Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2023, 07:51   #1141
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
Any advice for a dash cam for the HyCross? Has anyone got the Toyota OEM installed?
I have installed Toyota Dashcam, have not faced any issues yet.

I didn’t go for the wireless charger, it was significantly reducing the space above the glove box
RSimonS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 08:15   #1142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post

Showroom visit, old car exchange and payment:
This car was collected next day and the amount was adjusted towards new car purchase. I compeleted rest of payment on 30th Jan.
Did you have NCB from previous policy? Was that transferred to the new car insurance? I'm also considering exchanging my old Innova.

I had booked ZX(O) on same day, so seems like the wait is going to be longer?
Old 9th March 2023, 10:33   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
Nope. It seems not real time.

In my VX variant, I do not see it updated since past 3 days. Car is parked where mobile network is available.
Were you able to connect to the iconnect app using the VIN number? I am somehow unable to login till now
Old 9th March 2023, 10:42   #1144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
Any advice for a dash cam for the HyCross? Has anyone got the Toyota OEM installed?
I had installed the Toyota dashcam for my crysta. I'm not sure, if it's the same accessory for hycross as well. But if both are the same, i would recommend to stay away from it. It'll start rattling after a few months and even the software is very buggy. At times, it doesn't record and you might not even notice it since the only visual indicator is a blinking red dot on the screen which you will miss monitoring on your daily drives. I replaced it once under warranty. But the issue persisted on the replaced dashcam as well. So it's not a one off. Even though the thing was still under warranty, i didn't want to spend more time and energy on it and hence just asked the service center to remove it from the vehicle. Atleast that'll remove the rattling sound.

I would call it the worst Toyota accessory I've ever purchased in 11 years of my Toyota ownerships.
amalji is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 11:07   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Could you elaborate on the issues? I was also thinking about getting the wireless charger and dashcam since they seem to be the only accessories that don't look too out of place or tacky.
Just to be clear I am talking about the Toyota DVR part number P66A30K001 which costs around Rs. 16K. See PDF attachments below for the information and price list. Issue was about reliability of impact sensing and dash cam moving to impact mode in which recorded video is not deleted. There seems to complaints about this. I did not inquire about wireless charger issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
I have installed Toyota Dashcam, have not faced any issues yet.
Please share the part number and price paid for your install. Just want to confirm if this is the same part (P66A30K001) offered for HyCross. I could not find much information about this dashcam online. Searching for this part number does not yield much results. It will be great, if you can share pictures of installation in your vehicle.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HyCross Toyota DVR Information Guide.pdf (158.2 KB, 591 views)
File Type: pdf HyCross Price List Accessories-Ravindu Toyota.pdf (225.8 KB, 776 views)
gladiatort1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 11:31   #1146

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrogen View Post
Went to do my PDI yesterday, only to find that the chassis number assigned to me belongs to a VX variant instead of a ZX(O) .

The dealership has admitted to the error - I have multiple pieces of documentation where the variant I've booked is clearly mentioned as being a ZX(O). I had gotten them to share the chassis number well before heading to the dealership, so I don't think it's a case of a bait-and-switch, but a genuine error. But that still leaves me rather disappointed, and unsure if they will be able to fulfil my order out of the current allotment, or if I will have to wait until future allotments arrive at the dealership. Let's see how it turns out, but definitely not happy with the experience with Nandi Toyota right now.
Update: Kept the pressure up over the last month, and also let them know that I would be fine with a ZX instead of a ZX(O), and am flexible on colour. Given that my priority is to get a car quickly, and the ZX(O) seems to be arriving at dealerships in little drips and dribbles, this seemed like the sensible thing to do. This seems to have done the trick - I got a call on the 7th saying that they have a silver ZX that they can allot to me, and I grabbed the opportunity. Will likely be headed to do a PDI today, if the car gods are kind.

Looking for advice on a few things:

1. Any firsthand experiences from people who have swapped out the stock 225/50 R18 tires on the ZX/ZX(O)? Is the increase in ride comfort worth the hassle and expense? Ride quality matters to me, but is not the most important thing.

2. I have a 70mai dual dashcam (front/rear) and I want to have it wired internally for 24 hr surveillance. Should I get the dealership (Nandi Toyota Hosur Road) to do it given that I don't want to risk voiding the warranty?

3. Would getting electrical accessories like footwell lights installed by an external garage void the warranty? Toyota accessories are seriously overpriced.

4. Any thoughts on whether front/rear underruns are actually useful in providing protection?

5. Boodmo doesn't seem to have Hycross accessories and parts yet. Any other good source for 3rd party accessories?
Old 9th March 2023, 12:11   #1147
BHPian

Quote:

4. Any thoughts on whether front/rear underruns are actually useful in providing protection?
These are made out of plastic and are purely for looks. Dealer also confirmed the same and showed these. I got the Front underrun installed with the hope that it can save the underside of the bumper when brushed against bad road hump. Went for Rear bike protector which is made out of metal and is fixed directly to chassis. This is very sturdy. See the pic I have posted in https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5507207 (Toyota Innova Hycross Review) Either one of Rear underrrun or Rear bike protector can be installed. Both cannot be installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samm View Post
Did you have NCB from previous policy? Was that transferred to the new car insurance? I'm also considering exchanging my old Innova.
The previous car was in my father's name and the new one was purchased in my name. So I did not check if NCB transfer is possible here. Dealers push to buy insurance from TTBI (Toyota Tsusho Insurance Broker India). I was interested in getting outside insurance to save some money. But I had just 2 days to decide and complete payment to get car delivered in the first lot, so just went with TTBI. Policy itself is from SBI Insurance. Will check options when policy comes up for renewal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I had installed the Toyota dashcam for my crysta. I'm not sure, if it's the same accessory for hycross as well. But if both are the same, i would recommend to stay away from it.
Do you know the part number of the dashcam? Share some pictures of it.

Last edited by vb-saan : 9th March 2023 at 12:53. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another. Thank you!
gladiatort1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 12:35   #1148
BHPian

Has anyone opted to install side steps on their Hycross?
If yes, please share the pics and the make of the part.

My grandmother and mother have knee joint trouble, so was thinking of adding the side step to the vehicle accessory.
I am not seeing any mention of it in the official accessories list shared by the dealer in Pune (Sonak Toyota), nor did I find any mention in Ravinda Toyota PDF shared by some BHPians here.
Old 9th March 2023, 13:19   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Do you know the part number of the dashcam? Share some pictures of it.
I could not trace the bill. But this is how it looks like.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-20230309_131722.jpg
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-20230309_131715.jpg
amalji is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 13:41   #1150
BHPian

Quote:

Rear Under Run can be added in case you are not planning to go for a Bike Protector in the future. (I think, it spoils the look of the Hycross So I did not get that installed) Original look of the rear bumper is good to my liking.

Front Under Run is a useless accessory since it reduces your Approach Angle of the car. If you look closely at the front bumper, its designed in such a way that the approach angle is proper from the front wheels, If we lower it down by adding Front Under Run, then it ruins the purpose of the approach angle. So its not helping, rather it's deteriorating the engineering and functionality. Hence I decided not to got for Front Under Run ! Think from Functionality point of view.

Only accessories I have opted for is:
1) Original Body Cover - 2900 INR
2) Original Mud Flaps - 3200 INR
3) Aftermarket AUTOFORUM 7D mats are of really good Quality for Hycross. I got those for 9700 INR

Additionally, I plan:
1) To get the side mould added to the doors in future.
2) To get the Fog Lamps installed from dealer (Since I own a VX)

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 9th March 2023 at 13:47.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 14:52   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
I have ordered 7D mats for Hycross online for ₹5500. Paid ₹500 advance and remaining on delivery. No idea about its quality but looks good. To match VX variant dual tone interior, I chose the coffee color.

They called me to confirm whether my variant is 7 seater or 8 seater.

https://www.hotcarshop.in/productdet...s&_pc=PROD5715

Attachment 2420103
Did you recieve these mats? How is the quality? Does coffee color match with interior trim? Please post some pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I could not trace the bill. But this is how it looks like.

Attachment 2426815
Attachment 2426816
This looks different than the DVR (part number P66A30K001) listed in HyCross brochure. If any BHPians got Toyota DVR installed for HyCross please post review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
Aftermarket AUTOFORUM 7D mats are of really good Quality for Hycross. I got those for 9700 INR
Where did you buy this? Autoforum website has not yet listed any HyCross accessories
Old 9th March 2023, 15:26   #1152
BHPian

Quote:

Where did you buy this? Autoforum website has not yet listed any HyCross accessories
Thirty Six toyota (Dealer ) in Faridabad had those mats for Hycross and they were selling it for 12k. I enquired in market and got those for 9700.

Trust me, no other mats in market can compete with AutoForum. These are really of excellent Quality
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img20230302134618.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img20230302134516.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img20230302134530.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img20230302134558.jpg  

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 9th March 2023 at 15:42.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 15:59   #1153
BHPian

Requesting help from all those you have bought their hycross vehicles, if you could let me know which model you bought, the insurance you took (details about it), the insurance price you paid and whether you took the extended warranty?

My dealer while not forcing is trying to hard sell the showroom insurance by saying how it is unique in its offering as compared to the ones we find outside etc
sanketdesai82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 16:17   #1154
BHPian

First service/check up update:

Did the 30 days inspection cum service. No major updates, just a bit of topping up of all the fluids.

I also did a tank fill. The tank to tank with topping up both the occasions showed a mileage of 16.6 kmpl. It is almost what MID tank average also showed (16.5 kmpl).

Observations:
The tank average keeps resetting probably because the tank is near full.
Trip average showing nothing came up two more times.
Driving inside the city (average speed 20 kmph) showed a mileage of 19 kmpl. Average of 30 to 40 kmph and not driving very short distance should most likely give 20+ kmpl efficiency.
Old 9th March 2023, 16:41   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
My dealer while not forcing is trying to hard sell the showroom insurance by saying how it is unique in its offering as compared to the ones we find outside etc
Car dealer is trying to trap you. No one can force you for insurance by law. Get in touch with your body shop manager and get to know the companies they support.
I took insurance policy for my VX from TATA AIG and it covers Return to invoice, zerodep, accident cover for all 7 passengers, all the consumables, third party for 3 yrs, engine protect, key protect, rsa and everything covered for just 68500. I saved 50,000 in Insurance. Toyota insurance was above 1 lakh 10 thousand. Save your money ; do not fall in their trap.

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 9th March 2023 at 16:42.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed