Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2023, 22:11   #991
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock3001 View Post
Along with Insurance quotation (I'm inclined towards RTI Insurance) , can someone also help with Loan ROI.

I'm getting 8.65% from SBI without any Processing Fee, without foreclosure charges (after 12 month) and can pay extra amount which will be adjusted against Principle.

Hdfc still offers 8.5 with pf 3984 and 0 foreclosure charges after 24 months.
ICICI is also still offering 8.5 with pf 7k and 0 foreclosure charges after 24 months.

Is the dealer forcing for insurance from their end?
Wizaro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 23:10   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizaro View Post
Hdfc still offers 8.5 with pf 3984 and 0 foreclosure charges after 24 months.
ICICI is also still offering 8.5 with pf 7k and 0 foreclosure charges after 24 months.

Is the dealer forcing for insurance from their end?
If i do the math basis above, HDFC will be cheaper by 2076 & ICICI will be costlier by 940 rs over a period of 5 years. So not much of saving.

Regarding insurance, i'm yet to get quotations from outside so not sure how much will i save there, but in a day or two will have clarity on same as well.

Moreover, since test drive is not available, I'm going at a snail pace with my dealer at the moment (not trying to show excitement to SA), however if you see, i have back to back posts here on Team BHP.
Old 23rd February 2023, 23:18   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
Hi All, For those who have taken their delivery of the Hycross, Please confirm which Insurance they preferred and what was the actual cost of Insurance ? Please share some information about taking the best quote for insurance and negotiation with the dealer to match the value of insurance.
I took the policy for 68+k for VX from Royal Sundaram. I got another quote for 65+k little later from someone else. This is with 0 dep, RTI, unnamed passengers, etc. from Royal Sundaram. Tata AIG quote was little less than 70k.
Upgrade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 07:16   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post
I took the policy for 68+k for VX from Royal Sundaram. I got another quote for 65+k little later from someone else. This is with 0 dep, RTI, unnamed passengers, etc. from Royal Sundaram. Tata AIG quote was little less than 70k.
TATA AIG has given me a quote for 64k with Zero dep, RTI and everything else covered. ICICI Lombard has quoted 98k. Any suggestions for Extended warranty? Should we take it now? Dealer is pressurising to take it within 60 days.

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 24th February 2023 at 07:28.
Old 24th February 2023, 11:13   #995
BHPian

Quote:
TATA AIG has given me a quote for 64k with Zero dep, RTI and everything else covered. ICICI Lombard has quoted 98k. Any suggestions for Extended warranty? Should we take it now? Dealer is pressurising to take it within 60 days.
In general, the EW will cost more if you buy after some time. I am not sure if that's the case with Toyota too.
Old 24th February 2023, 14:52   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post
I have been quoted 69k from TATA AIG (Including RTI and Unlimited Zero dep claims in a year) including Engine Protect, Key Protect, 3rd party for 3 yrs., Driver P.A. Cover and passenger cover for all 7 passengers. Should I proceed with this quotation from TATA AIG? Please advise.
Old 24th February 2023, 15:14   #997
BHPian

I got it from TATA AIG including RTI, Zero Dep etc for my VX for 72900. Toyota had quoted 127k.
Old 24th February 2023, 15:59   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
I got it from TATA AIG including RTI, Zero Dep etc for my VX for 72900. Toyota had quoted 127k.
Does that include 2 Zerodep claims in a Year or unlimited? Please check this with Tata AIG team.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 18:33   #999
BHPian

Background: While buying a car 1.5 years back with limited budget, I had looked at Venue, Sonet, Seltos, Harrier & the MG Hector that i booked and cancelled. Creta was love at first sight and luckily i was able to get an SXO-IVT in 4 days from first call to delivery, but that's a story for another day. It is serving us well but with kid getting taller and knee issues with parents, we felt it will be nice to go for a bigger car.

I have been keenly following the 7seaters on offer: XUV700 (takes longer than a highway to build), Kodiaq (only lucky draw winners can get one), Safari (added benefit:the service center will feel like second home). I dont feel rich enough to go for a less than 10kmpl car yet. And then Toyota came up with Hycross with an attractive pricing. Reading all the Team-BHP reviews I felt it is a good value for money car (Toyota) with enough space for the family, Toyota reliability and best-in-class mileage.

Everything else is covered in detail in reviews and comments above but I was really keen to see for myself:
1. Space and accessibility for the third row
2. Does it really have SUV looks
3. Plastic quality, i mean how bad can it be

Was getting bored in office in another city yesterday so went out for a stroll and entered Shaw Toyota, Pune to check out the Hycross in person.

What I saw (GX and VX):
1. Space & accessibility: pleasantly surprised. Not just the 3rd row, all passengers get ample space and leg room. Yes the battery does occupy some space but for me the second row passengers are of short height so no problem. Reclining third row is cherry on top. The Hycross rates high on comfort.

2. SUV looks: 4/10 as only the front view is decent. No escaping the MUV looks from sides and rear. Not enough differentiation from Crysta (once it starts getting used as a commercial vehicle, the brain will automatically perceive it as a Van/taxi). Not a deal-breaker though.

3. Plastics: in one word PATHETIC. I sincerely hope someone gets fired from Toyota for approving this quality. Having read so many reviews, I was ok to expect average plastic quality, but boy I was wrong! It is downright flimsy.
a) The Matt finish AC vent controls are thin, loose and can probably break within a year or two if you are not careful.
b) Gear lever is very ordinary and the push button on gear lever too was loose and had vertical play when you put your thumb on it. The stalk doesn't give you any feeling of strength or sturdiness let alone being premium.
c) Steering control buttons also feel ordinary, so do the driver side doorpad buttons.
All the above have a slightly grainy texture and a faded black look that make them feel cheaper.

Other observations:
1. Fabric seat covers felt soft but since they are synthetic, sitting on them for long might become a sweat problem in North Indian summer.
2. Rear sun shades are also of average quality compared to Creta.
3. The carpet cover in boot (the one you have to remove to access the spare wheel nut) was shabbily fit (perhaps an oversight by showroom staff or lack of attention by Toyota)
4. The 360 degree camera quality is average but gets the job done.
5. The captain seat handrests are thin and felt very slightly slanted sideways. Your hand will keep sliding off.
6. The handrest on bench seat is also not exactly horizontal.
7. The blue tubelights look aftermarket.
8. The plastic tray between captain seats is good but not intuitive. Some uncle is bound to use force to push it down and break it.

One last let-down: the part where roof liner meets the sun roof, just above sunroof controls, was poorly fitted or rather it was hanging down due to weight of the controls and lights. You could insert a hand in the wide gap between sunroof and the liner.

This was my first time driving a Hybrid. The power delivery is decent and never felt any lack of grunt. Given the size of the car, the turning radius is tight and steering felt very easy while taking a U-turn. (Rant: why do they always keep the fan at high speeds, couldn't make out the noise levels properly...the noise even drowned the indicator beeps if they were not faint to begin with).

Verdict: There are a lot of positive going for it but the Hycross interiors lack finesse. It is mechanically a good car thoroughly ruined by unnecessary cost cutting. Our frame of reference being Creta/MG Hector/ XUV700/Kodiaq, it will be really difficult to convince my family and myself to go for Hycross. I was really looking forward to it and willing to overlook minor issues but it is difficult to justify the price tag with this quality. What a missed opportunity!
Totoro11 is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 21:21   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post
[b]
Verdict: There are a lot of positive going for it but the Hycross interiors lack finesse. It is mechanically a good car thoroughly ruined by unnecessary cost cutting. Our frame of reference being Creta/MG Hector/ XUV700/Kodiaq, it will be really difficult to convince my family and myself to go for Hycross. I was really looking forward to it and willing to overlook minor issues but it is difficult to justify the price tag with this quality. What a missed opportunity!
However, the fact is that there is no other spacious 7 seater except Hycross which is available for NCR folks under 30 lakhs. (Diesel is a strict NO for Delhiites)
Old 24th February 2023, 21:31   #1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by nischaltopno View Post
Got a chance to test drive the HyCross. I have a 1.1L driven EcoSport TDCI MT and most of my observations are relative to it and very short test drive of around 3 kms.
[list=1]
[*]I wasn’t able to engage the the parking brake on ‘N’. Driver accompanying said parking button of no use and self engages on ‘P’. Took it with pinch of salt. Anyone here knows on this?
You can engage parking brake on 'N', I noticed a slight lag, it takes a couple of seconds for parking sign to appear on instrument panel. I also got puzzled a few times initially. And secondly, when you put the vehicle on 'P', it simultaneously puts parking brakes on, by itself. On traffic lights, use of 'N' and parking brakes is recommended.
Old 24th February 2023, 22:43   #1002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Did you hold down the brake pedal while doing this?
There is a slight delay for appearance of P hand brake signal on MID when you press electronic parking handbrake, after putting the vehicle to 'N' gear. The first reaction is to think that the hand brake is not working, at 'N'.
Palzsojourn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 09:52   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
Does that include 2 Zerodep claims in a Year or unlimited? Please check this with Tata AIG team.
Mate are thirty six forcing you to buy insurance, EW, accessories along with the car?
Old 25th February 2023, 11:31   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizaro View Post
Mate are thirty six forcing you to buy insurance, EW, accessories along with the car?
Yes, first they forced me to give advance of 10 lakhs, I gave it to them. Then they started forcing me to take Extended Warranty and Insurance from them. My car is yet to arrive. They are very demanding. I am not going to take insurance from them, if they further compel me, I may ask for cancellation.

Have you also booked from same dealer?
Old 25th February 2023, 12:33   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, first they forced me to give advance of 10 lakhs, I gave it to them. Then they started forcing me to take Extended Warranty and Insurance from them. My car is yet to arrive. They are very demanding. I am not going to take insurance from them, if they further compel me, I may ask for cancellation.

Have you also booked from same dealer?
i was going to but i didnt, went ahead with Galaxy Toyota Chattarpur. But seems galaxy was a mistake too. Have heard on fb even they are demanding insurance, ew, accessories and coating packages from customers.
In feb thirty six were offering a ready VX but i didnt took the plunge as it only after ZX(o)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks