Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2024, 14:19   #421

Re: 2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Well the issue is back again. On my way to kolhapur very early in the morning. The transmission malfunction error started popping up everytime after car reaches 80kmph speed. Seems like it happens after i drive a car on highway continuously for atleast for 30-40km. Is any DCA owner facing the same?
I have the DCA variant, but I have not faced any such issues. Covered around 1400km till date. Maybe the 2023 model still has some niggles. Mine is 24 make.
Old 12th March 2024, 14:33   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Well the issue is back again. On my way to kolhapur very early in the morning. The transmission malfunction error started popping up everytime after car reaches 80kmph speed. Seems like it happens after i drive a car on highway continuously for atleast for 30-40km. Is any DCA owner facing the same?
I did around 2K on the highway and did not face such an issue. The only issue I faced was irregular speedo meter readings post 100kmph. I will update again once take the car on highways this month.
keshavmurthym is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 14:52   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
What are the reviews on AMT transmission? I read the thread regularly and hence DCA is a definite no-no with plethora of issues arising on Nexon DCA transmission cars.
While searching for an automatic car during pandemic, Nexon came close but was always rejected due to AMT performance and issues reported by users. There are many ownership reviews and threads all over the internet. However, at this point, this transmission has served few years, and most issues/niggles are either resolved or known. But DCA has to write it's own story, and we already are reading some parts on this forum.
Old 16th March 2024, 15:09   #424
Senior - BHPian

What is the fuel efficiency of Nexon DCA? I am a sedate driver however i get 8-10 Kmpl in the city as per MID. I feel it is very low. Can any DCA owner share their FE figures?
Old 17th March 2024, 15:18   #425

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaartooS View Post
Secondly, there is no Manual option. You can start using the paddle shifts any time while driving and it would go in Manual mode. To go back to Auto mode, you have to apply brakes.
There is no need to apply brakes to go back to auto mode. You just have to press the lever on gear knob & toggle it backwards once(same movement as if shifting from N to D)

Quote:
I haven't faced any such issue till now. Have driven for ~5200km till now & it includes highways, expressways & very heavy NCR bumper to bumper traffic. Mine is October'23 Creative DCA model

Quote:
What is the fuel efficiency of Nexon DCA? I am a sedate driver however i get 8-10 Kmpl in the city as per MID. I feel it is very low. Can any DCA owner share their FE figures?
I am getting 12-13 kmpl in city traffic of NCR. On highways, I got a maximum ~16kmpl. As per service advisor, mileage will further increase after 3rd service.
akshaybndlsh3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 15:27   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof87 View Post
I have the DCA variant, but I have not faced any such issues. Covered around 1400km till date. Maybe the 2023 model still has some niggles. Mine is 24 make.
Yes. Mine is December 2023 make.
After the issue , the service center kept my car 2 days , cleaned the sensors, updated the software and delivered it with the confidence saying that the issue is gone. I told them that you did this last time as well and the issue still exists. However they were confidant that everything is fine. Today after continuous 50km drive on the highway the transmission malfunction error popped up again

Tomorrow will be my 4th visit to the service centre for the same issue in last 2 months.
Old 17th March 2024, 20:31   #427
BHPian

Hey everyone,

I have booked a Nexon Fearless + (without Sunroof) in Purple. Went to do a PDI yesterday. Car was allotted and transported within 9 days, which was quite fast to be honest. It is March 2024 manufactured so all good on that part.

One thing I observed during PDI. The car was completely out of fuel. As in refuel indicator and zero on the gauge. Understandable given the car is transported with as little fuel as possible. But the cluster buttons on the steering did not work. The cluster itself was fine but I could not navigate any menus. Everything else was fine, Infotainment worked properly, all lights and functions were good too.

The SA explained it was due to car having less fuel than reserve level. Sounds like BS to me since I could start the car and my assumption was that car cannot start if fuel is below reserve. I could be wrong here. Anyone experienced something like this during their PDI?

The car itself was solid on the outside, no dents or paint issues to see. ODO reading was high at 68kms but considering the location of their stockyard, delivery trucks have to be parked quite a way off so this may be explainable.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th March 2024 at 02:43. Reason: Spacing, grammar.
RPRIME95 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 00:20   #428

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPRIME95 View Post
I have booked a Nexon Fearless + (without sunroof) in Purple.
Yes the menu on the instrument cluster doesn't work unless there is minimum required fuel in the tank in.
There is fill fuel message always on display when the fuel is less than the reserve. So don't worry.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th March 2024 at 02:43. Reason: Quote trimmed, grammar.
Jordygt500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 08:41   #429

Quote:
I am getting around 12-14 Kmpl which includes Bengaluru traffic and highway runs as well. 1st service is completed and software is updated with Jan version.
Prof87 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 08:53   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof87 View Post
I am getting around 12-14 Kmpl which includes Bengaluru traffic and highway runs as well. 1st service is completed and software is updated with Jan version.
It is very good compared to mine. I got 16kmpl on 500km highway run.
tushky is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 15:17   #431

Hi all,

After taking delivery of my Nexon Fearless+ I have driven around 500 Kms. I am finding below listed issues in the car

1) Not able to find receptacle for the rear middle seat belt. Can any one post a photo showing its location?

2) When car is locked or unlocked using keyfob, I am not hearing any sound. Is this normal? LEDs lit up, but no sound

3) Infotainment system do not seem to remember which media source (Bluetooth / USB Media / Radio) nor which song was playing when car is switched off. Sometimes when radio was playing it remembers even the channel and starts playing it. But if USB was the media source it starts from first song in the USB drive every time car starts

4) Out of the three USB sticks I was using in my old car, only one is recognized. Other two I am not able to play. Even the one it can play from, not all songs are listed

Can anyone using Nexon 2023 update confirm if this is common? I am yet to talk to service center about these and waiting for first service to do so.
Old 20th March 2024, 11:35   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncmachinist View Post
1) Not able to find receptacle for the rear middle seat belt. Can any one post a photo showing its location?
There are 2 receptacles. One on left side and one on the right. They are together with the left and right rear passenger seat belt receptacles. The hook one goes straight down and the usual one on the right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncmachinist View Post
2) When car is locked or unlocked using keyfob, I am not hearing any sound. Is this normal? LEDs lit up, but no sound
Yes this is normal. Even our 2017 Tiago does not honk on lock or unlock
RPRIME95 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 09:56   #433

Quote:
During my recent drive (1st long drive since i bought the car), I got 10.7kmpl (1/3 highway; 2/3 suburban and city) before my first service.

Nexon petrol DCA does not return great mileage in city driving (D2-D5 gear range), according to MID. The MID figures have gone as low as 8kmpl.

Best is to evaluate on a tank fill to tank fill method.
Visvesvaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 12:14   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvesvaran View Post
During my recent drive (1st long drive since i bought the car), I got 10.7kmpl (1/3 highway; 2/3 suburban and city) before my first service.

Nexon petrol DCA does not return great mileage in city driving (D2-D5 gear range), according to MID. The MID figures have gone as low as 8kmpl.

Best is to evaluate on a tank fill to tank fill method.
Exactly. The MID shows 8Kmpl most of the time. The distance to empty figures are incorrect as well. Sometimes i get a Low fuel warning at 170 KM distance to empty and sometimes it shows at 70km distance to empty. weired.
Old 21st March 2024, 13:21   #435

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
Spoke to KHT motors, smart plus AMT and pure AMT have launched. Smart plus could be of interest as it's just below 10L resulting in lower taxes.

What are the reviews on AMT transmission? I read the thread regularly and hence DCA is a definite no-no with plethora of issues arising on Nexon DCA transmission cars.
I test drove AMT diesel and I bought Petrol DCA.

AMT is slow and gear shifts is noticeably slower.

DCA is butter smooth esp while upshifting i.e. D2->D3->D4 and so on.

The DCA experience is dependent on multiple factors:-

a. Drive mode - Eco mode upshifts sooner, hence noticeably better experience.

b. Amount of throttle applied - heavy right foot always delays the speed at which shifting happens and I noticed gearbox shuddering as well. light foot throttling results in very smooth shifting - on par with cars with German dry clutch variants

c. Downshifting woes - The upshift is smoother than downshift. The AI algorithms get confused while downshifting from D3 -> D2. It downshifts at fairly higher rpms from D3 to D2 resulting in minor jerks. Other higher gears (D7 ->D6->D5->D4) downshift smoothly. almost imperceptible.

d. elevation of the road - While climbing ramp from stand still, the gearbox indeed shifts from D2 to D1 in both Eco and City modes. The shift is definitely noticeable.

e. DCA crawls better on engaging from N to D or R. I let the vehicle crawl on its own and then apply the throttle. gives smoother experience.

DCA makes city driving a breeze.
Visvesvaran is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed