Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2023, 10:58   #601
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Maruti Jimny accessory packages priced from Rs 5,280

Maruti Suzuki recently launched the Jimny 5-door in the Indian market. The carmaker is also offering several accessories to spice up the off-roader.

Maruti Jimny Review-screenshot-20230612-105126.jpg

There are three accessory packages on offer: the Ultimate Lifestyle Collection costs Rs 5,280, while the Adventure Lifestyle Collection is priced at Rs 18,950. The Summit Seeker Collection costs Rs 28,190 and is only available with the manual version.

Maruti Jimny Review-screenshot-20230612-105201.jpg

The aforementioned accessory packages include several add-ons, including door cladding, body graphics, and metal finish garnish for the bumpers, fenders, ORVMs and bonnet.

Maruti Jimny Review-screenshot-20230612-105216.jpg

For the interior, customers get leatherette upholstery in dual-tone black and tan colour, tan grip cover, and floor mats with tread metal patterns.

Maruti Jimny Review-screenshot-20230612-105236.jpg

Besides the packages, customers can also purchase specific accessories of their choice at the dealer level.

Maruti Suzuki Jimny accessories list & prices:

• Body cover - Rs. 1,700 - Rs. 3,300
  • Spare wheel cover - Rs. 12,990
  • Roof carrier - Rs. 14,990 - Rs. 21,990
  • Front skid plate - Rs. 2,350
  • Door cladding - Rs. 3,699
  • Fender garnish - Rs. 1,150
  • Seat covers - Rs. 9,400
  • Fog lamps - Rs. 4,800
  • Mud flaps - Rs. 899
  • Door visor - Rs. 1,990
  • Floor and boot mats - Rs. 1,650 - Rs. 3,300
  • Window sunshade - Rs. 1,050
  • Illuminate door sill guard - Rs. 2,999
  • Grip cover - Rs. 390
  • Expedition tent - Rs. 6,999
  • Portable chair - Rs. 1,710
  • Portable table - Rs. 2,199
  • Sleeping bag - Rs. 1,200 - Rs. 3,299
  • Portable stove - Rs. 2,400
  • Umbrella - Rs. 899
  • Digger Shovel - Rs. 930
  • Multi-purpose knife - Rs. 479
  • Duct tape - Rs. 435
  • Rain Poncho - Rs. 749

Link to Team-BHP News
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Jimny Accessories Brochure pdf.pdf (5.41 MB, 672 views)

Last edited by TusharK : 12th June 2023 at 11:00.
TusharK is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 12:50   #602
BHPian

Saw the greenish (not sure what Maruti calls it) Jimny out on the road today and well the only thing that attracts your attention towards it, is the colour.

I was quite shocked at how puny this car looks on the road.
Definitely not the same road presence as the Thar.

Having said that, I still think the Jimny is quite fascinating in person. It's got a lot of character. But not sure how many people pick a car because it has character. The show off variety will definitely get a Thar and the hardcore off road variety will be tempted by the Gurkha.

Whoever was the fool who decided to make the Jimny a 5-door by spending so much money on the development deserves the boot. By making it a 5-door, Maruti has encouraged comparison with other soft-roaders and basically shot the Jimny in the foot. A 3-door Jimny could have played the niche card better.

It will be interesting to see how the sales pan out in the next couple of months.
veedub89 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 14:49   #603
BHPian

I saw the Jimny in person yesterday and absolutely loved it. However, I will be going ahead and canceling the booking for the Jimny.

The reason: I gotta be honest about my needs and the kind of person I am. Much too often, I have seen people trying hard to be someone they are not, and I felt I would fall into the list of pretenders:

1. Most Harley-Davidson-type motorcycle owners in India: most of these people just own the bikes, and hardly ever ride them.

2. Most DSLR owners: most of my friends/ family fall in this group, they have bought an extensive set of lenses as well, but now resort to smartphone photography on almost all occasions because they never were into photography.

3. Most Thar / Jimny / Gurkha owners: Again, I believe a lot of these people are mostly into just believing that they will live the adventurous life someday and are practicing for it by driving in the city.

nishsingh is offline   (60) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 14:55   #604
RDS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
Whoever was the fool who decided to make the Jimny a 5-door by spending so much money on the development deserves the boot. By making it a 5-door, Maruti has encouraged comparison with other soft-roaders and basically shot the Jimny in the foot. A 3-door Jimny could have played the niche card better.

It will be interesting to see how the sales pan out in the next couple of months.
Have we come so far that we only think in terms of extremes? These cliche statements, such as "deserves the boot" also tell what kind of culture we are trying to promote.

Many capable offroaders have 4/5 doors. If someone considered more practicality, why should that be taken so negatively? In fact, it is a positive.

These decisions happen at multiple levels, and the person who made the final decision has enough experience in the Indian market to understand all pros and cons.
Otherwise, why would Suzuki leadership invest so much? Irrespective of what one may think, they are smart people. They have maintained the top position for many years in India now.

Naturally, pricing will impact sales, but I don't think the practicality takes the niche away from the vehicle. If anything, it increases the chances of one considering the vehicle.

If one is sure to buy Jimny, that person will appreciate that he has more boot space, usable rear seats, 6 airbags, Auto-climate control, and other features as drives can be fairly long for reaching mountains, beaches, etc., in India + it allows Jimny to be used as city vehicle also. When we talk cities, please don't think of Delhi/Mumbai etc. only - also think of Manali, Hamta, Sethan, Almora, Ghats, etc.

All of this matters, depending on where you reside. I travel a fair bit - almost every alternate month, and 7 out of every 10 drives are to the Himalayas. I am considering a new car in the next 1-2 years, and Jimny is one of the top contenders - thanks to function and practicality! There - directly from a prospective buyer!!

Last edited by RDS : 12th June 2023 at 15:08. Reason: Grammatical Errors correction
RDS is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 15:16   #605
BHPian

Meanwhile for all the folks who are crying that the Jimny is overpriced.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...baby-pram.html (The latest and greatest from Aston Martin | A Baby Pram)
Neil Roy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 15:38   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishsingh View Post
3. Most Thar / Jimny / Gurkha owners: Again, I believe a lot of these people are mostly into just believing that they will live the adventurous life someday and are practicing for it by driving in the city.
Personally, the biggest 'adventure' Thar solves me is driving inside city (bad roads, autos, bikes and taxis...)
r_devakumar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 16:21   #607
Senior - BHPian

And she is home
Got Seat covers from the official accessory catalogue, waiting on few other items which arenít in stock including mudflaps and footmats

Posing with the another CSUV we got earlier this year; Both are 1.5😃
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img_9611.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_9584.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_9587.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_9586.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_9588.jpeg  

akshay4587 is offline   (145) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 16:38   #608
BHPian

As per multiple dealers near to my home town in Kerala, Jimny's "launch in Kerala" is supposed to happen on June 14th, so they don't have info on on-road price or any other details. If the launch happen on 14th, they expect the vehicles to be shipped from factory on June 24th or around and will take another 10 days to reach showroom and then another 1 week for RTO process. Been really patient with this whole launch drama but it seems it will be too late for me to get the vehicle and the enthusiasm hit a bit negative curve today.
GT145 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 17:28   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
And she is home
Got Seat covers from the official accessory catalogue
Congratulations. I hope you can drive it around and give us an honest feedback.

Interesting to see that the front seat covers are so designed that they do not cover the side of the seat which holds the Airbag.

Also the Jimny is not all that small as a lot of people have been ranting here. Standing next to the Taigun it looks pretty much there.

Last edited by dileep : 12th June 2023 at 17:30.
dileep is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 17:46   #610
BHPian

Checked the Jimmy in person yesterday, and the car is 'cute'. It possesses a lot of character and should be a fun car to own. I have been looking for a car to replace the Linea T-jet or to serve as a capable second car in the garage, one that would complement the T-jet. The key criteria were: (1) reliability, (2) a wide service network, (3) not being too boring, and (4) being under 25 lacs. Jimny ticks most of these boxes. I always wanted to own a Fiat Panda, and the Jimny seems to be the best option currently available. Thus, I decided to hold on to the booking. I should hopefully receive the car by the end of this month. Now, the anxious wait begins.
Biraj is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 17:50   #611
RDS
BHPian

Quote:
And she is home
Posing with the another CSUV we got earlier this year; Both are 1.5😃
Wow! Wow!! Congrats :-)
Looking forward to feedback, especially the automatic. How it drives, Revs at 100 KMPH cruising speed, is O/D off button usable enough to do quick overtakes on highways, Steering feedback, 4H/4L if you get a chance, and so on 😛

Thanks for the gorgeous first-hand pics!
RDS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 19:39   #612
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And she is home
Congratulations! First delivery on TBHP and lovely colour, do you want to wrap that front grill black? Or atleast the chrome bits to grey.

Looking forward to real world use review.
Jaggu is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 19:56   #613
BHPian

Quote:
And she is home
Congratulations Akshay, can I call this the world's first 5door Suzuki Jimny delivery?
Enjoy your ride.
Vinod_nair is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 20:02   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishsingh View Post
I saw the Jimny in person yesterday and absolutely loved it. However, I will be going ahead and canceling the booking for the Jimny.

The reason: I gotta be honest about my needs and the kind of person I am. Much too often, I have seen people trying hard to be someone they are not, and I felt I would fall into the list of pretenders:

1. Most Harley-Davidson-type motorcycle owners in India: most of these people just own the bikes, and hardly ever ride them.

2. Most DSLR owners: most of my friends/ family fall in this group, they have bought an extensive set of lenses as well, but now resort to smartphone photography on almost all occasions because they never were into photography.

Fully agree on this one and perfectly put.
While one can afford to waste money on DSLR, its a different matter when it comes to something as expensive as Cars.

I really think that people who are demanding 2wd Jimny should seriously consider other available options with much better package, handling and VFM offering, if all they need is 2wd car.
Jimny should be considered only as a modern version of Gypsy and not a family Crossover or a car. Just think if you need something boxy, small but tall designed purposeful 4x4 vehicle which can accommodate 4 with very basic confort and decent luggage space. Then only it will make sense. Else it will be a realisation of bad decision in few months down the line.

Also, IMHO, its a good proposal for those small family who want just one car in garage but also do adventure travel off to beaten path. Then its a perfect vehicle for them.

Last edited by offroad_maniac : 12th June 2023 at 20:12. Reason: Spell check
offroad_maniac is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 20:08   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by th2 View Post
Thanks for this! Looks like the 2H-4H-4L change process is much more involved in the Jimny. Suddenly (at the risk of offending true-blue offroaders), I am much more appreciative of the AWD system in my Forester. Press the clutch, engage low gear and you are good to go. We are considering the Jimny as the access "road" to our farm gets pretty washed out during the monsoons. Also, its small size helps. Looking forward to the TD to better understand this.
Don't ever feel that you're going to offend anyone (true blue off-roaders or not); most of the time it is the man behind the wheel that is the key in challenging situations and not the machine. I have personally seen some very capable machines with rear & front lockers struggle because the drivers were too overconfident and plain vanilla Wrangler Sport (low-range transfer case, no lockers) commandeered by seasoned drivers fly past these fancy machines.

Subaru's asymmetric AWD systems are legendary, providing traction to all driven wheels all the time not only between the front and rear axles but also left to right as and when required. I believe these systems are more than enough in all treacherous situations unless someone was doing technical rock crawling where even the so-called "pure" 4X4 systems can potentially fail.

For the kind of application that you've mentioned, Jimny fits the bill perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
There's been so much talk on turning radius on this thread. And see what is Maruti highlighting in their front full page ad

The first page attached itself has a grave error. They've mentioned less than 100 kmph for shifting instead of 10 kmph. Hope no one attempts that after reading the manual. Forget proof reading, no one seems to have vetted the transcript.
Although it seems a bit ambitious I see no reason why one cannot shift between 2H and 4H right up to the mentioned speed although I'm struggling to foresee a situation where this would be required unless of course, you were taking part in a rally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
This is specific to Gypsy.

I have been reliably informed by different well known rally drivers that they usually drive throughout loose patches or in the wet, in 4H.

And in dry dusty conditions in case they are driving in 2H they shift on the fly to 4H when travelling at 80kmph or more, especially when faced with a long curve or sharp turn on loose surfaces, so as to gain max traction.

But then, it is also true that these Rally Gypsys gearboxes and transfer cases tend to last no more than one or perhaps 2 rally seasons.
And you are absolutely right Mr Balan.

I was a Marshal in the last Himalayan Car Rally in 1990 ( yes, the only Indian car rally to ever become a serious contender to become part of the WRC) where I saw the likes of Farad Bhathena, Hari Singh, Nikhil Taneja & Major Kulbir Singh Chauhan (Indian Army & he came in 2nd overall) fly past me in their rally-prepared Gypsys in 4H.

Last edited by Vikram Arya : 12th June 2023 at 20:14. Reason: Addition of content
Vikram Arya is offline   (19) Thanks

Most Viewed