Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2024, 20:34   #391
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review

One quick question on Wireless Charging Pad.

Does Nexon come with magsafe in wireless charging pad? I have iPhone 15 and it doesnt fit in the wireless charging pad. It gets charged only at the certain point and while driving since the phone is small it moves around and doesn't charge. I had 8+ before and it was perfectly fitting the pad and was charging without any issues

Not sure if this is the issue with my wireless charging pad or this is how it works. Can someone who used this please help me on this?
Old 11th February 2024, 15:38   #392
Senior - BHPian

Re: Transmission Error in Tata Nexon DCA

Sorry I don’t think I have much helpful advice in this situation but I would like to understand what urged you to purchase the Nexon? Were you unaware of the array of issues reported with Tata vehicles on this forum alone? Or are you alright with dealing with a few issues to support a local company? The other day I drove a comet and although I loved the experience, I would never buy one. Not because it is electric but because it is made so poorly. The volume up/down buttons on the steering ended up changing the track the doors felt like they were poorly weighted and not well balanced and the steering rack groaned and creaked in the parking lot. How is it that some people don’t mind their cars being less reliable than an LG microwave or any other kitchen appliance?

Last edited by IshaanIan : 11th February 2024 at 15:43.
IshaanIan is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 19:17   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaartooS View Post

1. 4 times it has happened till date when suddenly the car has stopped taking accelerator input while driving. Thrice on the highway when my speed was 60 kmph+. Twice it showed malfunction and the other times it asked me to keep the car in Neutral for 10 seconds. Was a nightmare on the highway to quickly go left and park. All times, I switched off the behicle and restarted after 15-20 seconds and the problem had gone away. This was the solution suggested by TML Service Advisor too. During my first service, I had complained of this and they said they will check the malfunction codes that would have been registered in the software. When I asked them after the service, they said they couldn't see anything and have erased previous issues. It should be fixed by now. Since then it has happened twice again.

Seems like this is a common issue in Nexon DCA. I got Nexon DCA in December 2023. I have done 2560 KM so far. In my 1st long trip of 250 KM, the car automatically went into N mode and had to stop and restart the vehicle. The transmission malfunction error went away after a restart. At first minor service, the SA told me that you must have pressed break and accelerator simultaneously. However i know i had not done anything like that.

Yesterday again in my long trip of 350 km, the car showed transmission malfunction errors frequently after the spead reaches 80+ kmph. I am very sedate driver and i dont like to accelerate hard. The error was coming and going away. This happened 10/12 times in 2 days during the full 600 km trip.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review-img_20240211_124431.jpg  

tushky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 19:23   #394
BHPian

Re: Transmission Error in Tata Nexon DCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Sorry I donít think I have much helpful advice in this situation but I would like to understand what urged you to purchase the Nexon? Were you unaware of the array of issues reported with Tata vehicles on this forum alone? Or are you alright with dealing with a few issues to support a local company? The other day I drove a comet and although I loved the experience, I would never buy one. Not because it is electric but because it is made so poorly. The volume up/down buttons on the steering ended up changing the track the doors felt like they were poorly weighted and not well balanced and the steering rack groaned and creaked in the parking lot. How is it that some people donít mind their cars being less reliable than an LG microwave or any other kitchen appliance?
Very good question, My decision was simple, budget of 17OTR, tested and proved build quality and Indian brand this time. So only Nexon ticked all the boxes.

I knew it before buying that there going to be some fit and finish issues with the car. I owned i20 for 10 years and even I had faced some small glitches, rattling sounds and part issues. Only frustration I am facing is the attitude of service center and their behaviour. Its pathetic and no words for them.
Each car and brand has some or other issues but its how the experience with service center matters the most. Ride quality and handling of Nexon and the best and no complains.
keshavmurthym is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 19:26   #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Seems like this is a common issue in Nexon DCA. I got Nexon DCA in December 2023. I have done 2560 KM so far. In my 1st long trip of 250 KM, the car automatically went into N mode and had to stop and restart the vehicle. The transmission malfunction error went away after a restart. At first minor service, the SA told me that you must have pressed break and accelerator simultaneously. However i know i had not done anything like that.

Yesterday again in my long trip of 350 km, the car showed transmission malfunction errors frequently after the spead reaches 80+ kmph. I am very sedate driver and i dont like to accelerate hard. The error was coming and going away. This happened 10/12 times in 2 days during the full 600 km trip.
Interesting. I was given the same excuse that "you have pressed the brake and accelerator together", which I knew is wrong as no such thing happened. I went to the service centre yesterday and they did a check by connecting the laptop to the car. They said no such errors can be seen in the log, so they were unable to diagnose.

While a few times it has happened with me on short trips, I believe this has got something to do with heating of transmission. The last time it happend with me, I had been driving for almost 2.5-3 hours. I am surpised that even though the transmission light was on when it happened, no such error was created in the log.
KaartooS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 16:41   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaartooS View Post
Interesting. I was given the same excuse that "you have pressed the brake and accelerator together", which I knew is wrong as no such thing happened. I went to the service centre yesterday and they did a check by connecting the laptop to the car. They said no such errors can be seen in the log, so they were unable to diagnose.

While a few times it has happened with me on short trips, I believe this has got something to do with heating of transmission. The last time it happend with me, I had been driving for almost 2.5-3 hours. I am surpised that even though the transmission light was on when it happened, no such error was created in the log.

I'm not sure about the relation with the transmission heating. Irritated by the continuous Transmission malfunction message popping up every time I hit the 80kmph speed on highway, i went to the service center today. The Service center is just 2 km away from my home. so no long trip this time to heat the transmission. They connected the laptop and figured out that the Torque and power ratio were not correct. They rectified the error and said you are good to go. Happy me took the car out of the service station, The car felt a little smoother to drive than before. Hit the 80kmph mark and yes, The Transmission malfunction error popped up again I took a U-turn, and showed the car to SA again. He said he will have to keep the car with him for a day to inspect. Now the car is with him and he will update me about the status tomorrow.

Last edited by tushky : 12th February 2024 at 16:56.
Old 14th February 2024, 13:09   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
I'm not sure about the relation with the transmission heating. Irritated by the continuous Transmission malfunction message popping up every time I hit the 80kmph speed on highway, i went to the service center today. The Service center is just 2 km away from my home. so no long trip this time to heat the transmission. They connected the laptop and figured out that the Torque and power ratio were not correct. They rectified the error and said you are good to go. Happy me took the car out of the service station, The car felt a little smoother to drive than before. Hit the 80kmph mark and yes, The Transmission malfunction error popped up again I took a U-turn, and showed the car to SA again. He said he will have to keep the car with him for a day to inspect. Now the car is with him and he will update me about the status tomorrow.

Got my car back yesterday. Thankfully there is no transmission malfunction error anymore. All they did was update the software and cleaned the sensors. After correcting the power-to-torque ratio of the gearbox. The car feels smoother to drive than before.
Old 14th February 2024, 14:44   #398
Senior - BHPian

2023 Tata Nexon has achieved the second highest Global NCAP score for adult and child occupant safety in our Safer Cars For India testing to date.

2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review-smartselect_20240214143250_drive.jpg

Link (2023 Tata Nexon facelift secures 5-star Global NCAP rating under new protocol)

Last edited by Venkatesh : 14th February 2024 at 14:45.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 22:07   #399

Hello Bhpians,
My friend just took the delivery of Nexon fearless+ S DCA petrol on 11th of Feb. Since taking the delivery he is complaining about tuktuk noise when brakes are applied. Although when i drove for around 10 kms i didnt hear the noise.
Also distance to empty shows 228kms even when the tank is full, is this normal?
My friend had Kia sonet 1.2 petrol before this but sadly that car went for total loss claim after the accident and Kia didnt have any issues. Upon my recommendation he bought Nexon but after reading recent issues with new launches from Tata, I fear that i put him in trouble.
Old 17th February 2024, 22:28   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordygt500 View Post
Hello Bhpians,
My friend just took the delivery of Nexon fearless+ S DCA petrol on 11th of Feb. Since taking the delivery he is complaining about tuktuk noise when brakes are applied. Although when i drove for around 10 kms i didnt hear the noise.
Also distance to empty shows 228kms even when the tank is full, is this normal?
My friend had Kia sonet 1.2 petrol before this but sadly that car went for total loss claim after the accident and Kia didnt have any issues. Upon my recommendation he bought Nexon but after reading recent issues with new launches from Tata, I fear that i put him in trouble.
DTE isnít reliable on firmware version 12.37/12.48. It will show REFUEL on DTE but the fuel gauge will apparently show that 1/3rd fuel is available.

Thereís a new firmware update for Fearless and above which is 14.14 which even Iím planning to get installed next week as it seems to have resolved infotainment issues for few people Iím aware of.

Ask him to get in touch with his SC and see if theyíve got the firmware available or not.
AbhishekNigam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 10:55   #401
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nexon Dark Edition variant details out ahead of launch

According to a media report, Tata Motors is likely to launch the Nexon Dark Edition early next month. The report also sheds some light on the different variant options that will be available at launch.

2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review-nexon.jpg

The Dark Edition will be an option on the mid and top-spec trims. These include the Creative, Creative+, Creative+ S, Fearless, Fearless S and Fearless+ S variants.

Tata showcased the Dark Edition version of the Nexon EV at the Bharat Mobility Global Expo. The ICE version will get a similar colour scheme featuring an all-black exterior, blacked-out roof rails, alloy wheels and a dark Tata logo. The SUV will also get an all-black interior with black upholstery and a piano black centre console.

The Nexon Dark Edition will be offered with the same 1.2-litre turbo-petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engines as the standard model. While the petrol engine will be mated to either a 6-speed manual, 6-speed AMT or a 6-speed dual-clutch automatic, the diesel will get a 6-speed manual and AMT option.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 19:13   #402

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
[b]The Nexon Dark Edition will be offered with the same 1.2-litre turbo-petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engines as the standard model. While the petrol engine will be mated to either a 6-speed manual, 6-speed AMT or a 6-speed dual-clutch automatic, the diesel will get a 6-speed manual and AMT option.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News
God knows and Tata, when they will bring a competitive gasoline powertrain for the Nexon. Really public want a slug free TGDi..

Last edited by KarthikK : 23rd February 2024 at 19:17.
Old 25th February 2024, 09:36   #403
Senior - BHPian

Hi All

I’m looking for some guidance and inputs on certain operational aspects of the DCA gearbox in the 2024 Nexon. We brought home a 2024 Nexon DCA Creative plus yesterday for my wife’s use, but i found the AT gear level a bit fidgety, if i can use that word. I have a Jeep Compass Diesel AT 4x4, this is a Torque converter and I find it very easy to use due to the clear and precise slots and also the auto parking brake.

But in the Nexon, you have to press the button in the gear lever and just move it like a toggle, so there arent really precise slots, so it feels a bit fidgety and not precise. Secondly, the parking button is separate and manual, with the hand brake being manual as well. When you park, i assume we have to bring the lever to the “N” position and then press the “P” button separately and subsequently engage the hand brake manually. Is this right? Even when i do this i get some transmission error. Secondly, I dont see a manual option in the gear lever, so how does one use the paddle shifts?

Sorry if im sounding a bit amateurish in my questions, but I have only driven manuals in the last 15 years and my first AT which i bought last year, the Jeep Compass, was fairly easy to use right off the showroom. But the Nexon’s AT operation feels a bit different, and i wanted to be a bit cautious since its a DCA.
Old 25th February 2024, 11:21   #404
BHPian

Did anyone purchase Nexon D AMT in recent times? Asking because one of my close relatives bought the Nexon D AMT Fearless+(S) replacing his 2021 Nexon XZ+S Petrol MT as he couldn't drive a Manual anymore due to health issues.

As per him, the mileage he is getting is phenomenal and way better than his previous Nexon Petrol MT.

And, how's the performance of Nexon D AMT after the update?
Old 25th February 2024, 14:05   #405

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Hi All

But in the Nexon, you have to press the button in the gear lever and just move it like a toggle, so there arent really precise slots, so it feels a bit fidgety and not precise. Secondly, the parking button is separate and manual, with the hand brake being manual as well. When you park, i assume we have to bring the lever to the ďNĒ position and then press the ďPĒ button separately and subsequently engage the hand brake manually. Is this right? Even when i do this i get some transmission error. Secondly, I dont see a manual option in the gear lever, so how does one use the paddle shifts?
I have been driving the new Nexon since Nov 2023. You are right in the way you are applying Parking button. From what I was told by dealership, you don't necessarily need to bring the gear lever to "N" before hitting the "P" button. You can hit the "P" button directly from "D".

Secondly, there is no Manual option. You can start using the paddle shifts any time while driving and it would go in Manual mode. To go back to Auto mode, you have to apply brakes.

If you are getting Transmission error, best to show it to the service centre. Many have been having this issue, including me. The service centre in Thane is yet to identify the cause behind it.

Most Viewed