Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2023, 03:57   #301
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review

[
With time the expectations have evolved as have the vehicles to want your car to be comfortable yet have the classic looks as for the capability multiple videos exist of Altos outshining SUVs in snow.

We RWD owners want a comfortable jeep period unless it’s an oxymoron 😊😊[/quote]

Even the famed Jeep Wrangler is NOT really a comfortable Jeep on road in factory stock form. It is bumpy and sways and all because of the solid axles and knobbly tyres and suspension settings.

The Thar is actually terrific for the lousy and broken roads that we are forced to live with day to day, whether on our highways or state roads or in our cities too.

The reason that a whole industry around aftermarket suspension annd tuning even exists is because of your point ref comfort, above. People are certainly seeking comfort plus functionality. And in these Jeeps and most other Off roaders the combination d just isn’t available as stock, “out of the box”.

As I said elsewhere, since I am planning a short road trip later in the week, yesterday I went and had my AVO suspension checked and reset at the Mahindra Adventure Service place which deals with AVO.
They Dialled up each damper clockwise using a monkey wrench on the adjustment knob provided, until there is no more ‘give’ and then dialled down each damper anti clockwise for 11 clicks in front and 12 clicks in the rear. This being the optimal comfort setting the vehicle just glides over most of the bumps and rumble strips and speed breakers and behaves well under braking too.
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 13:10   #302
BHPian

Hello guys, Anyone have any idea about RWD billing at Mahindra side. My dealer at Pondicherry still has no clue about it
I booked my RWD on Jan 10th and the Mahindra customer care says i will get my vehicle on September
Old 17th April 2023, 00:53   #303

Gentlemen,

My 1000km check-up is booked for next week. Would it be advisable to get my engine oil changed, regardless of Mahindra saying it's not required?
Old 17th April 2023, 10:14   #304

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeeperk View Post
Hello guys, Anyone have any idea about RWD billing at Mahindra side. My dealer at Pondicherry still has no clue about it
I booked my RWD on Jan 10th and the Mahindra customer care says i will get my vehicle on September
The dealers actually have no clue and have been waiting for Mahindra to start billing for RWD. On my last weekly follow up, they mentioned that they are expecting the billing to start today after constant pressure they have been putting on Mahindra. But again Mahindra does what it wants with no concern of their disgruntled customers.
shank_revzilla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 13:55   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorTheThar View Post
Gentlemen,

My 1000km check-up is booked for next week. Would it be advisable to get my engine oil changed, regardless of Mahindra saying it's not required?
I come from the old school, so I went ahead and changed the oil.
madbullram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 15:03   #306
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorTheThar View Post
Gentlemen,

Mahindra oil is cheap.
Change it.
Its good for the vehicle.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 13:35   #307
BHPian

Any feedback on AC performance during summers now?

Esp for rear seat passengers?
Old 22nd April 2023, 13:45   #308
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyengineer View Post

Drove to Hyderabad and back last weekend. Feb2021 Thar. Never refilled the AC R134a Freon Gas till now.One person in the rear seat. No problem at all. Fan blower is strong. A bit noisy though. AC Cooling effect is excellent.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 18:43   #309
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

My Thar is RWD Diesel. Erode was 109 f today. I drove to Coimbatore and back between 2 and 6 in the afternoon. The cabin was absolutely cool. Of course we were only two in the vehicle and as Shankar said, the blower is a bit noisy.
rajeevsulu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 23:52   #310

Hi All,

It seems I will finally get my car delivered this week. Is there anything particular I should check while doing PDI or a general check would suffice?

I had booked the Diesel variant on 10th Jan.
Old 23rd April 2023, 04:18   #311
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mornian View Post
Hi All,

It seems I will finally get my car delivered this week. Is there anything particular I should check while doing PDI or a general check would suffice?

I had booked the Diesel variant on 10th Jan.
Congratulations. There is an exhaustive pdi checklist available here. I am attatching it as a pdf document here. It is a Team BJP exhaustive checklist. Use it to your benefit as many have.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Team-BHP PDI Checklist.pdf (431.7 KB, 165 views)
rajeevsulu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 13:19   #312
BANNED

This video is from Autocar. It feels like an advertorial.
But the substance is honest.
I think this is the exact buyer persona profile of the Thar RWD 2WD.
Had I been at the age group depicted, this would surely have been in the consideration set as the ‘first car’ on account of budget as well as capability and utility value.
In my view, this is definitely going to open up this segment big time.

shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 17:54   #313
BHPian

Quote:

Talking about 2.2 and the AC is so chilling even at fan/blower speed 1 in red hot Chennai and after a while we keep the cooling at the end of green in the cooler dial. In the night it's too chilling even at fan speed 1 and i keep it in almost at the biginning of the red (warmer) . This is a typical Mahindra aircon set up and cools ruthlessly. They need to dial it down and control it a bit better. Also the fan speed 1 and 2 is too different as 2's fan noise is like 3 in other vehicles. Baseline: Don't even worry about lack of cooling. I assume the unit in 2.2 should be same in 1.5 liter.
sgmuser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 22:00   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
This video is from Autocar. It feels like an advertorial.
But the substance is honest.
I think this is the exact buyer persona profile of the Thar RWD 2WD.
Had I been at the age group depicted, this would surely have been in the consideration set as the ‘first car’ on account of budget as well as capability and utility value.
In my view, this is definitely going to open up this segment big time.

https://Youtu.be/i0qM5zVq0_E
5000 Thars sold in march 2023 speaks volumes. Almost the same number for XUV 300 and XUV 700. Scorpio and their best seller Bolero at 9k with Bolero leading the pack as always
Urorobo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 12:05   #315
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Completed 1st service/inspection an hour ago. Took all about 1 hour for inspection, car wash and reverse camera software upgrade.

So my THAR completed 1000kms yesterday. Most of my driving has been in the city. I did do a Mysore trip in between. Still getting used to the bouncy/boaty suspension. I'll probably drive a few thousand kms more to check if it merits a suspension upgrade like most THAR owners have done. It's been a very interesting experience so far. It definitely is an attention magnet.
JVH is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks