Old 21st April 2010, 18:35   #1756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
In Pune (Pandit Auto), I'm being offered >>

1. Free Insurance
2. Free extended warranty
3. 10,000 Rs gift cheque

These were the things offered in just first meeting during test drive.

Free insurance scheme is valid till April end only. But I'm sure, to keep sales chart ticking, FIAT will offer some scheme or the other in coming months.
What is the finally OTR price quotes for MJD E+ Diesel with all these freebies and discount. I've booked a MJD E+ 2 weeks ago and awaiting delivery.
Old 21st April 2010, 20:29   #1757
BHPian

Price of Grande Punto 1.4 FIRE Emotion PK, in Hyderabad, used to be around 6.5L... Now I see it as 6.98L.
Same for 1.3 MJD Emo PK. used to be 7L and now its 7.42L.

Is this true? how did that happen... what did i miss. It got way too expensive. 7L for the petrol top end. Damn!
Old 21st April 2010, 20:46   #1758
Senior - BHPian

I too simply hate those mudflaps, look too truck-like.
Enjoy this pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-5.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img_09_big.jpg  

Last edited by sidindica : 21st April 2010 at 20:54.
Old 21st April 2010, 21:00   #1759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Enjoy this pic.
Oh no, what they have done to the Italian beauty?

Fiat, what is the need of that big, black mustache?
Old 21st April 2010, 21:14   #1760
BHPian

Isn't that the Punto EVO? The previous Punto looks much better!
Old 21st April 2010, 21:18   #1761
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Goblin View Post
Isn't that the Punto EVO? The previous Punto looks much better!
Yes that's a Punto Evo. Even i like the previous Punto, this Punto evo has a good upper grill but the plastiky lower grill does not look as good.
Old 21st April 2010, 22:57   #1762
BHPian

The chrome grill is taking a leaf out of the Fiat 500
Old 21st April 2010, 23:28   #1763
Senior - BHPian

I kind of like the looks. I too think that the new grill is a travesty, but all in all, I think it looks great.
Old 21st April 2010, 23:59   #1764
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat Eco Drive

Has someone tried the Eco Drive software in his Punto? I tried installing this software in my car but i get a error.

What is Eco Drive?

Quote:
EcoDrive collects all necessary data relating to vehicle efficiency and, through Blue&Me’s USB gate, transmits it into a normal USB key. The driver plugs this into a PC. The “EcoDrive” system presents the driver with detailed environmental performance of the car including the CO2 emission level for each trip. It analyses the driver’s style and then provides tips and recommendations on how to modify style to achieve CO2 reductions – and save money on fuel.

EcoDrive will encourage the driver to set himself challenges – CO2 reduction targets for specific journeys or over a set period of time. And in a community site will encourage all drivers to come together and pool their savings - working towards much bigger collective targets and showing that a lot of small contributions join to have a massive impact.

Based on the award winning, jointly developed Blue&Me™platform, “EcoDrive” will enable drivers to better understand and adapt their driving behaviors to minimize their effect on the environment.
Source: Fiat.it - Starting Page

This is a nice software which tracks your driving style and helps you adapt correct driving style to save fuel and envoirnment. Minimum 5 days data is required for analysis. Only beta version of the software is out till now. All you require is some space in the your flash drive that you use to listen to the music in your car, this software uses the same Blue&me USB port.

Fiat India should actively promote this software.

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-untitled.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-ecoo.jpg

Last edited by .anshuman : 22nd April 2010 at 00:01.
Old 22nd April 2010, 00:12   #1765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Has someone tried the Eco Drive software in his Punto? I tried installing this software in my car but i get a error.
I have tried installing it, but it doesn't work. FIAT has not yet enabled it for the Indian cars.
In the European Punto's there is a setting in the MID menu by which you can activate or deactivate it. I hope FIAT will give this feature. It will really help the customers in India, most of whom are conscious about the Fuel Consumption.
Old 22nd April 2010, 00:30   #1766
Team-BHP Support

Beautiful, except for the new bumper! The red shade look a bit 'richer' than the ones on the Indian version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pusako View Post
The chrome grill is taking a leaf out of the Fiat 500
Looks more like i10 than 500 to me!
Old 22nd April 2010, 11:14   #1767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks more like i10 than 500 to me!
my exact thoughts.

looks bad compared to current gen Punto. What are the engine/bhp specs of this machine? they should have colored those black mustache to body colored!

Alloys are nice though Hope FIAT will keep current gen Punto looks in India for some time!

Quote:
Just came back from a test drive of Fiat Punto Diesel. In Bangalore, the dealer is offering -
@smartcat,

how was your TD expereince? please post some details

Last edited by recshenoy : 22nd April 2010 at 11:21.
Old 22nd April 2010, 11:19   #1768
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
What's this 10K gift cheque ? Are they really giving 10K cash or offering gifts ( accessories ?) worth 10 K ?
At the time of delivery, Fiat will give you a cheque worth Rs. 10,000. You deposit it in a bank, and you will be richer by 10k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post
What is the finally OTR price quotes for MJD E+ Diesel with all these freebies and discount. I've booked a MJD E+ 2 weeks ago and awaiting delivery.
In Bangalore, the on road price for top end Punto diesel will come to around Rs. 7.3 Lacs.

By the way, there is a delivery time of 3 weeks for Punto in Blue. Other colours are available immediately. Plus there is a new "Linea Red" colour for the Punto apparently.
Old 22nd April 2010, 11:40   #1769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Plus there is a new "Linea Red" colour for the Punto apparently.
There are two new colors for Punto

Fox Trot Azure
Tuscan Wine

check this Fiat India

On the side note, how was your experience on GP Test Drive. I have been reading your travelogue was looking forward on your review for the GP.

Last edited by arishi1 : 22nd April 2010 at 11:41.
Old 22nd April 2010, 11:57   #1770
Team-BHP Support

Loved it. I might even buy it - the blue one! In the beginning, the car felt a bit sluggish (I'm used to petrol cars) - but after 2000 RPM, it was like the GP's tail was on fire. I specifically asked the salesman to show me bad roads, and when I went over them, I was quite impressed.

I strangely liked the interiors of the GP - mostly black, with a bit of silver on the centre console. When everybody seems to be going for beige, the all black interiors looks refreshingly different. Beige looks good I agree, but it looks good only with a combination of wood and leather. Otherwise, I prefer the black of GP or a Swift.

Emotion Pack is a serious VFM car - climate control, stereo mounted audio controls, electric mirrors, dual airbags etc - only i20 matches it. Polo, Swift, Ritz, Figo, Fabia, Vista - all of them have one feature missing or the other.

What I didn't like -

- No arm rest between the front seats. (But the dealer promised to fit the one from the Linea).
- No electric foldable mirrors like the one on i20.
- No middle seat belt? (I don't recall seeing it).
- No side airbags like i20. I'm ready to pay a premium for such safety features.
- Not a fan of alloy design - the car is trying too hard to look sporty. Prefer a simple five or 6 spoke alloys like the one on Polo.

I also test drove the Linea, but don't like the front (as much as the Punto). Also Rs 2.5 Lac extra over the Punto doesn't sound like VFM.

Last edited by SmartCat : 22nd April 2010 at 11:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks