Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2010, 23:43   #2881
Senior - BHPian

It would be nice if you can post a pic for better understanding.
Also, is it MJD or FIRE?
You can also refer to the manual to know which container is what!
Old 30th October 2010, 01:05   #2882
BHPian

@nvkale2
The 1st time I used RSA was back in Decemeber when one of the Rear Windows go jammed on a Road Trip that my father took to kerala. This happened on a Saturday evening and RSA guy immediately gave me the number for the nearest service center and the direct number for the Service manager. Once my father called them up, they said they will come to service center on Sunday morning to check on this window, which they did and put the window back to its place. the motor needed to be replaced which was not in stock.
i would say based on my experience so far the RSA is really good but the regular service needs improvement.
Old 1st November 2010, 11:10   #2883
BHPian

When do I get better discounts?s t

Hi guys,

One of the cars which I have shortlisted to buy is the Punto. I am, looking forward to buy a car in this month or by december. My query was , do companies give better discounts in Diwali or in december as it is the end of the year??

Also guys I know the rear bench of the Punto is a bit cramped with respect to the legroom available but with respect to the width does it get too much uncomfortable on longer trips(200-250 kms, one way) for 3 medium sized adults??

Thanks.

Last edited by MihirC : 1st November 2010 at 11:24.
Old 1st November 2010, 14:58   #2884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Also guys I know the rear bench of the Punto is a bit cramped with respect to the legroom available but with respect to the width does it get too much uncomfortable on longer trips(200-250 kms, one way) for 3 medium sized adults??

Thanks.
I really doubt if the leg rooms are not enough, I am 5'8", and one of my friend who is 6', we travelled in a Punto for about 150 kms, and the drive was comfortable enough. But yes for 3 in the back this may be little issue but not width wise.
Old 1st November 2010, 18:15   #2885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
but with respect to the width does it get too much uncomfortable on longer trips(200-250 kms, one way) for 3 medium sized adults??
Yes, it would not be comfortable for the third passenger because of the tunnel in the floor. Only car that is best in this aspect is the Corolla Altis.

And this problem is not specific to Punto only. Polo tops the list of cars and this tunnel is as high as 15cm.

I would suggest that you should take 2 people with you and then the three of you shall try to sit in the rear and have a comparison of various hatchbacks you are considering.
Old 2nd November 2010, 10:13   #2886
BHPian

@mihriC i think diwali has good offers and December because it is the end of the year so u may get discounts on cars from dealers to move the 2010 models out before the new year starts.
Old 5th November 2010, 19:58   #2887
Senior - BHPian

Guys, yesterday i was driving the Punto in the rain and i noticed the wipers make a noise (rubbing noise) at the end of every wipe. There was enough rain and they weren't wiping a dry windshield. The wipe is very clean, but it's like it rubs against something at the end of each wipe. Its quite irritating. Anybody had this problem?
Old 6th November 2010, 08:23   #2888
Senior - BHPian

@Fiat Tarun- Get your wiper blades replaced under warranty from TASC. J Ravi sir and one more Fiat owner has done this.
Though I believe that this problem is general issue with the wipers but most people say that it disappears after replacing the wiper blades.
Old 6th November 2010, 11:37   #2889
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Even the wipers in my Punto have become squeaky, but it won't be fair on my part to ask for a warranty replacement. I'll pay for new ones in the next service due.
Old 10th November 2010, 10:13   #2890
Senior - BHPian

Blue Punto

Saw the Blue Punto on display in Concorde showroom(Dairy Circle) today. Same old shade, called electric blue I guess. Took a snap. Will upload picture when I reach home.
Old 10th November 2010, 10:21   #2891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Guys, yesterday i was driving the Punto in the rain and i noticed the wipers make a noise (rubbing noise) at the end of every wipe. There was enough rain and they weren't wiping a dry windshield. The wipe is very clean, but it's like it rubs against something at the end of each wipe. Its quite irritating. Anybody had this problem?
My punto also has the same problem and the strange thing is the sqeaking sound comes only when windshield is wet. If we turn on wipers by mistake when its fully dry there is no sound !!
Old 10th November 2010, 10:21   #2892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Saw the Blue Punto on display in Concorde showroom(Dairy Circle) today. Same old shade, called electric blue I guess. Took a snap. Will upload picture when I reach home.
That must be a BS3 vehicle, only for display. That shade is discontinued.
Old 10th November 2010, 23:13   #2893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
That must be a BS3 vehicle, only for display. That shade is discontinued.
I was also in knowledge of the same thing. But baffles me why will they use a discontinued colour on a Display model. Anyways for the (few)fans of the electric blue here is the pic as promised.

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-10112010.jpg
Old 13th November 2010, 00:00   #2894
BHPian

Has anyone here installed central locking on a Punto Active?
One of my friend from work has installed a Autocop cental locking on his Active and it is working perfectly fine. He paid around 4k for it. I will be installing it after my first service which is due this month.
Old 13th November 2010, 00:19   #2895
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
Has anyone here installed central locking on a Punto Active?
One of my friend from work has installed a Autocop cental locking on his Active and it is working perfectly fine. He paid around 4k for it. I will be installing it after my first service which is due this month.
I think Fiat provides central locking as an official accessory. It will be more expensive than autocop but probably a better idea. Some members here have got it, search around.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks