Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2024, 22:45   #1096
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Actually, driven sanely, the Verna turbo petrol is a decent performer in the fuel efficiency department. On highway, it is actually much better than the other trims!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh207 View Post
True that, I recently did a calm 80kmph cruise for about 30kms in ECR late night, got my personal best of 19.3kmpl.

In the city runs with multiple stop-and-go traffic stretches, I consistently get 11-12kmpl with AC always on Auto-High.
That is true, from all the reports on team bhp, youtube tank to tank tests and even ARAI's data, the turbo petrol when driven sanely is indeed atleast 10% more efficient than the NA one in all conditions, except ofcourse driving them all out.

The primary reasons being the turbo version being based on a newer, more fuel efficient engine family - Kappa as opposed to NA's Gamma engine, although Hyundai has branded all their engines smartstream now, also the turbo benefits from it being a direct injection engine as opposed to MPFI in the NA's version.

(More about the engine's details here - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyun...tstream_engine)

The turbo version is indeed a gem of an engine, a true all rounder.
(Diesels have stopped being in my consideration and this is the next best thing in my books, they were the all rounders in BS4 era but have been hit on one side from regulations of ban in winter months and 10 year rule from one side and BS6 and 6.2 on the other, which have made them a pain for driving shorter routes, requiring frequent attention for clogged filters and running in compromised state for both mileage and power for the time it is clogged and very expensive repair if those systems go wrong when out of warranty, make very little sense to own one today and coming from an outright fan of diesel engines, these are painful words)

Last edited by Rocketscience : 8th June 2024 at 23:12.
Rocketscience is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 23:51   #1097
BHPian

Couldn’t agree more on the efficiency of DCT.

I don’t drive at high speed but I do race quickly whenever possible to achieve that high speed (80-90 on the normal highways; 110-120 on the expressways; 40-60 in the city)

What I have observed is that with DCT I’m able to quickly achieve my speed and then I let the car coast at that speed with occasional accelerator input to maintain it.
Coasting is the phase where I achieve the max mileage from the car, resulting in a decent overall average.
Old 9th June 2024, 13:43   #1098
BHPian

Verna iVT is very efficient for what it is. The 1.5L with iVT can deliver 9 (worst) to 14 (best) kmpl worh AC in city if driven with care. An average of 12 kmpl with AC can be expected from it. However, caning it will drop the efficiency tho. Let the cvt do it's work, cvt are very efficient if driven accordingly. The figures I mentioned is from a family friend who has the same Verna cvt or iVT like Hundai calls them.
Phantom 510 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 17:15   #1099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
The mileage seems shockingly low, especially considering CVTs should be more efficient than manual, our Verna Manual (NA) gives around 9-9.5 in peak traffic, around 11.5-12 in relatively less traffic in Delhi, with 100% AC. I expected CVT to be marginally better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom 510 View Post
Verna iVT is very efficient for what it is. The 1.5L with iVT can deliver 9 (worst) to 14 (best) kmpl worh AC in city if driven with care. An average of 12 kmpl with AC can be expected from it. However, caning it will drop the efficiency tho. Let the cvt do it's work, cvt are very efficient if driven accordingly.
I envy you guys.
My IVT has run barely 500 km till now, entirely in the city with bumper to bumper traffic most of the times, thus the 7-7.5 kmpl avg. Perhaps, it will inch higher as the engine opens up and I myself get used to the dynamics of this machine. The first service is also yet to be done.

Speaking of AC, are you guys also facing weaker cooling in the rear compartment? On the driver's seat I'm usually comfortable at 25-25.5C with blower at 2 or 3, but my rear seat companions always complain of low cooling at these settings.
Verna1507 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 17:21   #1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSCar28 View Post
Congrats on your new machine!!

I believe Michelin is not offering 16 inchers in India. At least I was told so. Continental UC 6 or Yoko blu earth are equally very good. I changed to Conti UC 6 and reduction in road noise is pretty noticeable

For PPF in Gurgaon, I would recommend the Detailing Devil Red Carpet studio. A good quality PPF is a very good investment if you're the kind of person who feels the smallest of scratches on your machine is a stab to your heart.

All the best and enjoy the power this turbo machine can offer!!
Yes even I upgraded my tyres from apollo to continental UC6 with profile of 60 there is so much difference in both the tyres like very less road noise grip etc worth upgrade
Old 9th June 2024, 20:20   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna1507 View Post

Speaking of AC, are you guys also facing weaker cooling in the rear compartment? On the driver's seat I'm usually comfortable at 25-25.5C with blower at 2 or 3, but my rear seat companions always complain of low cooling at these settings.
AC is fantastic, even in 48 degrees peak Delhi weather and black colour car, it cools well, I keep it at 18 degrees.

If Ford EcoSport's AC is 10/10
Chevy Cruze Pre Facelift is 9/10
Creta Gen 1 is 6.5/10
On this scale, Verna is a solid 8/10 in harshest condition cooling.
(Car parked under sun and 48 degrees outside conditions)
Change your settings and no one will complain.
Rocketscience is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2024, 13:42   #1102
BHPian

Hello, Have any of you experienced a constant rattle over bad roads coming from the rear (rear left!?) of the car? I don’t know if it’s the sun blinds or if it’s coming from the door.

I was extremely pleased with the car having zero squeaks or rattles in 20k kilometres and this just came out of nowhere.
TN07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2024, 15:19   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN07 View Post
Hello, Have any of you experienced a constant rattle over bad roads coming from the rear (rear left!?) of the car? I don’t know if it’s the sun blinds or if it’s coming from the door.

I was extremely pleased with the car having zero squeaks or rattles in 20k kilometres and this just came out of nowhere.
A big Y-E-S. I have raised this couple of times in the past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
I, and my passengers, can clearly make out that the sound comes from left side of the car, somewhere behind the seat or the curtain.
Did you do something recently? One of the posts in the past suggested that it might be due to removal of seat covers that might have loosened something behind the seat.

I faced this issue always going on bad patches of road. However, few days ago, I drove over a really bad patch and after that instance I haven't heard that sound.
Negative * Negative = Positive

Just keeping my fingers crossed. Though for past few days I have been driving with ~32 PSI. I'll let you know if the rattling comes back when I fill up the tires to 34-35.

Last edited by MyLife_MyCar : 10th June 2024 at 15:20.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th June 2024, 16:18   #1104
Senior - BHPian

I noticed the minor rattle fom day 2 of my ownership as I had the sear covers removed. I had asked the ASC to diagnose this during the 1st service, but ended up doing an express job since I needed to go to the office, hence the rattle remains unresolved. But it's now inconspicuous in the overall driving experience. The sweet turbo whistle is what I watch out for while accelerating .
fhdowntheline is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 19:42   #1105
Team-BHP Support

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-20240611_173520.jpg

Speaking of milage.
I think it's a very economical car to drive. I don't exactly baby it on the highways and routinely drive at 117 kmph on the Hyderabad ORR.

117 kmph to avoid that annoying beeping noise and to be a little under the speed limit to avoid a ticket.
bblost is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 01:07   #1106
BHPian

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_0831.png

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_0832.png

Observed mileage over a year tank to tank. I would say the car delivers great results, performance, economy, comfort and thrill. It is a complete package.
BudgetFailure is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2024, 08:56   #1107

Checked with Trident Bengaluru with whom I did test Drive

Wait Period for SX Model is 2-2.5 Months

While SX(O) Model can be taken inside a Month.

I'm not a fan of ADAS, how is the experience with ADAS in Verna. Does it interfere with our driving?

Heard someone mentioning it does break automatically sometimes with ADAS.

But is there a way to Permanently Turn-Off ADAS Features like above in Verna?

That's the only reason why I wanted to not go for SX(O) Variant. Price difference is around 1.5 L

And they are giving 50K Discount and other Exchange Benefits.
Old 14th June 2024, 13:01   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyJames View Post
I'm not a fan of ADAS, how is the experience with ADAS in Verna. Does it interfere with our driving?

But is there a way to Permanently Turn-Off ADAS Features like above in Verna?
Yes, you can turn-off ADAS features.

Quote:
Does it interfere with our driving? Heard someone mentioning it does break automatically sometimes with ADAS.
See the below note:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
However, for the sake of future buyers who are wondering if they should go for ADAS, here are few pointers:
  • India may not be ready for ADAS yet, but you sure are!
  • While ADAS may feel intrusive at first, it takes just a few days to get a hang of it (talking specifically for Hyundai as I have not experienced ADAS from other manufacturers). Just think of it as any other new technology that takes some time getting used to.
  • Once you adjust your driving style (which is not a drastic change) as per the ADAS, believe me - it only makes you a better driver. Of course, provided you don't turn off the ADAS features, otherwise it's all just a moot point.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed