Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2023, 07:18   #841
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
Since you have gone for 3% Increase in diameter and around 1 inch (11.4%) increase in sidewall, Your revs/mile have decreased considerably. Hence the speedo-meter, real speed of the car and the Average for that matter will be shown considerably lesser and incorrect. So since you have gone for such tyre upgrade, either you need to get the speedometer calibrated by Toyota, else you might have to calculate the average by tank to tank method.
The change in circumference is just 3 percent here meaning 12.4 kmpl might mean 12.8 kmpl in reality. But, from my experience of the Innova crysta MID, the MID consistently over estimates the real mileage by around 5 percent compared to tankul to tankful calculation. If that's the case even with Hycross, then the 12.4 kmpl shown with the new tyres might be closer to reality since it compensates for this over estimation done by Toyota.

With regards to speedo, speedo number is already over estimated from reality ( due to legal requirements ). So, this 3 percent increase in circumference will slow down the speedo by 3 percent and make the speedo numbers more accurate ( compared to GPS speeds ).

The only number which might go wrong would be the odometer reading. Even that, the person just have to add a factor of 3 percent to what's shown on the odo to get the real number.

Last edited by amalji : 14th February 2023 at 07:22.
amalji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 07:53   #842

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Did you test drive the hybrid model?

If so, I believe it would be Power-Eco-Charge-Off. Not a tachometer. Just showing if you are using the whole power of the system or driving economically or charging the batteries.

Are there no Tachometer for Hybrid models?
Old 14th February 2023, 08:32   #843

Quote:
Originally Posted by grepvel View Post
Which dealership in NCR did you receive the vehicle from?
Thirty Six Toyota, Faridabad.
Old 14th February 2023, 08:39   #844

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
Since you have gone for 3% Increase in diameter and around 1 inch (11.4%) increase in sidewall, Your revs/mile have decreased considerably. Hence the speedo-meter, real speed of the car and the Average for that matter will be shown considerably lesser and incorrect. So since you have gone for such tyre upgrade, either you need to get the speedometer calibrated by Toyota, else you might have to calculate the average by tank to tank method.
Had done the Maths already and still went ahead with 225/55. Had got both 225/55 & 235/50(ideal upsize) fitted on car with little to none visible difference in later. Primary objective was to fill the tire well..interestingly during a family get together no one pointed out anything about tires read “too small for the car of this size” hence objective achieved
Old 14th February 2023, 10:22   #845
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkad View Post
Are there no Tachometer for Hybrid models?
Kinda confusing area. Some hybrids have tachometers, while most have the 'power meter' with power/eco/charging/off meter.

The Corolla hybrids have tachometers that shows the rpm as well as when the engine if OFF (on battery). The Hycross/Hyryder/Camry has the power/eco/charging/off meter.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 10:30   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal rathee View Post
Thirty Six Toyota, Faridabad.
I also booked from the same dealer. They keep asking for 10-20 lakhs in advance without even seeing the vehicle, without PDI, without test drive. Without the vehicle actually available
Old 14th February 2023, 10:33   #847
BHPian

Was going through the Specs of HyCross and it states Electronic Parking Brake for Hybrid models.(not sure of the non hybrids)

Please enlighten me how the electronic parking brakes work ?
How does it behave when get towed by the enforcement authorities .

Is there a way to disengage the electronic parking brakes from outside the vehicle ?
Bangalore Traffic police is ruthless while towing these vehicles and I am worried of this damaging the entire braking system !

Another question is about the electronic power steering in HyCross.
My 2012 Duster gives a good feedback while driving and have a weighted feeling at 80+ speed.
Any one who test driven Hycross can comment on how it feels while driving the HyCross ?
Old 14th February 2023, 10:35   #848
BHPian

Today I got a call again from the dealer (36 Toyota Faridabad) stating that I will get the delivery of VX 7-seater by this month's end. They are asking me to make the payment in advance. I told them that I needed to do the PDI first and then I would make the payment. I have not taken the test drive yet. What should I do? Please suggest.

Last edited by Turbanator : 14th February 2023 at 21:20. Reason: Bold removed, spell/ grammar. Please proofread before posting.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 13:06   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
So for now I have decided to retain my Hycross booking but probably downgrade my Zxo booking to VX but wait for delivery till the VX variant gets 6 airbags.
I have a feeling this proposed rule of mandatory 6 airbags by October 1st 2023 is going to be deferred again for another year, or perhaps even more. Time will tell.

A quick search on the specs of all automobiles on Indian roads upwards of Rs. 30 lakhs on-road (Bangalore prices) shows only 3 cars that's selling with 2 airbags. Yes, one of those is Toyota Hycross VX. There's also lower end Jeep Compass models and a base Alturas to give it esteemed company. The others are 2 door cars, sports cars or pickup trucks.

The remaining 113 cars (and it's variants) all have more than 2 airbags. Out of this, only 3 cars have 3-5 airbags (Byd E6, Jeep Wrangler and Mercedes Benz V-Class) and rest all 110 models over Rs. 30 lakhs OTR have 6 plus airbags.

This shows how ridiculous Toyota is to sell a car with just 2 airbags for around Rs. 30 lakhs OTR.

I also checked out the Hycross at Nippon Toyota in Kochi yesterday. The car looks cheap inside out. The rear is hideous, it's as if designers just gave up after front and side. While it's massive, 'presumably' well built, the lack of premium interiors, a mediocre transmission & engine, very high price tag is a bit too much for me to swallow.

The sales guy was telling me that it will have high resale, great fuel economy etc. I'm not buying the car as an investment, but for a good experience the 5-6 years I own it. I'll hate seeing the cheap interiors and lethargic feel everytime I drive it.

We have 3 bookings for ZX(O) and we're holding it for now, but most likely will end up cancelling them all.

Last edited by inwester : 14th February 2023 at 13:30.
inwester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 15:37   #850
BHPian

Based on initial reports, looks like road tax and registration charges will be waived for Strong Hybrids in TN as per the new EV policy.

"As per the policy, the term EV includes battery electric vehicles (BEV), plug-in electric vehicles (PEV), plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV), and strong hybrid electric vehicles (SHEV).

The government has also decided to waive road tax, registration charges and permit fees for EVs."

link
shyampsunder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 16:08   #851
Senior - BHPian

There is a Malayalam movie Mukundan Unni Associates which is streaming now on Disney/Hotstar. The hero is a ruthless, sociopath lawyer who goes to any extend to become rich. There is a scene which shows how selfish he is, when he goes to buy a car, with only one airbag. The viewer can immediately know he is devising some thing sinister. And predictably, he goes on to kill his best friend and associate who start questioning his tactics by colliding the car they were travelling with a tree. Due to air bag on driver side, the hero survive and the associate dies.

When ever we have discussions on 2 airbags provided by Toyota in Hycross this deviant track in the movie come to my mind. If your family/friends has seen this movie, be very careful when buying a VX version with 2 airbags.
poloman is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 17:23   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyampsunder View Post
Based on initial reports, looks like road tax and registration charges will be waived for Strong Hybrids in TN as per the new EV policy.

"As per the policy, the term EV includes battery electric vehicles (BEV), plug-in electric vehicles (PEV), plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV), and strong hybrid electric vehicles (SHEV).

The government has also decided to waive road tax, registration charges and permit fees for EVs."

link
Wow, that's a great move by the TN government. I don't think any other state has this
Old 14th February 2023, 18:53   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyampsunder View Post

link
This is great news for Toyota and the customers in TN, hope other states follow the suit anf provide similar incentives for SHEV.
Old 14th February 2023, 19:04   #854

I have booked two Hycross ZX(o) and the sales executive got the colour of one of the cars wrong so they are fixing that in the system.

Sent an email to toyota about there being no clarity on the Innova allocations at Galaxy Toyota Chattarpur. After weeks of putting pressure, the email to Toyota finally did the trick and they shared my positioning the FIFO list.

The overall dealership experience is rubbish but for someone with 2000-2500km per month running in the NCR looking for a 7 seater, there isn't any viable alternative to the Innova.

And thus the wait continues..
Old 14th February 2023, 20:14   #855
BHPian

Do we have a link or a video where we can clearly see all the hycross Colors? You can hardly make any sense on the website images for color options .

Most Viewed