Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2023, 11:34   #106
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
To me, Accomplished AT seems to be the overall best value posture for those seeking an Automatic. All necessary convenience, safety features covered and most nice-to-have luxuries also covered. The incremental features in Accomplished + are ADAS (which I think will be shut off most of the time in Indian traffic conditions), second row ventilated seats (which frankly are not valuable except for those who are chauffer driven)
I thought the same and booked the Accomplished variant 6-seater AT. ADAS doesn't make sense in Kerala, and I will be driving it 95% of the time, so I don't really care about the second-row ventilated seats or the iRA application; I never used it in my Nexon. Although I'm sure I will miss the extra speaker with 'Advanced' tuning since I'm an audiophile. I'm also concerned they might tweak the 'Enhanced' tuning to make it sound less superior to the + variant.

Is there any update regarding the delivery dates? My SA told me mid-December, although I'm hoping for it to be as soon as possible.

Last edited by hAwX : 19th October 2023 at 11:41. Reason: Delivery date enquiry
hAwX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 11:47   #107
BHPian

Wao, the design certainly looks smashing. I could not digest the exterior 2/3 rear looks of safari, look like an afterthought in integration and send a feeling as if something is missing.

2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review-safari.png

Design: Looks Butch and Macho in new avatar.
Powertrain: Proven 2L MJTD engine and reasonable AT/MT
Features: Amazing. They have provided what all a customer would expect

Reliability and ASS: A big gamble still.
Price (Pune): Horrible. 33L OTR for Top end for Harrier and >35L for Safari. Sorry Tata, an Innova Hycross is better value proposition with Hybrids powertrain, space management, reliability and overall value per rupee spent.
UD17 is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 13:02   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
Price (Pune): Horrible. 33L OTR for Top end for Harrier and >35L for Safari. Sorry Tata, an Innova Hycross is better value proposition with Hybrids powertrain, space management, reliability and overall value per rupee spent.
Are you sure even in Bangalore, it's 34.58 lakhs with dealer insurance on Safari Accomplished + AT #DARK edition.
sandeepmukunda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 14:00   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
29 Variants with just Diesel. On top of that, 4-5 colors as well. Imagine the day they launch petrol/electric versions as well.

This is just too much. In the name of options, they are just confusing the customer. When I bought xT+, there were at Max 5 to 7 versions. Dark was not launched then. Also, the perosna s are too confusing. They need to dial it down with the personas and adjectives.
Raghuwire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 15:08   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjain2054 View Post
The question is, which is a better car now - The Tata Safari 2023 or the XUV7OO?
I'm not in the market for these 2 cars, but if i had to choose, it'll definitely be the Safari. Safari looks more a complete rugged SUV than XUV. Also looks wise, Safari is the one for me.
TB16 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 15:31   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmukunda View Post
Are you sure even in Bangalore, it's 34.58 lakhs with dealer insurance on Safari Accomplished + AT #DARK edition.
Sorry, The quoted price was for business with some mandatory accessories. Should have specified that.
UD17 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 16:41   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjain2054 View Post

This question is for academic purposes only because I do not intend to buy a car at all. The question is, which is a better car now - The Tata Safari 2023 or the XUV7OO?

If you do not intend to buy the car, then why bother?!

Anyways, both cars have their distinct flavours. As a complete package, New Safari seems to be edging ahead..

There will always be people who think SUV = 4x4 and for them XUV700 will be the choice.

& then there are people for whom SUV = lockable differentials (ideally mechanical). The 'desire' list is non-ending..

Majority of people buying these cars are looking for BIG Car (street presence) loaded with Tech and Tata is doing a great job satisfying those personas. Look at that #Dark, that's a distinctive persona for sure!
abhinav007_007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 22:58   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAwX View Post
I thought the same and booked the Accomplished variant 6-seater AT. ADAS doesn't make sense in Kerala, and I will be driving it 95% of the time, so I don't really care about the second-row ventilated seats
If you are buying a Safari I assume you intend to use it for family with at least 4 family members. I would seriously recommend that you don't write off the second row ventilated seats. The captain sear version is about luxury and ventilated seats are icing on cake.

In your climate it's a boon and your family will love it. Trust me I am using it in Pune climate day and night and in every drive. It gives so much comfort. It is one if the really useful features amid a lot of gimmicks.
Old 19th October 2023, 23:15   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
If you are buying a Safari I assume you intend to use it for family with at least 4 family members. I would seriously recommend that you don't write off the second row ventilated seats.
It's a 6-member family. However, apparently in Kerala, the Accomplished+ AT variant costs 2.1 lakhs more than Accomplished AT, and I can't seem to justify that price for such a minor feature upgrade. We've been fine for years without ventilated seats; yeah, it's definitely a cherry on top, but for 2 lakhs, that's a golden cherry...

Also, I changed the booking from a 6-seater to a 7-seater due to the lack of boot space, and we already travel with 6 people in the Nexon with just minor discomfort, which was absent when I checked the seating situation today with the 7-seater variant of Safari. I'm aware it's not the safest choice, but hey, we're in a TATA! The Accomplished AT is at 32.79L for me
Just so you know, I solely cancelled the hycross and invicto booking due to its longer waiting period and confusing toxic behaviour with their relationship managers. Hycross ZXO is at 39.50L and Invicto Alpha plus at 37.80L.
hAwX is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 00:10   #115
BHPian

Just booked the Pure (O) variant as it meets all my requirements. Has got all the basic safety features covered plus a few nice to have ones. Parents will be primary users anyway.
Now waiting for delivery date confirmations, but looks like it might be Jan 2024, which is fine with me. SA says test drives to be available during 2nd half of November.

I also have an XUV700 AX5 E Petrol booking. After several false starts and messed up booking logic from Mahindra, the current delivery date shown online is April 2024, but SA is confident delivery can be made by Feb, which is what I want.

So for now its going to be a waiting game. Safari has the edge for me, just the looks of the vehicle stole my heart. Also from what I gather, 3rd row is better in the Safari.
akannath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 00:46   #116
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
I'm not in the market for these 2 cars, but if i had to choose, it'll definitely be the Safari. Safari looks more a complete rugged SUV than XUV. Also looks wise, Safari is the one for me.
Drive them back to back and you'll find that the 2-year-old XUV is a better vehicle overall. If you want a petrol motor, it's not even a fair comparison.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 09:56   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwester View Post
Mahindra XUV 700 top variant is a full 2-3 lakh cheaper.
Good one pager for a prospective safari buyer. If we compare Accomplished+(AT) 6 seater with top model XUV700 AX7L - Non AWD, the difference in ex showroom price is 1.75 lakhs. For the additional price, you get following differences

1. 12.3 inch entertainment screen
2. 2nd row ventilated seats
3. Ambient lighting (Dash and Sunroof)
4. 19 inch alloy wheels
5. Gesture tail gate
6. Memory seat for the driver

And a person who doesn't want these features can go for Adventure+A (AT) which has ADAS.

Last edited by ferrarirules : 20th October 2023 at 10:00.
ferrarirules is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 09:56   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
Wao, the design certainly looks smashing. I could not digest the exterior 2/3 rear looks of safari, look like an afterthought in integration and send a feeling as if something is missing.
Safari is a desi-jugaad version of the extremely well-designed Harrier.
gnome is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 12:12   #119

This review is truly comprehensive and insightful. Thank you for addressing many of my doubts. Now, it stands as a genuine contender against the XUV700 and Toyota Hycross, even though a petrol engine option hasn't been released yet.

Has anyone confirmed the improvement in third-row entry for the new Safari? The posted pictures don't provide a complete view of the space and comfort in the third row.

While the Toyota Hycross offers the best third-row comfort, it comes at a higher price point, requiring an additional investment of 3 to 6 lakhs, etc.
Old 20th October 2023, 12:25   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_27007 View Post
I might be amongst the few, who had booked XUV and were planning to checkout Safari facelift while waiting for their XUV delivery. But to be honest, Safari has always been my dream car and I am almost certain that I will go for it and cancel XUV booking. (my wife might still want to go for XUV though )
I suggest to go with Safari. It looks and feels way better than XUV (looks are subjective though). With the addition of new features and steering, it's a complete package altogether.

So if you don't bother about 4x4 and petrol engines, go and fulfill your dream.

Most Viewed