Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2023, 00:15   #181
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
That's almost 50% less compared to what dealer is charging.
What add on covers did you opt for with acko?
Zero Dep
Consumables
Personal Accident cover
Engine protect
Return to Invoice
Key protect/ replacement
24x7 roadside assistance
FAIAAA is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 19:21   #182
Senior - BHPian

ESC finally standard on new Verna.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-fvmjvnamaiq4p4.jpeg
ron178 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 00:40   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxton07 View Post
What the hell did I see? Does the Verna corners so well that it outruns the competition? Discussions ON D
One probable reason could be the low ground clearance of the new verna. I’ve test driven all three cars(virtus, city and verna) and own the Virtus GT. Planning to buy verna turbo mt as a second family car. So my words are from a neutral standpoint and hands down Virtus is the superior handler. But the new verna is no slouch either, it was able to hold its own when I took it around corners. My daily driver was the 2013 Hyundai i20 which had one of the softest steering’s and suspension setups in the market then. So I’m used to driving with soft setups and all one needs is to get adjusted to extract the maximum from the new verna.

Cheers!

Last edited by true_sedan : 10th May 2023 at 00:51. Reason: Upd
true_sedan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 06:45   #184
Senior - BHPian

Autocar comparison is out too.
Not much different from other reviews or Team BHP.

Old 10th May 2023, 07:08   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikerK View Post
Congrats on your new ride Grand Tourer.

Want to negotiate on the insurance to get the best deal. Can you please provide the details of the insurance deal you got? . Thanks!
Sorry, been away at work so wasnt following the thread much.

I got a the Hyundai insurance for around 72k. It came with everything that other insurance companies offer such as 0 dep, return to invoice, loss of key, etc. I would suggest to get a quote from the insurance biggies outside with all the bells and whistles and then use the same to negotiate. Check with the showroom who they are also tied up with (normally 3 to 4 insurers) and get their quotes too.

The showroom will try their best to match it unless they don't want to. It may be around 5 to 6k more with Hyundai but then I went ahead with them since it was close plus peace of mind. Also look for the option with multiple claims. For eg, Tata aig gives it for really cheap but only 2 claims per year it seems. While I don't see this being an issue, we can never predict

Acko and Digit were much cheaper but I avoided them (my personal opinion) due to a mixed bag of reactions and stories

Also, if you had a previous car and sold within 3 years, you can use the NCB Transfer letter to reduce the amount depending on the NCB.
Grand Tourer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 12:54   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Tourer View Post

The showroom will try their best to match it unless they don't want to.
So, while being quoted 72K plus minus, it finally settled at 68K. Hyundai gave me a choice of Insurers, I chose Future Generali due to their market rep. The 68K includes all the listed stuff for three years, except zero dep which is for one year, so on the next two occasions (years) I would need to pay only for that component.
Old 10th May 2023, 15:30   #187
BHPian

I have just booked the Turbo DCT in Silver. Was wondering if Shield of Trust package is recommended for my model? Are the 3D mats provided by the dealer any good and available in black? Attaching price list for Pune.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VERNA PRICELIST 23 MARCH 2023.pdf (226.3 KB, 161 views)

Last edited by aypatel : 10th May 2023 at 15:39.
Old 10th May 2023, 22:02   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivprasad View Post
So, while being quoted 72K plus minus, it finally settled at 68K. Hyundai gave me a choice of Insurers, I chose Future Generali due to their market rep. The 68K includes all the listed stuff for three years, except zero dep which is for one year, so on the next two occasions (years) I would need to pay only for that component.
I doubt the own insurance is for 3 years for 68k, Third party insurance is usually for three years not comprehensive/zero dep, all the addons that you listed above are part of own insurance, so must be for 1 year at this price point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aypatel View Post
I have just booked the Turbo DCT in Silver. Was wondering if Shield of Trust package is recommended for my model? Are the 3D mats provided by the dealer any good and available in black? Attaching price list for Pune.
They do come in black, but i haven't been able to get my hands on them, waiting for them to be made available otherwise will go with 3rd party. I had seen them at the time of booking a month back, they seemed decent quality.

Quick question to MT owners, how does the hill assist work? I am under the impressions that it should work on slight slopes also, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The car starts rolling backward on upward slopes as soon as i leave the brake and start engaging the gear. Note that all my ADAS features are disabled.

Last edited by BudgetFailure : 10th May 2023 at 22:06. Reason: merged subsequent post.
Old 10th May 2023, 23:58   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetFailure View Post
Quick question to MT owners, how does the hill assist work? I am under the impressions that it should work on slight slopes also, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The car starts rolling backward on upward slopes as soon as i leave the brake and start engaging the gear. Note that all my ADAS features are disabled.
I have not disabled any ADAS features, as I am getting used to them. The one instance where I felt the hill assist work was while entering a hotel with a very gradual slope. The car did not slide back initially for a very brief period, then did so. The user manual says that the sliding back will be held for 2 secs, and not more. i guess that is why it began sliding backwards after a very short stop. The 2 secs is clearly to give the MT users just enough time to quickly move into a forward gear and begin to accelerate on slopes! Frankly, 3 to 5 secs would have been more welcome!
vivprasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 00:05   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Yet to come across its functioning over small slopes. But I recently ventured on taking the vehicle to Tirupati and to answer your query, it works. It holds the vehicle like how we would hold the handbrake before getting the momentum.

Its been over two weeks since delivery and the ODO now stands at 2500km. The only grouse thing which I found in this almost perfect car is its diesel-like long pedal clutch. I absolutely hate it as this was not expected from a petrol vehicle. Even my buddy's 2018 Verna diesel has short pedal travel to operate. Get the MT variant, only if you have runabouts over expressways/highways. Nevertheless, having a great time with this sweet yet edgy machine.

Parting away with few picturesque from our recent trip:

Reporting from the base of Tirumala
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-whatsapp-image-20230510-11.50.04-pm.jpeg

You could imagine the FUN I had throughout uphill
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-whatsapp-image-20230510-11.49.54-pm.jpeg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-whatsapp-image-20230510-11.39.51-pm.jpeg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-whatsapp-image-20230510-11.52.15-pm.jpeg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-whatsapp-image-20230510-11.27.48-pm.jpeg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-whatsapp-image-20230510-11.27.44-pm.jpeg

Last edited by Maxton07 : 11th May 2023 at 00:09.
Maxton07 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 00:43   #191
BHPian

Haven't been able to drive much lately, but planning to take it for a short Pondicherry trip from bangalore this weekend, will get to see how it performs on highways!

Quote:
Does the sport mode seem to have any noticeable effect on driving experience apart from slight tightening of steering in MT?
Old 11th May 2023, 08:53   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Does the sport mode seem to have any noticeable effect on driving experience apart from slight tightening of steering in MT?
Yes, it does sharpen the throttle response which makes the engine eager for quicker acceleration. Its very addictive once you get a hold on it over ghats/ twisties.

BTW, do you own the turbo MT variant? If yes, pls let me know your views on the clutch.
Old 11th May 2023, 10:53   #193
BHPian

Can anyone share some feedback on the mileage from the Turbo owners please? Both MT and DCT.

I'm still on my first tank of fuel since delivery so am unable to ascertain the mileage. I don't normally believe the MID mentioned one as most times it's far from the truth
Grand Tourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 11:03   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Yet to come across its functioning over small slopes. But I recently ventured on taking the vehicle to Tirupati and to answer your query, it works. It holds the vehicle like how we would hold the handbrake before getting the momentum. The only grouse thing which I found in this almost perfect car is its diesel-like long pedal clutch.
Looks great. That brown really stands out. Given the rarity of the car, it's still a head turner when I drive around. People think it's a sports car.

This is from a recent drive to Sree Saravana Bhavan in Krishnagiri. Stellar performance on the highway with a mix of 80% eco/comfort and 20% sports to get out of sticky situations
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-20230506_133717.jpg  

Last edited by Grand Tourer : 11th May 2023 at 11:04. Reason: Typo correction
Grand Tourer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 11:04   #195
BHPian

Quote:
What the hell did I see? Does the Verna corners so well that it outruns the competition? Discussions ON D

Watch from 1.00 minute
https://Youtu.be/cSJ8mfgNSQs
On the face of it, their videos are fun to watch and innovative.

However, they won't be able to simulate exact same driving situation with all the cars. For example, one could induce a slide early on to get into the curve and straighten out, as it seem to have happened for Verna. I am not saying they did it deliberately. All I am saying is that a human won't be able to do replicate exact same behaviour.

Secondly, I'm not sure ESP will induce rear end losing grip to achieve directional correctness. ESP is merely reacting to the wheels behaviour and can't predict how far the rear will slide once the slide begins- that part depends on the road surface and tyre. To me, that comments looks like a random jargon dump. Experts can advice in this regard.
WhiteKnight is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks