Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2024, 12:09   #466

Re: 2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review

I faced this new issue couple of times wherein I start the vehicle and put it in R and I get a pop up on cluster saying switch to D and wait for 20 seconds. I have not been able to find a pattern on this but switching to D and after 5 to 10 seconds switching to R it works. Restarting the vehicle did not work in this case. Did anyone else face this issue on DCA.
Old 9th April 2024, 19:22   #467
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Hey everyone

Anyone know of a way to turn off the wireless charger in the Nexon ? Aside from pulling a fuse (if it has a separate one) I cant seem to find a way
Old 18th April 2024, 13:14   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hot_punto View Post
Hello Folks,

I'm going to tell about "Abrupt, automatic transition of drive mode from Drive to Neutral when new Nexon facelift 2K24 DCA was on the move!"
Final update: My friend finally got his Nexon back, after good 24 days and extensive on road test as well. TaMo has changed entire DCT worth 3.6 lakh. He even had a test drive along with TaMo top team for around 50 KM before they finally handed over the car. He has been assured that issue will not repeat again and TaMo will take full responsibility for any issues in future. Thanks to team-bhp, certain perks have also been given to compensate for the inconvenience caused due to breakdown, after TaMo discovered that Financial Express has covered the incident I reported here. Link to the report in FE:
https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...o-say/3455818/

Thank you all BHPians for unbiased advices and suggestions to take-up the matter in the right direction with TaMo!

Hoping for a trouble-free & safe ride experience going further.
red_hot_punto is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2024, 18:49   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof87 View Post
I faced this new issue couple of times wherein I start the vehicle and put it in R and I get a pop up on cluster saying switch to D and wait for 20 seconds. I have not been able to find a pattern on this but switching to D and after 5 to 10 seconds switching to R it works. Restarting the vehicle did not work in this case. Did anyone else face this issue on DCA.
Nope. Never had that problem. Hope you find the solution.
Old 2nd May 2024, 21:06   #470

Hi all, first post here. Just wondering if there are any stats on how many DCA Nexons have been sold so far since the launch of the facelift? Please provide any insights.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd May 2024 at 21:46. Reason: Punctuation.
Old 8th May 2024, 20:13   #471
BHPian

I'm going to tell about "Abrupt, automatic transition of drive mode from Drive to Neutral when new Nexon facelift 2K24 DCA was on the move!"

All i can say is "a known devil is better than an unknown one" - Talking about VG / Hyundais - they had issues and what not - however Tata/Mahindra have no damm idea how dual clutch transmission works with their domestic engine and engineering.

Sorry buddy - my point is not to poke you - but a matter of fact.
Old 16th May 2024, 06:16   #472

Quote:
Final update: My friend finally got his Nexon back, after good 24 days and extensive on road test as well. TaMo has changed entire DCT worth 3.6 lakh.
Thank you all BHPians for unbiased advices and suggestions to take-up the matter in the right direction with TaMo! Hoping for a trouble-free & safe ride experience going further.
My 6 month old Nexon DCA went for its second service on 24 April. On 27 April morning, it refused to start and first dashboard showed every possible error. The second time when I pressed the ignition switch, no response at all. Even dashboard didn't switch on. Had to get breakdown service who jump started the car and mentioned that battery running out has been a common phenomenon with Nexons.

During the second service, I had again mentioned the issue of transmission - going from D to N on its own while driving. I was told that the service centre is not trained to handle DCA. After making a complaint to Tata Customer Service, the CCM called me and informed the same. He gave me options where I could take my car. I have now given my car to Heritage Motors in Thane. Initially they reverted saying there was a software update which has been applied and this should solve the problem. This irritated me since all they do is update the software whenever I bring this issue. The mechanics don't even bother checking the transmission. I called the CCM and complained. He told me that he will get Tata technicians to visit and check my car. After 4-5 hours, I was informed by the service centre that they will change ESP and monoshifter. Yet to receive my car, but hoping this solves the scary issue.
Old 16th May 2024, 08:02   #473
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Nexon panoramic sunroof spied, rival to XUV 3XO!

2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review-tatanexonpanoramicsunroofspieds.jpg

Link:
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 14:43   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaartooS View Post
My 6 month old Nexon DCA went for its second service on 24 April. On 27 April morning, it refused to start and first dashboard showed every possible error. The second time when I pressed the ignition switch, no response at all. Even dashboard didn't switch on. Had to get breakdown service who jump started the car and mentioned that battery running out has been a common phenomenon with Nexons.

During the second service, I had again mentioned the issue of transmission - going from D to N on its own while driving. I was told that the service centre is not trained to handle DCA. After making a complaint to Tata Customer Service, the CCM called me and informed the same. He gave me options where I could take my car. I have now given my car to Heritage Motors in Thane. Initially they reverted saying there was a software update which has been applied and this should solve the problem. This irritated me since all they do is update the software whenever I bring this issue. The mechanics don't even bother checking the transmission. I called the CCM and complained. He told me that he will get Tata technicians to visit and check my car. After 4-5 hours, I was informed by the service centre that they will change ESP and monoshifter. Yet to receive my car, but hoping this solves the scary issue.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. If technicians at Tata service centres doesn't have the damn knowledge of their own DCA, then it's completely a big flaw in their ASS network. How efficient it is for the customers to go a long way and find the right service centre? As DCA footprint grows, it will become a bottleneck for few service centre to handle them all and certainly it will bring down the quality of work.
I insist you to demand compensation from TaMo for the frequent problems you are encountering with the new Nexon without hesitation though it's no match for peace of mind.
Wish you get the delivery of your machine soon without any further niggles
red_hot_punto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 14:50   #475

Quote:
Wish you get the delivery of your machine soon without any further niggles
Thanks. Been 10 days, yet to get the car. The monoshifter and ESP arrived yesterday and are being changed today. I had also made an insurance claim to replace the bumper. The insurance inspection and approval came within 48 hours. However, it has been 8 days since the approval and TML is yet to send the bumper to their service station. Unbelievable that TML can't provide a bumper in a city like Mumbai in 8 days after order.

Last edited by bblost : 22nd May 2024 at 14:52. Reason: fixed quote

Most Viewed