Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
  Search this Thread
474,402 views
Old 23rd February 2024, 12:28   #166
Senior - BHPian
 
CARDEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,254
Thanked: 2,525 Times
Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deovrat View Post
Thank you !

Reasoning behind choosing petrol is twofold:
1) My family has exclusively driven petrol vehicles only, right from Padmini Petrol. While we agree that diesel vehicles have improved beyond all recognition, we are still old school here!
2) Leaving the obvious bias aside, a simple back-of-the-envelope calculation which mirrors my exclusive highway usage shows that it will take a ton of running before diesel can recoup its cost and start saving. Have a look. If I add loan %/interest % into this, the breakeven distance goes even farther.
Hi @deovrat

I do not think at 30K annual running, you would manage 18 kmpl easily on 1.5L Petrol. But you would easily manage more than 21 kmpl on the diesel. The difference will be more than 6 kmpl IMO (I have owned/ driven M800-P, Zen-P, Santro-P, Grand i10-P, i20-P, Brezza-P, Ford Aspire-D & Safari-D for more than few tankfulls).

I would suggest redo calculation & consider your decision as there no tangible benefit on the environment in BS6-Euro6 pollution norms era. It drills down to any stupid change in Govt policy, which is as unpredictable as wife's mood.
CARDEEP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 12:47   #167
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Ahmednagar, MH
Posts: 65
Thanked: 135 Times
Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Thanks for your inputs sir. I have re-done the calculations as suggested and also added a factor wherein it considers your loan repayment difference, or if paying cash, the % interest you are losing for the costlier variant.

Please convey if this is a more realistic model or not.
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-capture.jpg  

deovrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 12:55   #168
Senior - BHPian
 
CARDEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,254
Thanked: 2,525 Times
Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deovrat View Post
Thanks for your inputs sir. I have re-done the calculations as suggested and also added a factor wherein it considers your loan repayment difference, or if paying cash, the % interest you are losing for the costlier variant.

Please convey if this is a more realistic model or not.
No Sir Please, I try treat all as equals.

Your calculations make sense now. I believe after 3.5 years (max) you start saving & I believe over next 1.5-2 years you will save some money for next purchase, provided you retain the car till 5th years only.
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 13:34   #169
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Delhi
Posts: 57
Thanked: 164 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Adding a HID kit or a LED bulb to the existing halogen projectors, is the most common modification that you will find owners doing. Both are risk free and have excellent output. I am running HIDs on my Seltos projectors but I would recommend the LED route. They seem to be less prone to failure. Lighting wise HID is superior. If you go for HID then get a kit from OSRAM.
Ashis The only reason I am not thinking of LED set up is due to kelvin rating. I am more of Halogen type golden light output fan than whitish LEDs. 4300K HID and 4300K LED still have different kind of light 'feel' if I am making any sense here.
Did you simply push the HID kit behind your existing round glass lens if yes than it is easy DIY I guess? I am told I need a new projector lens from GTR or AES because stock lens are equally useless on Seltos, if I want more/better lighting due to highway usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Am not sure the LED setup on the Creta is good. Many here reported it to be bad and also we have an Alcazar in the family and the output is bad.

Get HID kit on to your projector setup. I would highly recommend "Morimoto" that's US based. They had a dealer in India before. Else, Osram/Philips. Although there's this warm-up time, HIDs produce less heat when compared to LEDs and got better life.
Thanks naveen, I don't mind lead time for headlight warm up. Creta S variant have okish LEDs but I travel more in night that in daytime on highways and I am not fan of wonky light output from LEDs. So naturally I want to dump the led setup and get proper projectors. As said above, I am not sure if I need to change the stock projector lens also, I am not sure. Secondly if I do the headlight swap with someone buying base model but looking for LEd, basically I am getting only the cut-out plate? Since I anyways have to invest in new projector lens+hid kit? Irrespective of type (LED or HID) are Morimoto kits are even better quality than Osram/Philips?
I do hear a lot of noise about AES, GTR, IPH, Aozoom but not sure if they are any better than Osram Philips. Thats said, OEMs mostly play safe and make products within parameters, which is not a bad thing unlike Chinese ones that make everything look like a moving disco on road.
Your thoughts?
HereticHermit is offline  
Old 23rd February 2024, 14:00   #170
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ashis89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,477
Thanked: 11,055 Times
Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticHermit View Post
. 4300K HID and 4300K LED still have different kind of light 'feel' if I am making any sense here.
Did you simply push the HID kit behind your existing round glass lens if yes than it is easy DIY I guess? I am told I need a new projector lens from GTR or AES because stock lens are equally useless on Seltos, if I want more/better lighting due to highway usage.
I have heard that from installers that I should swap the projector unit too. But so far my needs are met with the light from the HID bulb within the stock projector. I can fit the GTR/AES projector in the fog lamp slot when I want to upgrade (today, I don’t).

You need to drill a hole (~1 cm dia) in the stock dust cap for the HID kit wiring to go in. The Ballast unit can hung somewhere in the engine bay. If you have the equipment’s then it’s a DIY.

PS: I wanted to go for a Morimoto kit as well but the Bangalore dealer was not ready to sell me one.

Last edited by ashis89 : 23rd February 2024 at 14:08.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 17:16   #171
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 13
Thanked: 25 Times
Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarML View Post

IMHO, it is worth buying a car with ADAS in today's world. You could always turn off certain features that you don't need and keep only the useful ones active as per your need.
Thank a lot for the response and links to threads with more information.

As I mentioned in my original query, I definitely understand the benefits of ADAS, however skeptical about "usefulness" on Indian roads and another one was ADAS+MT combination. I still cannot figure how ADAS improves safety with a MT vehicle.
torque789 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 07:49   #172
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 4,842
Thanked: 8,963 Times
Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticHermit View Post
Thanks naveen, I don't mind lead time for headlight warm up. Creta S variant have okish LEDs but I travel more in night that in daytime on highways and I am not fan of wonky light output from LEDs. So naturally I want to dump the led setup and get proper projectors. As said above, I am not sure if I need to change the stock projector lens also, I am not sure. Secondly if I do the headlight swap with someone buying base model but looking for LEd, basically I am getting only the cut-out plate? Since I anyways have to invest in new projector lens+hid kit? Irrespective of type (LED or HID) are Morimoto kits are even better quality than Osram/Philips?
I do hear a lot of noise about AES, GTR, IPH, Aozoom but not sure if they are any better than Osram Philips. Thats said, OEMs mostly play safe and make products within parameters, which is not a bad thing unlike Chinese ones that make everything look like a moving disco on road.
Your thoughts?
If you are swapping the headlights, you will swap the entire unit and not just the back plate.

Am not sure on AES, GTR etc. Morimoto projectors with their HID's will be a killer combination, but the stock projector should do a decent job. But many of my friends have used Morimoto HIDs on stock projectors as well and it was pretty good. I have personally used "Auto Gauge" and "Osram" HIDs and it was good. See the various first hand reports/reviews here and dont go by the shopkeepers word. They try to push their preferred brand.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 23:37   #173
Newbie
 
sunildn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 24
Thanked: 9 Times
Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I have heard that from installers that I should swap the projector unit too. But so far my needs are met with the light from the HID bulb within the stock projector. I can fit the GTR/AES projector in the fog lamp slot when I want to upgrade (today, I don’t).

You need to drill a hole (~1 cm dia) in the stock dust cap for the HID kit wiring to go in. The Ballast unit can hung somewhere in the engine bay. If you have the equipment’s then it’s a DIY.

PS: I wanted to go for a Morimoto kit as well but the Bangalore dealer was not ready to sell me one.
Hi Ashis89, I have got FE Retrofit HID's for my Elite i20 on OEM projectors and the light throw is good compared to earlier halogen bulbs. But, they told me to swap the projectors too to have an excellent throw.

I got it through THE AUTOMOTIVE LIGHTING EXPERTS at GM Palya (behind BEML factory) and they deal with Morimoto as well. Only drawback with HID is flashing, which doesn't work that great as it take few seconds to warm up.
sunildn is offline  
Old 26th February 2024, 07:41   #174
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 4,842
Thanked: 8,963 Times
Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunildn View Post
Only drawback with HID is flashing, which doesn't work that great as it take few seconds to warm up.
Once it reaches the optimal temperature, there's no issue with flashing. Here's my Swift. It was shot in 2010 so excuse the quality. This had a custom projector (Taiwanese) and Auto Gauge HIDs (4300k).

naveen.raju is offline  
Old 26th February 2024, 15:13   #175
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 13
Thanked: 25 Times
Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoenthu91 View Post
I have booked a Creta SX(O) IVT in Titan Grey color with both Hyundai dealers in the city. The booking was made before the official launch of the car, with both dealers quoting a waiting period of 6 to 8 weeks. Now, both are saying that arranging the Titan Grey color will be difficult, and they cannot commit to deliver however they will try for delivery at the earliest. However, they are ready to deliver White or Black colors immediately. Has anyone else booked a Creta in the grey color? Was any timeline committed by the dealer?
I checked with couple of dealers here in Bengaluru for the Grey color. They mentioned they have not received even one vehicle in that color so far.
torque789 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 22:00   #176
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: Agra
Posts: 6
Thanked: 10 Times
Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque789 View Post
I checked with couple of dealers here in Bengaluru for the Grey color. They mentioned they have not received even one vehicle in that color so far.
Dealers in Agra have also quoted the same. However, my dealer will place separate order for my vehicle next month and has assured delivery in April.

Last edited by Autoenthu91 : 26th February 2024 at 22:22. Reason: Typo
Autoenthu91 is offline  
Old 27th February 2024, 10:53   #177
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Delhi-Dehradun
Posts: 518
Thanked: 1,687 Times
Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

SX(O) IVT Test Drive Experience:

Engine and Gearbox Performance - Exceptionally smooth, refined and good to drive. This has always been one of the positives of this engine gearbox combo. The car is just ever so easy to drive in city traffic conditions. With no lags, no jerks, no drama and with m-o-r-e than enough power to pot around all day along, this car excels in urban settings. If you are mostly going to drive within city limits with occasional highway runs and want all the latest bells and whistles, then look no beyond this car.

Steering Response - The steering feels noticeably lighter than the outgoing model that we drive (2021 SXO IVT). It's a welcome change as it does not feel unnecessary heavy at parking and slow speeds. The steering response on the previous model has vague feedback from steering. Not always, but it feels like it has its own mind at times. This we did not feel in the FL model. The steering feedback remained consistent and a tad lighter which we liked.

Ride Quality - One word - Plush! Just the right balance really - not too soft, not too stiff either. On slow speeds, it does not get unsettled while going through potholes/uneven surfaces. On higher speeds, it almost glides through everything without making the passengers uncomfortable. All this when the TPMS showed 40+ on all four tyres!

Interiors - Well this is where this car disappoints. While the overall look and feel of the interiors is satisfactory, that ancient looking HVAC system and the cheap glossy plastic on the centre console (which still makes creaking noise by the way) take away all the premiumness. The AT centre console is amazing to look at (if you overlook that low grade plastic), but we are very disappointed with Hyundai for not addressing the plastic quality in this FL. Despite having received consumer feedback and ample time to rectify the issue, they chose not to. Another concern for us is the all-grey interior theme which we did not like, particularly on bright sunny days when abundant sunlight enters the cabin, accentuating the blandness. Hyundai should have retained black elements to elevate the ambiance.

Built Quality - The outgoing model is not known for its built quality and feels lighter than the first gen model (we have both generations within our family). This one, interestingly though, felt better! The doors are heavier, and the overall feel is superior. I hope Hyundai sends it for the crash test and comes back with 5 stars!

So, did we like it to replace our first gen Creta? - Honestly don't know. While we LOVE the 1.5 NA IVT combo, perfectly suited to our needs, and the ride quality and steering response is just how we like them, the underwhelming interior feel is what killing us. Thinking about other options in the segment, there is none like the Creta. The Seltos is a possible contender, but it does not have NA IVT on its top trim plus those so called "sporty" all-black claustrophobic interiors are a no go! Perhaps the Xline could be an option with its captivating sage green theme, but then it also comes with its own set of maintenance challenges. Why does it have to be so complex, KIA?

We are keeping our booking for now (yes, we booked it last month), but aren't entirely convinced. Will wait for the N-line to launch on March 11 and see how things unfold. Sigh!!
Col Mehta is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 10:59   #178
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9
Thanked: 7 Times
Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deovrat View Post
Hello,

After taking a long time to decide between Seltos, new Creta, Grand Vitara, Hyryder & German twins, I finally booked a new Creta Petrol IVT in SX(O) variant.

Here are my requirements in no particular order:
1) High set driving position:
A lot of candidates stumbled at this hurdle. German twins were out at this juncture. For some reason, I had assumed that since Seltos is mechanically equivalent to a Creta, there would not be much of a difference, but I was proven wrong after a test drive. It sits a bit lower, and in turn created an uncomfortable position for me personally (I am someone who sits upright without any seat inclination at all). Japanese twins were good in this respect.
2) Ride comfort:
I drive a lot. About 30k/year is the average, with not all of it being on smooth roads. Hence a sorted suspension was important. Based on my test drives, I would rank Creta, Seltos and the Japanese twins, in that order.
3) ADAS:
This might be a controversial topic here, but when I took Seltos test drive, my father who came with me remarked that on the odd occasion that he drives the vehicle, ADAS features such as forward collision warning/braking might come in useful. That further reduced the candidates to just the Korean twins then.

Local dealer confirmed that he can get me the vehicle in March if I can put in the booking amount, and so I went ahead and booked it.

Congratulations on the booking.. and hope you get the delivery sooner than expected.
I wanted to check few things:
Have you considered the option of purchasing the Extended Warranty for 7 years and along with that the Shield of Trust for 5 years?
Since my driving will be very limited to around 6-8k / year around, does it make sense to avail of the above 2 add-ons, given that I plan to hold the car for a longer period of 9/10years.

Thanks
GJGadget is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 11:04   #179
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Ahmednagar, MH
Posts: 65
Thanked: 135 Times
Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJGadget View Post
I wanted to check few things:
Have you considered the option of purchasing the Extended Warranty for 7 years and along with that the Shield of Trust for 5 years?
Since my driving will be very limited to around 6-8k / year around, does it make sense to avail of the above 2 add-ons, given that I plan to hold the car for a longer period of 9/10years.

Thanks
I have opted for Extended Warranty of 5 years & upped it to 140k km, because of my high annual running.
I have not opted for Shield of Trust, given my personal experience that went against it.

I do think you should definitely opt for 7 year/100k km warranty in your specific case. SoT is up to you.
deovrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 11:27   #180
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9
Thanked: 7 Times
Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deovrat View Post
I have opted for Extended Warranty of 5 years & upped it to 140k km, because of my high annual running.
I have not opted for Shield of Trust, given my personal experience that went against it.

I do think you should definitely opt for 7 year/100k km warranty in your specific case. SoT is up to you.
Thanks for the quick response... sorry for further question but as you stated "Personal Experience which went against it" if its ok could you share what was that experience that made you not go for it.
GJGadget is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks