Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2010, 14:27   #1516
BHPian

Not surprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'n' rollz View Post
In the last one week a couple of strangers stopped by to inquire about my GP. I felt really glad. After the initial average kya hai, fiat service, spare parts availability queries both of them bowled a googly.

"But what made you spend 7 lacs on a small car like GP. You could have easily bought yourself a Dzire"... [I declared myself out hit wicket]

I still don't know if I should answer this question. Even if I have to any ideas for a "shortest" possible answer (that does not sound rude)?
I swear maruti probably had more people working on what Indians think than R&D of new cars. I hate the Dzire however i want to meet that guy who thought of that brilliant idea of putting a boot to a swift and selling it.
The other day someone said something similar to my dad and he told that dude the punto is only some 15kg lighter than his corolla. The look on his face was priceless.
Old 21st February 2010, 14:40   #1517
BHPian

Well, I own a Punto and my friend a Linea. I love both the cars and both are best lookers. But sometimes I used to wonder, with due respect to Linea owners, is it worth buying a car which is almost twice as costly as its sibling except that it has a boot! I'm still not able to get an answer for that.
Old 21st February 2010, 14:50   #1518
Senior - BHPian

I don't think the Linea is twice as costly to the Punto - if one compares variant to variant.

Apart from the boot, the price difference also comes from the excise duty for longer cars.
Old 21st February 2010, 16:58   #1519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Well, I own a Punto and my friend a Linea. I love both the cars and both are best lookers. But sometimes I used to wonder, with due respect to Linea owners, is it worth buying a car which is almost twice as costly as its sibling except that it has a boot! I'm still not able to get an answer for that.
The price difference ( ex-showroom ) between the top end Petrol Punto and Linea is hardly 20+%. In that difference you get considerably longer and bigger car with 500L storage space and better interior and some additional features ( 2 arm rests , LED lights with vanity mirror ) , better quality fabrics , better looking alloys , dual barrel headlamps, sun glass holder , rear ac vents , rear sun curtain . The difference in case of diesel is 30+% but you get a different heart ( VGT ) along with the earlier goodies.

Punto and Linea owners please correct me if I missed something in either case.
Old 21st February 2010, 17:28   #1520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the last one week a couple of strangers stopped by to inquire about my GP. I felt really glad. After the initial average kya hai, fiat service, spare parts availability queries both of them bowled a googly.

"But what made you spend 7 lacs on a small car like GP. You could have easily bought yourself a Dzire"... [I declared myself out hit wicket]

I still don't know if I should answer this question. Even if I have to any ideas for a "shortest" possible answer (that does not sound rude)?
Tell them that the dzire looks like a pregnented car, and is just too common. I paid 7 lakh for exclusivity and Fiat badge, much popular in other parts of the world.
No matter what owners say or even lambast about the dzire to me, I HATE that car and I simply hate all those cars with boot stuck on to hatchbacks like an afterthought.

Last edited by sidindica : 21st February 2010 at 17:30.
Old 21st February 2010, 20:52   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Tell them that the dzire looks like a pregnented car, and is just too common. I paid 7 lakh for exclusivity and Fiat badge, much popular in other parts of the world.
No matter what owners say or even lambast about the dzire to me, I HATE that car and I simply hate all those cars with boot stuck on to hatchbacks like an afterthought.
Too good Sid

This is the probably the best reply without being to offensive. Now to tell that person the actual differences , someone may need extra terrestrial abilities

I really fell to understand why looks are not important to most of us , average car buyers ! After all it's a car not a human. At the end of the day we all buy car to drive ( primary ) and to get admired or envied ( secondary ). Now the first requirement can be fulfilled by any car literally but what about the second requirement !
Old 22nd February 2010, 01:59   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcrawler View Post
The price difference ( ex-showroom ) between the top end Petrol Punto and Linea is hardly 20+%. In that difference you get considerably longer and bigger car with 500L storage space and better interior and some additional features ( 2 arm rests , LED lights with vanity mirror ) , better quality fabrics , better looking alloys , dual barrel headlamps, sun glass holder , rear ac vents , rear sun curtain . The difference in case of diesel is 30+% but you get a different heart ( VGT ) along with the earlier goodies.

Punto and Linea owners please correct me if I missed something in either case.

I think GP has side vents for rear seats but not the central ones. Correct me if I am wrong.

Another plus for Linea is the remote boot opener. Two 12V sockets could be another one.

Last edited by Rock 'n' rollz : 22nd February 2010 at 02:03.
Old 22nd February 2010, 03:38   #1523
BHPian

Quote:

O man its simple, just tell them bang a Dezire with any fiat car be it punto, linea or even palio you will get to know where your dezire goes after that!!!

Once some crazy swift driver tried to cross my palio and while doing this his cars rear touched my palio and bravo man swift bumper was out and there was not even single scratch on my palio's bumper
Old 22nd February 2010, 10:44   #1524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

SID,

how is your Punto doing btw?

this is what even i say to people who say "i want to buy dzire/Manza" You want value for money car which every one owns here and there go and buy Manza or Dzire. Else you want sheer driving pleasure, go for Punto! Sad part is people like Punto / Linea any finall say "I liked the test drive but FIAT spares and service, better I settle for MSIL or Hyundai"

But most of them are like, "no no we want Maruti, so i will buy Swift or Dzire"

In our company Bulletin Board we auto enthusiast have ridiculed Dzire so much that even if somebody owns the DZIRE, he won't post saying I have one
Old 22nd February 2010, 11:07   #1525
BANNED

Fiat is adding Dynamic and Emotion Version in its Euro4 spec engine series for 1.2 , 8V 65CV / 48KW.

All the Fiat engine codes will be changed in the VIN for the euro 4 spec, i'll updating the changes soon in the - thread.

Last edited by wildon : 22nd February 2010 at 11:08.
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:37   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nav75 View Post
Did you hit some bump/stone recently? I was having that "sporty" sound coming whenever I would accelerate. The reason was a gone loose exhaust as a stone has hit it during a trip.
No nav75, I didn't hit anything the car was left unused for 15 days and this race car noise came. Anyway got it fixed during first service, the Fiat service guy said it was due to some belt tension which we initially suspected, and they adjusted the tension on it. Now its fine, more about my first service in my ownership thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
The Fox Trot Azure from the Linea and a new shade of red.
WOW ! Punto now in Fox Trot Azure, I saw a Linea on display in the same color when I went to take delivery of My Punto just fell for the color. Wish they had launched it from the beginning, it was amazing! I sure would have gone for it.
Old 22nd February 2010, 19:17   #1527
BHPian

Wow! FTA in a punto ! It would be looking awesome. I hope the shade of red is Flamingo from Linea . I really miss that colour in Punto.
Old 22nd February 2010, 19:34   #1528
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Punto in FTA colour.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiatgrande_punto_natural_power_2009_1024x768_wallpaper_0d.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiatgrande_punto_natural_power_2009_1024x768_wallpaper_0e.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiatgrande_punto_natural_power_2009_1024x768_wallpaper_01.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiatgrande_punto_natural_power_2009_1024x768_wallpaper_02.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiatgrande_punto_natural_power_2009_1024x768_wallpaper_06.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiatgrande_punto_natural_power_2009_1024x768_wallpaper_10.jpg  

Old 22nd February 2010, 19:34   #1529
BHPian

@Pyrotek:

Did they mention any date as when these new colors would be available ?
Old 22nd February 2010, 20:17   #1530
BHPian

Pure beauty ! specially the 2nd,3rd, 4th and the last one. I can't wait to see this on our roads and who knows mine will be the first one if everything goes fine

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks