Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2024, 12:55   #451

Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Hello,

A query to FL creta owners (with ADAS).

Whenever I turn off Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist (RCCA) option (which comes under Driver Assistance > Parking Safety), it again turns ON next time I start the car (this is not the case with other settings).

It's a big nuisance while taking a 3 point U-turn in Main Roads in Bangalore (where there is moderate traffic most of the time) or reversing in congested areas where autos and 2 wheelers will be there poking your back. Couple of times the Emergency brake applied, and I couldn't reverse. As per manual, "breaking control will automatically cancel when the driver excessively depresses the brake pedal". But still I would like to avoid that.

Anyone else faced this? Is this setting tied up with some other setting which is causing it to turn on every time I start the engine?
Attached Images

Old 10th July 2024, 18:27   #452

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyG View Post
I have found that the LED lights on my SX IVT are more than sufficient. Haven't found the need for fog lamps during night drives. Having said that, it is not December yet
I had gone on a weeklong trip with my family. My kid's friend had also tagged along. So, 5 in total. Never felt lack of space.
Mostly of my long trips, there will be more than 4 people. Hence, Elevate could not tick the box for basic seating.
Thats great! Whats the mileage you are getting?
Old 11th July 2024, 14:41   #453

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
3) Panoramic sunroof does means that there is significant heat transfer into the cabin. I have installed Garware Artic cool sunfilm on the sun roof to address the above.
This is one thing I have been looking for. Can you share where/how you got it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado82 View Post
Anyone else faced this? Is this setting tied up with some other setting which is causing it to turn on every time I start the engine?
Can you try disabling the parking help. I have disabled almost all the ADAS settings, thanks to Bangalore traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeshgunjan View Post
Thats great! Whats the mileage you are getting?
I have captured the mileage details in earlier posts with images so that nobody feels I'm blurting out the data. I am a very sedate drive on most occassions and this is what I get on my petrol CVT:
Highways: 19 kmpl
Highways+ good village roads: 16.5 kmpl
Bangalore: 8.5-10 kmpl. (Average time taken to travel 10 kms is 45 mins)
However, I have also got 6.3kmpl when it took me 1 hour to travel 9kms.
ShabbyG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2024, 22:07   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyG View Post
This is one thing I have been looking for. Can you share where/how you got it done.
Car accessory shops which specialize in sun film installations will do the job for you. You can try in 3M car care for CR70/CR50 sun films but having tried out multiple brands, Garware artic cool is one of the best at a reasonable price.
Old 13th July 2024, 17:32   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya_ip View Post
I see you have installed rain visor. Personally, I do not like rain visors but sometimes I feel the need to have them specially if it is raining heavily.
I got the visors from Galeo brand.

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_1908.jpeg[/left]
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_1909.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 15th July 2024 at 13:09.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2024, 12:07   #456

Hello Members,

Yesterday, all of sudden the Infotainment Display Screen is not working, while the ODO meter screen is on, the Infotainment Screen is not showing anything.

Tried starting the vehicle 2-3 times in gap of time yesterday, but still, it's not working.
Also not able to get how do retstart the same. While expecting it should be minor niggle, anyone else faced this issue.

Apart, there is small rusting type has come up on the front disc brake side, checked with sales advisor he says its normal to have these in Mumbai area due to consistent rains.

Thanks
Old 14th July 2024, 17:58   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJGadget View Post
Hello Members,

Yesterday, all of sudden the Infotainment Display Screen is not working, while the ODO meter screen is on, the Infotainment Screen is not showing anything.

Tried starting the vehicle 2-3 times in gap of time yesterday, but still, it's not working.
Also not able to get how do retstart the same. While expecting it should be minor niggle, anyone else faced this issue.

Apart, there is small rusting type has come up on the front disc brake side, checked with sales advisor he says its normal to have these in Mumbai area due to consistent rains.

Thanks
The rusting like colour on the front disc brake side is pretty normal seen in many cars in areas of consistent rains, we have our Kia's which have the same issue, nothing to worry about.

About the infotainment, it seems to be an issue and is better to get it checked out if it persists.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2024, 13:01   #458

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
The rusting like colour on the front disc brake side is pretty normal seen in many cars in areas of consistent rains, we have our Kia's which have the same issue, nothing to worry about.
Thanks for the above..

Visited the Service Center, my case of no Infotainment display is the first case in the new Creta. They are currently clueless on this..after an hour of checking and scanning the vehicle, they have asked to come back after 2 days, as one of the technicians was on leave, as of now they believe it to be an OTA Update issue as there is an update. Anyone else faced this do please update on how it was sorted.. I will also post the update once it's sorted out in my case.

Thanks

Last edited by Turbanator : 15th July 2024 at 13:07. Reason: Fixed quote.
Old 15th July 2024, 22:59   #459

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque789 View Post
All,

I am asking for 360deg camera as an accessory for SX/ SX Tech variant. One dealer has Moco C-360 pro brand, other one has DHC branch. Which one is better one out of these?

If anyone of you have installed any other which is better, please suggest asap. Thanks in advance.
Hi. Were you able to final 360 degree camera? Which one did you go for?

How can we install 360 degree camera without voiding warranty? Is it only through 12volt cigarette lighter socket? Different threads give differing opinions, hence the request.
in_car_nation is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2024, 08:02   #460
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJGadget View Post
Hello Members,
My first gen Creta had this issue. After the software update, it was fine. But having said that, get it checked. In case you find issues, get it replaced. AFAIK, AVN warranty is only for 2 years but Hyundai will try their best not to get it replaced citing there's no issue with it and an update will solve everything.

I did try to get it replaced but decided against this but the AVN totally conked off after 5-6 years. I changed the IC from a local shop in Delhi.
Old 16th July 2024, 10:09   #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_car_nation View Post

How can we install 360 degree camera without voiding warranty? Is it only through 12volt cigarette lighter socket? Different threads give differing opinions, hence the request.
Edit:
I want to install both dashcam and 360 degree camera. How can this be achieved without breaking the warranty.
Old 17th July 2024, 08:15   #462
BHPian

Just got a notification for a new OTA Software update with improvements:

Version: SU2I_FL.IND.S5W_M.V006.001.240702

1. Seems an update to controlling the Bluetooth Audio on both phone and car has been made easier.

2. Layout of the radio screen has been updated to make it easier to view radio channel information.

3. Camera Alerts have been added thanks to new Maps provider: MapMyIndia. You will now receive Speed Camera alerts on major highways.

4. Voice recognition features also added.
Old 17th July 2024, 08:59   #463

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_car_nation View Post

I did not go for it, somehow I felt it was not as mandatory as I thought it to be. Now its a been a month with my new car, never felt it being missed. Again its purely personal choice.
As I understood from SA, if you go with dealer accessory and fitment warranty shall still be valid. Talk to your SA and get the confirmation.
torque789 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2024, 18:07   #464

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsnasgr View Post
Just got a notification for a new OTA Software update with improvements:

Version: SU2I_FL.IND.S5W_M.V006.001.240702

1. Seems an update to controlling the Bluetooth Audio on both phone and car has been made easier.

2. Layout of the radio screen has been updated to make it easier to view radio channel information.

3. Camera Alerts have been added thanks to new Maps provider: MapMyIndia. You will now receive Speed Camera alerts on major highways.

4. Voice recognition features also added.
How do we do the OTA update? When I checked the 'Update' option, it was asking to "Insert memory device containing the update".

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-20240717_163941.jpg

I downloaded the Updater software in laptop. It seems the July update is 24GB in size, yet to copy it to USB. Wanted to check if anyone else performed this update, and everything works fine.

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-screenshot-20240717-6.00.56-pm.png

July update details - https://update.hyundai.com/IN/E1/upd...iceView/MD6nej
Old 18th July 2024, 08:39   #465

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado82 View Post

I downloaded the Updater software in laptop. It seems the July update is 24GB in size, yet to copy it to USB. Wanted to check if anyone else performed this update, and everything works fine.

I updated my i20 2024 system (12 inch screen) to the latest firmware using the USB installer. As soon as you insert the usb, it will ask you whether you want to update now.

The whole process took 37 mins. It says update will continue even if you turn off the car. Didnít want to take the risk, luckily got some traffic today. Update completed as I entered my office gate. The progress bar completed 30% in 20 mins, then sped up in the remaining 70%.

I will do the update in my Creta 2024 today evening.

Attaching pictures for reference. Kindly ignore the fingerprints.
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-ed593f52c6f04dddab93d2051b4efd49.jpg  

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_4485.jpg  

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_4483.jpg  

rohan123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed