Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2023, 19:14   #316
BANNED

Re: Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review

Fellow 1.5 Owners -

Taking my vehicle for the 1st service this weekend, would appreciate if someone may call out the activities carried out, if I intend to carry out an oil change, what would be pricing on it and the grade of engine oil being used.

Thanks much.
Old 4th May 2023, 00:36   #317

Some BHP-ians had posted this hack to track the status of bookings. Can someone help me out here?

I have been on the edge ever since M&M told me that my delivery date is gonna be 6/24. Its been giving me sleepless nights and my dream of owning a Thar fading away.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-screenshot-20230504-003331.png  

Old 4th May 2023, 07:50   #318
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Fellow 1.5 Owners -

Taking my vehicle for the 1st service this weekend, would appreciate if someone may call out the activities carried out, if I intend to carry out an oil change, what would be pricing on it and the grade of engine oil being used.

Thanks much.
There isn't much to carry out actually. Just a simple inspection, car wash and fluid top ups. They will inspect the vehicle mechanically as well and will pay attention and check on anything you point out - noise, rattles...etc.

I didn't get the oil changed. Will get it changed around 4-5K kms.

Shouldn't take more than an hour to get everything done. My reverse camera needed a fix and I got it done during the 1st service itself which was also fixed within the hour.
JVH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 10:21   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shank_revzilla View Post
Some BHP-ians had posted this hack to track the status of bookings. Can someone help me out here?

I have been on the edge ever since M&M told me that my delivery date is gonna be 6/24. Its been giving me sleepless nights and my dream of owning a Thar fading away.
This hack is no longer working shank_revzilla. When some YouTuber asked Mahindra why Tracking is not working for Thar bookings, they responded that due to some technical issues. If you have a long waiting time for your booking, I suggest you to write an email to Mahindra support team (and your dealership), Take written confirmation of Price protection if you are eligible.
Old 4th May 2023, 18:39   #320
BHPian

Hello Friends.

I took delivery of my 1.5D RWD variant earlier this week.
Initial impressions are that its a heavy vehical and maneuvering around in heavy traffic is not easy.
I have already done 500 km thanks to the highway driving of 250 kms as the vehicle was picked from Agra dealer and I had to drive it back to Delhi.

On road cost for this was 14.05L including 2 years extended warranty.

Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 19:09   #321

Hi Uneet, could you please give me a cost breakup of your Thar? I have been given a quotation of 15.02 L and I’m trying to see where I can reduce the cost.
Old 4th May 2023, 19:28   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiri_19 View Post
Hi Uneet, could you please give me a cost breakup of your Thar? I have been given a quotation of 15.02 L and I’m trying to see where I can reduce the cost.
Pls share the cost breakup that has been given by your dealer.
The main difference can be in the insurance only.
In my case Insurance charge was 36k, EW was 29617, and no accessories and the rest were the normal costs.
uneet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 11:40   #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneet View Post
Pls share the cost breakup that has been given by your dealer.
The main difference can be in the insurance only.
In my case Insurance charge was 36k, EW was 29617, and no accessories and the rest were the normal costs.
Quotation says 88500 insurance, 15579 EW, and 30k accessories
Old 5th May 2023, 12:35   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiri_19 View Post
Quotation says 88500 insurance, 15579 EW, and 30k accessories
Pls see the bifurcation below:

Cost -- 1204500
TCS -- 12045
Insurance - 36000
RTO -- 122050 (It may vary in your state)
Fastag -300
Frame - 300
EW -- 29617 (5 years)

Total -- 1404812/-

Hope it helps. You can always insist your dealer that you will take insurance from some other agent outside dealership. This will help you to get a better deal. Insurance cost is not ore than what i have paid.
uneet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 21:58   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneet View Post
Pls see the bifurcation below:

Cost -- 1204500
TCS -- 12045
Insurance - 36000
RTO -- 122050 (It may vary in your state)
Fastag -300
Frame - 300
EW -- 29617 (5 years)

Total -- 1404812/-

Hope it helps. You can always insist your dealer that you will take insurance from some other agent outside dealership. This will help you to get a better deal. Insurance cost is not ore than what i have paid.
Congratulations Uneet. Didn't you get discount on ex-showroom price for price protection? Or your booking is not in first 50k?
Old 6th May 2023, 09:11   #326
BHPian

There's a 2WD Thar from Coimbatore already on sale in the classifieds section!
kesh4munni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 12:03   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snallagatla View Post
Congratulations Uneet. Didn't you get discount on ex-showroom price for price protection? Or your booking is not in first 50k?
Thank you so much.

The price protection was for the first 10k bookings and mine was booked on 17 January so I was not eligible for price protection as the total bookings had already crossed 10k by that time.
Old 6th May 2023, 12:06   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesh4munni View Post
There's a 2WD Thar from Coimbatore already on sale in the classifieds section!
I could also find a couple of options in Delhi OLX as well but the owners were trying to charge a premium for it and are asking around 15.50L for the diesel option.
Old 10th May 2023, 12:43   #329
BHPian

A note on insurance.
Wanted to post this after my delivery, but got really caught up with work.

M&M will quote 88.5k as insurance.
However, i was able to get zero depreciation, bumper to bumper, for the same IDV at 55k with external vendors.
I was planning to go ahead with HDFC Ergo as i have a relationship with HDFC.
As you notice, this is a huge rip off from the dealerships.
I had informed my SA in PPS Mahindra Lavelle Road that i wasn't interested in their insurance and i would take it up externally.
They came back to me saying they'll match the price and i should go ahead with them.
At that point i didn't have any issues and shared the quote i had received.
I kept following up for a few days for a copy of the insurance and they didn't provide it.
On the day of the registration (one day before delivery), the manager called and said insurance is not done as model isn't showing up, and i only have the option of GoDigit. Not very convinced of the brand, i declined and said I'll still get my own if they have a problem. The dude got a little rude and said he can't get the vehicle registered and delivered the next day.
I kinda lost it and gave him a piece of my mind. Then the sales manager called back, apologized and promised to get it done.
Next day when i went to pick up the vehicle (which was delayed by 4 hours), i was told the insurance was about 68-69k and has already been paid.
I was shocked, said i wouldn't pay a penny more than the quote i had provided, as the insurance they provided was exactly the same - cover, IDV and even from the same company HDFC Ergo.
They wouldn't release the vehicle and i wasn't going to pay.
I asked the manager to give me a justification on why i should pay more when i had a quote for the exact same cover at a lower cost, and was going to get it on my own, but they forced me to go ahead with them.
After an hour of discussion, they agreed to let me go saying they'll figure something out and they 'understand'.
Later that night, i received a payment confirmation from razorpay.
On checking with the SA, he said he had to pay the difference from his pocket.
I don't know if this was a ploy to send me the confirmation as a guilt trip, or he really had to pay, i just g-pay'd the money to him.

Moral of the story, don't take insurance from the dealership, and don't get conned into any of their assurances.
You can get the same coverage at least 40% lesser cost outside.
(And maybe avoid PPS Mahindra Lavelle Road)
P72NX is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 17:20   #330
BHPian

I paid 25 for my RWD D from Policy Bazaar

Did it while waiting for delivery in front of the sales guy . 55 k is steep imho and i have everything IDV , zero dep , consumables etc and by mistake took RSA so paid a couple extra there too as I thought RSA was not given by MnM.

Can anyone tell me which engine oil for RWD Diesel ? I have done 5 k kms and thinking of getting an oil change , just need the specs 15/40 or something else .

Always got mineral oil for my duster and never synthetic let me know good people of TBHP

Last edited by Urorobo : 10th May 2023 at 17:23.
Urorobo is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks