Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 11:14   #1636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr_rpm View Post
hi puskar,

The interiors of the 2010 model have been upgraded and apart from that there is no difference in the 2009 and 2010 model. Ask your friend to check the difference by looking at both cars and he is comfortable with the 2009 model you can definitely go for it. In such case you can bargain for more discounts.

As for the clutch cylinder change you have to check if the VIN number of the 2009 model car you are getting is listed in the list provided by Fiat to all dealers for change in clutch cylinder.
Thanks for the info. By upgrade, can you suggest the exact things that have been changed? I guess, comparing both the cars will not give a clear picture. Specifics will surely help compare the 2 models.

Also, could you please post the link of the VIN numbers, of available or already posted somewhere.

Thanks a lot
Old 7th April 2010, 11:39   #1637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
Prerana motors bangalore Ph: 42350184 / 85 / 86

Its better to get it fitted at the dealer itself, if he has that in stock or else try to contact other dealers in your city or near by.

I called up the dealer and spoke to someone by the name of Pradeep, he was quite helpful. He informed me that Punto 'Active' needs a central locking motor, which would take 2-3 weeks max (after placing an order) to come from the company. The cost of this motor is approx ~ 7300 INR (expensive in my book) and cost of the central lockin is ~4500 (as on the website). Considering you have gotten it done from Prerna motors, is this break up correct ?

- B4W
Old 7th April 2010, 12:09   #1638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
I called up the dealer and spoke to someone by the name of Pradeep, he was quite helpful. He informed me that Punto 'Active' needs a central locking motor, which would take 2-3 weeks max (after placing an order) to come from the company. The cost of this motor is approx ~ 7300 INR (expensive in my book) and cost of the central lockin is ~4500 (as on the website). Considering you have gotten it done from Prerna motors, is this break up correct ?

- B4W
no its not correct , i got the entire kit with remote as package (crosslink wheels)
for 4400/- including installation from them.
The same kit is available outside also for the same price

Auto Shop in Koramangala, Bangalore
080-41104109, 080-30201567
Old 7th April 2010, 13:12   #1639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
no its not correct , i got the entire kit with remote as package (crosslink wheels)
for 4400/- including installation from them.
The same kit is available outside also for the same price

Auto Shop in Koramangala, Bangalore
080-41104109, 080-30201567
I thought so the same, just double checking on a couple of things...!

1. Post getting the central locking installed, your warranty still stands..right?
2. Did they ( guys at the dealership) cut any wire during the installation ?

Would you believe it ? ...the three dealers in del (ones which I called), are in a state of denial or probably don't have any idea that such a thing is getting installed as a Fiat OE or approved central locking.

- B4W

Last edited by better4worse : 7th April 2010 at 13:14. Reason: typos
Old 7th April 2010, 13:50   #1640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
I thought so the same, just double checking on a couple of things...!

1. Post getting the central locking installed, your warranty still stands..right?
2. Did they ( guys at the dealership) cut any wire during the installation ?

Would you believe it ? ...the three dealers in del (ones which I called), are in a state of denial or probably don't have any idea that such a thing is getting installed as a Fiat OE or approved central locking.

- B4W
1)Yes warranty still stands as , the dealer installed it only after getting confirmation from FIAT.

2)They did not cut any wires during installation, i got it done in front of me.
They were very professional and knew what they were doing, i think many more people got the same kit installed.
Old 7th April 2010, 14:53   #1641
BHPian

Two New colors

FIAT has launched two new colors for Punto. Check there website Fiat India
Old 7th April 2010, 15:06   #1642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
FIAT has launched two new colors for Punto. Check there website Fiat India
The new colors are out for the Linea as well.

Tuscan Wine doesn't look all that great to be honest. I would have rather preferred the Linea's dark red (Flamenco Red).

I was kinda hoping they'd release a dark blue paint, like the RockNRoll Blue available in the UK.
Old 7th April 2010, 15:14   #1643
BHPian

Steering assembly issue resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Will update more once I get back my punto.
Got my Punto yesterday from Concorde. They have replaced the Steering assembly, cost is 22.5k + PS fluid 0.5K = 23k total bill, but I paid zilch. Under warranty they have replaced it and also provided 1L PS fluid free of cost. Initially they were charging saying it was a consumable, then I had to argue and tell them had it been fixed earlier it wouldn't have leaked at the first place. Funny thing I had to show them a print out of clevermax's post, where he had mentioned that it was done for free . I asked them to check with Tata Motors/Fiat directly as it was done for free at other dealers. They were reluctant at first saying they need a regd number to verify online if indeed it was given for free, but later they gave it anyway.

Thanks Clevermax, for all the information.

Now the steering feedback is even better, earlier there was some hissing sound when turning too much, that seems to have disappeared.

Last edited by samsan02 : 7th April 2010 at 15:16.
Old 7th April 2010, 15:45   #1644
Senior - BHPian

@samsan02: You're welcome mate. That was a quick replacement! So you feel the difference in steering as I told - great.
But if the issue is fixed, why do you need 1L fluid? They gave me 1L fluid for free since they knew I had to wait for the part to arrive - it was for topping up the fluid while I wait with the defective box. I only had to top it up once though.

Last edited by clevermax : 7th April 2010 at 15:47.
Old 7th April 2010, 16:11   #1645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
@samsan02: You're welcome mate. That was a quick replacement! So you feel the difference in steering as I told - great.
But if the issue is fixed, why do you need 1L fluid? They gave me 1L fluid for free since they knew I had to wait for the part to arrive - it was for topping up the fluid while I wait with the defective box. I only had to top it up once though.
The fluid started leaking since friday or may be saturday, I observed it on sunday and by the time I took the car to them on Monday, I could feel the constant steering sound coming. I guess it might have leaked some 250 ml alone on my parking spot at my apt. And some more when I was driving all this time. So probably they replaced it entirely with a new 1L.
Old 7th April 2010, 16:21   #1646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Got my Punto yesterday from Concorde. They have replaced the Steering assembly, cost is 22.5k + PS fluid 0.5K = 23k total bill, but I paid zilch. Under warranty they have replaced it and also provided 1L PS fluid free of cost. Initially they were charging saying it was a consumable, then I had to argue and tell them had it been fixed earlier it wouldn't have leaked at the first place. Funny thing I had to show them a print out of clevermax's post, where he had mentioned that it was done for free . I asked them to check with Tata Motors/Fiat directly as it was done for free at other dealers. They were reluctant at first saying they need a regd number to verify online if indeed it was given for free, but later they gave it anyway.

Thanks Clevermax, for all the information.

Now the steering feedback is even better, earlier there was some hissing sound when turning too much, that seems to have disappeared.
Sorry to Post this here but my figo is about 6 days old and I also get a hissing sound when I turn too much!
Posted here in the last section.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1824298-post73.html
Did you have a similar problem?

What other problems did you have with your steering ?

Last edited by Captain Slow : 7th April 2010 at 16:23.
Old 7th April 2010, 16:27   #1647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Sorry to Post this here but my figo is about 6 days old and I also get a hissing sound when I turn too much!
What other problems did you have with your steering ?
HPS gives some hissing noise when turned to the extremes, this is normal. But at times I got the a squeal kind of a sound when driving straight as well. This i observed first after leaving the car unused for 2 weeks, then after first service it disappeared and again it reappeared few days back.

Why dont you check it with service center. I think it should be normal in your case.
Old 9th April 2010, 12:20   #1648
Senior - BHPian

I've seen many Linea ownership threads where the owners have complained of rusting seen on the doors, boot lid etc. But, I don't remember seeing many Punto owners raising the same issue.

Is this issue restricted to the Linea, or atleast more common in the Linea?
Old 9th April 2010, 14:38   #1649

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I've seen many Linea ownership threads where the owners have complained of rusting seen on the doors, boot lid etc. But, I don't remember seeing many Punto owners raising the same issue.

Is this issue restricted to the Linea, or atleast more common in the Linea?
Sawyer and I have just come back from the PDI of my new Punto.
We were specifically looking for rust - amongst other things, of course.
We even had the car raised on a ramp to inspect the car from below.
There was not a speck of rust anywhere.
Well done Fiat.
Old 10th April 2010, 19:31   #1650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanandb View Post
Sawyer and I have just come back from the PDI of my new Punto.
We were specifically looking for rust - amongst other things, of course.
We even had the car raised on a ramp to inspect the car from below.
There was not a speck of rust anywhere.
Well done Fiat.
congrats buddy! so you are one whom sawyer tried to convince hard not to buy a fiat ?
color? variant.?

Most Viewed