Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2023, 20:35   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review

make a duplicate key for opening the petrol/diesel tank at fuel bunk/handing over to fuel pump attendent
Old 25th February 2023, 21:10   #137
BHPian

So just a quick update

Had the first service on 23 Feb. Drove 120 km yesterday and today I get a warning light I had never seen before. I was going to ask help here but thankfully found out on my own.

Turns out its a Regen DPF warning. Sending the Thar tomorrow and going to make sure that I do less city driving and try and do long stretches.

I think the Petrol owners are right and that is why most companies shying away from Diesel.

Looks like will plonk a battery and motor in the front wheels and make it a hybrid AWD 😂
Urorobo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 22:40   #138

Hello TeamBHPians, I have been following this thread very closely. This tab is always open and I refresh it for latest updates everyday.

I booked my Thar RWD White around 4 PM on 9th Jan itself. However, the delivery is no where in sight.

Is there any news on White color's billing starting anytime soon? I am now thinking to shift to Red after waiting for a month for White. Please suggest what should be done. I really want White color but dont want to wait endlessly.

Last edited by EcoSport_Thar : 25th February 2023 at 22:57.
EcoSport_Thar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 00:02   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoSport_Thar View Post
I am now thinking to shift to Red after waiting for a month for White. Please suggest what should be done. I really want White color but dont want to wait endlessly.

You must have chosen white because more than any sense, I'm sure it must have just looked pretty to you. As it's your first choice, I feel it might be best to wait a little longer as shifting to a different color may not give you the satisfaction you're might be looking for.

I booked Grey LX RWD on Jan 9th, and the delivery is no where in sight. They recently offered me a potential March delivery of Black colour. However, as I had found Grey as my (emotional) first choice, I'm willing to wait and advise you the same. I'm sure the wait will be worth eventually.

PS- I sold my previous car recently, in hope that Feb end would be the delivery date. So I'm car less now. But I have gut feeling to wait. (Might have compromised on colour had it been another regular car, but not Thar)
old_miles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 10:42   #140
BHPian

Quote:

I booked my Thar RWD White around 4 PM on 9th Jan itself. However, the delivery is no where in sight.
I would suggest you to get in touch with your Dealer. When I contacted Customer care last week, they simply redirected me to Dealer. It looks like Mahindra has given full freedom to dealers this time irrespective of booking order.

However, My dealer promised to deliver the vehicle as per the timeline as it was showing in the portal tracker(before they removed this option from the portal).

Also, I don't find any Thar White delivery videos on Internet yet. So, probably you may need to wait little longer than usual.
snallagatla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 10:59   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_miles View Post
You must have chosen white because more than any sense, I'm sure it must have just looked pretty to you.
Absolutely Right! Really loved white, I can already imagine how it would look with Blacked out head and tail lights with a hint of our tri-color on the grill.

But the thing is if I know how much am I supposed to wait I do it happily. I am in constant touch with the dealer had they haven't committed a date as yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_miles View Post
PS- I sold my previous car recently, in hope that Feb end would be the delivery date. So I'm car less now. But I have gut feeling to wait. (Might have compromised on colour had it been another regular car, but not Thar)
Oh, wow! I love Thar but I dont think I will be able to do this
Old 26th February 2023, 11:10   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by snallagatla View Post
I would suggest you to get in touch with your Dealer. When I contacted Customer care last week, they simply redirected me to Dealer. It looks like Mahindra has given full freedom to dealers this time irrespective of booking order.
I will be honest here, I have actually had a conversation with the dealer about 10 times in this month only, just to confirm about the delivery. I have a good connect with him now. I am not one of those patient kinds

Quote:
Originally Posted by snallagatla View Post
Also, I don't find any Thar White delivery videos on Internet yet. So, probably you may need to wait little longer than usual.
So, the dealer has committed that I will be one of the first customers to get White thar. However, when the delays started to happen I deep dived with him as to why is there no deliveries for white thar. What the dealer told me actually scared me a lot.

The dealer said that White and Bronze color will only be available after the software update and in Bharat Stage 6.2 launch. Would be awesome if OTHERS CAN CONFIRM THIS.

Now that is scary because software update and BS 6.2 launch can take a long time!!!

Last edited by EcoSport_Thar : 26th February 2023 at 11:14.
Old 26th February 2023, 12:51   #143
BHPian

Quote:
I will be honest here, I have actually had a conversation with the dealer about 10 times in this month only, just to confirm about the delivery. I have a good connect with him now. I am not one of those patient kinds

So, the dealer has committed that I will be one of the first customers to get White thar. However, when the delays started to happen I deep dived with him as to why is there no deliveries for white thar. What the dealer told me actually scared me a lot.

The dealer said that White and Bronze color will only be available after the software update and in Bharat Stage 6.2 launch. Would be awesome if OTHERS CAN CONFIRM THIS.

Now that is scary because software update and BS 6.2 launch can take a long time!!!
I was at my dealer yesterday to collect the receipts of payments made and the above statement is indeed true. No vehicles (1.5D RWD) billed or dispatched in Feb so far. No firm communication from M&M regarding upcoming deliveries. My sales executive is also expecting a price hike by April 1st. As BS6.2 will come into effect from April 1st, M&M may want to update their engines to be RDE compliant.
nish6474 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 16:30   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by nish6474 View Post
No vehicles (1.5D RWD) billed or dispatched in Feb so far. No firm communication from M&M regarding upcoming deliveries.
I don't understand this, M&M confirmed that the deliveries for RWD Petrol AT will happen in 5-6 weeks. Then why will it be dependent on the color that the customer is choosing. And if the deliveries are color dependent then they should give the timelines as per the colors and not as per the variant.
Old 26th February 2023, 17:02   #145
BANNED

Quote:
No vehicles (1.5D RWD) billed or dispatched in Feb so far.
This statement, coming from your dealer is just NOT true, mine got invoiced on 17th Feb and was delivered a couple of days back, it is a Feb make and Red in colour. 1.5. The website status got changed on 17th from order confirmed to vehicle invoiced. Next day, I was provided the last 6-7 alphabets/number of the VIN to confirm the Feb make.

Wish you luck with your delivery in the days to come.
Torquedo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 22:00   #146
BHPian

I spoke to customer care and they confirmed delivery would be in March (White, RWD, Petrol Auto). Have an email confirming the same as well.
I asked if this was tentative or confirmation, he nervously said it was confirmed.
Time will tell i guess.
Similar stories from the dealer, i was told I'll be the first to get the white. Lol.
@ecosport_thar Hope we haven't booked from the same dealership - PPS Lavelle Road

Last edited by P72NX : 26th February 2023 at 22:01.
P72NX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 23:09   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by P72NX View Post
Similar stories from the dealer, i was told I'll be the first to get the white. Lol. @ecosport_thar Hope we haven't booked from the same dealership - PPS Lavelle Road

Hope we are the firsts from respective Dealerships. I have booked it from Sireesh Auto. If delivery for White Thar is in the 1st week of March then we should get the billings done in a couple of days, otherwise it will extend further. Hoping to get it ASAP!
EcoSport_Thar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 00:09   #148

Quote:
You can mail Mahindra customer care and they would inform the tentative delivery month as per their current plan. Dealer can also check this date in their DMS tool. I got mail from customer care mentioning my tentative date. Dealer also said the same.

Quote:
Almost every automaker other than Mahindra has already announced and started shipping BS6 phase 2 vehicles now itself as phase 1 vehicles can't be registered post March 31. Mahindra has already said dealers that there won't be anymore billing for Bolero until it's made RDE compliant. No information about other cars so far. Mahindra would most likely start billing RDE compliant vehicles from mid March itself.

Quote:
My sales executive is also expecting a price hike by April 1st. As BS6.2 will come into effect from April 1st, M&M may want to update their engines to be RDE compliant.
Price hike will definitely be there for all Mahindra vehicles for the tune of 30-50k. Thar hasn't received price hike for the last 4+ months so there are very high chances seeing Mahindra's history of hikes. All dealers received email from Mahindra on 12th Jan evening that the initial 10k bookings are over and any new bookings made from 13th Jan would be priced as on delivery date. If your booking is between 9-12 Jan, you would get price protection. Customer care refused to provide information on this but redirected me to dealer and they confirmed this from their side.

Quote:
M&M confirmed that the deliveries for RWD Petrol AT will happen in 5-6 weeks. Then why will it be dependent on the color that the customer is choosing. And if the deliveries are color dependent then they should give the timelines as per the colors and not as per the variant.
Mahindra customer care has replied to another user's mail which was discussed in this thread before that the allocation will be based on color choice, variant and region as well. Even for XUV300, Mahindra has mentioned region wise waiting times. So there would be lot of differences in allocation this time.
Ragu_Durai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 11:08   #149

M&M and dealers are taking everyone for a ride. I got frustrated with daily follow up, having booked on 10th Jan 23, cancelled the booking (online) on 20th Feb 23 evening, selecting one of the options w.r.t. Delay in Delivery. Cancelation is confirmed real time and next morning, the dealer, Indraprastha, Prashant Vihar calls up to say "Sir, aap lena chahte ho?, I can arrange". I asked for time to decide. By evening, M&M refunded the booking amount after deduction of 10% (on 21k). Next day, dealer calls again, this time in a different manner - jo color aapne book kiya hai, wahi available hai, aapki hi gaadi aayi hai" - from I can arrange, to it's your booked vehicle. This means they were having it from the company in hand, while M&M site keeps showing "delivery status not available", dealers keep looking for someone who can buy at a premium.
While honest tax paying people like us, provide the company interest-free booking amounts to play with, and then lose money on account of penal deduction, for games played by the dealer.
Gemini_Delhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 17:40   #150
BHPian

M&M Thar booking Webpage shows increased prices to the tune of 30k with updated suffix BS6.2
ankushbansal is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks