Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2024, 10:18   #241
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I am surprised Tatas haven't spared the variants in colours as well. Seaweed green, pebble grey names are amusing. Why can't there be standard Green and Grey colours?
Indeed, My first preference was Seaweed Green but there was no update on when it will go into production due to less demand, later switched to Pebble Grey.

Looking at the demand for Seaweed Green which is similar to the Cameo Green that was in previous Harrier lineup, wont be surprised if TATA discontinues this color soon.
Old 8th April 2024, 14:01   #242
Senior - BHPian

Hi all. I believe the earlier batches of the facelifted Harrier/Safari did not have Lane keep assist enabled and a software update was supposed to solve it. Have they provided it yet? Also any other ADAS feature that is not yet active, but would be activated via software update?
Old 10th April 2024, 23:59   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
Okay after some research found out the interior combos for the Fearless + variants

Yellow exterior has Yellow interior
White exterior has Yellow interior
Grey exterior has Yellow interior
Red exterior has Black interior with White grab handles.

Attachment 2524946
Attachment 2524945

I just hope Tata launches the Fearless variant with the Adventure brown interior. It looks sooo good.

At this point, only the red fearless variant makes sense to me for purchase. But what are those handles (*brother ewww what is that* moment). I realised there's sone weird decisions in the new version along with addition of features:
#1 removal of traction control button from the terrain dial cluster, but a blank switch
#2 no perforation in the leather handles on the doors and the centre console
#3 no brown interiors anymore? No caramel either like the safari adventure.
#4 the steering buttons are actually on a single block so the whole thing moves with every click of one of the buttons.
#5 idk abt this one but the sheet metal apparently is slightly thinner on the newer version vs 2022 (some dealer said they were told abt it in a training)
#6 the screen looks like a tack-on instead of being nicely integrated but that's alright
#7 fittings of panels r still questionable and reliability in electronics department could be a downer
#8 the unibrow in the front is weirdly killing the icon that they made with the previous gen. But i guess that's the point of a harrier, to break design norms a bit. Like how it came with a split low headlight and high drl design in the first place.

Great car all in all still. Will get it if i can.
Old 15th April 2024, 10:50   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Hi all. I believe the earlier batches of the facelifted Harrier/Safari did not have Lane keep assist enabled and a software update was supposed to solve it. Have they provided it yet? Also any other ADAS feature that is not yet active, but would be activated via software update?
Hi All. Any info on this? One of my friends is in the market and Harrier is one of the contenders. Tata SA on phone claimed that the Harrier indeed has LKA and it works as intended. My friend googled about it if the Harrier did receive the LKA update, but could not find anything.
Old 19th April 2024, 14:38   #245

The Lane keep assist feature is not enabled yet. There is a button mounted on steering and pressing that shows a message that the feature will be enabled soon. There is lane departure warning which the SA might have been confused with lane keep assist.

Mine is ADV+A Feb model. Waiting for Lane keep assist as well.
sjayanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2024, 01:15   #246

Hi all - I was looking for some advice from Tata Harrier owners on this forum.

Some background: Like for everyone else, buying a good car was a boyhood dream. I have waited to buy my first car for nearly 9 years since I started work - not because of affordability, but because I did not like any car south of INR 40 Lakhs. I did have a brief fling with the Skoda Octavia, but the day I bent the knee to take out my chequebook, Skoda decided to pull the plug on it and I did not go ahead.

Now, since the day Tata had launched the Harrier, I have been in love with it - I know that the Octavia and Harrier are 2 entirely different segments, but matters of the heart are complex. However, despite this, each time I think of taking the leap, the heart and mind work at counter-purposes. I have not been able to make a decision till date.

My predicament is as follows: I live and work in Lower Parel, Mumbai and my daily driving distance is a maximum of 2-3 KMS (to and fro), currently. I do not foresee myself moving too far out, so assumption is at all points in time I will be within 10-15 KMS (to and fro) of my workplace. So this car is not a 'need' for the daily commute but a 'want' for those long weekends / road trips.

1. Will my low running be a problem since this is a diesel only engine - the high upfront cost of the diesel is not a problem for me, but will I have more engine / DPF troubles because of low running?

2. Since the heart wants what it wants, if I were to flip this question and ask, what would I have to do to make this car work for me - for e.g. would a drive through on the sea-link every weekend be good enough to the engine and DPF working fine? Or would I need to do a 30-50 KM run once in two weeks?

3. How bad can it get if I bring home this beauty, with my low running? What is really the worst case I am looking at?
Old 20th April 2024, 19:50   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB93 View Post
Hi all - I was looking for some advice from Tata Harrier owners on this forum.
Hii, as I am owner of a BS6 Harrier myself, I can provide you with some insights into your query.

Your daily commute of 2KM will absolutely reign havoc on the engine oil (as it will never warm up to operating temperature), the turbo (as thickening of oil will clog the turbo), and DPF clogging (due to such low running).

What I have heard from experts is your driving should be atleast above 7KM one side or more than 30 min long to ensure longevity of all the emission components as well as your turbo diesel engine.

Even a turbo petrol will not be able to handle such a low one-side commute.

I, too, have a short commute, for which I use my no-fuss 2010 NA 1.3 G13B Swift, as only such an old school NA engine can take such punishment and still ensure reliability. For my Harrier, I take her out at night for a 40min-15KM commute and for our road trips.

Hope it helps.

Most Viewed