Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2023, 09:36   #166
BHPian

Re: Maruti Fronx Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiousblock View Post
I have booked Zeta AT with price expectation of 11L-11.25L ex showroom. Now I don't want to pay 80k extra just for turbo (Which I don't require/want at all.) Here are my options.

1. Fronx Delta+ AMT: loose imp features like Driver seat height adjustment and Rear ac vent. extra airbags.

2. Baleno Zeta AMT: has all the features I want except high GC.

3. Brezza VXI AT: Has all the necessary features minus rear wiper, LED head light, DRL. Can install Rear camera so that is not a problem. Waiting period can be a problem too. I can't wait more than a month. I think I've made a mistake by not booking other cars along with Fronx.

What is the best option according to you? I am looking to keep the car for at least 7-8 years.
I would happily pick the Option 3, LED and DRL can also be installed, its a highly customizable car, reasons to chose are, it has got space, it is a proper TQ automatic, i kept baleno AGS in Goa for a few days, i dint like the experience much, also the waiting period will not be as agressive on the AT+Vxi model
Old 25th April 2023, 11:14   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiccross View Post
Magnite's build quality is poor as heck, you'll start hearing rattles in no time. Not to mention the pathetic state of Nissan and their after sales/support. Just head over to the magnite thread to read.
Disagree.

All 75,000 Magnites sold are they all facing problems rattles issues?

Dont think so, and hence generalization not right.

Every brand every model has horror stories from some customers.

Each vehicle model serves its own targeted set of customers well.
sagsaw is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 11:14   #168
Senior - BHPian

The Brezza was over-priced to begin with. Now with the Fronx pricing, many of us find Brezza to be good VFM. Probably that is what Maruti wants?

Pricing idli at 400 INR, so that dosa priced at 450 INR seems better VFM?

I really hope that people stop this blind loyalty and move towards other better restaurants. And I sincerely hope other restaurants do not learn these strategies from them

Last edited by vb-saan : 25th April 2023 at 14:15. Reason: typo
aravind.anand is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 11:17   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The Brezza was over-priced to begin with.
Thays because it does not enjoy the Tax benefits as it uses a 1.5 liter engine so you can't really call it overpriced by choice.
sagsaw is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 11:20   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Fronx updates and expectations from the company:

-When compared with the Baleno, the base variant of the Fronx SUV is priced at a premium of Rs 86,000 per unit, while the SUV is priced at a discount of Rs 83,000 per unit to the Brezza.

- Maruti Suzuki Fronx has a waiting period of 2.5-3 months at present.

- Sales for this segment averaged at 84,000 units per month in FY23

- Bookings received by the company to be skewed towards the 1.2L Dual Jet engine option

- Fronx is positioned slightly below the Nexon, there is a reasonable premium (Rs 1,00,000 on road) compared with the Baleno for the entry/mid variants.

-With only turbo variants available in Zeta/Alpha models, the price premium to Baleno is significant and brings it very close to the Brezza. Hence, there could be a risk of cannibalisation from Baleno at the lower end and from Brezza at the higher end.

- Expectation in terms of volumes are 8000 units per month in FY24F (6,000 units per month incremental for Baleno + Fronx)- Could be a risk due to its pricing.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th April 2023 at 11:24.
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 12:24   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
- Bookings received by the company to be skewed towards the 1.2L Dual Jet engine option
I have driven the K12N equipped Baleno. I think it is good performer; though not suitable for achieving fast lap times, it fulfills the needs of majority customers in the segment. Baleno sales averaging 17,000 over last 6months attest to the fact.

Now coming to Fronx. It's based on Baleno, tire size is same, weight should be similar. May be Maruti tweaked the gear ratios for good, or may be not. So, given looks, good enough performance and backed by Maruti brand, Fronx should do good numbers (10,000 to 15,000 per month). I suspect some of these numbers will come from cannibalizing Baleno itself.

As far at 1.0 Turbo variant is concerned, at this price, it may not find many takers and may end up similar to Baleno RS.

Last edited by AutoNoob : 25th April 2023 at 12:27.
AutoNoob is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 12:35   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
- Maruti Suzuki Fronx has a waiting period of 2.5-3 months at present.

- Sales for this segment averaged at 84,000 units per month in FY23

- Expectation in terms of volumes are 8000 units per month in FY24F (6,000 units per month incremental for Baleno + Fronx)- Could be a risk due to its pricing
The waiting period is assuming that all the existing bookings remain intact? I am keen to see how this will span out. They had earlier said that there was a skew with over 50% of the bookings were for the turbo and now expect the same customer to downgrade their booking for a 1.2 Delta+. Will a turbo Zeta or Alpha customer settle for a less equipped 1.2 dual jet Delta+?

I have sent the cancellation request earlier today after much expectation and disappointment after booking the car on the 1st day of launch and having waited for 4 long months.
clementj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 12:51   #173
BHPian

Cannot fathom with the rationale behind turbo engine pricing. I have contacts with companies manufacturing parts for these turbo units and the price at which most of these reputed brands buy the components is simply peanuts in comparison to the price difference we see in the end product.

In this case, we see a 1Lakh difference. Add to that the reduced cost between a 1.2L and a 1.0L engine, the difference in amount stacks higher. Unless there are additional goodies inside the turbo vehicle which can help elevate the price, I see this more of a play to cash in on the novelty around turbo petrol engines (which I personally find highly unreliable, pain to drive, and low on FE).

Problem is that most buyers do not understand these things and take turbo petrol technology as a technology from Mars and this is where either the system supplier or the OEM is taking them for a BOOST ride.
Abhikumar629 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 13:10   #174
BHPian

Prospective Jimny buyer here, and let's be honest, things don't seem to be looking too good after reading tea leaves from the Fronx launch. From the general attitude of dropping morsels of information wily-nily, to the pricing that leads towards premium, the show-runners at MSIL seem to have lost traction with market realities.

Current economic conditions do not, in my opinion, favour premium pricing for a VFM brand. Also, I feel that the pent-up demand post pandemic is nearing its end. While these may be my opinions, the unenthusiastic reception for Fronx by financial markets should back my point nicely.

However, the dull reception for this product will not lead to MSIL pricing the Jimny from a VFM perspective. I see it being priced at a premium, as the total demand probably will still outstrip their manufacturing capabilities. The worst that could happen at this point, is shorter waiting periods. Which isn't too much of an inconvenience for anyone other than sales planners, who might have to work a bit in a few months.

That said, the current attitude at MSIL seems at odds with all marketing wisdom, and if entrenched, might lead to long term downfall.

Gradual downfall, but downfall still.

If I look at how hard other brands (Hyundai with their Verna) are working to get customers, MSIL seems like it is walking down the path of the emperor who had no clothes on.

All said, I might consider talking my investment in MSIL and plugging it into a brand which seems more invested in growth by treating customers indulging in high involvement purchases with the respect that they deserve.

Last edited by Himalayan_Ice : 25th April 2023 at 13:12. Reason: Grammar, spacing
Himalayan_Ice is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 13:45   #175

The pricing is definitely disappointing, I was expecting upto 15 Lakh OTR for the Alpha AT Turbo, but this is near 16L.
Can the forum members suggest C-SUV alternatives around 15L OTR? Only mandatory requirement is that it needs to be a proper Automatic
Old 25th April 2023, 14:01   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane99 View Post
Attachment 2443566

Good Old Days of 2016, when we got this much of car for just 11.5 Lakhs!
Top End Variant, S P A C E, Decent Engine, Looks elegant.

Now people are telling me that I've to shell out ~16Lakh for a FROGGY Hatchback
As much as I agree with your above statement, the fact is market delivers what the market demands and is willing to pay for. It is nothing new. It *seems* like earlier, most of the price hikes were in higher-segment cars, but it seems the price hikes have trickled into lower segments too. It doesn't seem like these price hikes have dented the sales much, does it?

What I feel is worrisome is, with the increase in prices the quality has also gone down when we'd expect quite the opposite. Complex cars, unskilled service technicians.

I am holding onto my car for as long as possible as it simply makes no sense for me at my time & age to invest in such expensive cars.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 14:17   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

At times I feel that all cars are getting beyond reach. The top end at around 13L translates to about 14.5-15.5L across different states. Let's see how it performs.

The ex-showroom price of my Brezza ZDi+ Dual Tone was 991000/- in 2016 (my point of reference).
Sigh, got this baby at the end of 2017 for 12.20 Ex-Showroom and 13.0 on road. I don't think I'm buying anything new anytime soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Fronx Review-img_20171115_145448.jpg  

I_am_TSG is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 14:31   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Now coming to Fronx. It's based on Baleno, tire size is same, weight should be similar. May be Maruti tweaked the gear ratios for good, or may be not. So, given looks, good enough performance and backed by Maruti brand, Fronx should do good numbers (10,000 to 15,000 per month). I suspect some of these numbers will come from cannibalizing Baleno itself.
There is a catch here. It will appeal to people who are ok with Delta/Delta+ features. For people who want Zeta or above variants might go back to Baleno considering the huge price gap for turbo models. And if someone is OK to cough up the extra premium for Turbo engines, that would bring Brezza in the mix which is a well established car(bigger NA engine, presence, safety etc). Amazing how the once overpriced Brezza suddenly looks VFM compared to this. This is how Manufacturers are pushing the goal post one segment at a time.

So somehow I feel Fronx Turbo will see similar fate as Baleno RS. Whatever numbers it does will probably be for the 1.2NA models. I really hope Maruti provides this turbo in other offerings, specially Brezza, eventually increasing scale and bringing down the prices.

For now its an uphill task for Fronx to justify the pricing of turbo models.

Last edited by SoumenD : 25th April 2023 at 14:34.
SoumenD is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 14:48   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueNM View Post
The pricing is definitely disappointing, I was expecting upto 15 Lakh OTR for the Alpha AT Turbo, but this is near 16L.
Can the forum members suggest C-SUV alternatives around 15L OTR? Only mandatory requirement is that it needs to be a proper Automatic
I m in exactly the same boat and I am strongly thinking of a Venue N Line N6 which lands at around 15L OTR in Chennai. It misses out on the 360 degree camera, the HUD and more interior space but it is otherwise well equipped including a sunroof and more exclusive with that N Line styling. Any other options that one would suggest?
clementj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 14:54   #180
BHPian

With the exorbitant prices of cars and two wheelers across manufactures, VFM quotient is truly lost.

I won't be surprised if in future the 'Lateral Upgrade' thread in this forum will have following conversations:

Original poster - Which vehicle to upgrade to after selling my 2015 manufactured WagonR?
Response - There is no better VFM option than your current WagonR currently. Keep the car. In case you want to upgrade look no further than Activa or Jupiter or Unicorn.

I feel the manufacturers like Nissan or Renault, who are struggling to make ends meet, are actually having better VFM cars in their portfolios. People still aren't buying them. Even the erstwhile Ford, who exited, had better cars than the competitors during those times.
Confusing situations indeed.
DrCar is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks