Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2023, 19:24   #61
BHPian

Re: Maruti Fronx Review

One of the review videos on YouTube actually demonstrates this. You have to keep the seatbelts plugged in at all times, whether people are sitting in the seats or not (if you don't want to hear the alarm).

Quite annoying! Not sure if it will promote safety by forcing all passengers to wear seatbelts or if they'll just sit on the plugged in seatbelts and make safety worse!
anoop.mathew is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 19:39   #62

Any information regarding standard and extendable warranty period and distance for the Boosterjet automatic variants?

Will this car be sold with a Toyota badge also?
Old 10th April 2023, 20:01   #63
BHPian

So this is another 4m SUV from Maruti, which already has Brezza. Apart from Arena/Nexa differences, is this going to be treated on par with Brezza or one notch higher? I am not understanding the value proposition of this car over Brezza, which is already retailing at around 17 Lakhs OTR (top-model) in Chennai.
gopalnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 20:37   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
So this is another 4m SUV from Maruti, which already has Brezza. Apart from Arena/Nexa differences, is this going to be treated on par with Brezza or one notch higher? I am not understanding the value proposition of this car over Brezza, which is already retailing at around 17 Lakhs OTR (top-model) in Chennai.
But Fronx is <1200 CC engine. So GST is 29% in comparison with Brezza which has 43% GST. This means Fronx should be at least 1L-1.5 L less than Brezza variant wise.
Anxiousblock is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 20:37   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACFT View Post
Any information regarding standard and extendable warranty period and distance for the Boosterjet automatic variants?
Should be the usual 2 years/40k kms and Ext. warranty (2/3 yrs) they give for Brezza/Baleno

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACFT View Post
Will this car be sold with a Toyota badge also?
Toyota Taisor coming soon
ComboCutter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 22:06   #66
BHPian

Finally got an option with all the bells and whistles but NO sunroof. All top trims of competion have sunroofs and I specifically don't prefer one. Looks like a legitimate lateral upgrade for S-Cross. I might seriously consider this, subject to a good and detailed test drive.

Nothing can replace the 1.6 but that is something I have resigned my fate to. Literally no car in the market can replace that engine for that kind of price and reliability.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 11th April 2023 at 16:08. Reason: spacing for readability
srinitdas is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 22:38   #67
BHPian

Fronx Delta+ 1.2L AMT Review -
uditanshh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 23:36   #68
BHPian

In-depth review, as always.

I think Fronx will be a good city car with a decent engine. Somehow, I wouldn't say I like the dual-tone interior of Maruti cars. The purple or burgundy color looks dull to me. Instead, the all-black interior could have been an excellent option.

Last edited by ketan007 : 10th April 2023 at 23:45.
ketan007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 00:41   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinitdas View Post
Looks like a legitimate lateral upgrade for S-Cross. I might seriously consider this, subject to a good and detailed test drive.
Nothing can replace the 1.6 but that is something I have resigned my fate to.
I would beg to differ on your point. Even if your method of looking at it as a lateral upgrade is to say Rs. X lakh 6 years ago vs Rs. X lakh today, even then it is not an upgrade, as the build quality of a car made European market spec (scross 1.6) vs the fronx's build quality will have major differences.

Not even talking about the engine, the interiors are a downgrade from the Scross, taking into consideration the time that has passed since the Scross days and advancements that have come in.

A lateral upgrade for the 1.5 Scross is probably the 1.5 twins in the VAG stable (though I have not personally tried those).

I too have the 1.6 scross, hence my opinion mentioned above.
kosjam is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 09:18   #70
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki has revealed the Vilox accessory pack for the Fronx.

Maruti Fronx Review-20230411_091705.jpg

Maruti Fronx Review-20230411_091703.jpg

Maruti Fronx Review-20230411_091701.jpg

Maruti Fronx Review-20230411_091708.jpg

Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 09:25   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Maruti Suzuki has revealed the Vilox accessory pack for the Fronx
The exterior accessories look pretty average. They should have showcased these on a white car as it would have brought out the accents better.

Also I noticed that there are seat covers as well. Will these not affect the airbag deployment?
Old 11th April 2023, 11:53   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosjam View Post
Not even talking about the engine, the interiors are a downgrade from the Scross, taking into consideration the time that has passed since the Scross days and advancements that have come in.

A lateral upgrade for the 1.5 Scross is probably the 1.5 twins in the VAG stable (though I have not personally tried those).

I too have the 1.6 scross, hence my opinion mentioned above.
Absolutely agree with you. There is no real upgrade for the 1.6 at a comparable price bracket and at the same reliability. VAG twins are definitely there in the performance front, but not on the reliability front.

The point I was trying to make was, Fronx is the only decent option from the Maruti stable which is closest to S-Cross. Definitely a downgrade but lesser of a downgrade compared to other option. If only we had the 1.4 boosterjet on Grand Vitara... If only

Last edited by suhaas307 : 11th April 2023 at 16:07. Reason: spacing for readability
srinitdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 13:28   #73
BANNED

Wonderful review covering all the key points, good to know that 1.0 turbo is not a dull engine, looking forward to a test drive.

Now that the modifications done to Fronx are not skin deep and is actually more rugged, Maruti Suzuki should make the 'All Grip AWD' system available for the Fronx 1.0. Heck, even Ignis/Swift gets the All Grip system overseas. That would really shake up the competition and further validate it's claimed 'SUV' credentials.

Given that, Suzuki plans to launch Fronx in Australia and overseas, I am hoping an All Grip variant will be on the cards in near future. If done, I will switch to the Fronx from my current ride, Ritz, eyes closed.
tarmacnaut is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 14:29   #74
BHPian

MSIL should introduce the AWD All grip technology with both MT and AT options in budget category cars and pseudo SUVs. There is only one crossover with AWD only in MT- the Grand Vitara AWD in the entire market. And the OTR is approx. 19.7 lakhs, New Delhi. There is absolutely no option with AT.

This is a segment of Indian car market under 2 million INR which is entirely neglected by all car manufacturers. Or there is no real demand?
RijuC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 14:41   #75
BHPian

In review I noticed that the passenger sitting on left side of rear seat cannot slide his/her feet under front seat as it is housing Li-ion battery. I am sure passenger would become quite uncomfortable during long rides.

Not sure if same issue is also with other Maruti vehicles using Idle Start Stop (ISS) technology including Jimny.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 11th April 2023 at 16:07. Reason: spacing for readability

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks