Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2023, 15:26   #76
BANNED

Re: Maruti Fronx Review

The Baleno manual starts at 661000 ex showroom AFAIK.

The Fronx would command a premium of atleast 75k for the NA engine with manual gear box.

The turbo would probably go upto 1.2L premium.

Magnite Turbo starts at 825000 ex showroom.

If MS matches or betters the price of the Fronx vs Magnite, it would see a lot of success.

Last edited by Mafia : 11th April 2023 at 15:40.
Old 11th April 2023, 18:59   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
This does seem to have a better built quality than the usual!

The rear armrest and front parking sensors will be sorely missed!

It's unfeasible to integrate the front sensors properly in an aftermarket scenario.

The saving grace is the presence of the dead pedal!
From when did the front parking sensors become an expected feature? I'm surprised that it is being mentioned as a Con in the official review lately!
venus1975 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 19:31   #78
BHPian

I still hope the 1.0L Boosterjet is also plonked onto the Brezza, bringing the price down considerably. Given that they are now manufacturing that engine here, in India.
Zinger_Winger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 22:36   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger_Winger View Post
I still hope the 1.0L Boosterjet is also plonked onto the Brezza, bringing the price down considerably. Given that they are now manufacturing that engine here, in India.
No chance. Boosterjet will be costlier to build because of the turbo and direct injection. Even though there is a reduction in tax, Suzuki will not pass that price advantage to the customer. Remember that they haven't done it when the 1.3 petrol in first gen Swift was replaced with 1.2 K series engine.
Old 11th April 2023, 23:16   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger_Winger View Post
They have no incentive to do that and cannibalize sales of either models but one can dream.

I dream a 1.2l turbo in the updated Brezza, that will be a hoot and still differentiates it above Fronx.
Old 12th April 2023, 08:22   #81
BHPian

The 1.0 boosterjet engine is surprisingly thirsty in the Fronx. The engine is already detuned compared to Hyundai 1.0 turbo and also gets smart hybrid but was only managing 14-15 kmpl in most of the runs done by reviewers.
Old 12th April 2023, 08:29   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_krao View Post
The 1.0 boosterjet engine is surprisingly thirsty in the Fronx. The engine is already detuned compared to Hyundai 1.0 turbo and also gets smart hybrid but was only managing 14-15 kmpl in most of the runs done by reviewers.
Were those runs specifically done for fuel efficiency? If not, it's pretty good since reviewers tend to drive in a sporty manner in order to learn the nuances if the car and it's behaviour across varying conditions.
Turbohead is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 08:33   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Were those runs specifically done for fuel efficiency? If not, it's pretty good since reviewers tend to drive in a sporty manner in order to learn the nuances if the car and it's behaviour across varying conditions.
These were fuel efficiency runs so I assume they didn't do much aggressive driving.
abhi_krao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 10:18   #84
BHPian

It amazes me how features have trickled down across segments. 360 degree camera, wireless carplay and android auto etc seem to be standard requirements now!! I hope all these features don't unnecessarily jack up the price of what otherwise seems to be a nice wholesome family city car with occasional highway trips.

Last edited by SDP : 13th April 2023 at 00:15. Reason: Multiple typos
Old 12th April 2023, 12:51   #85
BHPian

360 degree camera seems to be overkill for a vehicle of this size.
The core drivability features of new vehicles are being reduced (AMT ) and replaced with these cheaper gimmicks IMHO.
Or maybe I am just getting old.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 14:11   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
MSIL should introduce the AWD All grip technology with both MT and AT options in budget category cars and pseudo SUVs. There is only one crossover with AWD only in MT- the Grand Vitara AWD in the entire market. And the OTR is approx. 19.7 lakhs, New Delhi. There is absolutely no option with AT.

This is a segment of Indian car market under 2 million INR which is entirely neglected by all car manufacturers. Or there is no real demand?
There is no real demand. For cars which have a FWD and AWD option, just see how many AWD do you really see on the road. Some examples being XUV500, Duster, XUV700 etc. I believe AWD sale would constitute less than 5% of the overall sales. Its mainly about target audience, crossovers are mainly urban audience with no intent of offroading.
supertinu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 16:14   #87

Nowadays young generation as well as old prefers gadgets in their vehicle. MG, Hyundai and Kia started it. Hence Maruti had to follow.They introduced 360 degree camera in Baleno in order to compete with i20. I think they fairly succeeded in boosting the sales of Baleno over i20 after the latest update. As Fronx is derived from Baleno naturally 360 degree camera has to be there in Fronx. I think wireless charging is available in Fronx and not in Baleno

Last edited by SDP : 13th April 2023 at 00:17. Reason: Typos
Old 12th April 2023, 21:48   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComboCutter View Post
They have no incentive to do that and cannibalize sales of either models but one can dream.

I dream a 1.2l turbo in the updated Brezza, that will be a hoot and still differentiates it above Fronx.
If Suzuki is re-introducing the Boosterjet 1.0L, surely it will come in more vehicles for economies of scale. So, a Brezza introduction is highly likely and in future Ignis may be (if it ever appears).
Carma2017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 12:27   #89
BHPian

C.V.Raman and Shashank Srivastava from Maruti have dropped hints on introducing 1.0 Turboject in multiple interviews during Fronx media drives. ACI too shared some info from an interview (not yet telecasted).

Currently 1.5 L engine has a production of approx 25K per month: Brezza = 15K, Ertiga + XL6 = 6K, Ciaz = 1K, Grand Vitara = ~5K for 1.5 NA engine

Assuming Jimny to have 5K sales per month, it makes 30K per month.

Coming to the 1.0 boosterjet, in the long run 40% of Fronx sales are expected from it. So around 60K per year. Due to full localisation of engine, Maruti will be able to produce at least 1.5L units per year. They can easily afford to offer the same in other models

Due to more linear nature of the 1.0 boosterjet, it is most suitable in Brezza and being a <4m car is a big factor. Though there will be a GST reduction from 45 to 28%, the engine itself will be around 80K costlier and customers may get some price benefit as well. So i definitely see 1.0T coming in Brezza a few months from now.
Old 14th April 2023, 01:21   #90
Senior - BHPian

The 6 star joke seems to be getting adopted by maruti sales folks. Much like the "land rover platform " Harrier, or the "Lamborghini speedometer" Beat. I doubt the average buyer knows enough to understand this is fake
Maruti Fronx Review-screenshot_20230414011716460_com.facebook.katanaedit2.jpg

Last edited by greenhorn : 14th April 2023 at 01:35.
greenhorn is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed