Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2023, 14:02   #181
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Lal View Post
Any idea where is Li-ion battery used in ISS (Idle stop start) located in Jimny ? In Fronx it is placed under front pax seat which restricts movement of rear left passenger feet while sliding under front seat.
Jimny does not come in any of the Hybrid variants (mild and strong) and so it does not have any Lithium chemistry battery.

I think the Idle Start Stop will be from the 12V battery & the starter motor only.
bobbyblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 17:48   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathur2012 View Post
This is really disappointing.

A 360 degree camera would be really handy even in a car like Alto when you are on a solo trip in remote Himalayas and need to squeeze in the car to pass on coming vehicles on the narrow roads. I currently drive an Ertiga in which I have installed a 360 degree camera imported from china for this specific purpose ie Solo trip to Himalayas.
I always think of the 360 degree camera as a safety specific feature. Not just a feature to enable easy parking.

If I go with the detail "Thick D-pillars and tailgate-mounted spare wheel restrict rearward visibility. Still, with the compact dimensions and the reverse parking sensors & camera, reversing is not a difficult affair".

Even thought the Jimny is compact in dimension, the way the seating position is designed vis a vis the body format, the driver rear and side awareness will always be compromised. Many things do not get seen in the IRVMs or ORVMs, or maybe the field of view of the reversing camera could be very specific.

In my society parking small children are always playing, lurking around cars. Odd chance you miss a beat and something tragic can happen in a instance.

What surprises me is why Maruti skipped this on the Jimny?
Old 31st May 2023, 18:07   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssingri View Post
I haven't seen this discussed but the final ratios for the manual and auto seem to be different
I had posted this earlier.
The AT will be make sense only for urban commuters and maybe highway users, because the gearing is very tall. For mountains/off-road/rural roads etc MT is the way to go. Personally, I never thought that I would buy a new MT vehicle if an AT was available. But having gotten used to a Petrol Thar with the latest gen ASIN 6-Speed AT, there is no way, I can live with this antiquated slush box 4-Speed AT that comes in the Jimny. Hence, I made an exception and booked the MT.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-jimnygearratios.jpeg  

4x4addict is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 19:19   #184
BHPian

I came across these two intriguing Shashank Srivastava interviews. On watching I discovered a couple of interesting statements.

In the first one, he claims that the Jimny has the least turning radius! (Skip to 2:12)

In the second one, he reveals that they will try to price the 'premium car' a little short of INR 15 lakh mark(Skip to 4:50). While I really hope he meant the on-road price of the top end variant, its probably safe to assume that he was talking about the ex-showroom price.

Last edited by Emvi : 31st May 2023 at 19:46. Reason: Grammar
Emvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 23:36   #185
BHPian

Few posts earlier, someone was looking for the engine speed at 100Kmph for the Jimny with AT transmission. Apparently one channel has captured that. It’s 3000RPM
Navigate to 10min06seconds of the below video to checkout the same.

Last edited by bpapache : 31st May 2023 at 23:38. Reason: Added time stamp info of the video
bpapache is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 13:36   #186

To all those who wants to check Jimny in Hyderabad, here is the schedule as shared by my RM. No conformation yet on the Forest green color yet, he is not even sure about that. I am expecting my delivery by June end.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-whatsapp-image-20230601-1.22.00-pm.jpeg  

ani446 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 08:32   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
In the second one, he reveals that they will try to price the 'premium car' a little short of INR 15 lakh mark(Skip to 4:50). While I really hope he meant the on-road price of the top end variant, its probably safe to assume that he was talking about the ex-showroom price.
Well the whole USP of the Jimny package seems to be its compactness within which the basic DNA of an offroader is imprinted. However appealing that could be to a selected group of enthusiasts, as your have rightly said, the figure of 15 Lakhs seems kind of appropriate if it is the on-road price for the top variant. Anything else, good luck to Maruti with their 'premium' pricing for the 'premium' vehicle!
Kandisa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 10:43   #188

Seems Maruti Suzuki jimny's launch has preponed to 5th June instead of 7th, at least below news article suggests so.

https://www.indiatoday.in/auto/lates...556-2023-06-01

Twisted automotive modifies Suzuki Jimny with fancy leather interiors and a Turbo starting at $60k - any takers?

https://www.carscoops.com/2023/06/tw...o-for-a-price/

Last edited by Sheel : 2nd June 2023 at 11:19. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Old 2nd June 2023, 11:21   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnftech View Post
Seems Maruti Suzuki jimny's launch has preponed to 5th June instead of 7th, at least below news article suggests so.
Maruti actually told that Jimny's launch will be in the first week of June...7th June is the worst case scenario we all are expecting :-)

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd June 2023 at 11:57. Reason: Fixing broken quote.
Old 2nd June 2023, 11:50   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
The AT will be make sense only for urban commuters and maybe highway users, because the gearing is very tall. For mountains/off-road/rural roads etc MT is the way to go.
Would this recommendation apply for newbie off-orders too? Or is it only for seasoned off-roaders like yourself?

Genuine question from a wannabe off-roader.
Old 2nd June 2023, 12:04   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser123 View Post
Would this recommendation apply for newbie off-orders too? Or is it only for seasoned off-roaders like yourself?

Genuine question from a wannabe off-roader.
The AT is perfectly at home in Dehradun at least. We had no issues deiving around the hills, hairpins and winding roads either uphill or down.
gsferrari is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 12:43   #192
BHPian

I haven’t seen the 5 door version of the Jimny. However, I have seen the 3 door version and it looks to be very puny.

I wish, I had the comparative picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img_1101.jpeg  

Old 2nd June 2023, 14:19   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I had posted this earlier.
The AT will be make sense only for urban commuters and maybe highway users, because the gearing is very tall. For mountains/off-road/rural roads etc MT is the way to go. Hence, I made an exception and booked the MT.
I have a stupid question about these gear ratios.
AFAIK, the gear ratios are dependent on size of gears inside the hardware whether its gbox or tcase. So in Jimny we see different ratios form transfer case (for 4L).. its lower 2.64 for AT compared to 2.0 on MT.

So can we assume that we can swap the AT models tcase on a MT Jimny to make it more capable crawler (Basically 2.64 ratio tcase on MT)? I am assuming this could be possible considering Jimny has divorced tcase so should be direct fit.

Also, do we have the differtials ratios for the Jimny?

Last edited by offroad_maniac : 2nd June 2023 at 14:21. Reason: Low ratio number corrected
offroad_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 14:42   #194
BHPian

I think the Jimny 5 door has to be compared with the upcoming 5 door Thar and not the 3 door. As it is extremely impractical to manage with a 3 door car for the mass.

The Scorpio N top end 4WD id priced at 32L on road Bangalore. The images of the 5 door Thar with the sunroof seems like will be priced at about 30L.

So 18-20L on road bangalore for the 5 door Jimny sounds fair considering the brezza,venue and others are around 17-18L.

Add a turbo charger and a few mods by spending 5L will still keep it way lower than the 5 door Thar.
Old 2nd June 2023, 16:00   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyasachetan View Post
I think the Jimny 5 door has to be compared with the upcoming 5 door Thar and not the 3 door. As it is extremely impractical to manage with a 3 door car for the mass.
Hello Vyasa!

Good to see a fellow KNOG here. Looks like we share the same interest in cars as well as bikes!
gsferrari is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed