Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2010, 18:18   #1966
Senior - BHPian

there was an ad on Yesterday's TOI BLR edition about 98 PCD alloy for Punto! its from dealer named chameleon (in Bangalore)

Contact number were

Old 14th May 2010, 21:41   #1967
BHPian

heard a fact yesterday :
Punto OE alloy wheels are imported ,what surprises me is that there are so many good alloy wheel manufacturers in India & still fiat has not thought of localizing them & reducing the cost or giving them as standard fitment in the lower varients .

above all 98 PCD
Old 16th May 2010, 12:02   #1968
BHPian

Prerna Bangalore

Posting on behalf of a friend (he is seeking TBhp membership as of now)

"The Prerna guy promised me delivery after 10 days. He said it was not in stock and had to be ordered from the factory. I was somewhat surprised as Concorde had given me 4 weeks time for Red E pack. Has anyone in Blore has come across such a short delivery time. I just wanted to be sure that there is nothing to worry about. I have asked for a personal PDI too. Has fiat started producing more cars now or am I just plain lucky?"

Does 10 day time makes sense when the dealer is seeking stocks from FIAT. Please help!
Old 16th May 2010, 13:21   #1969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Posting on behalf of a friend (he is seeking TBhp membership as of now)

"The Prerna guy promised me delivery after 10 days. He said it was not in stock and had to be ordered from the factory. I was somewhat surprised as Concorde had given me 4 weeks time for Red E pack. Has anyone in Blore has come across such a short delivery time. I just wanted to be sure that there is nothing to worry about. I have asked for a personal PDI too. Has fiat started producing more cars now or am I just plain lucky?"

Does 10 day time makes sense when the dealer is seeking stocks from FIAT. Please help!
This is what I know in terms of time-line.

1. Car available in dealer's stock-yard - 1 or 2 days for registration and other formalities.

2. Car not available with dealer, but available in the plant - 1 week to 2 weeks depending on the distance b/w the dealer location and the plant location. Usually, Pune-Bangalore time-frame is 1 week to 10 days.

3. Car neither available with dealer nor the plan yard - It will take 3 weeks of manufacturing/assembly + the transport time.

Prem.
Old 17th May 2010, 10:08   #1970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
This is what I know in terms of time-line.

1. Car available in dealer's stock-yard - 1 or 2 days for registration and other formalities.

2. Car not available with dealer, but available in the plant - 1 week to 2 weeks depending on the distance b/w the dealer location and the plant location. Usually, Pune-Bangalore time-frame is 1 week to 10 days.

3. Car neither available with dealer nor the plan yard - It will take 3 weeks of manufacturing/assembly + the transport time.

Prem.
Thanks Prem, will communicate it further. I think it might be the second case but then Concorde is stating 4 weeks so not sure whats happening.
Old 17th May 2010, 10:19   #1971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Thanks Prem, will communicate it further. I think it might be the second case but then Concorde is stating 4 weeks so not sure whats happening.
nothing to worry Prerana usually order cars in advance , at any point in time they have a few cars in stock.Or may be they had ordered it predicting demand and is in transit.and your friend was lucky to have booked the same color/variant.

Just ask him to do a through PDI.
Old 17th May 2010, 11:20   #1972
Senior - BHPian

One of my friend sold off his GTX. HE did not even test drive the Punto since it was still being sold under the FIAT badge. I'm wondering how many customers FIAT has lost just because they couldn't keep the existing ones happy. Its really sad that such great cars dont get the deserved market response.
Old 17th May 2010, 11:29   #1973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
One of my friend sold off his GTX. HE did not even test drive the Punto since it was still being sold under the FIAT badge. I'm wondering how many customers FIAT has lost just because they couldn't keep the existing ones happy. Its really sad that such great cars dont get the deserved market response.
What you say is true. I have gone through your thread of Figo and I know that if Fiat was little more better then you would have bought a Punto.

But don't you think Fiat India has improved now? I can see some positive responses regarding servicing from TASS too. What if Fiat had tied up with companies say M&M, HM, PAL or some smaller Auto manufacturers. It would have been a nightmare.

I am sure TASS guys are learning in fast pace about Fiat cars. I say this based on my recent visit to TASS with Sujith1100's Punto. His week old car had small niggling issues. The way the handled the problems of his Punto was surprising. The Service Manager, CRM-Servicing were all present with us to solve the problems in his Punto. All was done in an hour.

I think we should give Fiat another chance.
Old 17th May 2010, 11:32   #1974
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And then, there are some Palio owners who won't test drive any other vehicle other than a Punto or a Linea, when its time to upgrade.
Old 17th May 2010, 11:44   #1975
BHPian

Quote:
What is the relevance of posting such experiences in a "Test Drive & Review" thread of a car ? It has got nothing to with what this thread is meant for !!

Let's stick to what this thread is meant for.
Old 17th May 2010, 12:03   #1976
BHPian

^^^+1

No point to keep talking about the past. Punto is such a great car and will do well. Let's give Fiat some respite, they are learning from the past and are improving to not repeat their mistakes.
Old 17th May 2010, 12:10   #1977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
And then, there are some Palio owners who won't test drive any other vehicle other than a Punto or a Linea, when its time to upgrade.
There are also people who just buy a Punto without driving it as a test with cash down, this is after they have owned FIAT

I feel this is not the right thread to make a statement as below, this is a thread which purely talks about TD & not somebody who did not try this car or that...
Old 17th May 2010, 12:14   #1978
Senior - BHPian

Fiat has now tied up with Tata-India's largest business group. Lets hope their relationship stays healthy and continues for good for a long time, considering the ethics of Tata.

Now lets stop blaming Fiat for the past and get back to Test Drive and Reviews.
Old 17th May 2010, 14:09   #1979
Senior - BHPian

Oh! i didnt realise that we were so much focused on the TD talk. Sorry. Its just that i felt bad when i heard that. And thought of sharing it. Did not want to make a new thread for that. Ok. Lets get back the Focus.
Old 17th May 2010, 14:25   #1980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Am I one of them? There was no better hatch to buy (according to my preferences and priorities for a car, now don't flame me), when I bought Punto.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks