Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2023, 02:13   #1336
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Came across a video of a dechromed hycross/zenix with blackened wheels. Personally not a fan of the 'murdered out' look but posting it here anyway:

Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 08:56   #1337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock3001 View Post
Which variant do you want ? I need VXO before next price hike & i need it now, given we are left with only 1 car at home.

QQ : Did your SA agreed to Insurance from Outside ?
My SA is comfortable with insurance from outside. I enquired for insurance and Tata AIG Quote for VX zero dep, return to invoice, unlimited claim is coming around 69.5. i find it reasonable.
Abhijeetsinha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 10:06   #1338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhijeetsinha View Post
My SA is comfortable with insurance from outside. I enquired for insurance and Tata AIG Quote for VX zero dep, return to invoice, unlimited claim is coming around 69.5. i find it reasonable.
I was given a quote of 70603 from Tata AIG for ZX(O) with IDV of 2823400 with zero dep, consumables, RTI, Engine, Tyre , key, belongings & RSA. You should push your agent for more.
Wizaro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 10:53   #1339
Senior - BHPian

1. Is there any way to switch off the adaptive light settings?
I would prefer to switch off and switch on when required as now the park lights switch on automatically when its dark.

2. Is there any way to cut the beep of the 360 camera when parked?
I mean when at stand still, like at a traffic signal, the beeps are annoying each and everytime a bike squeezes in.

Things I noticed with regards to the interiors.In my opinion, its not that bad.
1. The driver side power window is marked and visible at night.
2. All the windows are one touch powered.
3. There is a blue illumination for the 2 cubby holes behind the gear leaver console and also above the glove box.
4. The horn is the same as all the previous gen Innovas. I like that! Similar sounding aftermarket would be the Hella yellow panther.
5. Easier ingress compared to the Crysta.
6. I really don't know what to do with the key when driving. Would have really like a place to keep it when in use. Now, I just keep it in one of the cubby holes. Keeping it one place would also remind me to take it from there when I leave the vehicle.
And the other cubby hole takes the phone. So all other things I carry end up in the center box. Maybe thats why its designed to open to only the driver.

Last edited by beejay : 31st March 2023 at 10:54.
beejay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 11:10   #1340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
1. 6. I really don't know what to do with the key when driving. Would have really like a place to keep it when in use. Now, I just keep it in one of the cubby holes. Keeping it one place would also remind me to take it from there when I leave the vehicle.
Keep it in your pocket. Keyless entry is designed so you never have to take the key out of your pocket.
Cresterk is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 16:01   #1341
BHPian

I took delivery of my VX - 8 Str Super White yesterday and this is actually the 1st time I drove (yes, I purchased such an expensive car blindly as my dealer didn't have a test-drive vehicle).
Few observations (most of them are similar with others):
  • I am happy with the way the car drives and rides. (to be honest, I wasn't concerned about this after reading so many positive posts on T-BHP )
  • The Toyota i-Connect app works fine for me with almost real-time updates.
  • The RSA and i-Connect is free for 3 years but Toyota hasn't shared any pricing post the 3 years
  • I am 5'8'' and am there is no discomfort in the driver's position. Will update if there is any change after a fairly long road-trip.
  • A funny incident: The feedback form which Toyota sends doesn't anonymize the data and the Sales Advisor or GEM can see what rating was given to them. Hence, when I rated something other than 10, the advisor was super disappointed. I was taken aback when the SA asked me why I had rated him poorly. So, Toyota wants pointed feedback, but not for themselves, but for their advisors which is totally unfair. I would rate Toyota themselves very poorly for the radio silence, non-availability of test drive vehicles, preferred color not being available etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Keep it in your pocket. Keyless entry is designed so you never have to take the key out of your pocket.
I think the biggest problem for this is when you switch drivers between cars and the key shifts to another car
turbospooler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 18:48   #1342
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase, wish you happy miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
I took delivery of my VX - 8 Str Super White yesterday and this is actually the 1st time I drove
Your profile picture shows Honda Jazz which btw even I own (1.2 iVtec MT) too. I am very much interested in knowing your observations about Hycross especially on ride quality (highway undulations, rumble strips, deep/sharp potholes, concrete road NVH) and car's in-gear acceleration at various speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Hycross VX 8 seater bench variant in Super White is on display at Sonak Toyota, Bavdhan, Pune.

I did look around and sat in all 3 rows in display VX variant but didn't took a test drive

Here are my observations and not in any particular order.
I did took a look at it after launch, but was little disappointed in cabin touch and feel. It felt only marginally better than my current 2016 Jazz cabin quality.

Thanks!

Last edited by varunswnt : 31st March 2023 at 18:56.
Old 1st April 2023, 07:08   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizaro View Post
I was given a quote of 70603 from Tata AIG for ZX(O) with IDV of 2823400 with zero dep, consumables, RTI, Engine, Tyre , key, belongings & RSA. You should push your agent for more.
Where did you get it from. I tried to reason with ins agent.no success. Told him for IDV 24 you r chargin 69.5. somebody else payin 70.5 for IDV 28. He says it's the cheapest. Should I find out online. Has anyone taken online policy?
Old 1st April 2023, 07:58   #1344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Your profile picture shows Honda Jazz which btw even I own (1.2 iVtec MT) too. I am very much interested in knowing your observations about Hycross especially on ride quality (highway undulations, rumble strips, deep/sharp potholes, concrete road NVH) and car's in-gear acceleration at various speeds
I too am interested to know your observations.

I drove my jazz on the same road where I test drove the hycross. I think it’s wrong to compare them in the same category. The difference was night and day on the bad sections of the road.
ashwinikalantri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 08:51   #1345
BHPian

Quote:
Where did you get it from. I tried to reason with ins agent.no success. Told him for IDV 24 you r chargin 69.5. somebody else payin 70.5 for IDV 28. He says it's the cheapest. Should I find out online. Has anyone taken online policy?
You should definately explore online as well.
If you want i can share the quote he shared with me or his contact number.
Old 1st April 2023, 11:12   #1346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizaro View Post
You should definately explore online as well.
If you want i can share the quote he shared with me or his contact number.
Please share his contact number.
Old 1st April 2023, 14:27   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Please share his contact number.
Tata AIG Agent Jitendra contact no 7-8 two 7 6 O 4 5 8-three

Last edited by Sheel : 1st April 2023 at 16:44. Reason: Edited out the phone no. Thanks.
Old 1st April 2023, 16:46   #1348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post
The drop-in replacement speakers from Focal look good. These have high sensitivity and seem to work welll with stock amplification.
Hi,

Could you share few pics showing how these accessories are looking on your car?

Did you get any information on whether changing the speakers will void warranty?

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd April 2023 at 17:59. Reason: Typos fixed, quote trimmed.
Old 1st April 2023, 17:53   #1349

I have booked Innova Hycross VX at Pune and expecting it to be delivered next week post registration. Need some suggestions on few points -
1. what are the must have accessories I should buy from Toyota dealer?
2. Since VX offers fabric seats, should I go for leather seat covers on day 1 or rather use fabric seats for some time?
3. Any feedback on the Chrome garnishes that Toyota offers on front, side and rear of the vehicle.. does it really enhance the look? My colour is Blackish Ageha.
4. Is spending money on getting ceramic coating done on a brand new car really worth it and is it even necessary?
Old 1st April 2023, 21:16   #1350
BHPian

So I am finally going to get the delivery of my VX(O) on Monday. Did a sort of PDI today and looked good. Few pics from the little checkup I did today.

I did see 1 more white VX(O) in the godown and a VX and a GX variant.

Few more questions on the accessories:
- roof ornament: is this just for show or does it actually serve a purpose?
- I’ve been told that I can either get the rear under run or the rear bike protection as only one can be fit in that place, any thoughts?

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_8943.jpeg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_8944.jpeg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_8945.jpeg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_8946.jpeg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_8951.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd April 2023 at 18:00. Reason: Addition. EDIT: Pictures inserted in-line, typos fixed.
sanketdesai82 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks