Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2023, 23:26   #271
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review

@ThorTheThar Congratulations !!

Have not really experienced HDC as never been on such an incline. The time that I have engaged it never felt any difference but the slope was not that steep.

What accessories have you got ? Aquamarine is the best colour I feel as it retains the Jeep Colour and has shades of black , blue and green. My first TD was this colour.

Happy Motoring and keep us updated on what mods you do.

White looks good with the JL Grill. Have not opted for light or Grill yet but am keen on getting them and the Tyres to 285 as they fit on Stock Rims.

Keep us posted
Old 2nd April 2023, 00:28   #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by shank_revzilla View Post
BTW, who is your dealer in Bangalore?
Sireesh Auto. I went to the Silk Board showroom. Folks there were extremely cooperative. There were some jitters initially, but that was on me (booked on 9th Jan, and the wait was excruciating).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urorobo View Post
What accessories have you got ? Aquamarine is the best colour I feel as it retains the Jeep Colour and has shades of black , blue and green. My first TD was this colour.

Happy Motoring and keep us updated on what mods you do.
Not many accessories, just the standard of reverse camera and radiator guard. One aesthetic focused accessory was the headlamp applique, and that's it (black on the body colour, around the edges of the metaphorical eyes looks good IMO).

I agree with you on the colour. It was always my first choice. It has that tint of sophistication on top of the obvious ruggedness of the Thar.

Mod wise, I'm a function over form kind of a guy. Headlights have been about manageable, so maybe a bulb upgrade to LED (will retain the headlight assembly, I like it). Grab handles have been suggested by the wifey, so looking at that too. Ceramic coating or PPF next, and maybe replace that battering ram of a front bumper too (Bangalore traffic has a way of making you want to reduce your footprint on the extreme edges).
ThorTheThar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 03:58   #273
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Congratulations. The headlamp applique looks lovely. I placed an order as soon as the car was invoiced. No delivery as yet, same for the bug deflector. Enjoy your new vehicle!
rajeevsulu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 11:02   #274
BHPian

I picked the vehicle up on Thursday.
Delivery experience wasn't the greatest, but the vehicle is a beauty.
Accessories were about 20k

Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-pxl_20230330_150319335.jpg

Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-pxl_20230330_142403484.jpg

Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-pxl_20230330_145915250.jpg

Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-pxl_20230331_112128880.jpg

Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-pxl_20230330_174911220.jpg
P72NX is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 14:33   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorTheThar View Post
Gentlemen,

Got the delivery of my Aquamarine Diesel today.
Many congratulations man...

Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorTheThar View Post
Question: Has anyone faced some roughness from the hill descent control in their unit? I mean, it's working, but the retraction feels kinda rough (sound and feel)
HDC seems not fool-proof. It works 7 out of 10 times I guess. 70% cant be much useful.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd April 2023 at 15:16. Reason: full > fool.
old_miles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 12:24   #276
Senior - BHPian

I maybe asking too much here from Mahindra but does the Thar has any remote connectivity feature like cars these days have? Something which will activate on your mobile in case like the car alarm goes off or door was opened etc alert on the cell.
Old 3rd April 2023, 13:58   #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I maybe asking too much here from Mahindra but does the Thar has any remote connectivity feature like cars these days have? Something which will activate on your mobile in case like the car alarm goes off or door was opened etc alert on the cell.
There are some after market options available, but nothing that Mahindra offers, as far as I know.
ThorTheThar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 09:08   #278
Senior - BHPian

Since the underside of the Thar is pretty tall than the average car how easy it is to flick the cat con? For most people this will be a second car and chances of it being parked on the road over night is high. How can one prevent the cat con etc from being flicked? I also have no clue where the cat con is located.

Thanks

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 4th April 2023 at 09:18.
Old 4th April 2023, 11:27   #279
BHPian

Folks I currently own a Seltos Petrol IMT(naturally aspirated) - & while it’s a comfortable vehicle, I wanted something a bit different.(exciting).

I am mulling over picking up the Thar RWD Petrol Automatic.

Fuel efficiency is fine for me & I am divorced so will be the only one in the car at all times.

With my Seltos fetching a very good value - I effectively just to have to pay a couple of lakhs - hence even more inclined.

I’m aware that I’ll be sacrificing a few creature comforts but the sheer presence & power of the Thar has me hooked.

Please shed some light on if you think this is worthy move as this will be my primary vehicle & would be used in the city 75% off the time.

Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 13:14   #280
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armaan_singh View Post
Folks I currently own a Seltos Petrol IMT(naturally aspirated) - & while it’s a comfortable vehicle, I wanted something a bit different.(exciting).

I am mulling over picking up the Thar RWD Petrol Automatic.

Fuel efficiency is fine for me & I am divorced so will be the only one in the car at all times.

With my Seltos fetching a very good value - I effectively just to have to pay a couple of lakhs - hence even more inclined.

I’m aware that I’ll be sacrificing a few creature comforts but the sheer presence & power of the Thar has me hooked.

Please shed some light on if you think this is worthy move as this will be my primary vehicle & would be used in the city 75% off the time.

Thanks
Hi
I did something similar. As I was widowed recently and felt my XUV 700 was too much for me(I have no kids as well), I sold it and got a Thar diesel Rwd. Most of my driving is now in the city(60 %) and it serves the purpose. Should work for you as well. Cheers
Old 5th April 2023, 17:07   #281

Another month and another price hike from Mahindra. 28k for all 4WD variants and 56k for diesel RWD variants. Price of LX RWD Diesel increased by 1lakh within 3 months of launch reflects the high demand for that variant.

Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-screenshot_2023040516571759_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Ragu_Durai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 18:52   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragu_Durai View Post
Another month and another price hike from Mahindra. 28k for all 4WD variants and 56k for diesel RWD variants. Price of LX RWD Diesel increased by 1lakh within 3 months of launch reflects the high demand for that variant.

Attachment 2437321
Make hay while the sunshines is an old saying.

Most of us who have bought with price protection are indeed feeling like we have made money in a crypto trade or stock

Looking fwd to the Jimny for wifey … read self too 😄
Urorobo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 22:31   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urorobo View Post
Looking fwd to the Jimny for wifey … read self too 😄
While the majority opinion seems to be that the two cannot be compared, I must admit that I am not able to decide between the two.
Old 7th April 2023, 00:42   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB290 View Post
While the majority opinion seems to be that the two cannot be compared, I must admit that I am not able to decide between the two.
I have the Thar and it is literally breaking my back

Beautiful beast, Road presence, childhood dream of jeep , nice engine for everyday driving but and big but the suspension and short wheel base make it not a good every day car unless one plonks a cool 1 lac plus on suspension even then there is no guarantee or one drives on roads without speed breakers and joints 🙃
Urorobo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 04:46   #285
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I booked the 4x4 Petrol HT AT Thar on Oct 2nd 2020, the day of launch, and because of this I received the price protection and was able to get the Thar in Feb 2021 at 17.5 lacs on Road including 67-70K worth of Mahindra accessories which I chose and paid for. Even considering all the extra money that I spent on under body protection and steel side steps and AVO suspension, and grille and foglamps and dash cam and the other additional things, I have spent another 1.8 lacs bringing the total to 19.3 or so.

I look back a few years and see that one could get a fully loaded top Spec Scorpio for some 16 lac on Road.
Now in April 2023, I am just shell shocked that the Thar in raw form itself, costs about 20 + Lacs on road.

It is a tremendous and frightful increase in prices over the last 2 years!
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed