Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2023, 14:57   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Fronx Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselroxx View Post
MSIL, I think is forced to import the 1.0 turbo engine --
The 1.0l boosterjet engine is manufactured in India.

CV Raman – chief technical officer at Maruti :
Quote:
Definitely, we have put in investments in localising this engine and so once we see numbers and customer acceptance we will definitely look at other products for this engine too.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st May 2023 at 15:00.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 18:53   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's Fronx deliveries are underway,
Name:  Screenshot 20230501 185157.png
Views: 1475
Size:  460.5 KB

Name:  Screenshot 20230501 185212.png
Views: 1409
Size:  512.0 KB

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 19:11   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Received the price list for the Fronx for Assam. The price should be the same across the state with the exception of a few thousands here and there. At 14.99L (15L) for the Alpha 1.0L AT, it comes dangerously close to the Kia Sonet which goes for 15.3L for the GTX+ AT. In two minds now - sharing price list for others to compare.
Ex showroom price seems to be inflated. I also received such a price list. Explanation given was that this ex showroom price is inclusive of extended warranty (upto 5 years). But is this fair to include extended warranty in ex showroom price ? Also have a look at the TCS which is as per original ex showroom price of 1%. Unfair practice once again !!
d-g-p is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 12:15   #229
Senior - BHPian

Here's how the Maruti Fronx base Sigma variant looks

The Maruti Suzuki Fronx was launched in the Indian market last month. The crossover is available in five trims with prices starting at Rs 7.46 lakh. Now, here's what the base variant of the car looks like.

Maruti Fronx Review-screenshot-20230503-121235.jpg

Being the entry-level variant, the Sigma trim doesn't get LED headlights or LED daytime running lights. Instead, it makes do with old-fashioned halogen projectors. The Fronx doesn't look cheap even without the LED treatment, that is until you look around.

Maruti Fronx Review-screenshot-20230503-121143.jpg

The Fronx Sigma rides on 16-inch steel wheels that come with plastic wheel covers. It gets black cladding around the wheel arches and side skirts and black ORVMs. Inside, the Sigma trim comes with dual-tone fabric seats, a 3-spoke steering wheel and a twin-dial instrument cluster. It has the provision to install a touchscreen infotainment system.

Maruti Fronx Review-screenshot-20230503-121159.jpg

The Maruti Fronx is available with two engine options: 1.0 turbo-petrol and a 1.2-litre petrol engine. The Sigma trim is offered with the latter. It makes 89 BHP and 113 Nm and is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.

Maruti Fronx Review-screenshot-20230503-121219.jpg

Source: Zigwheels

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 3rd May 2023 at 12:17.
TusharK is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 14:52   #230
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Looks like the ICE area is designed to make you reject that variant immediately.

Even with aftermarket ICE setup, the shape of the bezel will make sure you see that ugly plastic edges in the bottom.
m8002? is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 15:42   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Looks like the ICE area is designed to make you reject that variant immediately.

Even with aftermarket ICE setup, the shape of the bezel will make sure you see that ugly plastic edges in the bottom.
Looks like an old television from the 70's, doesn't it? It has become a common thing that the base variants have absolutely dated styling. Perhaps it is done intentionally to push the customer to shop for the higher variants where the margins are much more high?
Old 3rd May 2023, 16:18   #232
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Dua View Post
I would happily pick the Option 3, LED and DRL can also be installed, its a highly customizable car, reasons to chose are, it has got space, it is a proper TQ automatic, i kept baleno AGS in Goa for a few days, i dint like the experience much, also the waiting period will not be as agressive on the AT+Vxi model
Brezza Vxi AT has 3 months waiting period. Finally decided to get Fronx Delta+ AMT.

I have some queries.
1. Can we install seat height adjust? I've seen some videos on Baleno. or is it better to use pillow type height increase.
2. Rear camera: Can we get same as zeta model? My showroom said they will install by drilling bumper.
Old 3rd May 2023, 17:22   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Looks like an old television from the 70's, doesn't it? It has become a common thing that the base variants have absolutely dated styling. Perhaps it is done intentionally to push the customer to shop for the higher variants where the margins are much more high?
We have 9 and 10 inch android players these days with vehicle specific panels. All you have to do is to paint the panel gloss black and and slap in a 10/9 inch android player. Voila OEM finish.

The user interface wont be anywhere near the OEM ones though.
raj4466 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 07:14   #234
BHPian

Is the Navigation shown on HUD integrated with Android Auto in the Infotainment system? If yes, then this would be a real cool feature.
Old 4th May 2023, 15:58   #235
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

I went to a Nexa nearby with my Dad and took a look at the Fronx.
An odd name yes, but I like the car a lot.
Feels nice inside. All sorts of safety kit - 6
Airbags et al. (Of course we have to wait for the safety ratings.)
A Good looking car. From the rear it looks a bit like a Merc GLA. Roomy and comfortable to sit in. Good sized boot. Useful 60:40 split rear seats. No rear seat recline. Front driver seat has all the usual adjustments including height adjustment but the height adjustment doesn't make it to the front passenger seat. Nice 190mm ground clearance will help us in our Indian operating conditions.
That torque converter 6 Speed AT mated to that 1 litre Turbo petrol engine will make for a very nice car with a reasonably good amount of grunt. The paddle shifts are a nice touch as is the 360 degree camera. I think at 16.4 lacs on Road Blr it is going to be hit. It will fly off the shelves rather rapidly.
It will be necessary to upsize the tyres to 205/55/16 that's absolutely for sure.
All in all a very nice family vehicle for 4 persons to travel in considerable comfort and confidence.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Fronx Review-img_0634.jpeg  

Maruti Fronx Review-img_0636.jpeg  

Maruti Fronx Review-img_0633.jpeg  

Maruti Fronx Review-img_0635.jpeg  

Maruti Fronx Review-img_0632.jpeg  

Last edited by Sheel : 4th May 2023 at 16:56. Reason: Typos. Please proof read before submitting your post. Thanks.
shankar.balan is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 15:41   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I think at 16.4 lacs on Road Blr it is going to be hit. It will fly off the shelves rather rapidly.
Did you check out the Baleno as well? The Baleno Alpha AGS comes in at <12L OTR and has the same interior, space and equipment. For some reason I felt that the 4.5L premium for the 1.0T engine and the TC gearbox in a dynamically average car wasnt justified and cancelled my booking that I made on the 1st day of the auto expo launch.

Earlier today i dropped in to check out the Jimny and casually asked the sales person on the waiting period for the Fronx as it had garnered 20000+ bookings and he said the car is readily available for delivery in May even if you book the car now.
clementj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 17:27   #237
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementj View Post
Did you check out the Baleno as well? The Baleno Alpha AGS comes in at <12L OTR and has the same interior, space and equipment. For some reason I felt that the 4.5L premium for the 1.0T engine and the TC gearbox in a dynamically average car wasnt justified .
Actually we drove there in my Dads Glanza V AT which is the same car as the Baleno more or less.
We ve had that Glanza since 2019. And it has the CVT gearbox which is perpetually hunting for the right gear. It is an extremely comfortable car and we love it otherwise. But it doesnt have Cruise Control which is a big help on the highways.

So if I were to compare the Fronx and the Glanza, the Fronx being a brand new launch has plenty of new fangled and desirable stuff. Not least the things I mentioned in my earlier post but also cruise control and all.

I would happily buy and retrofit the 360 degree camera and cruise control into our 4 year old Glanza because that car has barely crossed 19K Kms in this time and has plenty of life left in it. But I dont know if this is possible at all.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 6th May 2023 at 17:30.
Old 7th May 2023, 07:56   #238
BANNED

Went to check Fronx in showroom yesterday. Here are my thoughts.

1. Apart from exterior physical appearance this is definitely Baleno. Especially 1.2 L variants.

2. Build looks solid. But dashboard plastic quality is not so good. My current 2015 Micra has better interior quality then it.

3. Those who want proper AT must not spend money on Fronx. Get Brezza or Grand Vitara.

4. Those who are ok with AMT should consider this over Baleno only if you require slight high GC. Otherwise get Baleno Alpha in approx. same price.

5. Those who want manual transmission should also check Brezza or Grand Vitara.

I am going on with Delta+ AMT, as I require that GC for some bad roads in my regular routes. Otherwise I would definitely go with Baleno Alpha. (As I have overheard other customers.)

Fronx was assumed to kill Magnite/Kiger duo, but I feel this will help them get some customers if they improve their presence.
Anxiousblock is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 23:19   #239

I cancelled my Fronx pre-booking for my mom which I made on the day of its auto expo reveal - because of that unreasonable premium the turbo carried. Switched to a Brezza ZXI+ MT, which my mom rather liked - we're getting it this week.

Interestingly, I heard from the dealer sources (who also happens to be a distributor for multiple districts) that they have very few (10-15) orders for the turbo in their region - almost all bookings are for the Delta+ MT/AMT. It is rather surprising that people are going for the Fronx in that configuration when the Baleno offers better spec for value. I guess that's how much people want those "SUV"ish looks.

Saw it on display at the dealer, it's a very well designed crossover - but it's in no way worthy of being called an SUV. Doesn't really look very tall either. Oh and the showroom's display unit? Delta+ MT.
Old 9th May 2023, 10:29   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiousblock View Post
3. Those who want proper AT must not spend money on Fronx. Get Brezza or Grand Vitara.
Thanks for taking time to pen down your thoughts after checking out the car yourself

Could you please elaborate though, on why you think the Fronx AT isn't all that good? I've been trying to get information on the Fronx AT as it seems to have a proper torque converter AT gearbox.

Maybe I'll take a test drive of this variant of the Fronx too...no active purchase decision pending on my side; it's just curiosity, is all.

Most Viewed