Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2010, 17:28   #2806
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Guys, has anyone done a 100/90 set up for punto? I tried very hard with dealer I am getting my Punto, but the service station guy rejected it saying that some portion of the wiring has to be cut and it will void the warranty, but I think there must be a way to do it with out geeting the warranty in danger, help reqd... please..
Consider the Phillips Extreme Power Head Lights.
X-treme Power

I am very impressed by their performance. Cost is about a thousand.
No need to change anything.
Old 29th September 2010, 17:44   #2807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I dont know about other people but I found that the headlights of the Punto are surprisingly good. Get the car first and then decide if you want an upgrade or not.
hmm.. I did some night driving in a friend's punto in Kolkata, and I found the light is not enough, anyways getting the delivery tomorrow at 2pm, lets see what can be done with it.

As per the Phillips website xtreme power is available in 9003, 9006, 9007, 9008/H13, H7, but I belive punto has H4? I may be wrong..

Last edited by asdon : 29th September 2010 at 17:47.
Old 30th September 2010, 01:22   #2808
BHPian

Quote:
hmm.. I did some night driving in a friend's punto in Kolkata, and I found the light is not enough, anyways getting the delivery tomorrow at 2pm, lets see what can be done with it.

As per the Phillips website xtreme power is available in 9003, 9006, 9007, 9008/H13, H7, but I belive punto has H4? I may be wrong..
Glad you brought up the question, I too find the stock headlights to be barely sufficient and have been wondering as to whats a good FIAT legal upgrade.

@Bblost - whats the word from FIAT on your car warranty post the upgrade?
Old 30th September 2010, 09:37   #2809
Senior - BHPian

Punto owners -- do any of you'll hear a noise when the steering is turned to full lock? Dad took the car for the 3 month 1st service/checkup, and the guy there checked a new car and that had the same sound , so he very conveniently said it isn't an issue and there's nothing to worry about.

Another issue is that the music system turns on by itself when the ignition is turned on (even after properly switching it off when turning off the engine). The guys at TASS say the software is corrupted and that they don't have the latest update (nothing new from Tata-Fiat). IIRC updating the software is pretty simple. Anybody know how its done?
Old 30th September 2010, 09:56   #2810
BHPian

I had faced this issue (music turning on by itself), and it bothered me a lot.

This is what I found out:

If you have CD inserted or a USB attached the music will turn on by itself.

To rectify the issue:

1. Remove the CD/USB, turn OFF the ignition and remove the keys.
2. Switch ON the music go to FM mode.
3. Turn OFF the music system (keep pressed the ON/OFF button for few seconds).
4. Now turn ON the ignition. The problem should now go away.

Hope this helps.

-PK
Old 30th September 2010, 10:06   #2811
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Punto owners -- do any of you'll hear a noise when the steering is turned to full lock? Dad took the car for the 3 month 1st service/checkup, and the guy there checked a new car and that had the same sound , so he very conveniently said it isn't an issue and there's nothing to worry about.
I don't hear any noise now, but a couple of weeks back I got a noise when the steering was turned to full-lock (for right hand turns only). It was a very faint noise and lasted only one day. It went away without me doing anything. These days, I don't hear any noise - I check everyday because I have to make full-lock turns to get the car into my parking lot.
Old 30th September 2010, 11:29   #2812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
I had faced this issue (music turning on by itself), and it bothered me a lot.

This is what I found out:

If you have CD inserted or a USB attached the music will turn on by itself.

To rectify the issue:

1. Remove the CD/USB, turn OFF the ignition and remove the keys.
2. Switch ON the music go to FM mode.
3. Turn OFF the music system (keep pressed the ON/OFF button for few seconds).
4. Now turn ON the ignition. The problem should now go away.

Hope this helps.

-PK
Will try this out, since I am also facing the same issue. Another issue that irks me big time is that when the USB is attached, then no matter what SRC I was last playing, the CD or radio, if I turn on the ignition, the media player switches on. I then have to manually select the radio or CD player.

Have you or anyone faced this issue? When I checked with the SA he simply unplugged the battery connection to do a hard reset, but it was of no use. They are still to get back for a resolution of this issue.
Old 30th September 2010, 11:51   #2813
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats. I was wondering what happened to you after you last update about selling your Alto, which was a long time back. I think you better hurry if your delivery is at 2 PM today .
Old 30th September 2010, 11:58   #2814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I dont know about other people but I found that the headlights of the Punto are surprisingly good. Get the car first and then decide if you want an upgrade or not.
+1 to that. I am also surprised by reading very frequent posts about the headlights not being "bright enough"

A workaround for those who feel so is to keep the fog lights on. I don't think you will complain after that
Old 30th September 2010, 13:25   #2815
BHPian

@royalcruiser

Yes I have faced the same issue. It will always start in "Media Player" mode if the USB is connected.

-PK
Old 30th September 2010, 14:21   #2816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
@royalcruiser

Yes I have faced the same issue. It will always start in "Media Player" mode if the USB is connected.

-PK
For this to be corrected, "AutoPlay" has to be off in media player settings.
Old 30th September 2010, 14:46   #2817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
what he said is true.! I hear the noise too . It has been discussed already in this thread that its due to the power steering pump cutting off at maximum lock. So don't worry, its the same for everyone!
Old 30th September 2010, 14:58   #2818
BHPian

A question for Punto owners:

I hear a distinct hollow knock sound from the rear right sometimes while reversing or going over a bump or while taking a turn at slow speed.

Its a single knock and is seldom there.

First the SA at service center said its from the rear seat and they put a black electric tape over the clamps where it locks to secure it tightly. But that sound was still there.

Then they went ahead and changed the rear right shocker, but the sound is still there.

They have checked all the suspension bolts. I have checked that there are no loose objects and the spare tyre is secured tightly.

Has anyone faced similar issues, if yes, what is the solution?
Old 30th September 2010, 16:01   #2819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
from the rear right sometimes while reversing or going over a bump or while taking a turn at slow speed.
I've little knowledge on this subject but I doubt if it's related to shocker because you experience it while reversing, taking a turn at slow speed as well.

Thought this is unlikely, could it be a possibility that some metallic part in the boot is the cause? Or some loose metal part in the spare wheel well? e.g. seat belt buckle/tool kit etc striking against the metal part of the seat in the boot as shown below.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-gp.jpg  

Old 30th September 2010, 22:25   #2820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
I've little knowledge on this subject but I doubt if it's related to shocker because you experience it while reversing, taking a turn at slow speed as well.

Thought this is unlikely, could it be a possibility that some metallic part in the boot is the cause? Or some loose metal part in the spare wheel well? e.g. seat belt buckle/tool kit etc striking against the metal part of the seat in the boot as shown below.
I have already check it, but I will give it a look again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks