Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2023, 16:03   #136
BHPian

Re: Maruti Fronx Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Need to list out the pricing of all the Maruti cars in 8-15L, let's see if there is enough space for Jimny.
Here you go. Baleno, Fronx, Brezza and Grand Vitara variants sorted price-wise.
It clearly shows the price overlap and may give an idea where Jimny will be positioned.

Source of prices - Cardekho.

Maruti Fronx Review-ms_cars_pricewise.jpg
Knightrider is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 16:06   #137
Senior - BHPian

Wow that's some optimistic pricing for the 1.0 turbo variants. I feel a lot of bookings will be routed towards Brezza from Fronx.

Top end Bangalore OTR would be ~16L+, thats a lot of money for this car. Lets see if Maruti can pull this off as well like they did with Brezza which was considered pretty expensive but is managing great numbers MoM. Personally would prefer Brezza due to its safety creds over baleno & its derivatives

Last edited by SoumenD : 24th April 2023 at 16:34.
SoumenD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 16:06   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthusiast View Post
Spot on, but that is what Maruti wanted to do to keep profit margins high. Else, the numbers for turbo engine would be miniscule.
Here's another possible dimension, Maruti doesn't want Fronx to cannibalise it's consistent performer, Baleno. Fronx Alpha AMT @11L can definitely sway potential buyers away from Baleno Alpha AMT @9.9L. At this point, like you said, for Maruti it boils down to the margins.

So, out goes 1.2 NA with AMT and in comes the 1.0 BoosterJet with TC. I am keen to the reaction from here, the bean counters at MSIL will have some work to do. Will they bring in the 1.2? Let's wait and watch.
professortarzan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 16:51   #139
Senior - BHPian

Interesting pricing and product. I have been refraining to post here to wait for the pricing before sharing my 2 cents.

1. Personally, I dont see sense in buying a turbo variant of this car at that price. The Zeta variant on the other hand is the minimum I would want. Maybe Maruti could have continued 1.2NA in Fronx Zeta as well.

2. Ciaz: In its Zeta variant, the car is still a much more car per rupee than the Fronx/Brezza/Baleno. I know that the car is now 6-7 years old but at around 10 lacs ex-showroom, it is a much better buy than the more modern designed Fronx.
PaddleShifter is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 17:18   #140
BHPian

Now that the prices have been revealed - at nearly 13L ex showroom for the top end, OTR might reach 14.5L or thereabouts in my state. The Sonet GTX with the 1.5 Diesel and TC costs around 15.3 Lakhs. Will TD the Fronx before cancelling, though with just a lakh more for the Sonet, it seems tempting to go for that instead.
wadewilson is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 17:24   #141
Senior - BHPian

Fronx price comparison

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki Fronx sits nicely within the compact SUV segment while also managing to steer clear from the Baleno and Brezza
Maruti Fronx Review-20230424_172216.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 17:30   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I had booked 1.0 turbo AT top variant. It would be around 15 lakhs on road. Kiger turbo CVT is 2 lakhs cheaper and looks VFM. Need to decide now .
Most expensive hatchback ever launched in India? It's expensive than your 1.6 Scross right ?

Looks like Maruti will eventually convince and convert all the turbo bookings to GV non hybrid variants. Interestingly the expensive GV hybrid variants also didn't pick the sales well, just 1000 units a month as per Autopunditz.
TorqueIndia is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 17:40   #143
BHPian

I feel keeping the suspense on the pricing has hurt MS. With the presence of Brezza and Fronx being based on Baleno, people started assuming it will sit one spot below Brezza and compete with the Magnite, Kiger and Punch. But the pricing clearly reveals that it is competing directsly with Sonet, Venue, Nexon, XUV and Brezza. With the perception already built, Fronx feels way too expensive now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Most expensive hatchback ever launched in India? It's expensive than your 1.6 Scross right ?

Looks like Maruti will eventually convince and convert all the turbo bookings to GV non hybrid variants. Interestingly the expensive GV hybrid variants also didn't pick the sales well, just 1000 units a month as per Autopunditz.
GV hybrid starts much above the Toyota Hyryder range, as Toyota offers it in top 3 trims against Suzuki's top 2. At that price, people have more trust in Toyota than Suzuki.

Last edited by Turbanator : 24th April 2023 at 17:54.
RohanPitre is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 17:41   #144
BHPian

Disappointing pricing by Maruti. Fronx is priced so close to Venue (without all the fancy features offered by Venue). My sister was looking forward to the TC automatic variants with the 1.0L engine. Dont think she will still pursue this anymore at this price point.
aayusht is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 19:24   #145
BHPian

Maruti Fronx Review-20220819_22265502.jpeg

Good Old Days of 2016, when we got this much of car for just 11.5 Lakhs!
Top End Variant, S P A C E, Decent Engine, Looks elegant.

Now people are telling me that I've to shell out ~16Lakh for a FROGGY Hatchback
Octane99 is offline   (88) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 19:56   #146
BHPian

It is absolutely disgusting how carmakers these days get away with pricing like these.
Will be interesting to see how this performs in the market but this is pure greed from Maruti’s end.
TaurusSHO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 20:03   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane99 View Post
Attachment 2443566

Same pinch. Had got VDI (O) for 9.2 Lakhs on road.

Govt had then recently launched the TCS provision of 1% and I felt I would have to pay it for maybe some bigger car years down the line. Didnt know would have to shell out for puny cars too.

I feel the pricing was changed by i20 which was launched in 2020 and took the top model pricing close to 14-15 lac bracket.

On Fronx, many would still opt for it in tier 2 & 3 cities over baleno due to more comfortable ride because of more gc.
CA Dhruv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 20:16   #148

Back in 2017, the price difference between the 'Alpha MT Baleno' and the 'Baleno RS' was 1.5 Lakhs. This was with the 1.0 Boosterjet engine being a fully imported unit.

Today, the difference between the 'Alpha MT Baleno' and the 'Alpha MT Fronx' stands at more than 2 Lakhs. And this is with the engine being fully localized.

Clearly, Maruti is charging a premium for the Fronx for its styling and the mild hybrid system. Although the Fronx does offer some advantages over its sibling, like an improved ground clearance, suspension and steering setup, it'll be interesting to see how it fares in the market with this optimistic pricing.

Last edited by badtman : 24th April 2023 at 20:39.
badtman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 20:30   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Froggy hatchback? that's hearsay........

the fronx is supposed to be India's only SUV-coupe like the X6, GLC etc....
shortbread is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 20:30   #150

Quote:
Attachment 2443566

Exactly! Gone are the days of a premium hatchback segment affordable to middle class. 11L was (and should be) rightly considered sedan territory back then. Price hikes have overshot inflation by a huge margin, hope the market corrects itself soon.

The Turbo variant is priced exorbitantly! It's almost as if Maruti wants to make money from the cancellations alone.
  • Take bookings with no plan to manufacture enough number of turbos
  • Keep unrealistic prices
  • Charge Rs 500 per cancellation
  • Get 39,000 * Rs 500 = Rs 1.95 crores !

Boom, easy money!
princely_pauper is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks