Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2024, 18:47   #721
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerthanMaps View Post
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...is-july-432098

Tata offering cash discounts of upto 75k on the facelift Harrier/Safari.

Looks like Tata is taking the cue from other manufacturers in offering discounts to boost some sales for them.
Rushlane says something different (more discounts) Not sure which source is more accurate?

https://www.rushlane.com/tata-harrie...-12500965.html
Old 10th July 2024, 19:00   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal.R View Post
Rushlane says something different (more discounts) Not sure which source is more accurate?
Well Mahindra decided to cut the prices of its XUV700 AX7 by upto 2 lakh. Tata has to jump in the race to avoid sales loss.

Otherwise the AX7 is a better (and cheaper) option compared to the harrier and Adventure variants of the Safari.
Sphere is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 19:52   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceunicorn View Post
3. Unresolved Existing Issues: The FM reception is still poor, and the rear AC can't be switched on from infotainment system..
Any fix for FM reception on accomplished plus ? ASS replaced antenna but there isn’t any change.. kindly suggest if anyone got it solved and what was the fix..

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameofforest View Post

2. FM Reception is still Bad. I was told by ASS that Tata will release an update so waiting waiting
Is there any fix for FM issue so far?

Last edited by graaja : 12th July 2024 at 14:05. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use Edit or Multiquote options
Old 11th July 2024, 21:22   #724

Hello Everyone,

Here I am back after 7 months of ownership and 2nd service done of my Safari Accomplished+ Gold color. Overall the vehicle runs fine – mechanically - like I have always mentioned.

Sorry again for long post

This time the service didn’t go as planned and expected – all because of the Service Center negligence and carefree attitude. Same service center – Prathammalik Motors, Tolichowki, HYD.

Firstly the whole vehicle drop and pick-up was messed up. I mentioned while booking the service that I need the drop home back in the evening. Then on the day while dropping the car also mentioned the same and it was confirmed. But in the evening when the workshop was about to close at 7:30pm I got a call that you didn’t come to pick up the vehicle. I was flabbergasted and told that I can't come now. They said ok then come tomorrow and pick the car. Reason – The driver list is being managed by front end team and SC team sits at the backend so there is no proper coordination.

And worst part – when I went next-day to pick the car myself, I saw that it was dirty from outside at many places. The washing was not proper, there were grease marks on the bonet AND there were scratches on the door and side panels. I just gave a piece of my mind to the service center staff for such carelessness - They take customers time as a joke or what. Other customers were also there and must be thinking what a hot-headed guy I am . The SC person got the scratches buffed up with some 3M coating then and there itself. Inside also it was not cleaned properly. Its heart-breaking to see that the vehicle which you keep as your own baby, is handled so poorly by the very group who has sold it.

Coming to service then I had 4 basic problems which I made them note and showcased at the time of dropping –

1. TPMS issue – RESOLVED - the TPMS calibration between tires and instrumentation cluster was not mapped correctly. So out of 4 tires, 3 tires were showing wrong placement on the cluster. I came to know this when I went for an air-check.
a. Initially service center blatantly said that you would have got the 1st service done anywhere else and they would have rotated the tires. Upon showing the invoice they agreed that this issue could have been there from the beginning and went unnoticed - so this means also during PDI.
b. Issue was resolved by rotating the tires to their correct positions – but when I started the car, one of the tyre was showing 0 pressure. So no one cared to check the TPMS after the rotation. They fixed it again by filling and removing some air

2. Wiper Blade issue – UNRESOLVED - LHS wiper blade was making the dotted marks while wiping. I was told we have to replace the rubbers and this doesn’t come under warranty. I was again surprised as a 6month old vehicle, with premium price tag, will have such poor wipers that needs to be replaced so soon. And that too when the rainy season is just starting so the wiper was not used that much. Anyways, I said yes to this. Also, the rubber blades comes in pairs, so even when my RHS was working fine - I had to shell out around 2K for a new set.
a. BUT, when I picked the car – the blade was still making a sound. Not dotted, but a tic-tic when it starts. They brought 2 new blades but both were making the same sound.
b. I asked them to replace the wiper-head. On that the supervisor and technician tried to bend the head with some force and suggested to drive the vehicle as sound is no longer there. Its still there so one more trip has to be made to SS to get this fixed.

3. Connected Tail-Light timing – UNRESOLVED – The tail-light while locking-unlocking doesn’t turn on/off in one go. Meaning the animation is not consistent – starting from both LH/RH and then ending in the middle. It starts from LH and then from RH and then ends in middle. Or vice-versa. A video proof was taken and all agreed there is a problem.
a. I asked to change the part. They asked to take the vehicle and they would check the stock and will get the car picked up for replacement in a weeks time.
b. The part replacement was done – but again no one cared to check the final results. When the driver came to deliver after the fix, I showed him the issue still occurring and he was red-faced. – And To top it – I had to pay for the pick-up and drop for the 2nd time. Ideally this should have been looked into when the car was with them for 1.5 days earlier and was mentioned in the job-card.
c. To add – The vehicle was picked up at 10AM in the morning and was delivered post 8PM. It took them 10hrs just to replace tail lamp as they prioritized other vehicles over this.

4. Radio reception – UNRESOLVED – As per service center Tata is planning for the antenna/receiver replacement as that seems to be faulty.

Software update – I was told at the time of drop that software would not be updated (last was Jan 2024 version) as the latest one is causing battery drain issues. Still at the time of pick-up I saw that s/w was updated to March 24 version. So not sure if this is the latest bad s/w or was there any other version too after this.

New issue – A/C temperature not getting controlled properly all the time. Sometimes even at 27/28 C, it blows air feels like 18/19 C.

Lastly, after all this fiasco – The service center person very comfortably called the next day to take the feedback

So the saga of driving+experiencing the vehicle as promised VS as delivered still continues.

Cheers all !!
flameofforest is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2024, 08:42   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg View Post
Is there any fix for FM issue so far?
None yet. The FM reception is still very poor. I believe the FM receiver has its own mood and sometimes it's good, while most of the time it's bad. Not sure if this can be resolved by software gimmicks. But hardware is faulty.
Old 12th July 2024, 16:28   #726

Quote:
Originally Posted by prompt.ankitg View Post
Well, it’s been about 7-8 months of owing and driving Tata Safari Accomplished Plus, Automatic Transmission. So far, the experience has been great, and sometimes I feel that it is a little bit of luck for us or that people have actually exaggerated the issues that they have with their Tata cars. I'm keeping my fingers crossed to continue having the same feeling throughout my ownership experience with Tata Safari.
I wouldn’t say they are exaggerated, it’s just that say other brands have 1% of all their cars as lemons, Tata’s is at 10%. The other 90% are happy customers like yourself. The exaggerated feeling comes from the fact that since these cars aren’t by any means a sales loser, there are a lot of lemons on the road. Most won’t take the time to draft an appreciation post like you did when their car is trouble free. But most will make a negative review when things go wrong. Don’t get me wrong I am not saying they shouldn’t, it is great they share their negative experiences with all of us since we can be aware of the potential failure points. But it inevitably paints the brand and their cars in a negative light. I know atleast 5 Tata owners in my circle and only one of them has reported any issues with their car so far. It was a Tata punch AMT which refused to go into reverse on the day after delivery. It could be moved forward but not in reverse, the issue was promptly rectified by Tata. Incidents like these leave a sour taste in the customer’s mouth since it was a brand new car. Even if they rectified it, it is still a bad experience. Things like this are the reason behind Tata’s current image.

Hopefully they change their ways, because when their cars work, they are truly wonderful cars that offers everything for a reasonable price.
Apolo4409 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2024, 06:07   #727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apolo4409 View Post
I wouldn’t say they are exaggerated, it’s just that say other brands have 1% of all their cars as lemons, Tata’s is at 10%. The other 90% are happy customers like yourself. The exaggerated feeling comes from the fact that since these cars aren’t by any means a sales loser, there are a lot of lemons on the road. Most won’t take the time to draft an appreciation post like you did when their car is trouble free. But most will make a negative review when things go wrong.
Fully understand this and appreciate you putting it so clearly for the readers. Indeed it’s an individual experience and everyone should have a good experience. The fact that people having poor experiences has been high for Tata explains the challenge they need to overcome. At the end of the day, it’s a product they are selling and it must not be compromised on any aspect
Old 14th July 2024, 12:05   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apolo4409 View Post
The other 90% are happy customers
I completely agree with you. I am one of the happy customers. I have never faced any major issue with the car physically or even the servicing.

Every car brand has some small software errors (since most cars are getting heavy on software day by day) which many of us (including me) have faced, like the speedo stuck at 0, or the memory seats failure. But these small glitches are much better than the horror stories of other brands like Skoda and VW.

The car has never failed to start, even though I use it once a week, and it's sometimes just parked for 3 weeks at a strech. The first service was great, they treated the car well, also offered a free home delivery because the car was locked with the keys inside (I had locked it using the IRA app). The second service is due in the month end and I already got a reminder call.

So all in all my experience has been a solid 9/10
Sphere is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2024, 14:36   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Here I am back after 7 months of ownership and 2nd service done of my Safari Accomplished+ Gold color. Overall the vehicle runs fine – mechanically - like I have always mentioned.

This time the service didn’t go as planned and expected – all because of the Service Center negligence and carefree attitude. Same service center – Prathammalik Motors, Tolichowki, HYD.

So the saga of driving+experiencing the vehicle as promised VS as delivered still continues.
I get my Hexa serviced from the same service center and it always goes through the same SA. He knows how to treat the owners, listens to our complaints and addresses the issues. However, even I have to tell them to be careful as my car got bruised with new scratch which was not there before. The scratch was slight so it isn’t visible after I got it buffed before accepting delivery.

I think footfall has increased at their Tolichowki service center as sales has increased for Nexon and Punch.

I am curious to know if they have dedicated SA’s allocated for Safari and Harrier, who know these vehicles better and can provide better experience to the owners.
kgt.v8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2024, 16:43   #730
BHPian

Quote:

4. Radio reception – UNRESOLVED – As per service center Tata is planning for the antenna/receiver replacement as that seems to be faulty.
This is definitely a hardware/ design issue and I do not think it will be solved by a software update. Hopefully they can find a easy fix or else we will have to live with it.

Quote:
Lastly, after all this fiasco – The service center person very comfortably called the next day to take the feedback
This has been a constant irritant since taking the delivery of the vehicle. And if you do not give more than 8/10, they will keep calling you again and again requesting you to increase the ratings.
Old 14th July 2024, 17:08   #731

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post
I am curious to know if they have dedicated SA’s allocated for Safari and Harrier, who know these vehicles better and can provide better experience to the owners.
Well, since Safari and Harrier are flagship models, I would definitely agree that some dedicated/specialized persons both at the showrooms and service centers be available.
They need to be groomed better to treat the customers than the regular staff. I still see many staff behaving like old Indica Cab customers.
Old 14th July 2024, 21:39   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
Let me add one of my issues in same post and see if others are seeing this too.

Issue: After the car is washed and wiped by daily washing guy in parking, even on the next day if you roll down windows and and then roll up, you see the glass coming up all smudged with water making the view hazy and wet. Even the window sill lines get temp etched on glasses. I have seen other Safaris too with such lines on window glass. I have never seen this on any of my other cars and is surely reflecting lack of QA on such an expensive car. Makes me sad to see such thing on an otherwise wonderful car. Anyone has this issue on their pre FL or FL Safari?
No one facing this on their facelift or pre facelift Safari? Happens on all windows and therefore looks like design issue than some isolated malfunction.Let me add that mine is pre fl 2023 Aug car but I had asked this question here as this thread is more active than the original one.
Rodie09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2024, 15:06   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
No one facing this on their facelift or pre facelift Safari? Happens on all windows and therefore looks like design issue than some isolated malfunction.Let me add that mine is pre fl 2023 Aug car but I had asked this question here as this thread is more active than the original one.
Happens with me as well. Even 2 days after washing, the windows roll up all covered in a thin layer of moisture. Definitely seems like a design issue
Old 15th July 2024, 22:04   #734
BHPian

One more observation on part design - the rear spoiler collects water eg in rains or when you wash the car. You can observe this when driving after rain or after car wash. On each pothole or quick turn, water drips on rear glass from spoiler.
Service centre says it’s like this on all new safaris and washed their hands off in same water.
If anyone from Tata motors reads these threads, they will understand actual user issues than from their service folks.
In case anyone of us got this issue fixed, please share
Old 15th July 2024, 22:06   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerthanMaps View Post
Happens with me as well. Even 2 days after washing, the windows roll up all covered in a thin layer of moisture. Definitely seems like a design issue
It’s same on my other car - Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Zxi + . I would say even more prominent on Maruti than Tata Safari.
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed