Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2010, 21:39   #1861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
The Airbags IMO would be expensive! The rest not so much!
I got a few details from Skoda for Fabia. The service cost 8K, engine oil cost 4K. and airbag replacement cost 95K. Are these rates normal or is it too high?

I am evaluating between Fabia and Punto, And I have dropped Polo due to the long waiting period.
Old 27th April 2010, 23:03   #1862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
I got a few details from Skoda for Fabia. The service cost 8K, engine oil cost 4K. and airbag replacement cost 95K. Are these rates normal or is it too high?

I am evaluating between Fabia and Punto, And I have dropped Polo due to the long waiting period.
What I have read from other owners of Linea and Punto the typical oil change service costs somewhere around 5-6K (thats every 15K km or 1 year). For the airbags need to check with FIAT A.S.S.
Old 27th April 2010, 23:14   #1863
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I paid Rs.4200 for the oil change service at 15000kms. I have mentioned the details and cost break-up here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...update-17.html
Old 27th April 2010, 23:25   #1864
BHPian

I think the Skoda rates have come down, got some details from the dealer.
ENGINE OIL 4,060.00 OIL FILTER 354.27 FUEL FILTER 1,320.18 AIR FILTER 676.77
So need to finalize between Fabia Classic Petrol and Punto 1.2 Emotion.
Old 28th April 2010, 00:00   #1865
Team-BHP Support

@ms001

I now know what your signature is all about

Last edited by SmartCat : 28th April 2010 at 00:01.
Old 28th April 2010, 00:17   #1866
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think the Skoda rates have come down, got some details from the dealer.
ENGINE OIL 4,060.00 OIL FILTER 354.27 FUEL FILTER 1,320.18 AIR FILTER 676.77
So need to finalize between Fabia Classic Petrol and Punto 1.2 Emotion.
I read somewhere that Fabia 1.2 has been discontinued for time being and will be re-introduced around september this year with the same engine as the Polo.

Overall the maintenance costs of Fabia are much higher compared to Punto. A friend drives a Fabia diesel, he is not happy with the car due to high cost of ownership and high NVH levels.
Old 28th April 2010, 07:46   #1867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Overall the maintenance costs of Fabia are much higher compared to Punto. A friend drives a Fabia diesel, he is not happy with the car due to high cost of ownership and high NVH levels.
I totally agree with this. My couple of relatives/friends have Fabia 1.2 Petrol and a Fabia Diesel. Petrol sounds as if its a diesel engine. Quite loud for a petrol engine IMHO.

Also the maintenance cost is quite high. The guy with diesel Fabia who also owns a Civic had told me "Maintaining Fabia is costlier than civic even though Civic is a big car. Servicing cost is also high and a small replacement costs bomb"

My honest pick is Punto over Fabia.

OT:

Guys,
BS-IV Fabia has been released?
Old 28th April 2010, 11:43   #1868
BHPian

Quote:

Engine Oil- Fiat recommended Selenia will cost around 2400 for oil change
Mobil1 costs around 4k for oil change. Air bags replacement will be costly . Around 1L is the normal charge for almost all cars
Old 28th April 2010, 12:34   #1869
Senior - BHPian

I read in another post that the steering column replacement on a E+ cost 22K .

In case of airbag replacement, it would be the steering column + the passenger side airbag, so I guess it would be lesser than 1L.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 28th April 2010 at 12:35.
Old 28th April 2010, 12:41   #1870
Senior - BHPian

I think airbag replacement costs should not be a consideration. It's something that hopefully you will never have to replace during your car ownership.

And if unfortunately you have to replace them, probably the airbags will have already saved someone who is irreplacable.
Old 28th April 2010, 12:42   #1871
Senior - BHPian

I guess complete dashboard also needs to be changed. A very very costly affair.
Old 28th April 2010, 12:43   #1872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I read in another post that the steering column replacement on a E+ cost 22K .

In case of airbag replacement, it would be the steering column + the passenger side airbag, so I guess it would be lesser than 1L.
Do you need to replace Steering Column for the airbags?
Old 28th April 2010, 12:51   #1873
BANNED

Punto petrol paid service cost is around 3500 Rupees as same as Linea, It uses only 3 lt. oil at the cost of around 2000 Rupees and service interval of 15000 km is boon.
Old 28th April 2010, 13:56   #1874
R17
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone got the spare parts details and Service charge details for Punto.

How much it would cost for Engine Oil, Oil Filter, etc

Also how much it would cost for replacing the airbags.

@ Kadri007, PFA a pdf which enlists the cost of all Punto Spare Parts (Service Parts, Mechanical Parts and Accident Repair Parts). You will discover that the Punto, surprisingly, has the cheapest basket of spare parts in the segment, outdoing even than the Swift !!!

I can understand your dilemma as Ive gone through the very same thing myself. I've been TD-ing all sorts of hatchbacks and had finally shortlisted 3 - Polo, Fabia and Punto. The Polo is awesome but simply too cramped and too low-set and that didnt cut it with my folks.

Between the Fabia and the Punto, it got really tough. My elementary requirements were 2 airbags, decent space and a solid build. With the current discounts, I was getting a Fabia Classic for 5.33 (after a whooping 60k odd discount) OTR and a Punto Emo-Pack for 6.3. Though I like both the cars and am a bit of a Fiat-afficiando, to be honest, I genuinely found the Fabia a far better drive than the Punto - more refined, much peppier, roomier and miles ahead in terms of its classy interiors. Even in terms of ride and handling, there is nothing to separate the two (IMO) and the Fabia glided just as well over broken tarmac during my TD. Everything in the Fabia seemed screwed together with German precision (Czech precision, whatever). Lastly, after reading ownership reports of the Punto, I was well aware that QC and reliability werent exactly its strong points and I would have to be prepared for some parts falling off / rusting / what have you. But at the end of the day, I looked at the spare part prices, the service horror stories of Skoda, the few extra features that the Punto offered (primarily B&M, steering controls, tripmeter), its seductive looks and made up my mind. (sort of )

To make it simple for you - the consumer needs to decide whether the 1L differential (in favour of the Skoda) is enough to offset the concerns about expensive servicing, spares and the Skoda Customer Care image.

I decided they werent. Over to you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf punto spare parts.pdf (716.5 KB, 931 views)
Old 28th April 2010, 17:45   #1875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
Punto petrol paid service cost is around 3500 Rupees as same as Linea, It uses only 3 lt. oil at the cost of around 2000 Rupees and service interval of 15000 km is boon.
Thanks Jackson, that's almost half of Fabia. Fabia's first service cost is for Rs 8000 at 15K KMS.

The Oil cost Rs 4100 for 4 Ltrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Do you need to replace Steering Column for the airbags?
Yes, the complete replacemt for Fabia cost around Rs 1.3 Lakhs and for i20 its around Rs 2 Lakhs.

Since my budget is around Rs 5.5 to 6 Lakhs I can get airbags only in Fabia and Figo.

I will miss it in Punto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I guess complete dashboard also needs to be changed. A very very costly affair.
Yes, its indeed a costly afair, but its a life saving equipment at the end of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I think airbag replacement costs should not be a consideration. It's something that hopefully you will never have to replace during your car ownership.

And if unfortunately you have to replace them, probably the airbags will have already saved someone who is irreplacable.
Yes a very important factor. I would be doing long drives often in single lane highways and in reckless traffic routes. For safety of family somewhere you need to shell out some additional money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
In some models 70% of replacement cost is covered in Insurance.

In Skoda its 90% covered in Insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Engine Oil- Fiat recommended Selenia will cost around 2400 for oil change
Mobil1 costs around 4k for oil change. Air bags replacement will be costly . Around 1L is the normal charge for almost all cars
Was evaluvating between Fabia and Punto. Fabia's engine oil is around 4K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
I totally agree with this. My couple of relatives/friends have Fabia 1.2 Petrol and a Fabia Diesel. Petrol sounds as if its a diesel engine. Quite loud for a petrol engine IMHO.

Also the maintenance cost is quite high. The guy with diesel Fabia who also owns a Civic had told me "Maintaining Fabia is costlier than civic even though Civic is a big car. Servicing cost is also high and a small replacement costs bomb"

My honest pick is Punto over Fabia.

OT:

Guys,
BS-IV Fabia has been released?
I wrote to few Fabia owners in Team BHP. All of them came back with good experience and suggested to go for the car.

Punto is no doubt a good one, only thing airbags are missing in my budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I read somewhere that Fabia 1.2 has been discontinued for time being and will be re-introduced around september this year with the same engine as the Polo.

This is a suprising news. I think VW would be manufacturing. Already VW is providing spares for Fabia from past 2 months so only the prices have come down.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks