Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2024, 21:01   #181
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Congratulations on your Dark beast Perfect color.

Did you check with service and a hard or soft reset help? sorry asking such questions usually reset should work.
There is an option for a soft reset inside the system. I haven't tried it but I thought a complete firmware update from the service center would be better.
V0id2003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 19:51   #182

I have booked HarrierADV+A Automatic Pebble Grey. Can anyone tell me if there is any difference in instrument cluster functionality with respect to maps/navigation, options etc. What are the PPF brands that are recommended based on rankings. Thanks in advance
sjayanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 11:02   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjayanu View Post
I have booked HarrierADV+A Automatic Pebble Grey. Can anyone tell me if there is any difference in instrument cluster functionality with respect to maps/navigation, options etc. What are the PPF brands that are recommended based on rankings. Thanks in advance
The instrument cluster will be exactly the same as frl +. Only the infotainment will have a lack of the jbl modes
Old 29th January 2024, 16:22   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V0id2003 View Post
The instrument cluster will be exactly the same as frl +. Only the infotainment will have a lack of the jbl modes
Also the infotainment will 2 inches smaller than the fearless version
deepjaju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 14:20   #185
BHPian

Quote:
2) Glitchy Infotainment system - I did see this coming , its a Tata afterall. Sometimes the turn signal + speed alert + seatbelt warning sounds stop working. This is very common , I did get the software updated but its still there.
Faced this when I test drove the Nexon DCA, it is very irritating and bothered me throughout the drive! Software deployed on newer Tatas appear to be deployed based on MVP concept (Minimum Viable Product) and the IT team appears to be still working on iterations to fix these issues, what they do not realize is the hit they take on their brand image because of these niggles that need repeated visits to the service center.
abaliga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 13:35   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaliga View Post
Faced this when I test drove the Nexon DCA, it is very irritating and bothered me throughout the drive! Software deployed on newer Tatas appear to be deployed based on MVP concept (Minimum Viable Product) and tr.he IT team appears to be still working on iterations to fix these issues, what they do not realize is the hit they take on their brand image because of these niggles that need repeated visits to the service cente
Let's hope they realise this sooner rather than later
Old 6th February 2024, 19:40   #187

Hi All, I was just looking at random Youtube videos and found this. Someone bought a new Harrier and it stopped working within a day and dealerships behavior over removing the vehicle parking space. Please watch the video first. Would like to know everyone's thoughts who owns a TATA.

Old 6th February 2024, 19:41   #188

Hello Everyone,

Just got hands on my new car on Friday (2nd Feb).
I Got an Electronic Parking Brake and Auto Hold error within an hour of driving after delivery. Also the "FCW-AEB" warning light along with the "check engine" and "change oil" lights also popped up at the same time. Tried restarting the car 2-3 times hoping that the errors will disappear, but alas. The instrument cluster showed the electronic parking brake engaged and auto hold was not working, but the car was driving like normal, so I ignored the warnings and continued driving. After reaching home I factory reset the system all the errors disappeared except the FCW-AEB.

I then realized that the garland of flowers which the showroom had put of before delivery caused that error and removed them ASAP, luckily the issue didn't last.

I have 1 complain that I can't control the rear AC vents from the infotainment. Only the message "settings cannot be updated" appears.
I am attaching a video of the same.

If anyone has the solution to this please let me know, it will be of great help. Since my mother sits in the middle row, she feels really hot while my dad and I feel cold in the first row.
Old 10th February 2024, 16:01   #189
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Saw the face lifted Harrier in person at a Tata showroom followed by a test drive. The car i sat in was the 'Fearless Dark edition' with manual transmission. Here was what i felt about the car based on my personal experience and feeling:

1. Absolutely no improvement in the left knee fouling issue. Felt it throughout the test drive. upon finding a driving position to stop the left knee contact the visibility at the front and leg reach got affected. This would get really uncomfortable on long drives.

2. Way too much body flex in the metal door panels as well as the plastics used inside.

3. The plastic centre console housing the gear knob and parking brake felt very flimsy and actually wobbled, squeaked and moved on applying pressure.

4. Rear AC vents felt like there was hardly any air coming out of them.

5. I found no difference in improvement in the steering as compared to the old harrier.

6. The car interiors were not maintained well and showed signs of age.

7. Looks are a personal preference but i feel that the previous generation harrier exterior and interiors look / feel way more upmarket and classy. The sales person agreed with me here and said they are getting mixed responses regarding looks.

8. AC Felt really strong in the front, however not so much in the rear seat.

To sum it up, the drive felt good only in sports mode otherwise there was nothing too exciting. The knee issue and poor interiors did not help in getting a 'feel good' factor. It did not feel like a 30 lakh car.
argchoff is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th February 2024, 17:37   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
Saw the face lifted Harrier in person at a Tata showroom followed by a test drive. The car i sat in was the 'Fearless Dark edition' with manual transmission. Here was what i felt about the car based on my personal experience and feeling:

To sum it up, the drive felt good only in sports mode otherwise there was nothing too exciting. The knee issue and poor interiors did not help in getting a 'feel good' factor. It did not feel like a 30 lakh car.
Not meant to sound rude or anything, but i do hope that you found atleast a few positives in the car during this drive
coldice4u is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 00:40   #191
BHPian

Quote:

5. I found no difference in improvement in the steering as compared to the old harrier.

6. The car interiors were not maintained well and showed signs of age.
Are you sure you drove the latest avatar of Harrier? Steering has had a significant update and is quite noticeable.

Also, interiors not being maintained well is another reason which made me ask above question.

Agree with the left knee fouling issue though, I donít understand what it takes for such a large manufacturer to take notice and do something to fix it. If not a major design change, at least add some soft leather or foam on left side so the leg doesnít hurt. Is it really rocket science?
sapien is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 12:34   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Isn't the USP of the Harrier/Safari the solid build? Everything feels chonky and heavy. The doors feel really heavy. The only thing that could flex would be the plastic cladding I guess.

In terms of interiors I think people point out the lack of scratchy plastic bits as compared to the Xuv 700. Everything feels chonky and big inside. It feels like a tank. I personally pressed hard on all plastic bits to check for squeaks since that was an issue on my Duster but nothing for me.

I think GTO pointed out that the best part was the feel good factor or in other words the increased flash value in terms of looks , both interior and exterior on the Harrier/Safari twins and he mentioned that the XUV has a bit of catching up to do in that regard.

I don't know how you didn't feel a difference in the steering, you must be really buff that a hydraulic steering felt the same as an EPAS or perhaps you encountered a failed power steering motor.

In terms of power- weight ratio , here are the numbers.

Harrier - 1650 KG -> 101.81 BHP/ton
Safari - 1855 KG -> 90.56 BHP/ton
XUV 700 Diesel - 1825 KG -> 99.72 BHP/ton

I think you might've experienced a lemon unit but that still doesn't explain the flex on the doors. Tatas are bashed around a lot for lack of fit and finish and the electronics which is absolutely fair and Tata needs to improve all this but I think their build quality is universally appreciated , there are numerous clips of crashes between Tata cars and others and the Tatas end up fairing much better especially in minor fender benders where the body panels barely get dented
Old 12th February 2024, 17:15   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Isn't the USP of the Harrier/Safari the solid build? Everything feels chonky and heavy. The doors feel really heavy. The only thing that could flex would be the plastic cladding I guess.

I think you might've experienced a lemon unit but that still doesn't explain the flex on the doors. Tatas are bashed around a lot for lack of fit and finish and the electronics which is absolutely fair and Tata needs to improve all this but I think their build quality is universally appreciated , there are numerous clips of crashes between Tata cars and others and the Tatas end up fairing much better especially in minor fender benders where the body panels barely get dented
I agree, I recently did a test drive of the dark edition Harrier and felt and drove rock solid, the dealership also asked me to go a bit fast on a rough patched road and did not feel or hear any rattle and everything worked flawless. Had a good feel after the test drive. TATA has indeed come a long way from the initial batch of Indica's.
sajands is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 19:02   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
TATA has indeed come a long way from the initial batch of Indica's.
Absolutely true. Just a little push towards better QA and there will be nothing to wrong to say about Tata cars
Old 13th February 2024, 08:35   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely true. Just a little push towards better QA and there will be nothing to wrong to say about Tata cars
I would believe that the QA setup in Tatas is good, its just that there is a very small percentage of the cars delivered which have Quality issues and I feel that Tata is addressing those issues instantly. I feel sorry when the forum goes ballistic every time some one posts an issue with Tata cars.
ghodlur is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed