Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2023, 12:15   #1246
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I wouldn't recommend putting anyone's hard earned 35 lakhs INR into a car which doesn't support E20 fuel at this time especially on a Toyota whose strength is long years of peaceful ownership! Their strength gets negated with this short sighted decision of not giving E20 compatibility for India!
Mr. Vikram Gulati, country head and SVP of Toyota said, “We test our vehicles in the roughest conditions and engineer them to operate reliably beyond our customer’s expectations. Because of that initial engineering effort we have put in, you can run any of our cars from 2013 or later on E20 fuel without any problems for the rest of the vehicle life.”

Please read this article:
https://www.v3cars.com/news/all-toyo...-e20-flex-fuel

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 19th March 2023 at 12:16.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 18:44   #1247
BHPian

I am posting this here on behalf of my friend who is not member here. He has bought the Hycross on 28/02/23 and it was having hybrid system malfunction since day one, its been almost 20 days but Toyota is yet to provide solution to this even after multiple call to customer care and dealerships.
Car sitting idle in dealer warehouse. Is there anyway to reach Toyota senior management to raise this?
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-123.jpg  

kunaldhami is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 18:55   #1248
BHPian

I puchased screen guard for VX 8-inch system from armourguards.co.in - https://armourguards.co.in/product/t...pack=pack-of-1

Got the glossy finish. Quality is good. Installed it myself. Keep a squeegy handy to clear air bubbles. See pic below after installation.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-hycross-vx-8in-armour-guards-screen-guard.jpg  

gladiatort1000 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 21:17   #1249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
Do you own Hycross? I mean are you using the vehicle?
I never denied that Hycross is one of the best cars for various reasons as mentioned by you in your post. However, you have just touched upon all positives of this car (and I agree with all those points as per my TD experience), but it's not possible that there are no shortcomings at all. I agree that one can live with this plastic quality and it may last longer, however I sincerely feel that the door cover can break off easily if one pulls it down forcefully.

Not owning a vehicle doesn't disallow someone to mention areas where improvements are needed.
deepaksarch is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 01:46   #1250

Dear Team-BHPians,

This forum has been invaluable for me to follow about getting my next car (upgrading from XUV 5OO W8).

I'm in a small fix though. I need a 7-8 seater and Hycross is perfect. Love the fact that it is so spacious.

My current running is about 30 KM per day (weekday office runabouts, 50% city and 50% expressway + travel with family on weekends), and while the ZX(O) is also within my budget, but economincally due to low running, it makes sense for me to change it to the GX Petrol (non-hybrid) and save at least 6 lakhs up-front cost.

I did test drive the ZX(O) variant and the car is an excellent all-rounder. But due to the above predicament, I'm actively considering the following:
  1. Upgrade down to GX. I don't need sun-roof, though I will miss 6 air-bags and
  2. The interiors are a little too dark for my liking, so I'm actively thinking of getting a lighter version done at CarPlus - see video below

Are above good ideas? Also, is the GX engine performance nearly as good as the hybrid?

Old 20th March 2023, 11:07   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunaldhami View Post
He has bought the Hycross on 28/02/23 and it was having hybrid system malfunction since day one, its been almost 20 days but Toyota is yet to provide solution to this even after multiple call to customer care and dealerships.
Please update us on the progress. I am not comfortable hearing these news as I have also booked one and keenly watching this thread.

Cross posting from HyRyder thread as there’s also one issue reported https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5511617 (Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review)
nischaltopno is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 11:47   #1252
BHPian

Those who got the vehicle with them , can you please help me on how to enable the voice function.
For me it always shows , voice recognition is not available.
Let me know how to enable and how to use !
pradeepkm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 14:12   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepkm View Post
Those who got the vehicle with them , can you please help me on how to enable the voice function.
For me it always shows , voice recognition is not available.
Let me know how to enable and how to use !
You need to pair your phone to the car first via Android Play or Apple Car Play.
Old 20th March 2023, 14:57   #1254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk24 View Post
You need to pair your phone to the car first via Android Play or Apple Car Play.
Apple Airplay gets me Siri.
But see the video below. -
pradeepkm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 15:05   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nischaltopno View Post
Please update us on the progress. I am not comfortable hearing these news as I have also booked one and keenly watching this thread.

Cross posting from HyRyder thread as there’s also one issue reported https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5511617 (Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review)
Sadly no solution from Toyota yet. Car is not in use for more than 20 days.
kunaldhami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 15:16   #1256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepkm View Post
Apple Airplay gets me Siri.
But see the video below. -https://www.Youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=EwE0TDhmBhM

I am talking about the default Toyota Voice recognition where the paired bluetooth is what needed.
Yes, that's how it works.
Old 20th March 2023, 16:24   #1257
BHPian

Quick question regarding Insurance.
What is the IDV showing for you guys?
I have booked the VX 8 Str in Pune and the ex-showroom is 24,81,000/-.
The IDV should be at-least this, right?
I think the Dealer (Sonak Toyota, Pune) has scammed me in declaring the IDV at INR 23,56,951/-.

Please guide if I am just being paranoid or I've actually been scammed.
Old 20th March 2023, 16:28   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunaldhami View Post
I am posting this here on behalf of my friend who is not member here. He has bought the Hycross on 28/02/23 and it was having hybrid system malfunction since day one, its been almost 20 days but Toyota is yet to provide solution to this even after multiple call to customer care and dealerships.
Car sitting idle in dealer warehouse. Is there anyway to reach Toyota senior management to raise this?
Why did this gentleman accept such a car during delivery?

Is it registered on his name?
Old 20th March 2023, 18:16   #1259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
Mr. Vikram Gulati, country head and SVP of Toyota said, “We test our vehicles in the roughest conditions and engineer them to operate reliably beyond our customer’s expectations. Because of that initial engineering effort we have put in, you can run any of our cars from 2013 or later on E20 fuel without any problems for the rest of the vehicle life.”
Yes, that's one way to nudge a customer into buying a car with him owning all the risks. Once they officially announce the E20 compliance they will have to bear the E20 related issues under warranty.

They will wait and watch and build the backlog of all the issues they need to fix before official declaration....very clever indeed!
BlueJay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 18:43   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
I have booked the VX 8 Str in Pune and the ex-showroom is 24,81,000/-.
The IDV should be at-least this, right?
I think the Dealer (Sonak Toyota, Pune) has scammed me in declaring the IDV at INR 23,56,951/-.

Please guide if I am just being paranoid or I've actually been scammed.
You are not scammed. The IDV is 95% of ex-showroom price.
Knightrider is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks