Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2010, 15:33   #2176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
guys ive got a problem with the blue and me. now it dosent pair with any phone. one day it was working perfectly, then when i called from the phone it didnt come on the car speakers, since then the blue and me dosent detect any phone, and on the phone it says connection failed. ive deleted all user data from blue and me and from the phone, but still nothing.

any help will be appreciated.

Happened to me once, just disconnect the battery (negative terminal) for say 2 mins and then reconnect the battery. It is after all a microsoft product and restarting is the solution.
Old 15th June 2010, 20:08   #2177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcruiser View Post
Emo Pk users: How do I get the B&M lovely lady's voice to read out messages? I've paired my E71 and can make and take calls, but the message reading does not seem to work. Any change in settings needed?
Royalcruiser, there are limited number of mobile phones that are compactable for the message reader...
Its mostly a sony ericsson that is fully 100% compactable (features) with B&M, while a nokia is not.

Check the list in the blue and me section at the Fiat.it - Starting Page website (international site) for the cell phones list and the features compactable..
Old 15th June 2010, 21:26   #2178
Senior - BHPian

my impressions of the punto mjd emotion pack which I drove for about 100kms.
1) The Clutch is WAY too light because of my heavy clutch in the palio i ended up stalling the vehicle 3-4 times.
2)Power Delivery is just adequate and rather nothing special or exciting.
3)My Knees keep on touching the Dash
4)Rear is rather cramped for 3 people.
5)The Stereo sound quality is a joke.
6)Although the seat belt alarm is a good safety feature , it tends to get very very irritating at times.
7)Noisy Inside(engine noise)
8)Good handling &Brakes.
9) somehow the seating position and the ride height was not confidence inspiring.
10) looked spectacular in white.
Old 15th June 2010, 23:38   #2179
Senior - BHPian

Punto sports is coming!!!!

Had a talk with one of the salesguys and was informed that Punto Sports (Diesel, VGT engine, 90 something HP) is on its way.
He said that it will be launched in coming months. I think it was month of July. My poor memory. I am getting old.
Also that its on road price will be around 8.5 lacs on road in Bangalore.

Now my teeny ineeeey winey scoop.
It will be launched only in Emotion Pack version. Yep, there will be only one version.

BTW: Had a look at new wine red color on Punto. It sucks big time. Its like making Rocky Balboa wear a pink Skirt.

Guys who have Red and White Bosa Nova color Puntos rejoice. These two colors are special in the sense that their coating is 30 micron thick compared to other colors which are 18 micron thick. This means that these two colors can take a lot of abuse in terms of polishing.

OT: Also these two happen to be the easiest to match color in case of painting needed due to scratches etc.

Last edited by download2live : 15th June 2010 at 23:39.
Old 15th June 2010, 23:45   #2180
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhagathgowda View Post
Happened to me once, just disconnect the battery (negative terminal) for say 2 mins and then reconnect the battery. It is after all a microsoft product and restarting is the solution.
aah thanks. thought of doing that but wasnt sure.
Old 16th June 2010, 11:25   #2181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Had a talk with one of the salesguys and was informed that Punto Sports (Diesel, VGT engine, 90 something HP) is on its way.
He said that it will be launched in coming months. I think it was month of July. My poor memory. I am getting old.
Also that its on road price will be around 8.5 lacs on road in Bangalore.

Now my teeny ineeeey winey scoop.
It will be launched only in Emotion Pack version. Yep, there will be only one version.

BTW: Had a look at new wine red color on Punto. It sucks big time. Its like making Rocky Balboa wear a pink Skirt.

Guys who have Red and White Bosa Nova color Puntos rejoice. These two colors are special in the sense that their coating is 30 micron thick compared to other colors which are 18 micron thick. This means that these two colors can take a lot of abuse in terms of polishing.

OT: Also these two happen to be the easiest to match color in case of painting needed due to scratches etc.
Forgot to add that I also saw fox trot azure something on a Linea. Shudder to think what it will look like on a Punto. Electric blue was much better.
Old 16th June 2010, 11:35   #2182
BHPian

My wife wanted a Fox Trot Azure Punto when she saw the pic on the Fiat Website. I convinced her it wouldn't look good in real life. Took me a bit of an effort to convince her that we should go for the Hip Hop Black .
Old 16th June 2010, 11:57   #2183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Forgot to add that I also saw fox trot azure something on a Linea. Shudder to think what it will look like on a Punto. Electric blue was much better.
I agree. Blue was a beautiful colour. I wouder why Fiat India did away with that. Punto looks a very sporty car, and colours like Blue enhance its beauty. White is good too, black is lovely, as is red.

The wine red looks good on Linea, but, why on a Punto? Again, I loved the blue colour.
Old 16th June 2010, 12:53   #2184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks pretty much like a punto in any other color. Looks much better than imagination though. I happen to own one
Old 16th June 2010, 13:50   #2185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Looks pretty much like a punto in any other color. Looks much better than imagination though. I happen to own one
Can you post some pics of your FTA Punto. It looks gr8 on Linea, have not seen any GP in FTA
Old 16th June 2010, 13:58   #2186
Senior - BHPian

FTA looks great on Linea. I am not sure GP with that color will be looking good like the Linea.

I tried to picture FTA punto Emotion and Punto Dynamic.

IMO, dynamic with black grill will be looking good in FTA. Imagine that one with black or gun metal alloys with 195s, and smoked tail lamps. Wow!
Old 16th June 2010, 14:30   #2187

I have a black 1.4 Emotion.. Had bought it in November 09.. Have done more than 9k kms so far.. So far so good..

+ loads of power for a hatchback - 90 bhp.. Can give you the power blast when you really need it.
+ fuel efficiency - I normally take her for long drives and she consistently gives me around 16 kmpl (with ac) and 17 kmpl (with partial ac) on highways.. Maybe its down to my driving style, but I do take her to higher revs and higher speeds (max speed 145 kph)
+ handling and brakes
+ build quality - the plastics are not that great, but the vehicle build as such is top notch.
+ presence : gives the feeling of driving a sedan. I feel the difference while driving other hatchbacks (i10, figo etc)

- service : Pathetic would be an understatement though its improving now. If you are not in a city and are stuck somewhere, then you are in big trouble..
- music player sound quality is bad
- turning radius
- reverse light : many people don't see that the vehicle is reversing, thanks to the reverse light only at one end.. Fiat has to do something about it
- Noise : this is not the most silent of all cars.. Lets you know that you are in driving her
- rear visibility while reversing : less when compared to other cars in the segment.
- spare parts availability

And some other facts

* make sure that you tell the guy at the petrol station to put petrol if you are that version. Very easy to mistake it for a diesel vehicle
* Not the easiest car to drive around if you are new to driving.. She needs some good love before she is tamed fully.

All in all happy with the car so far..
Old 16th June 2010, 14:33   #2188
BANNED

Quote:
Its mostly a sony ericsson that is fully 100% compactable (features) with B&M, while a nokia is not.
Its not true, we have four different Sony phones including P1i and non works for messages.
Old 16th June 2010, 15:02   #2189
Senior - BHPian

I guess its the Windows Mobile OS phones which are fully compatible (Calling and SMS)
Old 16th June 2010, 15:49   #2190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Can you post some pics of your FTA Punto. It looks gr8 on Linea, have not seen any GP in FTA
Ok here it comes

I bought the car in 2 days flat. Wifey wanted Black - I wanted any color apart from silver as we already had a silver.

This apparently was a premium color and this is a BS4 vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc00629.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd June 2010 at 16:07. Reason: Please use MS Paint's eyedropper + paintbrush in the future, as opposed to requesting mods to do it. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks