Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2023, 19:28   #211
BANNED

Re: Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review

Can someone please help me toggle to check the DEF levels menu, have been trying hard but to no avail.

Thanks much.
Old 16th March 2023, 20:05   #212
BHPian

I've received a call from my dealer PPS, Bangalore yesterday and invited me for an off-roading event at Dasanahalli, near Bangalore. They are organizing this event for all owners who booked Thar(including RWD). If anyone has attended earlier events, please share your experience. Looking forward to meet other potential owners at the event on Saturday(18-Mar-2023).
Old 16th March 2023, 21:33   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snallagatla View Post
I've received a call from my dealer PPS, Bangalore yesterday and invited me for an off-roading event at Dasanahalli, near Bangalore. They are organizing this event for all owners who booked Thar(including RWD). If anyone has attended earlier events, please share your experience. Looking forward to meet other potential owners at the event on Saturday(18-Mar-2023).
I got a call from my Pune dealer in Feb. They called on a Wednesday saying the event was on Sunday and if I was interested in attending and would share all the details by Friday. Followed up with them till saturday evening but they never sent the details to attend the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Can someone please help me toggle to check the DEF levels menu, have been trying hard but to no avail.

Thanks much.
Its in the fuel info section. AFE -> DTE -> DEF level %
nish6474 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 18:17   #214
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I took delivery of my RWD Diesel Thar (Redrage) today. I had informed my sales advisor that I wanted to take delivery between 12:00 and 1:00 pm as I had surgery scheduled from 1:30 onwards. All the papers were ready and after finishing the paperwork and paying for the few accessories that I had selected beforehand, a small puja was performed by the showroom staff and I was out of the showroom in 30 minutes flat. Mahindra gives you a 7 litre diesel coupon to be used up at the pump next door, a goodies box with manual, a key chain, a coffee mug and a leather document folder. Pretty efficient setup which gets the work done. The accessories that I got fixed were, mudflaps, steering cover, mats and scuff plate. Cost incurred Rs. 8200.I also took RSA for 5 years and 4 th year extended warranty or shield warranty as Mahindra would like to call it. So the wait is over and fun times beginbegin
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-img_20230317_122606.jpg  

Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-img_20230317_122423.jpg  

rajeevsulu is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 13:15   #215
BHPian

One small addition, apologies for posting consecutive posts, I know I cannot edit my post after 30 minutes. My car is BS 6.2 and my dealer says all RWD thars delivered by them in Coimbatore, Erode and Tiruppur (9 of them) have been BS 6.2.So I got my BS 6.2 Thar with price protection and also road tax calculated for old price as my time of invoicing was such. 300 kms in 1 1/2 times and i am grinning.

Last edited by rajeevsulu : 18th March 2023 at 13:16. Reason: Adding content
rajeevsulu is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 14:27   #216
BHPian

Is there any known time frames for shipping/delivery from the time the vehicle is in production?
Spoke to customer care (again), and they said it is ín production and "i should receive good news very shortly and delivery is still confirmed for March"
Considering it to be the 18, and PPS still has no clue, i am sorta wondering on the time lines.

Last edited by P72NX : 18th March 2023 at 14:36.
Old 18th March 2023, 19:15   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
My car is BS 6.2 and my dealer says all RWD thars delivered by them in Coimbatore, Erode and Tiruppur (9 of them) have been BS 6.2.So I got my BS 6.2 Thar with price protection and also road tax calculated for old price as my time of invoicing was such. 300 kms in 1 1/2 times and i am grinning.
Wow, that's good to know rajeesvsulu. Congratulations on your new ride and thanks for sharing this info. Happy revving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P72NX View Post
Spoke to customer care (again), and they said it is ín production and "i should receive good news very shortly and delivery is still confirmed for March"
Considering it to be the 18, and PPS still has no clue, i am sorta wondering on the time lines.
Congratulations P72NX. Its difficult to predict the timelines but once the vehicle is shipped from factory, Registration formalities will start in a week time. Which PPS dealer, you are talking to? My dealer is PPS, Indiranagar and they have been responding positively so far.
snallagatla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 20:57   #218
BHPian

Quote:
I received a call from PPS Lavelle Road yesterday night. The location was shared pro-actively over WhatsApp early this morning. It was conducted at a place off Magadi road. There were NO RWD Thars- Only 4X4 ones.

It is a privately owned space; a loop of about 1km with all kinds of terrain that you'd expect to conquer in a 4WD Thar. For a first timer like me, it was an exhilarating experience to drive the diesel automatic on various obstacles including deep water crossings, extremely inclined slopes etc.

The 4X4 sales have apparently drastically fallen after the introduction of the RWD and I feel this one of a kind experience would sway a lot of RWD buyers to switch over to the 4X4 helping Mahindra regain lost ground.

Some basic amenities such as restrooms for women, refreshments were missing. Some dealers were also jumping the queue to get the same customer to try out multiple variants (AT, manual etc) making the wait times excruciatingly long for people waiting in line.

There were four dealers that set up their stalls with their respective sales representatives - PPS, Anant Cars, Sireesh Auto and India Garage. Every person that participated in this event received a small hamper that consisted of a micro fiber towel, a Mahindra keychain and a magnet.

All in all, I felt it was a unique event that could've been managed better.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-img20230318161223.jpg  

Last edited by kesh4munni : 18th March 2023 at 21:09. Reason: Reworded some sentences
kesh4munni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 22:17   #219
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations P72NX. Its difficult to predict the timelines but once the vehicle is shipped from factory, Registration formalities will start in a week time. Which PPS dealer, you are talking to? My dealer is PPS, Indiranagar and they have been responding positively so far.
Lavelle Road PPS.
Seems like they genuinely have no idea yet.
P72NX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 13:36   #220
BHPian

My SA in Pune is saying that vehicle has arrived but PDI is not allowed as per company rules. Isn’t that strange?

Last edited by IB290 : 19th March 2023 at 13:38.
Old 19th March 2023, 13:39   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB290 View Post
My SA in Pune is saying that vehicle has arrived but PDI is not allowed as per company rules. Isn’t that strange?
It is strange. I did the PDI though I had to go to their depot which is 90 kms away.
rajeevsulu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 15:36   #222

Quote:
Same with me. Found it weird. Spoke to the Area Sales, and he said that if I insist, PDI will be arranged in 7-8 days. Alternatively, to speed up the delivery process, they'll send out an email confirming that if anything is found at the time of delivery, the dealership is responsible.

The whole situation seems rather dicey.

I might go the second route, considering the vehemence with which they insisted I forgot the PDI. Still, doesn't feel right though.
ThorTheThar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 16:18   #223
BHPian

Quote:
They are just trying to avoid workload and you can consider below 2 options

1. Ask SA to give you that in writing and you will then confirm with customer care. They should budge or you can take it up customer care. The PDI will happen and Mahindra also wants potential customers to do the same
2. If you want to avoid the above, work with the dealer saying that you will pay 2L and the rest (including loan disbursal) will be after PDI. Most dealers are OK with the same

Good luck with your purchase and wishing you many safe miles
atluri_rkc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 17:48   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
They are just trying to avoid workload and you can consider below 2 options

1. Ask SA to give you that in writing and you will then confirm with customer care. They should budge or you can take it up customer care. The PDI will happen and Mahindra also wants potential customers to do the same
2. If you want to avoid the above, work with the dealer saying that you will pay 2L and the rest (including loan disbursal) will be after PDI. Most dealers are OK with the same

Good luck with your purchase and wishing you many safe miles
One thing with Mahindra, their customer care is very pro active. One email saying something is not right, and, you will be showered with a lot of attention. Just ask the SA whether you could confirm with customer care and see how he takes care of you. I sent a message to customer care that dealer was not sharing information with me and nest day deputy manager was on the phone with me
Old 19th March 2023, 19:20   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesh4munni View Post
There were NO RWD Thars- Only 4X4 ones.
I was told by Executive that RWDs would also be available for off-roading.

Thanks for sharing the details kesh4munni. I couldn't visit the fest yesterday due to some personal emergency. But received another call yesterday if I could visit their PPS showroom, Indiranagar on Sunday to share some gift coupons for the people who couldn't join them on Saturday. When I called her today, She says Off-roading fest was already over yesterday. Thank you for ruining my hard earned weekend.

I have also spoken to my sales advisor when I visited the showroom today. He still says the standard template response, will check and update delivery status.
snallagatla is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed