Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2010, 14:39   #1996
BHPian

gods-envy, which part of Bangalore do you stay and work? I would like to have a look at the arm rest also and install it in my Punto. I stay in RajarajeshwariNagar and work near Embassy golf links. Do you by any chance stay nearby?
Old 19th May 2010, 15:08   #1997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredeviljpr View Post
Fiat has finally woke up to update eco:drive. I recieved a mailer from fiat to take a survery for eco:drive. I hope they make it available for Indian cars also.
WOW! if true, that will be a great move. All Punto / Linea drivers will start driving for less emission & more fuel efficiency. Also at the end of day it will be fun to connect your USB to computer and browse through those graphs of RPM, Toque, BHP, etc.

What was that mailer about? What sort of questions do they covered in the survey?

Cheers!
Old 19th May 2010, 15:24   #1998
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Fiat has finally woke up to update eco:drive. I recieved a mailer from fiat to take a survery for eco:drive. I hope they make it available for Indian cars also.
I got the same mail too, but this not from Fiat india. This email regarding feedback was sent to everyone who downloaded eco drive from their international website.

I do not see it coming to India anytime soon.
Old 19th May 2010, 18:06   #1999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I got the same mail too, but this not from Fiat india. This email regarding feedback was sent to everyone who downloaded eco drive from their international website.

I do not see it coming to India anytime soon.
I agree this mailer is not from Fiat India but they are taking feedback from users who downloaded eco:drive and the purpose of the feedback is to upgrade eco:drive.

What I have read from forums and posts is that people have not been able to install eco:drive in India and UK as well, because the Blue&Me software has been updated but eco:drive has not been, leaving it incompatible with Blue&Me.

I hope with the upgrade it should work for India also, just a wild guess.
Old 19th May 2010, 18:10   #2000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
WOW! if true, that will be a great move. All Punto / Linea drivers will start driving for less emission & more fuel efficiency. Also at the end of day it will be fun to connect your USB to computer and browse through those graphs of RPM, Toque, BHP, etc.

What was that mailer about? What sort of questions do they covered in the survey?

Cheers!
You'll find the Survey text and questions in the attached document.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EcoDrive Survey.pdf (381.0 KB, 604 views)
Old 19th May 2010, 18:30   #2001
BHPian

I also got the same email for survey, however in the questionnaire there was no mention on India as well as a reason for not using the Eco Drive. I suppose this was a survey sent to all those who have downloaded Eco drive. I really wish FIAT should introduce this for India also.
Old 19th May 2010, 20:04   #2002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You'll find the Survey text and questions in the attached document.
Thanks daredeviljpr.

I believe in future FIAT will introduce ECO DRIVE in India. When competition intensifies manufactures has to add few bits and pieces like ECO DRIVE to stay ahead. Then ECO DRIVE itself is something new to our market and really helpful.
FIAT are you listening?
Old 20th May 2010, 18:57   #2003
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I've finished about 1500kms on my Fiat Punto Diesel Active variant. Recently I noticed that at around 1500rpm, the engine makes a krrrrr noise which is not there in low or high RPMs. It sounds more or less like a Jeep's diesel engine. Does anybody else have this problem? Or is it just me? Also, there is lot of noise as soon as the AC is ON?
Old 20th May 2010, 20:20   #2004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwajid View Post
Hi Guys,

I've finished about 1500kms on my Fiat Punto Diesel Active variant. Recently I noticed that at around 1500rpm, the engine makes a krrrrr noise which is not there in low or high RPMs. It sounds more or less like a Jeep's diesel engine. Does anybody else have this problem? Or is it just me? Also, there is lot of noise as soon as the AC is ON?
I hear a constant krrrr when the engine is on coming from the front passenger side dashboard area, have no clue what's the source of that noise! Unlike Ahwajid's problem, the krrr on my car is heard from the time the engine is switched on till the time it's turned off.

I've clocked around 1500kms on my punto so far. any DIY items to look for? Am going to take it in for it's first service in a month or so, the problem can wait until then but just a little curious to know if anybody else has experienced such trouble.

EDIT: In reply to Ahwajid's AC noise issue, Nope! The AC works like charm in my car really, after all the initial trouble, i.e! It only sounds noisy with the blower at a higher speed.

Last edited by raamki : 20th May 2010 at 20:23.
Old 21st May 2010, 13:20   #2005
BHPian

is punto also facing the same AC issues like the linea??

read somewhere that FIAT is recalling the cars with the problem, and changing the ECU for them.
Old 21st May 2010, 13:28   #2006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
is punto also facing the same AC issues like the linea??

read somewhere that FIAT is recalling the cars with the problem, and changing the ECU for them.
Can you please tell where you read it?
Old 21st May 2010, 13:42   #2007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
I've clocked around 1500kms on my punto so far. any DIY items to look for? Am going to take it in for it's first service in a month or so, the problem can wait until then but just a little curious to know if anybody else has experienced such trouble.
I think I have noticed the same thing in mine. (8000Kms done) It sounds like louder diesel clatter than normal, that's it. It never was a concern for me anyway. The sound is more when you lug the engine.

Last edited by clevermax : 21st May 2010 at 13:44.
Old 21st May 2010, 14:07   #2008
Senior - BHPian

how good is the Punt0 1.2 petrol..any owners here?
Old 21st May 2010, 15:06   #2009
BHPian

Thanks for the response. @clevermax: Yes, louder diesel clatter. But I can live with that. What concerns me is that as soon as the A/C is on, there far more noise. Is it because you guys have the climate control version and I dont? Does that make a difference?

@raamki: What is this initial trouble you had? Written somewhere on the forum?

When I did mention this to the guy in the showroom he said it was just the fan, but this comes even when the fan is at the lowest speed. Will have to have it checked in the first service.
Old 21st May 2010, 15:57   #2010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
how good is the Punt0 1.2 petrol..any owners here?
A couple I guess, one was rajinibm (I think, also from Chennai), the other I can't recollect.
roms did a TD and put up a report

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1391230

Most Viewed