Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2023, 17:52   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Fronx Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The Brezza was over-priced to begin with. Now with the Fronx pricing, many of us find Brezza to be good VFM. Probably that is what Maruti wants?

Pricing idli at 400 INR, so that dosa priced at 450 INR seems better VFM?

I really hope that people stop this blind loyalty and move towards other better restaurants. And I sincerely hope other restaurants do not learn these strategies from them
What you have described is a real strategy. Imagine a coffee shop where there are 3 sizes : small 99rs, medium 109rs and large 179rs.

Most people would pick the medium because it seems to offer more value for just 10rs more and people who just want something small because they can’t finish it, won’t care about overpaying.

Now a more extreme example: a movie theatre where the popcorn is priced :
Small 250rs, medium 480rs, large, 500rs.

Most people will be going to buy a medium but will easily be up sold to a large because it looks more vfm. Even though they just paid more for something they didn’t want.

With cars and houses too, something only seems overpriced if it’s much more expensive than everything else around it.
Cresterk is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 22:08   #212

price aside, I mean, the name Fronx, just say aloud the name multiple times and you will realize what I mean. The last /x/ sound is getting on nerves, when I say it myself.
as for price, One thing I learnt from team-bhp is how ridiculously sound decision it is to buy a preowned car. Bought less than year old Nexon Petrol XZ+ for mere 9.45 Lakhs last year. Every time I slot her in sports mode, I can't help but pat myself on my back for (such a rare) wise decision from me. Look at this beauty on her delivery day. Looked almost same when I bought her 10 months later.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Fronx Review-nexon.jpeg  

Ghibli is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 23:51   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghibli View Post
One thing I learnt from team-bhp is how ridiculously sound decision it is to buy a preowned car.
Second that, it makes more sense to buy a pre-owned Nexon, S-Cross AT or even a Honda City CVT with less mileage for the same price. You get a whole lot more car with relatively more features.
CTA_35 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 09:12   #214
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghibli View Post
price aside, I mean, the name Fronx, just say aloud the name multiple times and you will realize what I mean. The last /x/ sound is getting on nerves, when I say it myself.
as for price, One thing I learnt from team-bhp is how ridiculously sound decision it is to buy a preowned car. Bought less than year old Nexon Petrol XZ+ for mere 9.45 Lakhs last year. Every time I slot her in sports mode, I can't help but pat myself on my back for (such a rare) wise decision from me. Look at this beauty on her delivery day. Looked almost same when I bought her 10 months later.
But that thing even with a Turbo is slooooow and struggles even in Parking Lot slopes in 2nd gear with 3 passengers. Most people think the new K15C of Brezza has less pickup but it beats the Nexon in initial pickup, by a good margin. Sports mode does nothing in initial pickup.

To each his own priorities, coming from peppy hatchbacks like Ritz, these Tata Petrol cars feel like a downgrade to me in terms of refinement and pickup. Altroz NA petrol has similar levels of performance like Alto 800. But if safety is the priority, then its hard to beat Nexon.

Last edited by tarmacnaut : 27th April 2023 at 09:14.
tarmacnaut is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 09:41   #215
BHPian

On the issue of increasing prices.. when I was contemplating to buy a new car last July - I thought let's wait six more months for the updated seltos / creta. But then I did the math, accounting for higher interest rates, regular surge in car prices, some models being discontinued - and decided to get a top end Seltos! Very happy with the decision! Waiting more & more will only cause pockets to be loosen further.
Case in point - XUV 700 - fantastic product but significantly expensive and prices increasing every month!
Old 27th April 2023, 14:09   #216
BANNED

Bangalore on-road prices, got it from a Nexa Dealer. The Delta Plus variants are priced really well. Delta Plus comes with Alloys and LED DRLs/Headlamps, so exterior is same as Zeta and only Alloys are different compared to Alpha. Inside misses out on rear AC vents, rear viper and gets 2 air bags. Below are the prices,

1. Delta plus 1.2L AGS ~ 11.6 OTR Bangalore - Should be 10.X Lakh in other states. An automatic SUV/Crossover at this price will shake up the competition.
2. Delta plus 1.0 MT Turbo ~ 12.1 OTR Bangalore - This is a great price for Turbo SUV/Crossover.

IMO, This variant will go on to become the highest seller.

What is atrocious is the asking price for 6 speed TC Automatic. It costs 15.5 Lakh (OTR Bangalore) even for Zeta and the topmost Alpha with Dualtone, Turbo and 6AT costs a whopping 16.8 lakh. But mostly people will be buying the Delta plus.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Fronx Review-whatsapp-image-20230427-10.39.09-am.jpeg  

Last edited by tarmacnaut : 27th April 2023 at 14:17.
tarmacnaut is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 17:22   #217
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Chevrolet launched the Forester and very few takers were there.
Opel had the Corsa Swing and Corsa Sail and again few buyers.
When Skoda launched the Yeti, a handful of people bought it.
When they launched the Fabia Scout again few takers.
Fiat launched the Grande Punto Evo Avventura only a few people bought it.
Toyota Etios Liva had their Etios Cross and even then people didn't bite.

It is only now in the last couple of years that people are heading in large numbers towards crossovers.

Perhaps all those other cars were too far and away ahead of their time in India.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 05:18   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Perhaps all those other cars were too far and away ahead of their time in India.
Thue that. Compared to the "average" crossovers/C-SUVs being sold now, those cars look like gems.

By the way, is Fronx the replacement for S-Cross?
Old 28th April 2023, 07:07   #219
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumedik View Post
Thue that. Compared to the "average" crossovers/C-SUVs being sold now, those cars look like gems.

By the way, is Fronx the replacement for S-Cross?
Frankly the Fronx won’t come close to the SCross in terms of build quality and all. The S Cross, like the Ignis, Kizashi and the Jimny etc were all designed and built with the so called ‘advanced markets’ in mind, of which ‘advanced markets’, India is not a part.

Our fellow member Bibendum has a lot to say about this.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 16:06   #220

Saw Fronx at the Nexa. Seems like Maruti is going to have a chart buster here. Overheard a customer saying that it was affordable. Display car was 1.2L AGS.

Last edited by AheadAJ : 28th April 2023 at 16:08.
AheadAJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2023, 13:04   #221
BHPian

Today a full front page advertisement of Fronx in Hindustan Times, New Delhi/Metro edition has been published. They have asked customers to book for test drive.
So any of our members have come across information on TD vehicles?
Old 30th April 2023, 13:42   #222
BHPian

Went to check out the Fronx yesterday at nearby Nexa dealership as we got info from SA that demo car (1.2 Delta+ AGS) has reached the showroom. We are on the lookout for a CSUV and Fronx looked like a decent fit for our requirements. The model we have in mind is 1.2 Delta+ MT. Here are the initial impressions after checking out the car for 10 minutes:
  • Rear row headroom is short. I am 5.8" and had about an inch of headroom left, and headrest was put up to its max height, was brushing the roof. Anyone above 5.10" will brush his/her head with the sloping roof.
  • Driver seat doesn't offer height adjustment but positioning felt ok for me - shorter drivers might feel uncomfortable.
  • No reversing cam on the Delta+. I think this should have been there instead of the black painted alloys which did not look very good for my taste.
  • Boot is small and is small when compared to competition
  • Rear legroom is good
  • No rear AC vents for Delta+. Could be a huge difference in hot summers.
  • Ex showroom price of 8.72L should translate to ~10.5L on road Kerala but this is yet to be confirmed as sales people had no idea on OTR pricing as of now.
We are also considering the Kia Sonet 1.2 HTK+, and following are the differences with Fronx 1.2 Delta+:
  • 4 airbags compared to 2 for Fronx (+)
  • Reversing camera present (+)
  • Much larger and usable boot in Sonet (+)
  • Much better headroom and better ingress/egress for elders in rear row (+)
  • Rear AC vents present (+)
  • Driver seat height adjust present in Sonet (+)
  • Fuel economy of the Suzuki will be better than Sonet (-)
  • Less rear legroom compared to Fronx (-)
  • No alloy wheels, LED headlights or DRLs compared to Fronx (-)
  • Fronx can be fitted with MGA seat covers since no side airbags for Delta+, airbag friendly seat covers difficult to find for Sonet (-)
  • 9.6L Ex showroom, Approx 11.5L on road with some discounts thrown in
TT-S is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2023, 18:55   #223
BHPian

Received the price list for the Fronx for Assam. The price should be the same across the state with the exception of a few thousands here and there. At 14.99L (15L) for the Alpha 1.0L AT, it comes dangerously close to the Kia Sonet which goes for 15.3L for the GTX+ AT. In two minds now - sharing price list for others to compare.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Fronx Review-img20230430wa0000.jpg  

Maruti Fronx Review-img20230430wa0005.jpg  

Old 30th April 2023, 22:09   #224
BHPian

It is good to see that MSIL has uploaded all Maruti Genuine Accessories of Fronx on their website www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine-accessories
We have advantage of ordering online & even if one wants to buy from dealer, he can check for correct part no & price from the website.
Rahul Lal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 14:18   #225

Think Suzuki Motor Corporation has found yet another way to siphon money from its indian subsidiary.
MSIL, I think is forced to import the 1.0 turbo engine and the 6 speed TC at an astronomical price from SMC-Japan.
The looks had me tempted for an upgrade. I bought my Baleno Zeta in 2015 for 7.4 lakhs on road. I wouldn't even dream of buying a car anytime soon. Maybe another 5 years of EMI free life.
dieselroxx is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks