Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2023, 09:16   #211
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetFailure View Post

One thing that Hyundai could have done better was to have separate options for Warning and Control. Right now if you disable one, like blind spot safety warning and control option , it also disables the warning. There is no way to just prevent the ADAS from intruding and keep the warnings in place.
Oh I remember checking this during my test drive and remember seeing an option to disable them independently. Maybe I saw it wrong. That is definitely needed. Some of us only want the warning and not the action.
Old 16th May 2023, 12:35   #212
BHPian

Hello everyone!!!!!

Test drove the New Verna 1.5 Turbo DCT the other day and IMHO I was disappointed with the entire package.

The Engine+Gearbox combination was just mediocre, considering Slavia/Virtus as a benchmark which I also drove recently and found the performance to be ballistic!!!!!
Dynamics of the New Verna didn't leave a lasting impression and left me disappointed from what I expected with the on-paper specifications of the Turbo GDI.

Handling of the New Verna is a completely different fiasco altogether. The suspension setup was not confidence inspiring and the car was getting unsettled by the undulations on the road (minor depressions left by trucks on the tarmac). Again a big negative when compared to the VAG twins which feel like a train on tracks when it comes to the Handling department.

And then the final nail in the coffin for me was that when we returned to the showroom after the test drive I noticed that there was prominent blue smoke coming from the exhaust. This was after maybe 10 mins of spirited driving and that too I didn't take it past 4000 RPM as the car only had 150 KMS on the ODO.
This made me a bit wary of the reliability of this new 1.5 Turbo engine. I mean I do expect a bit of oil consumption from the modern Turbo engines, even the VAG TSI are known to eat up a bit of oil between service intervals but completely blue smoke from the tail pipe is not normal according to me.

Just giving my two cents. Thanks.

Last edited by thatfastdude19 : 16th May 2023 at 12:41. Reason: Typo
thatfastdude19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 11:03   #213

Hi All,
Does anyone know what is the actual waiting period for SX(O) IVT STARRY NIGHT colour?
Its been over 2 months that I have booked this version and colour in 2 different dealers. Both of them are saying that this colour is not getting allocated to them. I am not sure how long I should continue to wait.
I have been given options of WHITE, RED, BLACK and GREY almost every week.

Wondering why STARRY NIGHT is not produced by Hyundai.

Please let me know your thoughts and ideas, will help me if I have to continue to wait? or prefer other colours like WHITE or RED.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
A

Last edited by amit.ga : 17th May 2023 at 11:19.
amit.ga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 11:55   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.ga View Post
Hi All,
Does anyone know what is the actual waiting period for SX(O) IVT STARRY NIGHT colour?

...or prefer other colours like WHITE or RED.
It's difficult to tell the actual waiting period on the cars, especially the newly launched - it could be genuine or it could be a deliberate delay from the dealer (to give priority to friends, family, people with connections or whoever is ready to pay money to get insurance and accessories from them).

On the colors, personally I'd stick to a dark shade on this car. On Verna, the black vents somehow look an eyesore to me on the White color.
The Red is bold. You might like it for initial few months, but may not age well.

If you are planning to keep car for many years, then I suggest you to wait for a few weeks and get a color that you like (Starry Night/Black/Grey), rather than getting a car now in a color that you're not sure about.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 16:04   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
A
I can understand the feeling as I had the same in 2021 when I booked the Alcazar signature AT (coincidentally Starry night) and this particular dealer kept giving me ridiculous stories even after 7 months of waiting. Finally I canceled it out of frustration. I had visited another (2nd) dealer who said they can give me the car in few days as they had stock or if they didn't, can get it in a couple of months. Since I'd changed my mind (and it was good I did), I didn't go for the Alcazar at all. This year, I went to the 2nd dealer and booked the Verna DCT SXO. They told me 22 weeks but will reduce. They managed to get it for me in much lesser time.

Doing a bit of small talk, the SA told me that Hyundai is giving more preference to younger dealers (not sure how far it true so can't vouch for it) but I can say, being with my first Hyundai dealer for almost 11 years (most of my cars were/are Hyundais) I can say, even the attitude and process with regular updates of the newer dealers are far better compared to the older ones. So how the dealer manages the delivery timeline of the customer also plays a part.

Starry Night is a trendy color so it commands a longer waiting period. If you are planning to keep the car for long, I'd suggest to wait little longer. I can understand frustrations play up when you don't get updates, see others getting their vehicles etc.

Since you are already working with 2 dealers, i won't suggest to check with a few other dealers but you can try. Only ensure you get it in writing that if you cancel, they have to issue 100% refund.

If you have a secondary preference, see if you can go ahead with that. As MyLife_MyCar mentioned, red is nice for a couple of years but will not age well.

DM me incase you need any info

Thx, J
Grand Tourer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 19:45   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
Its been over 2 months that I have booked this version and colour in 2 different dealers. Both of them are saying that this colour is not getting allocated to them. I am not sure how long I should continue to wait.
I have been given options of WHITE, RED, BLACK and GREY almost every week.
A
Hi, I was keen on the same color (Starry Night) for SX DCT and kept following up with multiple dealers across cities , till I found one with a dealer. Bottom line - I don't book in advance and keep checking for specific trim /color with dealers till I find what I am looking for. And this strategy has worked , atleast for me , for all so-called "high waiting period" cars - Thar, XUV700, Verna (had the option for the 1st two, backed out for other reasons and finally went with Verna ). How does it work? Dealer has stock but faces 1) last min cancellation or 2) allotted buyer needs more time to arrange finances or has later date in mind, and so on. In such cases, dealer wouldn't want to sit on something that can move immediately off the shelf. Let me know if that helps.

Last edited by FAIAAA : 17th May 2023 at 19:46. Reason: Additional text
FAIAAA is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 08:30   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
If you are planning to keep car for many years, then I suggest you to wait for a few weeks and get a color that you like (Starry Night/Black/Grey), rather than getting a car now in a color that you're not sure about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Tourer View Post
Starry Night is a trendy color so it commands a longer waiting period. If you are planning to keep the car for long, I'd suggest to wait little longer. I can understand frustrations play up when you don't get updates, see others getting their vehicles etc.
Thx, J
Your feedback helped me to stay strong on my decision and wait for STARRY NIGHT color.
I will stay with only 2 bookings. No more bookings. Although both dealers did mention that there is a full refund against cancellation.
Thank you for providing your opinion.
Old 19th May 2023, 13:25   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
Yes, it's recommended to switch to N if your car is going to be still for longer periods.

Auto hold is helpful on inclines and holds the vehicle from rolling back.
This may not be needed on the Verna. When you have auto engine on/off, the engine switches off when you come to a standstill with the gear on D. At this point if you move the gear to N, the engine switches on again. I am guessing that since the engine switches off on D, then the clutch is not engaged and hence it should not be a problem for the DCT gearbox.
Old 20th May 2023, 14:25   #219
BHPian

Dear Owners

I took the car out for a drive through the city to the airport and back. I'm not sure if it's only me but I felt that the LED headlights are not adequate

Is anyone else experiencing the same? Thanks in advance for the inputs

J
Grand Tourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 23:38   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Owners

I took the car out for a drive through the city to the airport and back. I'm not sure if it's only me but I felt that the LED headlights are not adequate

J
Agree. I did a ~2600 km cross country trip and encountered the same. What options do we have ?
Old 21st May 2023, 02:34   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Owners

J
I concur, The headlights are just about alright. Out of the cars I've driven its on par with the 4th Gen Honda City but definitely better than the Kia Seltos.
Old 21st May 2023, 11:27   #222
BHPian

Quote:
I felt that the LED headlights are not adequate
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIAAA View Post
Agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN07 View Post
I concur, The headlights are just about alright.
What is the definition of poor or inadequate headlights? Is it that one is simply unable see the road properly or is it that one is unable to see the road properly due to blinding headlights of oncoming traffic?

I think it is mostly the latter. Because this is the statement made for most of the cars today, even when official TBHP reviews and other websites/ YouTube channels say otherwise.

I myself have experienced poor road visibility due to headlights of oncoming traffic driven on their high beams, no matter which car I'm driving with whatever headlight setup (talking about regular cars and not Audis, Mercs or BMW league cars). On other hand, I rarely face this issue if oncoming traffic drive on their low beams.

Thus, it is a vicious cycle. People complain about poor quality of headlight. Then, manufacturers provide better lights. Then, people drive with high beams causing poor road visibility. Then, people complain about poor quality of headlight. Hope you got the point.

What could be effective ways to encourage people to be more sensible with their headlights?
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 14:24   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
What is the definition of poor or inadequate headlights? Is it that one is simply unable see the road properly or is it that one is unable to see the road properly due to blinding headlights of oncoming traffic?

Thus, it is a vicious cycle. People complain about poor quality of headlight. Then, manufacturers provide better lights. Then, people drive with high beams causing poor road visibility. Then, people complain about poor quality of headlight. Hope you got the point.

What could be effective ways to encourage people to be more sensible with their headlights?
You make a valid point. For me, It's actually more of the former. Riders and drivers ethics and etiquettes is a topic for another thread and will have lotta folks ranting given how the person in the opposite lane doesn't bother.

My notion is more to do with brightening up what's ahead of me with the low beam itself. Given how brightly many road are not lit, the headlight in its regular configuration should offer the basics. One may argue that headlights are made as per government regulations and first world country standards. Yes, but provided we have well lit and well marked roads. That will enhance the use of my existing lights. But when that's not there, even I'm forced to use my high beam for my safely which is a hazard for the oncoming party or the person ahead of me. I should also add that the opposite side person may also be having the same difficulty of not being able to see the road (only a very small percentage compared to those to blatantly use the high beam)

To be honest, it's a mixed bag of issues but we have no option but to fix what we have or can control. We can't have much expectations about the other driver on the opposite side or even the municipal to fix the roads or lights. Using lights sensibly is something car reviewers, vloggers and regular people raise awareness about but special characters choose to look in the opposite direction

I agree with what you said, this is a vicious circle but there are additional elements to it also, not drivers alone who don't use their beams correctly . Fortunately the ADAS does some of the work on my side to help the opp driver by dipping the light where possible or me just keeping it on low beam

Hopefully there is a fix either way!

Last edited by Grand Tourer : 21st May 2023 at 14:25. Reason: Typo error
Old 21st May 2023, 17:18   #224
BHPian

Booked the SX(O) DCT in Starry night blue today from Fusion Hyundai at Thirumalgherry

SA Santosh was very helpful and even got us a test drive of the manual 1.5L turbo.

Here are some pictures of the display car in Tellurian Brown:

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-1.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-2.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-5.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-6.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-7.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-4.jpg

Legroom: (I'm 5'10 and the driver's seat is set to my position)

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-8.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-3.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-9.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-10.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-11.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-12.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-13.jpg

Sample shade of the colour:

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-14.jpg
jono213 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 21:42   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono213 View Post
Booked the SX(O) DCT in Starry night blue today from Fusion Hyundai at Thirumalgherry

SA Santosh was very helpful and even got us a test drive of the manual 1.5L turbo.
Congrats on the booking . The Starry night is a lovely stealthy blue color.

Any info on the waiting period?

Thx
J

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks