Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2023, 21:53   #2431
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
Wow! You got an awesome deal there. Congratulations!
Which color did you book? Asking this to know if the dealer discount is only on the stock available with them.
I got grey colour. Itís readily available and already checked in stock yard.
Manuggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 11:19   #2432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
Wow! You got an awesome deal there. Congratulations!
Which color did you book? Asking this to know if the dealer discount is only on the stock available with them.
Yes, only those dealers are offering additional discount where they have the vehicle in their inventory. I have taken 2 quotes from different dealer, one in Noida and one in Mohali. The dealer in Noida is offering additional 50k but the one in Mohali who has no available stock is not offering any extra discount.

I was further informed ( Not sure how true ) that Maruti has already slowed down the production of Jimny hence the discount will only last till dealers and Maruti has stock. Hence my personal feeling is that anybody keen to buy it should not think twice and proceed specially if they are getting additional discount. Maruti may or may not do price correction post January if they have decided to curtail production basis the market response to this car.
AVL500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 11:48   #2433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay Sengupta View Post
i20 N Line for boring tasks ? Not clear
Certaintly not to say the i20 N Line itself is boring. A change feels necessary for me after 24k kilometers in less than 2 years with the car. Have to keep things interesting!
Old 8th December 2023, 12:17   #2434
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepega View Post
Fuelio logs: 16.5 KMPL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuggn View Post

Last Saturday while I was scrolling on Instagram NEXA add popped up stating Jimny starting at 10.74 lakhs. On paper it looked a good deal and next day I visited nearby NEXA dealer and checked the car. Took a test drive on trail and on main highway and overall liked the car.
These two posts have reawakened the "animal" within me. I'm going to NEXA to see if they have any genuine deals.

- @pepega I see you're driving between 250 and 350 kilometres between fill-ups. Normally, I would expect a highway vehicle to travel at least 500 - 600 kilometers (without experiencing range anxiety).

Were you frequently filling up to calculate fuel efficiency, or is this a really safe range of Jimny?
dicor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 12:28   #2435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicor View Post
@pepega I see you're driving between 250 and 350 kilometres between fill-ups. Normally, I would expect a highway vehicle to travel at least 500 - 600 kilometers (without experiencing range anxiety).

Were you frequently filling up to calculate fuel efficiency, or is this a really safe range of Jimny?
I stopped for fuel both times since I was getting coffee at the same stop, and it saves time to do both together. Also I prefer to not let my range go below 100-150 kilometers on a highway, since I never know when I might be stuck in long traffic jam, road closure or have a puncture or something like that. Having a full tank just feels safer.

The empty tank of the Jimny took 40 litres at the first full fuelup. I'd say about 30-35 of that is useable, the rest would be required to keep the fuel pump submerged. At 13.3 kmpl (which is my worst highway efficiency), that equals to about 390-450 kilometer real range. On cruise control at 80kmph (if it gives 15-16 kmpl), the range would be a lot more, closer to 500-550 kilometers. Hope that helps somewhat. Go get your Jimny on!
pepega is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 13:30   #2436
BHPian

Got a message from the local Nexa dealer on 02.12.2023 about the launch of the new 'Thunder Edition' offered with a discount of Rs 2 Lakhs on the Zeta variant. Called up the dealer immediately to enquire what would the 'Thunder Edition' miss out on. In my mind, was half prepared to hear that Maruti must have axed the 4x4 hardware in order to get more sales. However, was pleasantly surprised to hear nothing had been altered in the car.

So the next day we went to take a test drive of the Jimny MT. For reference, a Gypsy has been part of the garage for the past two years so all aspects of the driving experience of.the Jimny were being compared with our present Gypsy. All went well and ended up booking the car and took delivery of a white Zeta MT Jimny on 04.12.2023. The accessories that were supposed to be given with the 'Thunder Edition' had not arrived at the dealership, we have instead opted to have them packed separately. The things that are appealing will go on the car and the rest will be offered on the give-away section.

Maruti Jimny Review-20231204_121043.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-20231204_121032.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-20231204_120937.jpg

PRICING

Time address the elephant in the room. The Jimny base variant is being offered for 10.74 Ex-Showroom. For what the car offers in terms of reliability, service and both on & off road capability, the Jimny is well worth the price it is being sold for today. In an ideal world, would have loved the car to be a few lakhs cheaper, but that's just not how things play out. The 5 door Jimny has been recently launched in Australia for 34,990 AUD (before tax) which comes to around Rs 19,28,000 INR. The Australian version gets a few additional features in terms of driver aid/assistant such as lane departure warning and the likes. Suddenly, Indian version of the Jimny seems to offer more value, given that the Australian version is also offered with the same 1.5 Litre engine coupled with 4AT/5MT options.

The first upgrage to the Jimny, had to be a better and broader set of tyres to ride on. The factory size of 195/80R15 has been swapped with Apollo AT 2 225/70/R15. The new tyres while proving a broader contact patch, has not altered the earlier profile size resulting in the driving dynamics being the same.

The Jimny is currently waiting for a few goodies to arrive from Japan to make the interior a more practical space.

Driving impressions and a more detailed review will be followed up after having driven it some more.
Jagatvir is offline   (45) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 13:43   #2437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepega View Post
I
The empty tank of the Jimny took 40 litres at the first full fuelup. I'd say about 30-35 of :
Just as a comparo;
My stock Gypsy which I drive once in a way to Coorg or Ooty, takes in 40 litres as per tank capacity. The distance covered is about 300-310 kms typically before a refill of 25-26 litres. (Meaning that I drive it to Coorg or Ooty and drive about a bit inside Coorg or Ooty and then refill.)

This above experience-based fact leads me to surmise that a Jimny with a 40 litre tankful of Petrol, can take me happily along for 300-350kms before a refill is required.

If driven on the ‘flat’ however, it is possible that it may take one further, perhaps to 380kms or so. But 500kms without a refill is just not possible (unless one is being towed or sitting on a flat bed.)

Last edited by shankar.balan : 8th December 2023 at 13:44.
shankar.balan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 14:12   #2438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Just as a comparo;
My stock Gypsy which I drive once in a way to Coorg or Ooty, takes in 40 litres as per tank capacity. The distance covered is about 300-310 kms typically before a refill of 25-26 litres. (Meaning that I drive it to Coorg or Ooty and drive about a bit inside Coorg or Ooty and then refill.)

This above experience-based fact leads me to surmise that a Jimny with a 40 litre tankful of Petrol, can take me happily along for 300-350kms before a refill is required.

If driven on the Ďflatí however, it is possible that it may take one further, perhaps to 380kms or so. But 500kms without a refill is just not possible (unless one is being towed or sitting on a flat bed.)
I haven't done the drive to Coorg or Ooty yet, I'd love to experience that sometime as well. How is that road?

On two lane highways and here in Goa, I wouldn't expect more than 300-350 kilometers from a tankful either.

But Bangalore to Hubbali is a 6 lane highway (for most parts), and it's much easier to get a better fuel efficiency since you're hardly ever slowing down for traffic. It's only the tolls and diversions for road construction that slowed me down and hit the efficiency, of course. I was also driving alone with minimal luggage, so that definitely helps with the efficiency.

In these conditions, the tank range on the dashboard of the car was telling me that 450 kilometers was possible. And this range isn't like the one in my i20 that always tells me 620 kilometers on a full tank, regardless of how I'm driving. I'm inclined to believe that estimate since I did get a real world efficiency of 15-16 on the way back, while driving saner speeds than on the way to Bangalore. 15 kmpl * 30 litres = 450 km seems doable and 500 at a stretch as well.

Found a youtube video that might be helpful, someone did a range test and got 391 kilometer on a full tank, using 33 liters of fuel. Their car is an automatic so I expect my MT transmission Jimny to go a bit further:
pepega is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 15:14   #2439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagatvir View Post
With such a smart looking and handsome Grandpa hovering in the background, the Grandson has its work cut out!

What a lovely Gypsy you have!

Wish you many miles of happy motoring with your Jimny!
arjab is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 15:41   #2440
BHPian

Jimny Fuel tank capacity is 40 litres which includes reserve capacity also.

The empty tank alarm comes on last bar of the fuel gauge. It usually takes 33 litres of petrol to fill up on auto-cut. Range is usually 400 km on an average. I got a best of 517 km and 340-350 km at the beginning.
RijuC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 16:18   #2441

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuggn View Post
I came back home and spoke to my friend who is a Automotive journalist. He further spoke to his contacts and got me a great deal and an Discount of 3.16 lakhs.

Final price received was 12.82 lakhs for Zeta Automatic with Maruti Alloys and Fog Lamps.
These kind of discounts are not offered in other parts of the country. It will be even worthwhile travelling to Delhi and booking a car there. Get the car over to corresponding state and register it there. Even then, we will end up saving money. Any connections in this regard is appreciated.

As a platform, why do not Team BHP try to negotiate a massive deal for the interested members with any of the dealers or the OEM directly?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 8th December 2023 at 16:22. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
renjithgn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 17:57   #2442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
On the other hand, this must feel quite terrible for the ones who made the leap of faith right after the launch. Hope Maruti takes care of them in some form (obviously can't pay everyone 3L back)
That leap of faith has very quickly turned into a fall to the depths of disillusionment !
mpant05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 18:36   #2443
BHPian

Took a test drive of Alpha AT today at Kalyani Nexa Mysore Road, Bangalore. I felt it is quite responsive than my Urban Cruiser AT. The Price for Alpha AT is coming around 16.58 Lakhs after all discount(Without any standard accessories package, Extended warranty etc). the price is just Ex Showroom+Registration+Insurance! Still negotiable if we confirm the booking! I feel it will come to 16 Lakh. Good price I feel.
MotoDrive is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 21:46   #2444
mxx
BHPian

Can anyone share the discounts and final on-road price (after discounts applied) for Jimny Alpha AT in bangalore?

Last edited by mxx : 8th December 2023 at 21:58.
Old 8th December 2023, 22:05   #2445
BHPian

Went to Nexa dealer in Pune to enquire about Ignis. Casually checked for Jimny discounts. On a Zeta AT in stock with the dealer, with all discounts it came down to 14.3L on road. Serious buyers may be able to squeeze some more discount.
Knightrider is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed