Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2024, 11:43   #136
BHPian

Re: 2024 Kia Sonet Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by areddy View Post
I am gifting a KIA Sonet HTX DCT 7 Petrol. Red color. This is in Hyderabad

We managed to get 17k cash discount inlieu of 22k free accessories, which seems to be standard offer across Hyderabad city.

Post we made the booking, another dealer said he would have given it at 14.90 lacs + 10k free accessories. We did not want to change the booking to another dealer at that time.
Many congratulations!

It is indeed driven by the competition between the dealers and is better if you pitch them against each other. Unfortunately for us , in a small state like Goa we only have a single dealer who enjoys all the monopoly and is rigid with any offers / goodies. Heck , they don't even budge to match the insurance quote.

Quote:
Before paying was told it is a 2 week wait but after booking we were given car immediately.

It looks like waiting period is to create illusion of scarcity.
Aah ! Couldn't agree more. This 'waiting period' thing is a complete eyewash, atleast for Kia. I can still give a benefit of doubt to say Mahindra or Hyundai.
The SA whom I spoke to is reluctant to share the waitlist number inspite of he claiming the waiting period is 2 months. LOL. Supposedly the car is made-to-order itseems.

The sales figures of ~11k for Sonet in January are just the customers holding onto their bookings in the view of the FL + old stock reluctance + slower production towards the year-end. I'm sure this figure will drop to 4 digits from this month onwards. It is clear that Venue will surpass Sonet as usual.
Old 22nd February 2024, 14:04   #137

I recently took delivery of Kia Sonet FL and my car has a battery from some pretty unknown brand called Clarios (atleast I heard this for the first time). Has anyone heard of this brand before and if yes, how's the performance of their batteries?
Old 22nd February 2024, 22:23   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ajk_ View Post
I recently took delivery of Kia Sonet FL and my car has a battery from some pretty unknown brand called Clarios (atleast I heard this for the first time). Has anyone heard of this brand before and if yes, how's the performance of their batteries?
This is exactly what I meant when I mentioned that Kia has started counting pennies with the FL Sonet. The cost-cutting is VERY evident in some places.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 23:59   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ajk_ View Post
This brand is related to Johnson controls, a global and reputable brand.
So I believe, it shouldn't be of low quality.
DivyanshuDiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 17:53   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivyanshuDiv View Post
This brand is related to Johnson controls, a global and reputable brand.
So I believe, it shouldn't be of low quality.
Yes, talked to SA recently. He said Kia has recently started using these Clarios AGM batteries, these are maintenance free batteries. Not sure what maintenance other batteries need. He also said that these batteries will last longer, let's hope for the same.
Old 7th March 2024, 11:41   #141
BHPian

Why is this thread so dead? No action for nearly 2 weeks !!

Any new purchases by our fellow BHPians? Maybe the ones who've gotten theirs can share a few initial impressions.
Old 7th March 2024, 13:50   #142
BHPian

I got my Sonet HTX DCT 3 weeks back, haven't driven much around 300 only so far with 140kms on highway and rest in city.

On the highway run I got around 15.5kmpl (excl city section), and city averages to 8.5 so far (bumper-to-bumper) and I am testing multiple things in this before 1st service.

I have a weekend trip coming up on highway with 400km total, so will update more.

The car is good, suspension is improved but keep the tyre pressure at 34/35, I had mine at 38 and felt bumpy and after reducing it was better.

Slight turbo lag can be felt in bumper-to-bumper but on highway it is very smooth to drive, driving at 70+ feels very relaxed and you won't even notice going at 85 and the beep really helps

One complain from family though is rear AC is not great, I don't know since I haven't sat there but front AC is pretty good.
Old 7th March 2024, 14:20   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Why is this thread so dead? No action for nearly 2 weeks !!

Any new purchases by our fellow BHPians? Maybe the ones who've gotten theirs can share a few initial impressions.
No problem in the car, so no action in the thread?

Btw, anyone knows what is the change in suspension setup in the new FL, that made the ride better?
Old 7th March 2024, 14:47   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
No problem in the car, so no action in the thread?

Btw, anyone knows what is the change in suspension setup in the new FL, that made the ride better?
Not too sure, but I can definitely it is much better, having sat in pre-facelift Sonet, new and old Seltos.

Also keep tyre pressure around 35, not more than that to ensure that ride is smooth in bad roads.

Another thing I noticed is any gear RPM < 1800 gives very good mileage, revup and it goes down, for highways 1800-2500 sweet spot (so far what I observed) and then highway you can get 15-16 easily, and city with < 1800 8.5-11.5 is what I get based on duration, AC..
m2maddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 20:44   #145
BHPian

Did a weekend drive totalling 425kms, and following are the observations with 2 adults and a child with full boot loaded
Positives
- Ventilated seats are a boon, it's not excellent, but it is sufficient to keep your back cool during these hot drives which helps.
- Rear sun blinds are must with this hot sun and helped a lot
- Seats are very comfortable, no strain even if you drive for hours continuously
- NVH is excellent, driving around 90 gives you best mileage and driving above 100 gives lower mileage, overall with city + highway (15-85) got overall 14.8kmpl with a lot of kms above 100 as well and city traffic in Bengaluru considered also
- Boot took in 3 check-in suitcases, + 3 small backpacks as well (very happy with it)

OKish
- Family felt rear ac throw is not great, need to check during service
- Felt headlight throw is not excellent, need to get that checked during service
- Not great steering feedback, manageable but not great.
m2maddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 17:25   #146
BHPian

Hi,

I have been trying to download the KIA Sonet Manual for the last 5 months from the below link.

https://www.kia.com/content/dam/kia2...eb_Version.pdf

https://www.kia.com/in/service/custo...rs-manual.html

The downloaded file always fails to load across multiple devices (laptops, desktop and Mobile) and OS(Windows, Mac, Android).

If anyone has downloaded a valid PDF manual, please share it here?
Old 19th March 2024, 22:04   #147

Hi All,

I have got the delivery Sonet D AT a month back and I have covered almost 2100kms till now. Recently I am facing an issue with its AC, the blower stops working suddenly or it doesn't start when I start the AC or car. Sometimes I have to drive for couple minutes then the blower starts throwing cool air. Had visited the service centre once for this issue, the kept my car for a day and concluded that the blower motor had issue hence they replaced it in warranty. Since then I didn't face that for a few more days but again the AC blower stops working intermittently.
Is anyone facing the same issue or the existing pre-facelift owners faced any such issues?
Except this one issue, the car is very good to drive. You will love to keep it driving forever.
_ajk_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 22:48   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamship View Post
The downloaded file always fails to load across multiple devices (laptops, desktop and Mobile) and OS(Windows, Mac, Android).

If anyone has downloaded a valid PDF manual, please share it here?
I just tried downloading, and yes, the file is corrupt. Here's the PDF manual of the 2021 Sonet I have, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cbA...usp=drive_link.

PS: I couldn't upload the file here as it's too large.
robincsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 21:04   #149
BHPian

Folks, any good recommendation for car cover for Sonet, I am using Gerrege cover, it is fine but gets dusty very fast and cleaning is difficult, thinking of having one more so that this can be washed and dried in parallel.

Need alternative since car is parked under a tree where lots of leaves and flowers fall on it.
Old 21st March 2024, 08:41   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2maddy View Post
Folks, any good recommendation for car cover for Sonet, I am using Gerrege cover, it is fine but gets dusty very fast and cleaning is difficult, thinking of having one more so that this can be washed and dried in parallel.

Need alternative since car is parked under a tree where lots of leaves and flowers fall on it.

I am using the "WaterProof" cover from Coverwell (https://coverwellindia.in/), which cost me 4k one year back.

This is my 2nd cover from coverwell, as the first one was torn to pieces by dogs. I like the fit, quality and finish of the cover.

If you have street dog menace, I would advise against it. Otherwise, it's a great product.
vamship is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed