Accessory Price List: Jimny 2023 Accessories List.pdf
sammysossa is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 08:13   #408
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
As I mentioned here, anything lower than 12 Lac can only be fantasy.
The final prices seem to be high by at least a lac, and that's the reason why everyone is cribbing about.
I too feel the same way. Just a lakh odd more than what I was expecting. These days a goddamn Suzuki espresso or cappuccino or whatever you call that poser SUV sells for about 6.5 lakhs on the road and people are lapping it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Maybe the high number of bookings and overall demand for PV gave them courage.
In my view, given the relatively lackluster booking (compared to what I would call runaway success bookings like the Thar or the XUV/Scorpio N etc), I think Suzuki realized that Jimny wll never be a mass market product in India but an exclusive lifestyle vehicle, for those without a budget constraint. Hence, low volumes at a higher price makes sense for them.

30K bookings aren't really that great for company like Suzuki. I expect about 50% cancellations after the price announcement. With a production capacity of about 7K to 8K per month, the backlog of Indian bookings will get delivered by November. Then what? Unlike mass market models, niche vehicles like the Thar or Jimny will not have continuous demand for years. These are only initial hypes and then it will settle in about few 100 vehicles a month. The initial madness for Thar and Jimny is because of pent up demand due to lack of options.
4x4addict is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 08:14   #409
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if I have read it in the forum so far- can the Jimny be fitted with a snorkel kit ?
Old 8th June 2023, 08:23   #410
BHPian

Going by the majority of the comments of car lovers and experts here, Jimny looks like a sure fire flop. Not sure though. Cars that car lovers love here have never sold much, may be people at large dont like the advice of experts. :- :-), Endeavour, VW, Skoda , Ford cars and so on.
One can also draw other important conclusions, Maruti chaps have done their research throughly, no wonder it covers the journey from benign neglect to such intense passion. Tomorrow will they do pricing based on our polls, not likely, but based on customer interests on forums like these. My guess is they have hit the sweet spot and its sales will be far far more from what Thar does. Tough to compare Suzuki engineering with Mahindra. Mahindra still have some distance to go.
Planning for a test drive, hope get the car for test and hope it is fun and comes in reasonable time. May end up buying.
neerajku is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 08:27   #411
BHPian

Have been following the Jimny speculations, 4-door development, leaks, unveiling, pricing guesses and the launch for a very long time now. While I agree the pricing is a little absurd but there are two key points:

1. Even if it were priced a couple of lakhs less, the Jimny wouldn't have fit into most people's lives anyway. It's a 4x4 utility vehicle which is a little more liveable compared to the Thar or Gurkha. Why would someone buy it and use it as a "passenger car" when there are much better suited vehicles available in the market is beyond me; assuming this wouldn't be any fun to drive on tarmac and in city traffic. For the occasional tourers and wanderers, I believe a Grand Vitara AWD would be a more sensible (read: family oriented) choice given the creature comforts it packs. Prospective buyers of crossover-SUV cars in this price bracket didn't really put Jimny into their contentions, I believe.

2. The car has a lot of shortcomings if you see it with the perspective of or compare it with other "cars" in the market. For someone looking to toy with a 4x4 has only the Thar and Gurkha to compare this with which are both more expensive and less liveable in routine life. Jimny is smaller, you say? Well, it's a plus point off the road I think where it'll easily chug along and fit through tighter trenches and narrow pathways. It has the capability of making its own way where there seems to be none and the lighter weight should help its cause!

To the people who'd booked it and are now cancelling, no offence intended, have you even driven the vehicle yet? I'd like to know what use case had you planned for it which the current launch price is going to affect? IMO, the ones who want it will still get it and probably would forget about the extra bucks once they're off the grid with it. For others who need a new SUV (I know the itch!), should either get it for the novelty of it or look to get home a usual 4x2 SUV which still would go to 75% of the places the Jimny might take you and those will definitely be more comfortable (and spacious) than a Jimny would ever be.

MSIL has really been testing the waters in recent times with their pricing strategy. The Fronx is easily 1.00 - 1.50 lakhs overpriced for what it offers with its turbo variants. I haven't booked the Jimny and probably do not even plan to do so but I am sure if I had a "hobby-car" fund built up, I might have seriously considered the Jimny over a Thar. Eager to see how the Jimny fares in the market and if they eventually plan to oust a 4x2 version of it in the coming years. I'm assuming it'll sell about 2500 - 3000 pieces a month and be a niche product instead of being a mass success which even MSIL wouldn't have projected it to.
sunejarahul is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 08:55   #412
BHPian

Hi there,

Many members have claimed that the Jimny is overpriced, and on the other hand, quite a few have expressed disbelief in these claims.

Well here's my opinion (and huge disappointment). I expected a lower price band across the variants because all I see in the Jimny is a basic vehicle that is best suited for use as a utility 4WD and a go anywhere personal daily driver for someone who likes rough n tough things. I do not see this as a family vehicle or a comfy mile muncher at all. Enthusiasts can without doubt greatly modify it for real hardcore offroading, but how many of us will do that ?!

I do agree that after the Wrangler Rubicon, the Jimny is the best in the class in India, and somewhere around the top five in other markets. But an important thing to note is that a quite a few buyers will like the fun characteristics of the Jimny in the beginning. That interest will however wear off once they start missing the creature comforts of normal cars (especially in the case of people with just one vehicle). And that will be just about the time when Jimny's will start popping up in the classifieds.

From my point of view Maruti already has a great allrounder at a justifiable price, the Grand Vitara AWD. So, I just can't understand accepting such high prices for a simple vehicle unless off course, one has a lot of surplus cash lying around. For me unfortunately, this is not at all a value for money proposition. And about cancelling bookings on a whim, I already tried to do that online, but couldn't. So I will shortly visit the Nexa dealership to tie up that loose end. Afterall, just like MSIL has the right to showcase their product as "PREMIUM", I too have the right to not give in to sense less pricing.

Cheers.
aravind422 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 08:57   #413
BHPian

Walkaround video of Jimny Zeta in Bluish Black color. God, it's tempting!
Those steelies look macho.

Sherlocked is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 09:00   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
But its hard to save money on this deal and be happy - no matter what, just look at them side by side.
There is no question about saving money with either of these vehicles. They are lifestyle vehicles more than anything else. 9 out of 10 times, they will be seen on-road more than off-road.

The Jimny is like a perfect soccer mom-dad ride. Get one of those bright colors and you'll stand out on the road. They look brilliant when kitted out too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Runs forever with basic maintenance, while providing better performance and lower running costs.
With the diesel sure. The turbo petrol motor is still a relatively new engine.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 8th June 2023 at 09:06.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 09:09   #415
BHPian

Lol, imagine paying a little under 19 lakhs for what is essentially the successor to the Gypsy.
createrkid is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 09:10   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Will these differences account for a whopping 550 kilos?
Does that not strike as a bit odd, assuming the base material grade for the chassis/ engine/ mechanical components would be similar?
Indian car manufacturers do not know how to make "lighter and durable" frame, body for the cars. And we tend to think heavier is better and safer.
RijuC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 09:19   #417
HTC
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Not sure if I have read it in the forum so far- can the Jimny be fitted with a snorkel kit ?
YES.
They have made provision for it aswell. No need to drill hole like before. Just remove a small panel on RHS and you are good to go about installing the snorkle.
HTC is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 09:20   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. I have seen this mentioned in a review video where you can remove a small body piece in the driver side corner of the hood. The reviewer mentioned that this can help avoid cutting of the body panel.
sammysossa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 09:21   #419
BHPian

I am not ashamed to state that I am reconsidering my decision to cancel the Jimny booking. Yes, I was about to cancel yesterday after the price reveal. Then, took a couple of steps back, took in some very fair comments here in this thread in justifying a Jimny. As mentioned earlier, I still feel, I would have been happier if it was priced 1L less across variants, but in reality it is not.

Will I consider a Thar - NO, due to its very poor fuel efficiency on P AT, 2 doors, ingress to rear seat, No boot, though it has powerful engines & better transmission. Jimny, on the other hand is compact, 4 people can comfortably sit, can stow few duffel bags, additional airbags for protection, may be add a roof carrier and all that. I might just use it as my single car starting in the next few years which would probably take care of all my needs, city runabouts, easy paced long drives to towns and hills, occasional off-roading etc.,

I am tilting towards continuing with my booking and take the car whenever it is allotted to me. I have booked a Granite Grey ZETA AT.

Swami
swami69 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 09:32   #420
BHPian

Jimny being officially launched at Nexa, GMS Road, Dehradun today at 4pm. Doonites can check it out. Don't know if it's available for test drives as yet.
dileep is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed