Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2023, 01:22   #1096

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Has anyone been able to efficiently implement ADAS, mainly adaptive cruise control and lane assist ?
Old 5th March 2023, 22:31   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
If you are concerned by the huge size of Hycross, and you need a better car which is easy to drive and park, then VW Taigun 1.5 GT at 21 lakhs is a far better option than Hyryder. Hyryder is a purely Maruti vehicle and it will not give you a costly car feel at all. VW Taigun 1.5 GT is a German car and it feels and drives over and above the cars in the competition.
Thanks sir but i have already accepted delivery of top model of Hyryder V-Hybrid and driven it around 900kms in last 20 days. I am pretty happy with my decision.
As matter of fact , i test drove Volkswagen Taigun(Both 1 litre and 1.5 litre) right on the day of final payment of my Hyryder. Actually I was just checking for 2022 stock discounts from various dealerships and comparing it with Hyryder. I found Hyryder better deal than anything below 25LAC specially for my use case. Delhi NCR has a very "irritating" traffic since last 5-10years. People here have the worse driving etiquettes , with poor road discipline, no regards for fellow drivers, traffic police is more interested in challans then actual traffic management and bumper to bumper traffic almost everywhere. This is where Hyryder comes out a winner. It's electric boost is available right from speed zero, something similar to super charger of luxury cars. It's suspension is very similar to german cars. I could manage 25km/Litre of fuel economy (This is my first fuel tank fill since out from showroom) even in bumper to bumper traffic(Driven total of 900kms). And this too without any deliberate effort. The gearbox is super responsive specially at low speeds of city traffic again thanks to electric boost. Infact the 1.5 turbo Taigun with DSG gearbox felt worse for city use, where there is less chances of hitting turbo. 1litre Taigun felt better in city traffic.
As far as interiors are concerned, i found creta/Seltos/Alcazar has the segment best interiors and Taigun/Kushaq has the worse interiors. Yes build quality is better than the competition.
1.5 Litre Taigun/Kushaq Automatics are the worst city cars of the segment ( Specially Delhi NCR traffic). They are purely "Highway cars".
drsachin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 22:46   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
As per the new EV policy in UP notified today, the strong hybrid electric vehicles are also exempt from registration fees.
Thats a good news. Actually waiting for this notification, since I brought my Hyryder. I knew about this policy since it was cleared by UP government in oct 2022. They also notified in Jan 2023 about refunds to buyers of strong hybrids and EV vehicles who brought after oct 2022. As per the Jan 2023 news the refunds would be available straight to the bank accounts and buyers need not apply for refunds.
So i am eligible for 2/3 Lac refund. But the problem is how are they going to find out about buyers of strong hybrids. As per the RC in UP both mild and strong hybrids are mentioned as " Petrol Hybrid cars "only. And where will they seek "Bank account details from the dealers?" Just curious ��

Last edited by drsachin : 5th March 2023 at 23:01.
drsachin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 23:43   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsachin View Post
Thanks sir but i have already accepted delivery of top model of Hyryder V-Hybrid and driven it around 900kms in last 20 days. I am pretty happy with my decision. (This.
Many Congratulations on buying a Pure Hybrid. 4 days back, I took the delivery of Hycross Hybrid VX and I went for a long drive today and drove it for 600 kms.
I can relate to your observation that Hybrids are too easy to drive and manoeuvre in heaviest of the stop and go traffic. In stop and Go city traffic, Hycross managed to deliver an average of over 20 kmpl and overall for the highway drive, it gave me an average of 18.3 kmpl. (600kms)

These modern day hybrid machines are simply better than the EVs and Diesel vehicles available today. Makes our lives easy and tension free.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 09:21   #1100
BANNED

Hey Guys, has anyone booked their hycross from Mody Toyota situated in Vizag and got their car delivered? The reason is my dad had booked the car(booked ZX(O) ) well before the official launch date and still haven't received the car or any sort of delivery date.
Old 6th March 2023, 09:48   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sattii View Post
Hey Guys, has anyone booked their hycross from Mody Toyota situated in Vizag and got their car delivered? The reason is my dad had booked the car(booked ZX(O) ) well before the official launch date and still haven't received the car or any sort of delivery date.
I’ve booked the same variant from Mody Kharkhana - Hyderabad and till date no update
sanketdesai82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 10:01   #1102
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
I’ve booked the same variant from Mody Kharkhana - Hyderabad and till date no update
Looks like we're on the same boat as a customer from Mody toyota regardless of the location
Old 6th March 2023, 10:39   #1103
BHPian

I checked with my SA for revised on road price and he shared me the old price list. Upon checking for the revised price list, he said they have not received any update on price increase. He seemed completely unaware of the 75K price hike.
Old 6th March 2023, 12:57   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
I took the delivery of Hycross Hybrid VX and I went for a long drive today and drove it for 600 kms.
What's your feedback on VX suspension? I haven't driven much (just 100km on ODO), but could feel all the potholes. This felt worse than Seltos suspension.

I haven't checked the tyre pressure yet. I could see in instrument console TPMS related settings, but couldn't figure out if it's available in VX variant or not. Is TPMS an extra fitting for VX?
jthomas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 13:11   #1105

All the VX owners, have you considered upgrading the speakers?
If yes, please share the details.
Old 6th March 2023, 14:34   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
What's your feedback on VX suspension? I haven't driven much (just 100km on ODO), but could feel all the potholes. This felt worse than Seltos suspension.

I haven't checked the tyre pressure yet. I could see in instrument console TPMS related settings, but couldn't figure out if it's available in VX variant or not. Is TPMS an extra fitting for VX?
TPMS is not standard on VX.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 14:51   #1107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
TPMS is not standard on VX.
I own VX 8S. TPMS is standard on VX. Display is visible in driver MID. You can change display units to PSI or kPa. Also can change warning threshold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by payyans View Post
All the VX owners, have you considered upgrading the speakers?
If yes, please share the details.
The drop-in replacement speakers from Focal look good. These have high sensitivity and seem to work welll with stock amplification.

2-Way components can be used in front. (Need to check on compatibility with Dealer).
https://www.focal.com/en/car-audio/c...tar/is-toy-165

And co-axials in the back
https://www.focal.com/en/car-audio/c...tar/ic-toy-165

These are available on Dolphin Accessories:
https://dolphinaccessories.com/produ...cal-ic-toy-165
https://dolphinaccessories.com/produ...cal-is-165-toy

Since car has 5 year warranty, I do not intend to get this done outside. I have purchased my VX 8S from Ravindu Toyota, ISCKON Temple, Bengaluru.

Will inquire with them if they can swap out speakers when I visit for 1st service in coming weeks.

Last edited by Sheel : 6th March 2023 at 15:44. Reason: Please edit / multi-quote your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
gladiatort1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 15:27   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post

There is absolutely no issue with the suspension. On the contrary, I was amazed by its ride quality. This car rides like a proper SUV. Its ride quality is better than Innova Crysta. I did not feel any single pot-hole inside the cabin. The Cabin is well insulated.

If you are not satisfied with the ride quality, Please check your tyre pressure or you can go to the Service station to have some checks.

I did not experience even a single niggle so far. My car has APOLLO APTERRA CROSS TYRES and they are offering me an extremely good ride. The Tyre Pressure was 35 for the front set of tires and 34 for rear set of tyres.

I am very much satisfied with the long-drive of 600kms yesterday. This car is a highway cruiser and at the sametime, offers an easy ride during a traffic jam. The cabin is well-settled. We were 6 people in the car and none of the persons complained from any of the rows. The AC is excellent and the ride comfort of seats in VX is simply superb.

Overall, I would rate the comfort, ride quality and suspension of Innova Hycross 10/10.

More detailed review will be posted soon...

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 6th March 2023 at 15:31.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 15:37   #1109
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

I have been passive reader. Recently purchased HyCross VX 8S from Ravindu Toyota, Rajaji Nagar, Bengaluru. Just registered as a member and wanted to share my experience of purchasing and owning the car.

We are family of 7 (2 kids) and a driver. So 8 people. We had 2006 Innova G 8S for nearly 17 years and it ran for nearly 4 lakh kms flawlessly. All 8 of us could fit comfortably in the car. Last row could fit 3 medium sized adults. I had checked out Crysta when it launched with full family. It could not fit 8 of us comfortably, especially last row only 2 could fit. So I skipped Crysta.

I had booked HyCross VX 8S (Blackish Ageha color) on launch day (Nov 25 20222) online and selected Ravindu Toyota, Rajaji Nagar, BLR as dealer. In my family and extended family, all our Toyotas - Qualis, Innova, Etios Liva were purchased from the same dealer. Our experience has been good so far. I was called by Sales Rep to check the car on showroom launch day in Jan last week. I went with full family and 8 of could fit comfortably so I decided to go ahead with purchase. I was alloted car in the first lot and got it delivered on 5th Feb 2023.

I got below accessories:
  • Bumper corner protector
  • Door Edge Protector
  • Fog Lamp Kit (yet to be installed as it has not yet come)
  • Front Under Run
  • Rear Bike Protector (This is sturdy and not a stick on. It fits to chassis. See photos below)
  • Slde Mold chrome
  • Side Visor w/chrome
Was interested in Toyota dash cam and wireless charger. But accessories rep told that issues have been reported on these and did not recommend getting these.

I plan to get below things:
  • Nubuck Platina fabric seat covers from Elegant ( I am using it in my other cars from last 10 years. It is really good)
  • 3D mats or GFX mats
  • Speakar upgrades if possible with warranty coverage intact.
The drop-in replacement speakers from Focal look good. These have high sensitivity and seem to work welll with stock amplification.

2-Way components can be used in front. (Need to check on compatibility with Dealer).
https://www.focal.com/en/car-audio/c...tar/is-toy-165

And co-axials in the back
https://www.focal.com/en/car-audio/c...tar/ic-toy-165

These are available on Dolphin Accessories:
https://dolphinaccessories.com/produ...cal-ic-toy-165
https://dolphinaccessories.com/produ...cal-is-165-toy

Car has been mostly driven in city with full capacity. Family is happy with purchase and the comfort offered.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-rear-bike-protector.jpg  

gladiatort1000 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 15:39   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
There is absolutely no issue with the suspension. On the contrary, I was amazed by its ride quality. This car rides like a proper SUV. Its ride quality is better than Innova Crysta. I did not feel any single pot-hole inside the cabin. The Cabin is well insulated.

If you are not satisfied with the ride quality, Please check your tyre pressure or you can go to the Service station to have some checks.

I did not experience even a single niggle so far. My car has APOLLO APTERRA CROSS TYRES and they are offering me an extremely good ride. The Tyre Pressure was 35 for the front set of tires and 34 for rear set of tyres.

I am very much satisfied with the long-drive of 600kms yesterday. This car is a highway cruiser and at the sametime, offers an easy ride during a traffic jam. The cabin is well-settled. We were 6 people in the car and none of the persons complained from any of the rows. The AC is excellent and the ride comfort of seats in VX is simply superb.

Overall, I would rate the comfort, ride quality and suspension of Innova Hycross 10/10.

More detailed review will be posted soon...
Thanks. Congrats & Happy mile munching, ParitoshKalra.

How is the cushioning of the seats ? Also, any comments on the quality of fabric used on the seats - is it comfortable, causes sweat etc ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks