Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2010, 18:18   #2626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
also i would like to know from zenster, arun & new punter ,
Did you people any time feel any short of power & also as you all own a 1.2 emotion . I would also like to know your feedback ( pros/cons ) on this perticular version for me to help in making a right decision
Here are the pros and cons for me as far as the 1.2 Emotion is considered:

Pros :
1. Amazing looks. Can't believe how amazing it looks and for that price, there is no other car that even comes close to giving this proud feeling when you drive it.
2. Great engine. The engine is not underpowered. Before i bought the car, the Hyundai sales manager used to call me regularly to try to wean me off the punto infavour of the i20 Magna. He used to say that the car is heavy and the engine is underpowered for that chassis and that the A/c would not be effective as a result. After driving it for 2 months now, i can say that the engine is not underpowered at all. It will not win the traffic light drag races for sure , but it is no slouch either. The engine is also very silent. Sometimes, i feel that the engine has stopped and only by checking the tachometer do i know that the engine is still running.
3. Awesome handling. This is one of the best handling cars in the market. I had to drive my friends Wagon R recently and this made me appreciate the Punto's handling even better.
4. Drive Comfort and seating. The car is very comfortable to drive and the seats are very good. I would have wished for the driver seat height adjustment, but i can live with that.
5. Features. I make my friends go 'oooh' with the features that the Punto has got . For the price, some of the features that it offers are amazing.

Cons :
1. The foot well is cramped. Initially, my shoe used to touch the dead clutch when i was pressing the clutch. Sometimes, my shoe used to touch the steering column too and i could feel it when i was turning. With time, i got used to it and i no longer touch the dead clutch or the steering column. So it requires some time to adjust.
2. The 2nd gear is too small. Initially, when you buy the car, the 2nd gear would be almost useless. It is too short. However, after a few hundred kms, it has opened up a lot and i no longer feel the 2nd gear to be short. Another thing to get used to .
3. The visibility is poor both at the front while turning and at the rear. This is also something that needs to get used to, but compared to the other cars that i have driven, the visibility is definitely poor due to thick pillars.
4. Rear leg room is lesser compared to some other cars.
5. The 1.2 Emotion doesn't have some features like ABS and EBD which are present in the 1.3 and 1.4 Emotion models. Fiat should have provided atleast ABS in this model considering that this is the top model in the 1.2 line.

In my opinion, I think you can buy this car without any doubts. The pros far outweigh the cons IMO. Regarding the plastics, I think people have blown this way out of proportion. Sure the plastic quality is not the best and the interiors do not look as great as the I10 or the I20. But the interiors are not too bad and i actually liked the dual tone dashboard. Also, the bonnet and boot levers look flimsy but nothing has broken off so far ( touchwood ).
So there you go, my honest opinion about the car after 2 months of use. One of my friends gave up his decision to buy a Punto after i gave my opinion about the 2nd gear and the cramped foot well .

Last edited by Newpunter : 14th August 2010 at 18:28.
Old 14th August 2010, 21:49   #2627
BHPian

hi zenster, newpunter,paddleshifter,arun,

Thanks a lot & I sincerly appreciate you all for spending your valuable time in giving your inputs. These honest feedbacks from your gives me so much confidence in cementing the decision of buying the 1.2 punto.

I will keep you all posted on the further proceedings time to time
thank you once again
Old 16th August 2010, 13:00   #2628
Senior - BHPian

Guys, what is this sensor like thing on the Punto's dash below the windshield ?
Attached Images

Old 16th August 2010, 13:01   #2629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Outside / External temperature sensor
Old 16th August 2010, 13:03   #2630
Team-BHP Support

Its one of the sensors for the climate control. I think the sunlight sensor, depending on the sunlight it will raise or lower the fan speed, it also takes account of other readings. BTW im not 100% sure the indian car has that, i.e it might be a blank.
Old 16th August 2010, 13:54   #2631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Its one of the sensors for the climate control. I think the sunlight sensor, depending on the sunlight it will raise or lower the fan speed, it also takes account of other readings. BTW im not 100% sure the indian car has that, i.e it might be a blank.
I think it works, I tried putting a cloth over it and the Auto climate control responds..!!
Old 16th August 2010, 13:59   #2632
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
I think it works, I tried putting a cloth over it and the Auto climate control responds..!!
Good to know it isnt a dummy.
Old 16th August 2010, 14:38   #2633
Senior - BHPian

Is there a way to make the ACC remember the settings ? Every time it is turned on, the re-circulate mode and the side vents are off (default setting).
Old 16th August 2010, 15:08   #2634
BHPian

Everytime u turn ACC ON/OFF ... use the OFF button.
This will remember previous setting of temp, air direction.

But you still need to set the air direction to re-circulate manually.

Quote:
Is there a way to make the ACC remember the settings ? Every time it is turned on, the re-circulate mode and the side vents are off (default setting).
Old 16th August 2010, 19:39   #2635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is the inside temperature sensor. Similarly, there is an outside temperature sensor located below the left front ORVMs.
Old 16th August 2010, 19:47   #2636
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
It is the inside temperature sensor. Similarly, there is an outside temperature sensor located below the left front ORVMs.
Nope the inside temp. sensor is in one of those little vents near the climate control display.
Old 16th August 2010, 19:54   #2637
Senior - BHPian

Ok. You mean the ones I've encircled in white. I'm still exploring the features of mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-image_187edited.jpg  

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 16th August 2010 at 19:58.
Old 16th August 2010, 21:14   #2638
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Ok. You mean the ones I've encircled in white. I'm still exploring the features of mine.
Yup those are what im talking about.
Old 17th August 2010, 14:03   #2639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Yup those are what im talking about.
I thought that is the mic! If not, where is the mic?
Old 17th August 2010, 14:14   #2640
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by devansn View Post
I thought that is the mic! If not, where is the mic?
The mic is on the roof, in the panel where the two lights are for the driver and co driver, between the switches for those lights.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks