Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2024, 00:56   #1636
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
Has anyone purchased sunshades curtains for the Honda Elevate? This is one of the biggest misses in the car I feel, that would have added a lot of value to the user. The blistering heat in Kerala is unrelenting - AC on full is not enough during peak times.

Any recommendations? Thanks
+1 to this request. And also any recommendations for a good neck rest?
Old 13th March 2024, 10:07   #1637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beez View Post
And also any recommendations for a good neck rest?
For neck rest, you can look at Frido neck pillows. I use them and find them pretty good. Found the prices on amazon higher than their own website.
noyes99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 14:53   #1638

How I Ended Up Buying the Honda Elevate Pearl White

In the vast landscape of car choices, finding the perfect match can feel like searching for a needle in a haystack. You weigh features, performance, comfort, and reliability, hoping to strike that elusive balance that fits your lifestyle. My journey to purchasing the Honda Elevate Pearl White was a meticulous process, driven by specific needs and preferences that evolved over time.

To give you some context, I was already a proud owner of a Hyundai i20 2013 and a Honda Jazz (V) MT 2017, which had served me well. However, as time passed, my requirements evolved. I craved a car with more power, ok space for my family ( 4 of us with a 4 year old), and above all, unwavering reliability akin to my beloved Jazz. Living in Bangalore, where road conditions can mimic the terrains of Ladakh at times, sturdy ground clearance was also a priority.

With a clear vision in mind, my quest began. The criteria were set: a dependable engine, good handling, safety features like six airbags and ESC, automatic transmission, sturdy build quality, attractive interior and exterior design, along with PRACTICAL features like tilt and telescopic steering. However, I was uninterested in extravagant features like, sunroof, electrical adustible seats, automatic wipers, auto this auto that perforated seats. I feel these features increase the cost of ownership when they go bad.

My exploration commenced with European options, such as the Taigun and Kushaq, but their narrow build and steep prices, coupled with concerns about DSG gearboxes, quickly eliminated them from contention. I somehow felt that they are overpriced, may be I am wrong but that was my feeling. 1.0L felt underpowered and the 1.5L TSI felt overpriced and risky for longterm.

The Korean contenders, including the Creta and Seltos, failed to impress with their interior designs and ride quality. Even the allure of the XUV 700's advanced electronics and the Scorpio N's ruggedness couldn't sway me. Somehow the XUV700 design was not to my taste ScorpioN's riding dynamics was not to my family's liking.

Then came the Tiguan, a marvel in its own right, but its price tag exceeded my budget. The car was "spot on" but some how I didnt have that much budget "Spot on".

It wasn't until I laid eyes on the Honda Elevate that things started to fall into place. Stepping inside, my wife and I shared a silent acknowledgment: "It feels like the Jazz." This familiarity sparked a debate: if it embodied the reliability and comfort of the Jazz, why not opt for it? As in either ways we had the same feeling of Taigun and Kushaq being narrower than the Jazz and Koreans were out of contention either ways.

A test drive sealed the deal, highlighting its appealing aesthetics, refined interior, commendable ride quality, and driver-friendly ergonomics. Sure, there were minor gripes, like the rear seat size and the absence of roof rails, but they were outweighed by its overall package.

Booking the Elevate Pearl White ZX CVT was a bittersweet moment, as it meant bidding farewell to my faithful Jazz, which had accompanied me on countless journeys with minimal hiccups. However, the excitement of a new adventure outweighed the nostalgia.

Taking delivery of my new car was just the beginning. Embarking on a road trip from Bhubaneswar to Bangalore, I discovered its exceptional comfort and ease of handling, even at moderate speeds. The Adaptive Cruise Control added a layer of convenience, although it required some adjustment.

As I settled into life with the Elevate, I came to realize its subtle nuances and enhanced comfort compared to the Jazz. Despite initial skepticism, it proved to be a worthy successor, offering reliability, smoothness, and ease of ownership—all within my budget.

To fellow Jazz owners considering the transition, I offer this advice: give it time. The Elevate may seem familiar at first glance, but its nuances reveal themselves over time, offering a driving experience that surpasses expectations.

In conclusion, my purchase of the Honda Elevate Pearl White was not just a transaction; it was a culmination of thoughtful consideration and a desire for a vehicle that seamlessly integrates into my life.

Some stills from the 1450kms ride

Honda Elevate Review-screenshot-20240313-14.49.38.png

Honda Elevate Review-screenshot-20240313-14.50.05.png

Deserved a wash after the long dusty ride

Honda Elevate Review-fbaf2184aa114ee294ca7788cbe44130.jpg

1st Service the very next day

Honda Elevate Review-img_4686.jpg
sibaprasadbeher is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 21:46   #1639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibaprasadbeher View Post
...Booking the Elevate Pearl White ZX CVT was a bittersweet moment, as it meant bidding farewell to my faithful Jazz, which had accompanied me on countless journeys with minimal hiccups.....
Congratulations on your purchase! Sensible choice, I must say. Quick question -
why did you decide to part ways with the 2017 Jazz instead of the 2013 Hyundai i20?
sam264_2000 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 14:14   #1640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
Has anyone purchased sunshades curtains for the Honda Elevate? This is one of the biggest misses in the car I feel, that would have added a lot of value to the user. The blistering heat in Kerala is unrelenting - AC on full is not enough during peak times.

Saw quite a few on Amazon but would prefer first hand user feedback.

https://www.amazon.in/3D-FIX-Non-Magnetic-Shade-Curtains-Elevate/dp/B0CJHVPJHV

Any recommendations? Thanks
Good choice! Got these, after having the magnetic ones do duty on my Jazz for 8 years. And these are perfect. The smallest ones (rear quarter glass) are a bit tight, and the kids complained about the dark, so removed them. No nuisance of mis-aligned magnets, and zippers. These stay firmly inserted, while being readily removable, from the inside.
We already had the rear windscreen from Able installed (https://amzn.eu/d/b2XDkZz), and they are brilliant in cutting out headlights. They all come in a handy pouch, so you can remove them during service!
One observation, the material on the rear windshield seems more delicate and porous. The window ones cut quite a bit more light, so visibility may be compromised for some first time users.
Juggy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 15:12   #1641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
Good choice! Got these, after having the magnetic ones do duty on my Jazz for 8 years. And these are perfect. The smallest ones (rear quarter glass) are a bit tight, and the kids complained about the dark, so removed them. No nuisance of mis-aligned magnets, and zippers. These stay firmly inserted, while being readily removable, from the inside.
We already had the rear windscreen from Able installed (https://amzn.eu/d/b2XDkZz), and they are brilliant in cutting out headlights. They all come in a handy pouch, so you can remove them during service!
One observation, the material on the rear windshield seems more delicate and porous. The window ones cut quite a bit more light, so visibility may be compromised for some first time users.
Excellent...thanks. Just the right feedback I was looking for. For the money, I would definitely give it a try. Wasnt really thinking of covering the rear windshield, until you raised it. Will consider that too.
Old 15th March 2024, 08:48   #1642

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
Congratulations on your purchase! Sensible choice, I must say. Quick question -
why did you decide to part ways with the 2017 Jazz instead of the 2013 Hyundai i20?
Actually, we wanted to sell both cars. For the i20, I got a quote of 1.5L :(. For the Jazz, I got a quote of 4.6L. Since the i20 was mostly used by my Papa in my hometown, and we occasionally used it for travel, selling it meant buying two new cars – one for Bangalore and one for Bhubaneswar. Anything similar in size to the i20 Sportz costs upwards of 8L now. We decided it wasn't worth it, so we'll keep the i20 until the end of its 15-year registration period. It'll be useful when my parents visit. We might replace it later. Basically, the ROI on the Jazz was way higher than the i20.
sibaprasadbeher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 12:24   #1643
BHPian

Rubber protection on a white car really kills the looks.
venukrithish is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 12:37   #1644

Quote:
Originally Posted by venukrithish View Post
Rubber protection on a white car really kills the looks.
Even though I didn't want to, I knew that in Bangalore, some scooty or Dio would inevitably hit me, and it would be more painful than this.
sibaprasadbeher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 16:02   #1645

An underrated car in a real sense. Great suspension, spacious, decent equipment and bulletproof albeit dull engine. If only this car had better sound insulation and ventilated seats, this could have been so much desirable.
vids2590 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 19:21   #1646
BHPian

For too long, folks have waited to get that sweet 1.5 from the City in a crossover form factor. The BR-V was the first, but the Mobilio had crashed the party first and Honda could not shake it off from the BR-V. Though it had it's strengths, the BR-V never took off in the face of strong competition from the Creta, and later it was discontinued.

Well, the wait is over and we have the new Elevate which brings the City's engine and CVT gearbox once more. The big squarish front has it's own unique identity, and you are unlikely to mistake this for any other vehicle. But somewhere it looks a little too compact, and has an uncanny resemblance to the Magnite from the side profile.

Inside, the seats are comfortable, there is a nice tan theme (on the higher variants only) and it is certainly airy and full of light unlike the swooping constricted interiors we see nowadays. But I didn't like the hard plastics throughout, plus some switches are damn cheap.

The rear seats are really nice and comfortable too, but the rear armrest slopes down at an uncomfortable angle too much. The middle seat has a rather pronounced hump. And the boot is quite large too.

The sunroof was small but felt adequate for the driver. The quality is infinitely better than the mosquito net of the Hyrider / Grand Vitara.

Both the gear shifter and handbrake could have been presented better, in keeping with the rest of the interiors. Here, I thought they looked rather ordinary.

On the go, the steering felt nice and communicative, but the engine was slightly vocal when I gave it full throttle. The suspension felt very good in controlling bad patches of road. Also, in tight gaps, the Elevate can nudge in where a bigger car would balk at. Plus, you can see the flat bonnet which is helpful.

At the end of my test drive, I was rather happy with it overall, especially given the great pricing that they have offered, and the typical Honda reliability. Yes, I wish it was a little more plush, because you only have to step into the Honda City to see the differences (complete with electronic parking brake, hybrid-petrol engine, the works).

Maybe that true Honda City crossover is yet to come in a plush form later.
SithDefender is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2024, 16:28   #1647
BHPian

Our 2017 S-Cross Sigma with the 1.3L MJD engine has been replaced by a golden brown Honda Elevate ZX CVT in October 2023. The replacement was occasioned by the fact, primarily, that my father was getting tired of driving a manual around town on a daily basis. Our garage, therefore, makes me happy now; this Elevate and the XUV300 TurboSport (I’ve written about that here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5467061 (Mahindra XUV300 TurboSport | Ownership Review)).

Here's what I think of the Elevate.
  1. The much-marketed lane watch camera is useful, but really isn’t as useful as you think it might be. The number of use cases are too few – going close around a kerb/ footpath, changing lanes in particular circumstances, and some kinds of parallel parking. However, in the parallel parking, it doesn’t come on automatically and I haven’t actually tried using it, because the reverse camera is on mostly. In the darkness, the lane watch camera doesn’t deal very well with head lights and you see more glare than video. We picked the ZX for the 6 airbags, and this is a nice feature to have which I’d have been happy without. The reverse camera is satisfactory.

2. Considering that I do most of my driving on a really torquey small-capacity turbo petrol, it took me a bit to understand that the 1.5 i-Vtec isn’t as sensitive in terms of fuel efficiency to driving style. If you don’t understand this, you tend not to get the most out of the engine, particularly with the CVT gearbox, and begin to believe that the engine simply lacks torque in the bottom and middle. If you manipulate throttle inputs just right, with a firm but not too firm beginning from standstill, to later ease out on it as the car picks up speed, the pull will surprise you. It isn’t exciting and doesn’t give you a kick in the pants or anything, but it is more than sufficient for normal conditions. Mated to the CVT, this isn’t an enthusiast’s choice at all. The i-Vtec’s zone is said to be in the top, but I don’t see us using that often. To get about the city, it is good enough.

3. Having said all that, fuel efficiency in choc-a-block Bengaluru traffic is disappointing at about 8.5-10 kmpl with the AC on and the vehicle on at all signals. But this is the worst of Bengaluru traffic. On the highway, cruising at about 100-110, I got about 15 kmpl.
  4. There is an abstract sense of comfort about the whole experience of the car. My father, who is the primary driver of the car, took a few months to get used to our S-Cross in 2017, and then would whine about it a bit throughout its life. The S-Cross isn’t that hard a car to get used to. In the Elevate, however, he took only 10 minutes to get used to it and praised its comfort immediately. I call this comfort abstract because it isn’t clearly attributable to any one dimension of the car: It is remarkably easy to drive and doesn’t demand too much attention, the ergonomics are great and everything is exactly where your hands expect them to be, the aesthetics of the interiors are calming, and the car just generally makes you breathe slower, which is a good thing. It isn’t quirky in any way and doesn’t require you to get used to it. It is just as it should be; it seems to adjust to you and doesn’t expect the opposite.

5. The telescopic steering adjustment is available more in form than in substance. It simply doesn’t have enough range.

6. As others have pointed out, the front passenger footwell doesn’t have enough flat ground before the incline for the wheel well, the front passenger seat is too low, and under-thigh support is hopelessly insufficient on both front seats. While some have complained about too much lumbar support on the front seats, as a rather thin man with a history of some problems with my spine, I am very happy with it.

7. The official review describes the suspension as being soft with a firm edge, and I fully agree. It is extremely good at handling potholes and bumps but does certainly have an undertone of firmness. I think the ride-handling balance is about as good as you can expect from a car of these dimensions. There is body roll (markedly more than in the XUV300 TurboSport) but I suppose the two cars have different use-cases and philosophies. I like the steering.

8. The dark golden brown colour is a dust magnet, but looks fantastic. It seems like it is more than one colour,

9. There are some disappointing things. First, there is now a light sound from some vibration in the dashboard when the vehicle is at idle. Second, cabin insulation is simply not sufficient. It is true that the engine is extremely refined. However, at higher speeds on the highway, tyre/ road noise can get annoying. Vibration and harshness are, however, sufficiently contained. Third, the rear armrest doesn’t get a flap with which to pull it out of its slot. Fourth, the child lock seems to get on rather easily. I think it gets on almost every time our car is cleaned.

10. The sales experience was reasonably good. We bought our car from Dakshin Honda, Lavelle Road, Bengaluru. Our SA was Shri Farhan. We made the booking online on the first day early in July. The vehicle was ready for delivery in early/ mid October. We chose not to take delivery then because of pitru paksha/ mahalaya paksham, and ultimately took delivery in late October. Did a PDI, and Dakshin Honda was extremely co-operative with that. There were no hassles. The PDI went off very well. The car had only single-digit kilometres on the odometer then. Shri Farhan also has been extremely helpful. He has never dodged a phone call, never lost his patience at our persistent questions, seemed always available, and remained co-operative with us much after the delivery until he ensured we received our RC a few days ago. Dakshin Honda sold us a PayTM FasTag and he is now helping us out by changing to a different provider consequent to the muck PayTM finds itself in. The only time he tried something dodgy was to ask us for full payment in advance if we wanted a cancelled booking’s car to be allotted to us. We didn’t agree because we refused to pay in full before the PDI. To be fair to him, he didn’t persuade us any further. However, we promptly got a car allotted to us the next week. So, I wonder what was going on there. We paid ₹2 lakh before the PDI. Overall, a good experience.

11. Service is, of course, through Wheels Wisdom. I have nothing but nice things to say about them. After the first service, the folks at Whitefield Honda put a sticker on the car that is rather impossible to get off. I have no idea why they did this, and it doesn’t seem appropriate at all. Wheels Wisdom told me that it was to indicate that work was complete. I don’t find that a satisfactory explanation to do that. Here’s a picture of that sticker:

Honda Elevate Review-20240316-16.25.17.jpg

12. As to missing features, I really think they should have offered TPMS with the car. Honda charges I think about ₹12,500 for that as an accessory which is clearly overpriced. The daschcam is also a single channel camera with no dual channel option.

13. I know that the Koreans are probably better at this, but I think the touch and feel of materials inside the cabin is, overall, very good. I like the brown theme and entirely appreciate all the aesthetic choices that Honda has made here. One day, I was searching for something I had dropped in the driver’s footwell and was pleasantly surprised by lighting in the footwells – a nice touch. I also really love the design and usability of the instrument cluster.

14. The ADAS features are annoying. I haven’t figured out if I can use cruise control without the adaptive bit yet. The adaptive cruise control is extremely defensive in that it leaves too large a gap between you and the car in front of you. It is also extremely aggressive in its braking and acceleration. The lane keep assist is a useful feature, but the lane departure warning system can get annoying if you want to weave through traffic on the highways (which, I suppose, you shouldn’t be doing). Collision mitigation braking is an annoyance within the city, but I would rather have it on. I now understand why people complain about the absence of that one button (as in the City e:HEV) to turn of the ADAS features.

15. Visibility is outstanding, particularly on the front. Permits precise manoeuvres and is confidence-inspiring. Makes parking easy.

16. Overall, it is a Honda. Nothing remarkable, nothing wrong. It is doing well. Close to 3,000 kms thus far.

Last edited by naadopaasaka : 16th March 2024 at 16:29. Reason: Forgot to insert a link.
naadopaasaka is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 16th March 2024, 23:03   #1648

Took delivery for a Silver Honda Elevate V-MT from Ring Road Honda Gurgaon 2 days ago.

I replaced a 2016 Honda Jazz SV MT Petrol with this. I also have a 2021 4th gen Honda City SV - MT.

I got dealer fitted mud flaps and fog lights. The fog lamp in this model V is operated by a switch on the right side of the steering wheel and not on the turn stalk.

Then I drove it to my tyre dealer and replaced the 4 goodyears with 4 continental UC6s. This has made the ride much quieter and smoother. Did not get aftermarket alloys as I couldn't find any with same hub diameter as Honda (64.1mm).

The real reason for me to take the V over VX was an additional 1.5" - 2" of headspace you get by deleting the sunroof. I am 6' 2" so the additional headroom helps a lot.

My initial observations:

1) The Elevate engine revs a bit smoother than the City's. (This one is DOHC. 4th gen City is SOHC).
2) The gearing ratios are closer in Elevate and that makes the car pull harder in gears. I can't take it beyond 3k rpm till 1000km buts it's hard since it revs so freely.
3) The engine is as silent as the one in the city. And with decent music volume, you can't really tell that you have reached 5k rpm at times (unless you look at the rev meter).
4) The bonnet view makes you think its a much bigger vehicle than it is

Looking forward to opening the engine up after first service.

I will get the interior done in a grey leatherette material and will post pics later. Also thinking for replacing the stock speakers with Infinity Primus or Reference.

One question: Does any body know the specs of the Head Unit? I am looking for the # of channels and RMS wattage per channel driven by the HU.
hondadriver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 11:55   #1649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibaprasadbeher View Post
How I Ended Up Buying the Honda Elevate Pearl White

Congrats on the new car. I believe its a good choice.

When suggesting a car for my relative at this budget, after contemplating between Honda Elevate top end, Seltos IVT and MG Astor CVT, we ended up with Seltos.

None of these cars have punchy driving like a DCT or Torque. But are excellent for relaxed driving.

Among the shortlist, the MG Astor seemed to offer a compelling value proposition, with nearly every conceivable feature covered. The 2024 version, now loaded with ventilated seats and a 360-degree camera, takes it ahead of the competition. Besides, the Sangria color interiors are just too lovely and distinct. The material finishes like the full soft-touch dashboard by MG always make it the rightful premium car. But ofcourse, I always find the AI assistant device is out of place and breaks the beauty of the dashboard. I'm left wondering why MG opted to retain it in the facelift, especially when integrating it into the infotainment system would suffice. Nonetheless, the lower real-world mileage which comes with such a heavy-weight car turned out to be a dealbreaker for my cousin.

The next option we considered was the Honda Elevate, but its front design proved to be quite polarizing. Neither of us were particularly fond of the Elevate's front appearance in person. While I've always felt that the Seltos' face is somewhat overdesigned, upon comparison, we, including family members, unanimously agreed that the Kia looked better. This sentiment extends to the interiors as well. The elongated infotainment display in the Seltos is undeniably superior to the floating model in the Elevate, which tends to obstruct the clear view to some extent.

Given my relative's preference for city driving, front parking sensors emerged as more useful than advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS). Although the Kia boasts a longer features list including traction control, multi-drive modes, dual-zone AC, TPMS, and sunshade curtains, the inclusion of all-disc brakes proved to be particularly useful. However, it falls short in terms of a wireless charger and compatibility with Android Auto/Apple CarPlay.

In the end, the decision landed on Kia. I had the pleasure of being present throughout the entire delivery process, assisting my cousin every step of the way. Additionally, I had the opportunity to take the wheel on the car's inaugural drive following the delivery (Given that it was a new car and bigger in size for him, my cousin was hesitant to risk any scratches before he gets used to its size). The delivery process itself was exceptionally smooth, reminiscent of the experience I've had with Hyundai over the past many years (The quality of service provided by Hyundai is something that cannot be overlooked when considering car ownership).

About my experience with the drive, although I did not attempt to test its full potential, I however found the engine to be remarkably refined and smooth. The suspension and NVH were acceptable, contributing to a comfortable ride. The absence of a 360-degree camera, even as an optional accessory, was disappointing. While this feature may not be essential for most experienced drivers, I couldn't help but feel its utility, particularly given the condition of our road edges, especially when navigating street-level parking.

In the end I believe all the 3 cars have their own pros and cons, that can serve to individuals as per their needs. Elevate is still a great deal and I heard it gets 10-year warranty, which is an excellent offer. I personally think a slight sporty touch for its front facia could make it standout among others.
nhkvarma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 18:11   #1650

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhkvarma View Post
Congrats on the new car. I believe its a good choice.
Thank you. Physical appearance didn't hold much weight for me, as it's subjective. While some may find the Creta appealing, I personally didn't resonate with its aesthetics. I prefer a straightforward approach to car ownership—reliable engine, modest design, solid construction, safety, and hassle-free maintenance. Although this car may lack some of the flashy features offered by Korean models, I wasn't particularly drawn to those. Having experienced issues with a previous i20( broken steering shaft, engine oil leak, brake cylinder failure what not ) despite its abundance of features at its time. I long for a vehicle like the Ecosport. In my opinion, it remains the top SUV in its class and even surpasses the competition.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th March 2024 at 18:39. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please quote selectively as a large quoted post inconveniences small screen users. Thanks!
sibaprasadbeher is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed