Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2024, 21:02   #1651
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Honda Elevate Review

For TPMS, i would suggest to go dor JK Treel. Have it with wireless display at 5k for 5 tyre sensors and display. Works seamlessly. Can also work with phone app but app needs to run in background for real time alerts. In HUD its awesome. Will do the job.
Old 18th March 2024, 21:12   #1652
BANNED

Then I drove it to my tyre dealer and replaced the 4 goodyears with 4 continental UC6s. This has made the ride much quieter and smoother. Did not get aftermarket alloys as I couldn't find any with same hub diameter as Honda (64.1mm).

The real reason for me to take the V over VX was an additional 1.5" - 2" of headspace you get by deleting the sunroof. I am 6' 2" so the additional headroom helps a lot.

My initial observations:

1) The Elevate engine revs a bit smoother than the City's. (This one is DOHC. 4th gen City is SOHC).
2) The gearing ratios are closer in Elevate and that makes the car pull harder in gears. I can't take it beyond 3k rpm till 1000km buts it's hard since it revs so freely.
3) The engine is as silent as the one in the city. And with decent music volume, you can't really tell that you have reached 5k rpm at times (unless you look at the rev meter).
4) The bonnet view makes you think its a much bigger vehicle than it is

Looking forward to opening the engine up after first service.

I will get the interior done in a grey leatherette material and will post pics later. Also thinking for replacing the stock speakers with Infinity Primus or Reference.

One question: Does any body know the specs of the Head Unit? I am looking for the # of channels and RMS wattage per channel driven by the HU.[/quote]

Congrats man. I also have a V CVT and wanted to upgrade my interior. I checked with my seat guy after seeing wrap interior on internet. He clearly told me it will peel off after a year from few places. He was strongly against it and ready to let go his business. Later he suggested me to get that painted. I did it with light tan color seat fabric and paint on dahsboard and door pads. Its looking awesome and maintenance free.

I also got the pathetic stock spakers replaced with focal components and sub woofer with amplifier as bass of focal is not sufficient. Have heard good reviews of infinity. Local dealer will force to go for amplifier but try without it. Only if you are not satisfied, you can add amplifier.
positivemks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 12:21   #1653
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadriver View Post

Then I drove it to my tyre dealer and replaced the 4 goodyears with 4 continental UC6s. This has made the ride much quieter and smoother. Did not get aftermarket alloys as I couldn't find any with same hub diameter as Honda (64.1mm).
Did you find the tyre noise reduced on the UC ? I find the car super silent in city but on highways its noisy as hell at 70+ speeds. Insulation is poor. Did the UC help ? I see that you immediately changed tyres after delivery, so were you able to make any comparisons ? And how much did you pay in total for exchange ?

I did go with New wheels - Pulse alloys. They look awesome. Attaching pics. Got it for 32.5K with fitment. Attaching pics. Also added roof rails later on.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Review-whatsapp-image-20231228-16.16.58_2b2b185c.jpg  

Honda Elevate Review-whatsapp-image-20231228-16.16.58_ed968061.jpg  

positivemks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 12:23   #1654
BANNED

Quote:
T
I will get the interior done in a grey leatherette material and will post pics later. Also thinking for replacing the stock speakers with Infinity Primus or Reference.

One question: Does any body know the specs of the Head Unit? I am looking for the # of channels and RMS wattage per channel driven by the HU.
Congrats man. I also have a V CVT and wanted to upgrade my interior. I checked with my seat guy after seeing wrap interior on internet. He clearly told me it will peel off after a year from few places. He was strongly against it and ready to let go his business. Later he suggested me to get that painted. I did it with light tan color seat fabric and paint on dahsboard and door pads. Its looking awesome and maintenance free.

I also got the pathetic stock speakers replaced with focal components and sub woofer with amplifier as bass of focal is not sufficient. Have heard good reviews of infinity. Local dealer will force to go for amplifier but try without it. Only if you are not satisfied, you can add amplifier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naadopaasaka View Post
[*]As to missing features, I really think they should have offered TPMS with the car. Honda charges I think about ₹12,500 for that as an accessory which is clearly overpriced. The daschcam is also a single channel camera with no dual channel option.
[/list]
For TPMS, i would suggest to go for JK Treel. Have it with wireless display at 5k for 5 tyre sensors and display. Works seamlessly. Can also work with phone app but app needs to run in background for real time alerts. In HUD its awesome. Will do the job.

Last edited by KarthikK : 19th March 2024 at 12:27. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks!
positivemks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 12:29   #1655
BANNED

Can anyone tell a good solution to increase insulation ? I'm fully satisfied with the car performance, but totally disappointed with the tyre/wind noise that creeps in on highways at 70+ speeds. I assume it is not just Goodyear tyres in V model. The top model having Bridgestone tyres face same problems. No trial and error but would prefer something already proven. I also heard someone saying the new tyres have hard rubber and make more noise until few thousand kms. I don't know if that is true.

Last edited by KarthikK : 19th March 2024 at 12:41. Reason: Minor formatting corrections
Old 19th March 2024, 12:51   #1656
BHPian

I am a new driver who bought Elevate. I got into a habit of using blind view monitor exclusively for checking left side traffic instead of ORVM. Is this a bad habit? Any pitfalls?. I faced following issues till now but i have been okay with them.

1. In rain, it gave distorted images
2. In night time, it is not as good as mirror and judging distances has been harder.
3. When using maps and switching between displays, it has been a hassle.

I am not sure if this is right thread to post this. please move this to any other relelvant thread, if needed.
Old 19th March 2024, 13:31   #1657
BHPian

You are better off using the rear view mirror. You don’t want to give away your driving instincts to technology like this, especially as a new driver.

Let us say the camera lens is dirty, the camera malfunctions, your camera lens on irvm is damaged etc. Anything can happen on the road. You would ideally not want to lose that instinct of checking the rear view mirrors to a piece of technology like this.

Sure, it is a useful feature, (this will sound strange) but only if you already have the right instinct to check for traffic on your mirrors before making lane change or turning manoeuvers.

Last edited by SixPistons : 19th March 2024 at 13:33.
SixPistons is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 15:21   #1658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud153 View Post
I got into a habit of using blind view monitor exclusively for checking left side traffic instead of ORVM.
That's not good at all. To add to the points @SixPistons said, you'll struggle whenever you drive a car that does not have that feature. It's always best to master the really basic skills of driving (which includes spatial awareness) before starting to rely on additional features.
sravankrishnan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 16:31   #1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivemks View Post

I also got the pathetic stock speakers replaced with focal components and sub woofer with amplifier as bass of focal is not sufficient. Have heard good reviews of infinity. Local dealer will force to go for amplifier but try without it. Only if you are not satisfied, you can add amplifier.
Thanks @positivemks. I will talk to my car interiors guy (He has done up 5 of my family's cars so far since 2006 so I trust him) and take the call on wrap interior. Can you post some pics of your dashboard after the paint treatment.

I am not thinking of changing the head unit. Just changing the speakers to high sensitivity units make a huge difference. I did the same in my 2 old Honda city cars. That is ample for my musical tastes

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivemks View Post
Did you find the tyre noise reduced on the UC ? I find the car super silent in city but on highways its noisy as hell at 70+ speeds. Insulation is poor. Did the UC help ? I see that you immediately changed tyres after delivery, so were you able to make any comparisons ? And how much did you pay in total for exchange ?

I did go with New wheels - Pulse alloys. They look awesome. Attaching pics. Got it for 32.5K with fitment. Attaching pics. Also added roof rails later on.
Continental UltraContact UC6's are the quietest of the tyres I have ridden. More than Michelins and Bridgestones. And definitely better than Goodyears.

I have driven the car until 110kph straight after getting the UltraContact UC6s and I did find a considerable difference in the road noise.

I paid 14.6k to exchange 4 Goodyear stocks with 4 Continental UC6s.

I did consider the Pulse wheels but finally decided against any non-OEM alloys because the hub diameter for Hondas is 64.1mm and the Pulses were 67.x mm I think. And getting a hub ring with this minuscule a difference is a challenge. When Honda starts selling the OEM alloys at a good price, then I will make the change

Last edited by Eddy : 5th April 2024 at 23:39. Reason: Merged
Old 19th March 2024, 17:06   #1660
BHPian

I heard some say that a facelift is also due later this year. Any news on that??
Old 19th March 2024, 19:56   #1661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPistons View Post
You are better off using the rear view mirror. You donít want to give away your driving instincts to technology like this, especially as a new driver.

Let us say the camera lens is dirty, the camera malfunctions, your camera lens on irvm is damaged etc. Anything can happen on the road. You would ideally not want to lose that instinct of checking the rear view mirrors to a piece of technology like this.

Sure, it is a useful feature, (this will sound strange) but only if you already have the right instinct to check for traffic on your mirrors before making lane change or turning manoeuvers.
Thanks for inputs. It has been really assuring to see the view on bigger screen right next to me, without turning head a lot. Got the point though, will try to avoid it slowly.
sud153 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 15:27   #1662
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks @positivemks. I will talk to my car interiors guy (He has done up 5 of my family's cars so far since 2006 so I trust him) and take the call on wrap interior. Can you post some pics of your dashboard after the paint treatment.

I am not thinking of changing the head unit. Just changing the speakers to high sensitivity units make a huge difference. I did the same in my 2 old Honda city cars. That is ample for my musical tastes
Here are the pictures of seat covers changed with paint on plastics.
I have not changed the head unit but speakers and added amplifier and subwoofer.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Review-whatsapp-image-20240125-23.22.09_6cbca271.jpg  

Honda Elevate Review-whatsapp-image-20240125-23.22.40_eca46fb5.jpg  

positivemks is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 18:09   #1663
BHPian

I got my Elevate serviced for first time at ~850km over weekend. To my pleasant surprise, steering got lighter, mileage improved to ~12 in city from ~9 in city. Is this common with everyone?
sud153 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 11:20   #1664

I purchased these for my Honda Elevate (https://motorhunk.com/products/kings...n-front-window), but they are currently out of stock. However, it's worth keeping an eye on them in case they become available again.

- They fit nicely; in fact, they're slightly larger than the windows themselves, which I appreciate because they remain stable when the doors are closed and don't shake when the windows are open.
- They're not too dark, so visibility remains good.
- I didn't find the driver-side shade useful as it obstructs the visibility of the outside rearview mirror (ORVM).
- They were reasonably priced when I ordered them.
- It's only been 1.5 months since I bought them, so I'll have to see if they hold up over time.
Old 21st March 2024, 16:30   #1665
BHPian

Interesting Views on the Elevate, which doesn't elevate the experience, instead makes you settle for it!

Drive safe,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed