Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2010, 16:03   #1936
Senior - BHPian

I had been to the TASS today. The Service Manager too was saying that the Punto S will be launched next month.
Old 8th May 2010, 16:04   #1937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
The grande punto sports is great news indeed. Hope someone can confirm this though. Scoop masters please help. I am about to close on a grande punto and if this bit of news is true then id like to wait.

Also two new colours have been launched in the GP, but have they discontinued the Electric Blue shade? I was just browsing the fiatpunto.in website and checked out the new 2 shades but couldnt find the blue in the list.
I suggest you wait

Yes : the electric blue has been discontinued.
Old 9th May 2010, 00:24   #1938
BHPian

Okay this is probably off topic from the current Punto S discussion, but I have a couple of queries

1. Do the GP's (petrol and diesel both) have pre-run in engines ?
2. If yes, how many kms do the engines cover before they are considered fit for customer delivery ?

- B4W
Old 10th May 2010, 08:52   #1939
Senior - BHPian

I am a happy Punto 1.4 owner. The punto is unlike any hatch on indian roads. The only problem is that once i go overboard with the sporty rev happy engine, the mileage tanks..but no worries :P
as far as the interiors, i admit that it takes some time to get used to it but it has finally started to grow on me
Its been 8 months and nothing has fallen off..ownership review coming soon.
My friend wanted to get a hatch. We checked out the polo but the feature set left him unimpressed. He finally decided on the punto 1.3mjd. I want to know what's new in the punto sports? Diesel or petrol?
Old 10th May 2010, 10:50   #1940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I want to know what's new in the punto sports? Diesel or petrol?
Punto sports comes with Linea-spec diesel engine. Other (rumoured) changes are new alloys, sunroof and leather seats.
Old 10th May 2010, 17:34   #1941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Punto sports comes with Linea-spec diesel engine. Other (rumoured) changes are new alloys, sunroof and leather seats.
Any idea whether the color of the interior will change? Is it genuine leather? Linea - spec Diesel engine will be a great edition. Will definitely up Palio sales. Any idea about the price?
Old 10th May 2010, 20:40   #1942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dine View Post
I got my Punto MJD E+ on Apr 10.
Its Exotica Red and I have upgraded the audio.
I had driven 2300 Kms and my friend had commented that the plastics in Punto is much better than his Ritz.

Waiting for my team-bhp stickers :-)

Congrats dude.

Could you kindly provide details of Audio upgrade? My friends dealer in Bangalore advised that it will void warranty on car! what was your dealers take on Audio upgrade?
Old 10th May 2010, 21:52   #1943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dine View Post
....and my friend had commented that the plastics in Punto is much better than his Ritz.
Waiting for my team-bhp stickers :-)
First of all congratulations for your new car, second, it's great to hear someone confirm that the plastics on the Punto are indeed superior to the maruti's offerings in a similar segment.

My take, the plastic quality itself, feels better; however, some of the plastic panels don't fit very well.
Old 10th May 2010, 22:16   #1944
BHPian

amartya, the plastics on my brand new punto feel like already a year old.some bits are downright disappointing,in league with indica v2.interiors gather dust very easily due to coarse texture. Ritz has a marginally better interiors.centre console on both cars are a bit tacky.however a detailing job and bits of leather,carbon fibre trim would brighten up things.come to think of it,the 4 yr old interior on my fiesta is far better.will post pics comparing the two.
Old 11th May 2010, 11:07   #1945
BHPian

Problem in my punto.

There is some water leaking happening inside the car and i did not know about that. some days back i found there is some water in hte left passenger seat foot mat and i ignored it but then i saw again and kept happening thats when i checked and found there is a water leak and its inside.

I guess it had been happening and the water got filled in hte whole left side under the mat and the sponges under it and started skinking now... Some how i managed to get some water out.
Old 11th May 2010, 11:38   #1946
BHPian

this has something to do with the ac. I don't quite know the term or how to explain it though.
Old 11th May 2010, 11:50   #1947
Team-BHP Support

sukrit7 is right - the AC drain tube (not sure if it is really called that) is clogged. That's why the water is draining inside the car. A quick visit to the dealer should solve the problem.

Last edited by SmartCat : 11th May 2010 at 11:52.
Old 11th May 2010, 11:54   #1948
BHPian

<p>this is what I got from google </p>
<p>&quot;All air conditioners on all cars have a drain hole. Most even have a small tube attached to it. It allows condensation that gets built up on the evaporator to drain to the outside of the car. If that drain gets plug, it will drain inside of the car instead.&quot;<
/p>
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_does_the_AC_leak_water_inside_the_car_under_th e_glove_compartment

Last edited by sukrit7 : 11th May 2010 at 11:55.
Old 11th May 2010, 13:33   #1949
superveloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
I suggest you wait

Yes : the electric blue has been discontinued.
Hey amogh, theres a new bs4 manufactured EB 1.3 Punto with BUB in their Wakad stockyard right now, hence the temptation.
Anyways I am waiting though as the Sports has gotten me excited as well.

But i checked with some friends at Ranjangaon and also Fiat Corporate Mumbai and the Sports is still not in the picture. (sadly)
They are going to launch the T-Jet Linea first, and then they will be looking into the Punto Sports. (is what im hearing)
Though the Punto sports will be manufactured here in Ranjangaon itself and not CKD/CBU. It will be priced higher though so expect it to cost roughly the same as an i20 Crdi Sportz/Asta.

Old 11th May 2010, 14:25   #1950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
this has something to do with the ac. I don't quite know the term or how to explain it though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
sukrit7 is right - the AC drain tube (not sure if it is really called that) is clogged. That's why the water is draining inside the car. A quick visit to the dealer should solve the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
<p>this is what I got from google </p>
<p>&quot;All air conditioners on all cars have a drain hole. Most even have a small tube attached to it. It allows condensation that gets built up on the evaporator to drain to the outside of the car. If that drain gets plug, it will drain inside of the car instead.&quot;<
/p>
WikiAnswers - Why does the AC leak water inside the car under the glove compartment

Thanks guys. I will have to visit service centre today to get this fixed. But what about the water which is already inside and the sponges would have gone already. How do i tackle that part?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks