Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2023, 01:33   #106

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Tourer View Post
I have seen atleast 2 reviews on YT where it's mentioned that though Android auto and Apple CP are wired at the moment, an OTA update will bring the wireless feature in the future. Is anyone aware of this?
I have read this article too but unsure of the authenticity… nothing official from Hyundai
imranvl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 03:03   #107

Can someone guide me on how to check if a software update is available or not?

Every time I try I get the some check local storage error …. Any tips on this one?
imranvl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 07:52   #108

I think the top end has wireless Android auto and apple carplay.
Also any reviews of the colours ? Would tellurian brown be hard to maintain ?
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-ace19f11e9f74afcb352fd5ebc51b54e.jpeg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-812aa6348d744e3298305832029bbf76.jpeg
CripplingLeo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 09:21   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CripplingLeo View Post
I think the top end has wireless Android auto and apple carplay.
Also any reviews of the colours ? Would tellurian brown be hard to maintain ?
Typically, more darker the color, it's harder to maintain. That said, my all black Ecosport hides dust excellently when viewed from far. On closer inspection only one can identify layers of dust on the car!

For the brown color, dust should not be a bother.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 14:25   #110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
... Thinking of getting one of those steering knobs just to tell the top and bottom parts of the steering wheel apart...
It would be safer, and look far better too, to add an aftermarket steering top marker.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 14:58   #111
BHPian

I did the TD of Turbo DCT variant, but I couldn't understand how Adaptive Cruise Control works in this car. It's not easy as it was in Tucson and not intuitive as Astor. The SA couldn't help much either.

You can set ACC at 40kmph in Astor which helps in driving inside the city too, whereas in Verna, the min speed limit is 60kmph. While in ACC mode, the Verna sometimes didn't stop if there was a stationary car before or when a tempo came perpendicular from my right. I had to apply brakes. Once disengaged in a signal stop, there was a message shown to press accelerator pedal to re-engage ADAS, but even after doing that, the car never switched to ACC (Tucson worked correctly in this case).

In another instance, the ACC icon showed on the MID at 30kmph, but even after I increased the speed to 50kmph, the car didn't increase it's speed on open road.

I felt the Astor's ACC was more easy to use and more predictable than Verna.

Last edited by gopalnt : 11th April 2023 at 15:00. Reason: Content correction
gopalnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 15:35   #112

I did not experience this car yet from the driving perspective but saw it twice here on Hyderabad roads. I think those were the first batch of the new verna delivered in the city. Look wise I can say, people will get bored of it pretty soon. Hyundai should have taken the design cues from the Elantra sedan sold in North American market. Personally I loved the design on outgoing model. If only rear space was a little better, that sedan would have done much better sales numbers. Curious to see how this one does for the Verna's new polarizing design philosophy.
zaid_ames is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 19:14   #113
BHPian

I know looks are subjective and I have not done TD of new Verna but does anyone feel that Hyundai has completely ruined the classic looks of Verna from front?

From back it still looks good.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 11th April 2023 at 19:25. Reason: spacing
Old 11th April 2023, 19:30   #114
BHPian

I checked out the Verna in the showroom in Gurgaon. Here are my first impressions:
  • Very spacious cabin that can fit 3 slim adults in the rear comfortably.
  • I'm 6ft3in. The front seats are comfortable but there is a slight knees up position for a person of my height. Marginally better than the SX4 I drive now but definitely a few steps behind the comfort I was able to get in the Kushaq.
  • With the front seat set to my position, I have just enough space in the rear. Nothing major to complain when sitting in the back and headroom felt better than the Slavia.
  • Front doors and bonnet were noticeably heavy. It was lighter than the Kushaq but the Verna front doors felt heavier than the Alcazar on display. The rear doors felt lighter than the fronts and the boot lid felt the lightest.
  • Speaking of the boot, there was some poor quality paintwork on the inside of the boot lid. Make sure to check this when seeing the car.
  • The boot is HUGE! It's nicely designed and reminded me of the Octavia's boot.
  • Glovebox was one of the smallest I have seen.
  • The steering wheel is huge for this car. Hyundai should switch the wheels between the Creta and the Verna.

Overall, the car will impress on first look. Thinking back, I am returning to my preference for the Kushaq. One reason is the comfort. The other reason is that the car is large compared to the mid-size SUVs in my neighbourhood that keep stealing parking space from my SX4.
BrabarusMark is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 20:02   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkothan View Post
Dear All

Please help me to choose right variant. Typical heart vs brain issue.
I am at present 46 yrs old, planning to have this car for another 10 years.
I am also 46 yrs old and have booked SX(O) DCT, felt paddle shifts shall still give the fun element and also DCT is faster than the MT.
I would suggest you to increase the budget some more and go for the DCT. Also note that this is introductory price and we are saving on the potential price increase that may come in few months.
ndinesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 23:16   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatvamasi View Post
I am looking forward to buying a sedan in the next 2 months. Currently, own Ford Ecosport TDCi which is great to drive but I do feel a lack of power in lower rpms. My running is low ~ 6-7k km/ yr but mainly on Highways(70%). Confused between these 4 - City, Slavia, Virtus, and Verna.

Any suggestions / recommendations would be welcome.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Verna turbo won’t feel any better in the low rpms than that beautiful 1.5 tdci motor. I have not driven the NA engine, maybe the torque curve is flatter, however bear in mind overall that 1.5 NA Verna will be slower than your existing car.
However said that, the 1.5 turbo is explosive after 2k RPM
jackofsome is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 10:43   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
It would be safer, and look far better too, to add an aftermarket steering top marker.
This is what I went with (the knob facing inwards), the knob is physically of no use (only visually).

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img20230411222602.jpg
Jeevith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 10:53   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaleen View Post
I actually came to the forum to ask if others had noticed the Aircon. The Sales person had cranked up the AC, keeping temp at 19C. But after drive of 15 min, I had started sweating mildly. I tried adjusting the vents a bit, but didn't help. Did anyone face the same issue, where the AC felt underpowered. I immediately got in my Baleno which was a big improvement over the Verna.
If this is true, why some of the modern cars facing issues with AC (Slavia, Kushaq, Taigun). Are they getting AC parts from same vendor? Or is it something that manufacturers have done to increase fuel efficiency? Can anyone shed light on this?

Quote:
This is what I went with (the knob facing inwards), the knob is physically of no use (only visually).
@Jeevith, hoping to hear your initial experience with the car soon.
Do you also feel that AC is underpowered?
Old 12th April 2023, 11:04   #119
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is what I went with (the knob facing inwards), the knob is physically of no use (only visually)...
Your choice, of course, but I'd avoid installing anything that could become a projectile or interfere with airbag deployment in a frontal collision.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 12:06   #120
BHPian

Quote:
That is a projectile either waiting to launch up on airbag deployment or prevent airbag from deploying properly.
sreerknair is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed