Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
  Search this Thread
461,180 views
Old 4th October 2023, 00:13   #166
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 100
Thanked: 80 Times
Re: Hyundai Exter Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashgo View Post
I shall post them post the delivery. I am getting the extended warranty and the SOT. I was told that there is only 4th year warranty offered on Exter for now. I am going for all possible protection covers as the model is new and the niggles could get covered in them should any major part fail in the future.
@flashgo Did you get your car? How was the delivery experience, what was the cost for insurance + extended warranty + SOT? Any accessories you got in addition? How's the car to drive in city?
m2maddy is offline  
Old 4th October 2023, 01:05   #167
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 40
Thanked: 53 Times
Re: Hyundai Exter Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2maddy View Post
@flashgo Did you get your car? How was the delivery experience, what was the cost for insurance + extended warranty + SOT? Any accessories you got in addition? How's the car to drive in city?
I got my car on Friday under the dramatic conditions of Bangalore bandh. The delivery experience was good and fast. I cannot comment completely as it was not a normal day and we had some strict timelines on taking the delivery of the car. The staff were very polite and were accommodating. We have been given a picture frame with a picture of us taking the delivery of the vehicle shortly after the event.

I have taken the insurance from outside and Tata AIG costed me INR 32k after getting Cibil hased discount. The process was completely online and easy enough. The extended warranty was only for the 4th year. I was told that it is available until 7 years and can be bought once this expires. I paid the catalogue price for the SOT. I have returned most of the basic accessories as I did not feel any worth in the pillows and the car care kit. I could not return the scuff plate as it was already affixed sans my permission. I see their worth now as they indeed protect the paint in the area. Apart from those, I have opted for the car cover at 2k INR, door visors at INR 1599, Mud flaps as they were not a part of the package at INR 350, The bumper protector at INR 1699. The bumper protectors feel premium and add to the look of the vehicle. The car cover seems reasonably priced as I was unable to find one in Amazon for a good price. they costed about INR 8k in total.

The drive is good. It doesn't corner like the Jazz but feels a little SUVish to me. Having said that, the drive on the straight line is really good. The suspension is better than my expectation from a vehicle at this price point. I drove it on the RV road and I did not feel the uneven concrete road much and the suspension felt supple. The pickup is decent enough for the vehicle of this weight (996 KG). I feel that there is a little hesitation in shifting from the 1st to 2nd and less from 2nd to 3rd. After 3rd, the shifts are seamless. Overall, the experience is far better than the test drive vehicle. The test drive car felt a lot jerky while shifting and the steering felt weirdly light too.
flashgo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 09:32   #168
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 100
Thanked: 80 Times
Re: Hyundai Exter Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashgo View Post
I got my car on Friday under the dramatic conditions of Bangalore bandh.
Thanks, quite the experience of the car delivery, do you feel the need for door cladding and boot mat accessory as well? What about suspension with all 4 seated, in some videos it showed almost touching the wheel hope it's not an issue.

Do we also need something like anti-rat cover as well?

Still waiting for my allocation here.
Any 3rd party accessories you bought like Dashcam, rear seat organizer..
m2maddy is offline  
Old 4th October 2023, 09:52   #169
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 71
Thanked: 48 Times
Re: Hyundai Exter Review

Post yesterday's news of Verna getting 5 stars in GNCAP, the one below regarding ADAS on entire lineup is great news for Hyundai and Indian automotive scene

https://gaadiwaadi.com/hyundai-exter...announced/amp/
Faramir is offline  
Old 4th October 2023, 13:15   #170
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 40
Thanked: 53 Times
Re: Hyundai Exter Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2maddy View Post
Thanks, quite the experience of the car delivery, do you feel the need for door cladding and boot mat accessory as well? What about suspension with all 4 seated, in some videos it showed almost touching the wheel hope it's not an issue.

Do we also need something like anti-rat cover as well?

Still waiting for my allocation here.
Any 3rd party accessories you bought like Dashcam, rear seat organizer..
I really considered the door cladding but have decided to wait and watch for now. The boot mat seems to be of good quality but I am thinking of going for an after market one if cheaper. I have only driven the vehicle with 2 adults and one child so far. Hence, cannot comment on the suspension yet. I think it won't be an issue at all. Any car would need under body protection but at the moment I don't think Hyundai is offering it as an accessory. For the rats, I think it is better to use the 3M rodent spray to effectively repel them.
flashgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 19:50   #171
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: World
Posts: 159
Thanked: 53 Times
Re: Hyundai Exter Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashgo View Post

The drive is good. It doesn't corner like the Jazz but feels a little SUVish to me. Having said that, the drive on the straight line is really good. The suspension is better than my expectation from a vehicle at this price point. I drove it on the RV road and I did not feel the uneven concrete road much and the suspension felt supple. The pickup is decent enough for the vehicle of this weight (996 KG). I feel that there is a little hesitation in shifting from the 1st to 2nd and less from 2nd to 3rd. After 3rd, the shifts are seamless. Overall, the experience is far better than the test drive vehicle. The test drive car felt a lot jerky while shifting and the steering felt weirdly light too.

Where did you find this figure ? Is this official number ?
wolf_lone is offline  
Old 4th October 2023, 22:10   #172
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 40
Thanked: 53 Times
Re: Hyundai Exter Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
Where did you find this figure ? Is this official number ?
I have found this in the documents that I have signed. I think it was in the registration document. It mentioned that the dry weight is 996 kilos and gross weight is about 1396 kilos if I remember correctly.
flashgo is offline  
Old 7th October 2023, 11:51   #173
BHPian
 
teknophobia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: WB/MH
Posts: 386
Thanked: 123 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Re: Hyundai Exter Review

Does anyone know the width of the alloys that come with the SX(O) variant? The oem tyres are Ceat and I would like to change them. Since I am considering changing them with slightly wider tyres from Apollo/Yokohama.

The problem is that is there is more than a 2% difference in size between 175/65 and 185/60, but I don't know if 195mm tyres will fit the OEM alloys.
teknophobia is offline  
Old 7th October 2023, 16:20   #174
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: Pune
Posts: 5
Thanked: Once
Re: Hyundai Exter Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defdrvfan View Post
Feels nice to put up my first post on teambhp.
Had a query about how waiting period works for Hyundai and is it the same in other cities as well.
I booked an Exter SX DT AMT on 7th aug at kothari Hyundai in Pune.
I was given a reference I'd for the booking but after that am just told they will get back once there is some update from Hyundai and they cannot call out any specific week/month , let aside date for delivery.

I have heard some other companies like Mahindra give end customers an app and exact date of delivery through it. Not sure why Hyundai can't give an appropriate week for the delivery. It's anyway understood that it will be approximate, but atleast will give some idea to the buyer.

Am bit confused till when am supposed to wait, or should I just start looking for other options (looking at sonet or fronx) if this wait is going to be on and on and on.

Just to close this comment logically, the day I posted this comment I also messaged the sales person my genuine thoughts that, since there is no definitive date coming up, am getting pushed by family to look for other options which can be availed earlier. He messaged back that he will look into it. And same evening he messaged that a model is allocated. Same version colour etc that was booked was available.
So initial quoted wait time was 4 months, got allotted in less than 2.
Will be collecting my delivery on next sunday.
Not really sure if it was an effect of the message or it got genuinely allotted on same day by chance..but so far so good, so no worries
Defdrvfan is offline  
Old 8th October 2023, 14:02   #175
Senior - BHPian
 
TusharK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Pune
Posts: 6,541
Thanked: 57,674 Times
Hyundai Exter bookings cross the 75,000 mark; production ramped up

Hyundai has received over 75,000 bookings for the Exter. With waiting periods reaching up to 9 months, the carmaker has decided to ramp up its production.

Hyundai Exter Review-2023_hyundai_exter_06.jpg

According to Hyundai, the top-spec variants of the Exter are witnessing a higher demand. Initially, the carmaker was building 6,000 units per month and has now increased this number to 8,000 units.

Hyundai's Chennai factory also serves export markets. Media reports suggest that the carmaker is now diverting some of the volumes meant for exports to cater to the domestic demand. Production capacity is likely to be increased further sometime next year.

The Exter was launched in July this year at a starting price of Rs 5.99 lakh (ex-showroom). It is available in 5 variants: EX, S, SX, SX(O) and SX(O) Connect.

Powering the Hyundai Exter is a 1.2-litre 4-cylinder petrol engine producing 83 BHP and 114 Nm when running on petrol. With CNG, the power drops to 69 BHP and 95.2 Nm. The petrol version of the SUV comes with the choice of either a 5-speed manual gearbox or an AMT, while the CNG variant gets the manual transmission as standard.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 09:49   #176
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: India
Posts: 748
Thanked: 4,952 Times
Re: Hyundai Exter Review

Nice strategy. Stop Introductory prices, give a good hike without much noise and then send out articles to all publications stating that we are ramping up production due to enormous demand. As per the article, they are increasing production by a whopping 33%!

Currently, in India, there is no one as good as a Hyundai when it comes to price hikes without any impact. Amazing marketing team
RaghuVis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 10:23   #177
Senior - BHPian
 
gadadhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,354
Thanked: 1,137 Times
Re: Hyundai Exter Review

My car rolls back slightly in inclines before the hold function kicks in, I end up engaging the handbrakes to avoid this. I thought it is normal behaviour in AMT, but since Exter is claiming the hold function, though of checking if others are also facing the same behaviour, or is it an issue that needs to be reported
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 17:41   #178
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5
Thanked: 12 Times
Re: Hyundai Exter Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
My car rolls back slightly in inclines before the hold function kicks in, I end up engaging the handbrakes to avoid this. I thought it is normal behaviour in AMT, but since Exter is claiming the hold function, though of checking if others are also facing the same behaviour, or is it an issue that needs to be reported
I checked this during my TD. The car was at > 30 degrees incline, and I was expecting some roll back since I had read your post here. However, the car remained stationary without even slight roll back. I believe someone else on this forum has reported a silimar experience. If you report your issue to Hyundai, please let us know how it goes.

I am awaiting delivery of my Exter SX AMT Ranger Khaki sometime next month.
TheZenGuy06 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 11:23   #179
Senior - BHPian
 
gadadhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,354
Thanked: 1,137 Times
Re: Hyundai Exter Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZenGuy06 View Post
I checked this during my TD. The car was at > 30 degrees incline, and I was expecting some roll back since I had read your post here. However, the car remained stationary without even slight roll back. I believe someone else on this forum has reported a silimar experience. If you report your issue to Hyundai, please let us know how it goes.

I am awaiting delivery of my Exter SX AMT Ranger Khaki sometime next month.
Thanks. Let me check this along with the first service which should be due in few weeks. I will keep the forum posted on the outcome.

Meanwhile the car has gone for some ceramic treatment

Last edited by gadadhar : 10th October 2023 at 11:25.
gadadhar is offline  
Old 10th October 2023, 12:01   #180
BHPian
 
itzvicky201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: KA03
Posts: 136
Thanked: 172 Times
Re: Hyundai Exter Review

One query on the inbuilt dash cam given in Hyundai Exeter.
does this support parking surveillance? Is it hard-wired to fuse and is the wiring visible?
itzvicky201 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks