Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2024, 10:15   #2941
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackofsome View Post
First service and modifications update -- Alpha A/T:

Really happy with the overall outcome. I will soon go for a Dashcam and get the doors damped. Oh am I smitten after hearing the Fujitsubo axle back exhaust? You bet.
One of the sweetest, subtle looking Sexy-Jimny I'd say! Any plans to upgrade to bigger wheel set?
gururajrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 20:02   #2942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
Hi thank you for this information, your White Jimny with the tasteful mods looks very classy.
I had also sent my Jimny to the Okhla service center in Delhi for its first service, 2 weeks ago but they refused to change the oil and filters. And said it would only happen in the 3rd service. Is there a SOP that is followed across dealerships ? I am closing in on 3000 kms driven and want to change the oil, filters etc, as i am sure it will improve the driving experience and mileage.

Could you share the links for the cup holder,storage unit that fits near the gear level and passenger side storage bag please. Does the cup holder block the right AC vent in anyway ?
Thank you!

I have always changed oil in first service for all by motorcycles and cars. Just like it that way. I am sure you could have reasoned with the service that you are paying and hence they should do it pronto!

You would find the link of these items on post #1473 of this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileThunder View Post
Congratulations @jackofsome on the Jimny, and I definitely echo some of your observations.
Coming to the mods- could you please let me know where you got the DRL, LED rear lamps, armrest, front grille, LED cabin lamps and the passenger storage bag?
Just a quick question - wouldn't the passenger storage bag foul with the deployment of the passenger side airbag in case of a frontal collision?
I would plan my return via Kolkata (to visit relatives and friends) and would love to catch up on some "Adda" over chai- if possible.
Happy driving!!
Thank much!

The DRL cum indicators, grille and LED rear lamps were sourced from Retro Customz (search by this name in Instagram)
LED cabin lamps are the generic Blaupunkt ones that you would get in any accessories store.
The bag can be found here: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0CN6Y17N1?...GN6N5EMHKZ6BBT
The armrest is of the brand 'Stylenn' which I picked up from a local accessories store.

And I don't think the bag will foul with airbag deployment as the bag sits lower than the grab handle even and the airbag module is way high up on the dashboard.

And yes lets definitely catch up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
One of the sweetest, subtle looking Sexy-Jimny I'd say! Any plans to upgrade to bigger wheel set?
Thank you so much! No plans for now to change the wheels. I find the 215/75 to be perfect for the amount of power available and looks combo. Also don't want the tyres touching or rubbing anytime. Sure yes if I go for aftermarket suspension someday.

Disclaimer: I have no connection with any of the sellers mentioned for the respective items. Its purely to help out members here.

Last edited by jackofsome : 19th February 2024 at 20:05.
jackofsome is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 09:34   #2943
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Food vlogger Kripal on why he bought (the underrated in India) Jimny

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/vVj...ibextid=ox5AEW

Mods: feel free to delete if it doesn’t make sense in this thread.

Last edited by NPV : 20th February 2024 at 09:35.
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 20:44   #2944
BHPian

Just crossed 1500kms in my Jimny Zeta MT.
Haven't done any mods as of yet except the Geolander 215 tyres.

Had a 700 kms highway drive in a day recently and here are my observations.
  • Jimny's suspension is fantastic. Was pleasantly surprised how it gobbled up bad patches.
  • On 4 lane highways it has adequate power. It can cruise all day long effortlessly at 100kmph and will still have enough juice for overtakes.
  • Did not push above 100, but at high speeds I could see the average dropping. 90-100 Kmph is the sweet spot. Expect 13-14 Kmpl with spirited driving.
  • If you maintain below 80 Kmph, can get even better fuel efficiency.
  • Does not feel like a SUV at corners. Maintains composure.
  • Steering feels heavy at higher speeds and maintains control. No vagueness or play at the center. But not much of feedback and you cannot feel the road surface.
  • Jimny is at home on 2 lane state highways.
  • It can pull right from 60-100 in 5th Gear. Easy to overtake the state buses and other slow vehicles.
  • You don't need to slow down for sudden bad patches. Just keep driving!

Small kids always take a second look at the Jimny. May be its like their toy has come to life.
My other car is a turbo petrol sedan which I'm used to, but Jimny gives a different kind of driving pleasure.
It is a no nonsense lovable little keeper!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img_20240217_210147-1_cleanup.jpg  

Way2Jimny is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 00:50   #2945
sat
BHPian

Maruti Jimny factory engine oil - FS 0W-16?

Does the Jimny come from the factory with the fully synthetic 0W-16 Ecstar engine oil?

To break in/run in the new car engine, car companies used to use engine oils with additives like zinc and phosphorus (ZDDP).
Old 21st February 2024, 01:53   #2946
BHPian

Finally got a chance to drive the Jimny AT. Quite an interesting little car. Sadly the discounts seem to have evaporated. Got a price list from the SA at Nexa and Jimny Alpha AT is at 17.9L and Zeta AT at 16.8! At that price makes me pause and relook at the competition re: what do I get for 18L OTR compared to the Jimny and do I love it enough to spend that much for a pretty basic car (for a daily driver). Don’t get me wrong, it has a lot of character but I was really hoping Maruti had done some price correction. My bad..
Evyas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 11:57   #2947
BHPian

Hi guys

Just wanted to check if anyone else is facing the same issue with regards to the steering angle as I am facing.

I am having to hold the steering slightly to the right to make sure I go straight.
I have checked the tyre pressure and alignment and both are ok. Road camber also can't be an issue since I have driven the car on a variety of roads including city roads and highways.

Now I can't remember whether this issue was there on the stock tyres or not. I have upgraded to 215/75 tyres.

Went to an off road event recently and one of the guys there said that he hooked up his Jimny to a computer and the steering angle is off by 4 degrees. According to him this is a known fault in this generation of the Jimny.

Any solutions to this problem or is this the case for all Jimnys out there?
veedub89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 13:51   #2948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post

I am having to hold the steering slightly to the right to make sure I go straight.
This is a known issue with some Jimny's. You need to go to the A.S.S and get your steering angle sensor reset to correct the 4 degree offset you are seeing.

Once this is done, get alignment done and the issue should be sorted.
fiat_tarun is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 10:13   #2949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way2Jimny View Post
Had a 700 kms highway drive in a day recently and here are my observations.
Thank you for the wonderful summary.

Would you have an opinion on rear seat comfort for the family across long drives (5-6 hours)? Would you say it's a practical tourer for a family of 4?

Thanks.

Last edited by KarthikK : 22nd February 2024 at 16:05. Reason: Fixed the incorrect quoted post reference
Old 22nd February 2024, 16:40   #2950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearchichi View Post
Thank you for the wonderful summary.

Would you have an opinion on rear seat comfort for the family across long drives (5-6 hours)? Would you say it's a practical tourer for a family of 4?

Thanks.
Rear seat is not comfortable for taller adults due to lack of under thigh support. It is just perfect for a family of 2 Adults and 2 Kids.
The ride in itself is good and leg room is sufficient. Your passengers will not feel nauseous.

Jimny is a car for someone like me who wanted an old school car which is built new. It cannot be compared with other latest cars.
It is very much a modern Gypsy.
If you notice the engine bay, every part placement will be at the exact same location as that of the Gypsy.
Way2Jimny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 18:37   #2951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way2Jimny View Post
Jimny is a car for someone like me who wanted an old car which is built new.
Thank you for your response. It's much appreciated.

Since I cannot DM you, would you be comfortable sharing the contact of your sales advisor? I'm in Bangalore too and can approach him with my interest.

Thanks.
Old 22nd February 2024, 18:49   #2952
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:

Since I cannot DM you, would you be comfortable sharing the contact of your sales advisor? I'm in Bangalore too and can approach him with my interest.

Thanks.
If you wish you can call this chap Shree from Nexa on Hosur Road. Very helpful chap.
And you can give my reference as he knows me well.
His number is +91 90360 92137
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 18:51   #2953
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.
I'm not able to DM either.
You can get in touch with Sukith from JP Nagar Nexa on 98 45 15 62 76.
Way2Jimny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 19:09   #2954
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Feels very sad to read this in ET.
I think we in India cannot appreciate ‘small is beautiful’ any more.
Is it game over in India for the poor little Jimny?
Will Maruti pull the plug?
Will the public get some warning before they do?
Points for us enthusiasts to ponder, for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-8b894d7ace3a45d893cad09fb6a88180.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 22:19   #2955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Will Maruti pull the plug?
Will the public get some warning before they do?
Points for us enthusiasts to ponder, for sure.
Articles like these feed more negativity to the public.

I really hope they don't pull the plug. As they manufacture it for exports, may be they will produce for India on order basis.

Thinking about Maruti's history, they never stopped a model except Kizashi. It was not manufactured in India so made sense.
Similarly, S-Cross 1.6 MJD the engine was fully imported. It was logical not to pursue the variant as it wasn't selling.

In case of Jimny I expect them to sell it in India and have it as a niche product in their portfolio to show case their global presence.

Last edited by Way2Jimny : 22nd February 2024 at 22:21.
Way2Jimny is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed